HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Three Police Cars Collide, Then Blame The Civilian Car They Hit
Posted by: Coverup Cop ()
Date: March 14, 2016 08:00PM

ALEXANDRIA, VA — Three Metro Transit Police cruisers were involved in a 4-vehicle wreck late Saturday, according to Virginia State Police.

The four drivers involved in the wreck, including 3 officers, were transported to area hospitals with injuries that were not life threatening.

Just after 11 p.m., the three Metro cruisers were speeding north on I-395 near Seminary Road with emergency lights and sirens flashing. Their destination was not revealed.

A 2014 Toyota Camry in front of the cruisers reportedly attempted to slow to get out of their way, according to Virginia State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller.

The cruisers were traveling too close and too fast to avoid the car.

One cruiser sideswiped another cruiser before crashing into the Camry. The third cruiser struck one of the other cruisers and ran off the road and into the Jersey wall.

The three Metro officers were transported to George Washington University Hospital. Their names were not released.

The driver of the Toyota, Mary H. Daniel of Woodbridge, was transported to Inova Alexandria Hospital. She was charged with stopping in a highway, according to Geller.

All lanes reopened by 1:41 a.m.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Three Police Cars Collide, Then Blame The Civilian Car They Hit
Posted by: Frank S. ()
Date: March 14, 2016 08:05PM

"Their destination was not revealed". Har. I hope Ms. Daniel gets a good attorney. A decent attorney will make a dogs breakfast of the prosection's "stopping in a highway" case, and then kill them with a civil action. Fuck these guys.

Posted by: Legal Warning ()
Date: March 14, 2016 08:33PM

I wonder how the prosecutor intends to get around this:

§ 46.2-829.Upon the approach of any emergency vehicle as defined in § 46.2-920 giving audible signal by siren, exhaust whistle, or air horn designed to give automatically intermittent signals, and displaying a flashing, blinking, or alternating emergency light or lights as provided in §§ 46.2-1022 through 46.2-1024, the driver of every other vehicle shall, as quickly as traffic and other highway conditions permit, drive to the nearest edge of the roadway, clear of any intersection of highways, and stop and remain there, unless otherwise directed by a law-enforcement officer, until the emergency vehicle has passed.

Posted by: Jjn4m ()
Date: March 14, 2016 08:35PM

Holy cow!

Posted by: black tailgaters ()
Date: March 14, 2016 08:42PM

Like a Congo line?

Posted by: Slowed down or stopped ? ()
Date: March 14, 2016 08:49PM

I smell a bull shit story on the cops side. They think the highways are the fucking autobahn while responding to a call. I drive at night and commonly see VSP drive extremely fast without their headlights on trying to catch a drunk driver or speeder and also see other agency's fly by me like I am at a complete and total standstill. Ultimately it is the officer who should be held responsible when driving so fast. What a fucking joke.

Posted by: Ray's Music City ()
Date: March 14, 2016 08:55PM

Remember the Blues Brothers movie?

Posted by: Safety first ()
Date: March 14, 2016 08:55PM

"with due regard for the safety of others"

For example:

A police car driving at 5mph blasts through a red light. They T-bone someone and kill them. The dead had a green light and was traveling at normal speed.

A police car driving at 55mph blasts through a red light. They T-bone someone and kill them. The dead had a green light and was traveling at normal speed.

A police car driving at 105mph blasts through a red light. They T-bone someone and kill them. The dead had a green light and was traveling at normal speed.

Is one officer more to blame than the other?
Is one citizen more to blame than the other?

"Ashley's Law."

Officer Amanda Perry kills Ashley McIntosh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW4fKe7LntI

You decide.

Posted by: Frank S. ()
Date: March 14, 2016 08:56PM

Ray's Music City Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember the Blues Brothers movie?

We're on a mission from god.

Posted by: DingleBell ()
Date: March 14, 2016 09:09PM

Safety first Wrote:
> "with due regard for the safety of others"
>
>
> For example:
>
> A police car driving at 5mph blasts through a red
> light. They T-bone someone and kill them. The dead
> had a green light and was traveling at normal
> speed.
>
>
> A police car driving at 55mph blasts through a red
> light. They T-bone someone and kill them. The
> dead had a green light and was traveling at normal
> speed.
>
> A police car driving at 105mph blasts through a
> red light. They T-bone someone and kill them. The
> dead had a green light and was traveling at normal
> speed.
>
>
>
> Is one officer more to blame than the other?
> Is one citizen more to blame than the other?
>
>
>
> "Ashley's Law."
>
> Officer Amanda Perry kills Ashley McIntosh.
>
>
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW4fKe7LntI
>
>
>
> You decide.

In all three cases, did the police use his siren and lights? That would be important to know.

Posted by: Change the Va. State Law ()
Date: March 14, 2016 09:29PM

No high speed blasting thru red lights by police. They must exercise due care and should be held responsible if they hit someone. No more of this crap.

In the summer of 2011 VSP Trooper Bowen responded to a call for backup cause some undercover cop was buying a marijuana cigarette from some kid. "Hero" Bowen sped thru King George Va on Rt 3 west bound at over 100 miles per hour. At a red light a elderly couple pulled out never seeing Bowens approach at 110 mph. He served a bit, clipped them slightly skidded sideways and his car impacted a large steel light pole sideways cutting it completely in half, the front looking like it was untouched, the rear destroyed. He was killed instantly. And he was memorialized as a "Hero".. Bullshit! He was a maniac who could have killed anyone in his path. Change the law Va..And It will happen in time. Enough Is Enough.

Posted by: BillyBob ()
Date: March 14, 2016 10:30PM

"Metro Police"??????????

In a hurry? Where? Duck Donuts?

Posted by: N6huG ()
Date: March 14, 2016 10:39PM

Remember the case of the VSP officer hitting a girl crossing the street near madison (?) VA. He was going something like 120 and didnt even have time to hit the breaks. Then there was the incident in falls church back in the 80's where a family was run over when the fairfax police were chasing a stolen car.

Posted by: fracturedfairfax ()
Date: March 14, 2016 11:37PM

N6huG Wrote:
> Remember the case of the VSP officer hitting a
> girl crossing the street near madison (?) VA. He
> was going something like 120 and didnt even have
> time to hit the breaks. Then there was the
> incident in falls church back in the 80's where a
> family was run over when the fairfax police were
> chasing a stolen car.

That was 43-year-old Lemon Road Elementary School principal Dr. Emory Wayne Burchett, who was killed along with his two daughters, 12-year-old Kara and 8-year-old Rena, when a 17-year-old fleeing criminal suspect crashed the 1980 Toyota Tercel he was driving into the Burchetts' car at around 100 miles per hour on the morning of January 17, 1993.

The suspect was being chased by an Arlington County police officer at the time.

Burchett and his daughters were on their way to church.

Absolutely Nothing You Need to Know About Fairfax County

Fractured Fairfax

https://www.fracturedfairfax.com
Unnatural Deaths in Fairfax County Map

Posted by: TruthSpeaks ()
Date: March 14, 2016 11:59PM

Mrs. Mary H. Daniel of Woodbridge elected to bring her vehicle to a stop in the left lane of a 4-lane Interstate when approached by emergency vehicles with lights & siren activated. Had Mrs. Daniel followed the proper procedures in this scenario as stipulated by Virginia law (where she is presumably licensed), this accident could have, and should have, been prevented.

Mrs. Mary H. Daniel of Woodbridge was properly cited for her dangerous oversight and it is my opinion that she was let off "easy."

Police witch-hunt disengage.

Posted by: Int Aff ()
Date: March 15, 2016 02:25AM

TruthSpeaks Wrote:
> Mrs. Mary H. Daniel of Woodbridge elected to bring
> her vehicle to a stop in the left lane NEAR THE CLOSEST SHOULDER of a 4-lane
> Interstate AS REQUIRED BY LAW when approached by emergency vehicles
> with lights & siren activated. Mrs. Daniel
> followed the proper procedures in this scenario as
> stipulated by Virginia law (where she is
> presumably licensed).

HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE ACTIONS OF THE SPEEDING POLICE OFFICERS, this accident could have, and should have, been prevented.
>
> Mrs. Mary H. Daniel of Woodbridge was
> cited IN AN ATTEMPT TO DEFLECT BLAME as
> a PROFESSIONAL COURTESY to the AGGRESSIVELY DRIVING OFFICERS.

Fixed it for you. You're welcome.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: March 15, 2016 03:47AM

Three Metro Police speeding north on 395 just before Seminary Road. Sounds like they were going home. That’s three lanes there, I think. I don’t suspect they were speeding single-file and I don’t suspect they were chasing a Metro bus. They likely were encompassing all three lanes and came upon this woman from out of no where. What could she have done? They were already on her. The Metro Police did this and she is the victim.

> The cruisers were traveling too close and too fast
> to avoid the car.

Correction: “The cruisers were traveling so fast that before they knew it, they were too close to avoid the car."

> One cruiser sideswiped another cruiser before
> crashing into the Camry. The third cruiser struck
> one of the other cruisers and ran off the road and
> into the Jersey wall.

Correction: “The one cruiser swerved right to avoid the Camry, sideswiped the second cruiser, bounced back and hit the Camry anyway. The second cruiser, upon impact, was thrown into the third cruiser causing it to run off the road and into the Jersey wall." [Three Stooges Style]

> The driver of the Toyota was charged with stopping in a highway.

Correction: The driver of the Toyota, unable to pick-up her speed fast enough to avoid being run over, had no choice but to seek cover any way she could. Fortunately, the police were able to safely bring the situation to a close and avoid death as their cruisers were made of rubber.

Posted by: Commuter ()
Date: March 15, 2016 07:22AM

What the hell are Metro Transit Police doing at 11pm speeding up 395? I had one of those assholes tail me once on the Beltway at 0500 for passing him at 70 as if ready to try to pull me over. We were not near any bus stops or Metro stations (they don't have jurisdiction everywhere), so he could fuck right off.

Posted by: Not guilty ()
Date: March 15, 2016 07:34AM

Sirens or not , if the metro police were traveling at a high rate of speed you don't hear the sirens until the last second. Furthermore new cars have sound dreading material inside to keep road noise out. If you read end someone emergency vehicle or not you should be held responsible just like any other driver. Hopefully she went to the er with "neck pains" and sues the cops.

Posted by: Louie Chevrolet ()
Date: March 15, 2016 07:50AM

It's not just metro police, I see all different police agency vehicles driving like idiots all the time. Speeding, tailgating, weaving, never using turn signals,etc. and they are not on calls, because later I see them just hanging out at 7-11 or a gas station.

Posted by: Donut Shop Owner ()
Date: March 15, 2016 08:01AM

It's very unfortunate that this lady had to have such a "run-in" with these 3 cops. Are metro police officers even real cops? Or, just overpaid security guards who have police powers and are armed?

I hope this lady sues all of them.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: March 15, 2016 01:05PM

TruthSpeaks Wrote:
> Mrs. Mary H. Daniel of Woodbridge elected to bring
> her vehicle to a stop in the left lane of a 4-lane
> Interstate when approached by emergency vehicles
> with lights & siren activated. Had Mrs. Daniel
> followed the proper procedures in this scenario as
> stipulated by Virginia law (where she is
> presumably licensed), this accident could have,
> and should have, been prevented.
>
> Mrs. Mary H. Daniel of Woodbridge was properly
> cited for her dangerous oversight and it is my
> opinion that she was let off "easy."
>
> Police witch-hunt disengage.

Have you always been a twit? She was charged with the very specific charge of stopping on the highway. She is supposed to move to the nearest side of the road and stop when police vehicles are approaching with lights and sirens. She may well have violated some traffic law, but it wasn't stopping on a highway.

Posted by: ebay.com ()
Date: March 15, 2016 01:21PM

HD Dash cam + 32gb sd card all for $50

I was unfortunate enough to get hit by a nigger, of course its never a niggers fault. Dash cam proved otherwise.

Posted by: Our Government is Foul ()
Date: March 15, 2016 01:31PM

Another case of ineptitude government officials, where not only our laws are subverted, but my wallet has been robbed.

All of the costs of those cars will come out of us taxpayers' money.

And, hopefully that lady will hire a good lawyer, and sue the hell out of those cops; yet, us taxpayers will foot that bill, too.

We really do need a overhaul of all this government bullshit. Democrats and Republicans are all mostly boobs.

Bernie Sanders can go to Hell. Hillary Clinton is already there.

I hope Trump actually wins. The fact that the Leftists are pulling their hair out over Trumps continued primary victories makes me think that Trump is probably good for our country. Terrible for Democrats. Maybe terrible for Republicans. But good for the United States of America.

Posted by: truth sets you free ()
Date: March 16, 2016 09:42AM

sounds about right...lots of great public servant officers....but too many p o s cops too...
kind of like the cop in pg county that offed that fine wesley snipes looking officer

Posted by: abelard ()
Date: March 16, 2016 01:11PM

>I wonder how the prosecutor intends to get around this:

My guess is it's a shot across her bow - we'll drop the charge if you'll drop the lawsuit.

Translation: please don't sue us for 10 million dollars cuz you'll most certainly win.

Posted by: Only Cops Get Away With It ()
Date: March 16, 2016 07:33PM

Firefighters may pass thru red lights but they must exercise due care and if they do cause a accident they can be charged.

Cops have a free pass to wantonly disregard human life as Trooper Bowen referenced above did in the King George Va case. At 100 mph his car was cut completely in half like a knife did it. It takes extremely high speed to do this. Where was the great emergency that required this reckless speed?

Read the propaganda that says he was braking and how he "heroically saved the live's" of the people he clipped.

http://www.richmond.com/news/article_36790919-334e-5688-a3c6-0cf1e80369bd.html

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.