HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Possession of Marijuana
Posted by: LEe ()
Date: July 14, 2009 02:07AM

So I turned without a turn signal, got pulled over, and had a piece with some ash in it. I'm charged with possession. It's my first offense. What can I expect?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Possession of Marijuana
Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: July 14, 2009 02:15AM

get a lawyer?

Date: July 14, 2009 02:24AM

The cop said it would probably be expunged from my record so do you think a lawyer is necessary"?

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: July 14, 2009 02:35AM

LEe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The cop said it would probably be expunged from my
> record so do you think a lawyer is necessary"?

Yes, always.

Date: July 14, 2009 02:56AM

LEe Wrote:
> The cop said it would probably be expunged from my
> record so do you think a lawyer is necessary"?

seriously, never take their word for it, they may act like they're your friend, but they dont have your best interest at heart. Get a lawyer, one specializing in drug possession cases. unless you are under the age of 18, which means it would probably be expunged.

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: July 14, 2009 03:18AM

LEe Wrote:
> So I turned without a turn signal, got pulled
> over, and had a piece with some ash in it. I'm
> charged with possession. It's my first offense.
> What can I expect?

A first offence for MJ possession is usually not prosecuted. The judge will most likely issue a continuance for 6 months, suspend your license and tell you that if you haven't been arrested again before the new court date, you will be free to go.

They usually don't fuck with first time offenders of simple possesion.

If you really feel like spending the money, or are not sure about the outcome, hire a lawyer.

If you can afford it, hire the lawyer. He might actually be able to have the charges thrown out or maybe prevent you from having your license suspended.

All things considered, just show up, take the standard 90 days suspension and 6 month court date (that you don't even have to show up for if nothing else has happened) and be happy.

In the future, stop smoking weed outside of your home, and definitely do not drive around town with weed or a pipe.

If you absolutely cannot resist the urge to smoke outside your home, take a sheet of tinfoil, roll it around a pencil, and bend up a quarter inch at the end. You just made a bowl you can crumple up and throw away anytime you see blue lights.

But just stop smoking outside your home. When you stay home and smoke, the cops really don't give a shit. Out of sight, out of mind. Do whatever you want at home, but keep it at home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 03:31AM by Thurston Moore.

Date: July 14, 2009 03:48AM

Thanks Thurston, I hope you are right. I'm 20 years old and have absolutely nothing on my record. Do you really think a lawyer could get the charges dismissed? And what is the difference between not prosecuting and having the charges dropped?

Date: July 14, 2009 03:52AM

Another good kid ( i dont know why i say "kid" he's only 3 years younger than me...) caught up in bullshit charges. We really need to rethink drug policies in this country. But yea... dont drive with shit in your car.

Date: July 14, 2009 04:19AM

and two more things....

When a conviction is expunged does that mean its disappeared forever?

and

how often is possession of weed dropped down to just possession of parephanalia, which does not carry a suspension of a license

Date: July 14, 2009 04:24AM

LEe Wrote:
> Thanks Thurston, I hope you are right. I'm 20
> years old and have absolutely nothing on my
> record. Do you really think a lawyer could get
> the charges dismissed? And what is the difference
> between not prosecuting and having the charges
> dropped?

A lawyer might get the charges dropped outright, but you are going to pay dearly.

As far as I know, a first time simple possession is usually treated lightly. The judge is going to suspend your license for 6 months (and you can petition for a restricted license), and after 6 months of no other charges, you don't have anything to worry about.

If you plan to run for office some day, having the charges dismissed instead of them going to court without being prosecuted might make a difference. I don't know. As far as I know, even going to court and having the judge withhold prosecution pending further violations is really the same thing. You never get convicted, so it only shows up as an arrest, and nothing more.

Date: July 14, 2009 04:28AM

LEe Wrote:
> and two more things....
>
> When a conviction is expunged does that mean its
> disappeared forever?
>
> and
>
> how often is possession of weed dropped down to
> just possession of parephanalia, which does not
> carry a suspension of a license

We're not talking about expunging a conviction. A first offense simple possession charge is usually never brought to conviction. The judge is basically withholding judgement for 6 months and if you don't get into trouble in those 6 months, he isn't going to convict you, he's going to dismiss the charges.

So, it basically means that as long as you keep yourself out of trouble for 6 months, the only thing you have on your record is an arrest record, not an actual conviction or criminal record.

Being arrested for something and being convicted of it are two different things. You can probably still get a security clearance, or run for office, and you can definitely not worry about it affecting normal job applications.

Date: July 14, 2009 04:40AM

I really hope you're right man. Is it possible to have an arrest record expunged? I don't even know if you could say I was arrested. They just put cuffs on me and made me sit on the side of the road for 30 minutes then let me drive off. Also, this occurred in Loudon county

Posted by: smoke weed every day! ()
Date: July 14, 2009 04:40AM

You would know

Thurston Moore Wrote:
> LEe Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > and two more things....
> >
> > When a conviction is expunged does that mean
> its
> > disappeared forever?
> >
> > and
> >
> > how often is possession of weed dropped down to
> > just possession of parephanalia, which does not
> > carry a suspension of a license
>
>
> We're not talking about expunging a conviction. A
> first offense simple possession charge is usually
> never brought to conviction. The judge is
> basically withholding judgement for 6 months and
> if you don't get into trouble in those 6 months,
> he isn't going to convict you, he's going to
> dismiss the charges.
>
> So, it basically means that as long as you keep
> yourself out of trouble for 6 months, the only
> thing you have on your record is an arrest record,
> not an actual conviction or criminal record.
>
> Being arrested for something and being convicted
> of it are two different things. You can probably
> still get a security clearance, or run for office,
> and you can definitely not worry about it
> affecting normal job applications.

Date: July 14, 2009 04:42AM

smoke weed every day! Wrote:
> You would know
>

Yes, Patrick. I would know.

Tapout, man! Tapout!

Date: July 14, 2009 04:46AM

but if anyone has gone through the same thing i am going through now i would really like to hear about it

Date: July 14, 2009 04:48AM

LEe Wrote:
> I really hope you're right man. Is it possible to
> have an arrest record expunged? I don't even know
> if you could say I was arrested. They just put
> cuffs on me and made me sit on the side of the
> road for 30 minutes then let me drive off. Also,
> this occurred in Loudon county

I'm pretty sure arrest records are never expunged.

If you had cuffs on you, you were arrested. If you were given a summons, you were arrested.

Don't worry about that part of it all. Worry about how much you had, or if the paraphernalia will test positive for THC.

But, if all you had on you was a small "personal use" amount, or just a bowl with residue, you should be able to get a probation before conviction and have it thrown out after 6 months.

Of course, my experience is with Fairfax County courts, I don't know that much about Loudon.

Perhaps you should ask Inkahootz about Loudon. I hear he has all kinds of experience with all of the courts in the area, especially Arlington, but I'm sure Loudon, as well. He's a bad-ass dude, after all. But unfortunately he says he isn't posting here anymore, even if the same person is still making lame comments and stalking regulars like a little bitch.

Date: July 14, 2009 04:52AM

it was a bowl with ash crusted on the bottom of it

Date: July 14, 2009 05:00AM

LEe Wrote:
> it was a bowl with ash crusted on the bottom of it

All they can do is send it to the lab and find traces of THC on it. That is simple possession, no quantity or anything like "intent to distribute" or anything.

Small quantities are not a big deal. Traces in a bowl are the most benign.

You certainly won't see any jail time, and most likely will just lose your license for a little while, and never be convicted of anything.

If you are really worried, consult with a lawyer. They don't charge you for consultation, they only charge you if they represent you in court. Any honest lawyer will probably tell you his services are not necessary.

Date: July 14, 2009 06:04AM

Anybody know any good lawyers who could help me out? Sounds like Robert Whitestone is a pretty good choice.

Date: July 14, 2009 07:02AM

Also, does anybody know that if a possession of marijuana case gets knocked down to possession of paraphenalia, are there still drug/alcohol testing and suspended licenses involved

Re: Fairfax County Swat in action right now
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 14, 2009 07:31AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 07:26AM by WingNut.

Date: July 14, 2009 08:26AM

I'm hoping that a dismissal or at the very least an expungement will happen. First time offense

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 14, 2009 08:48AM

where is all this expungement stuff coming from? In the technical sense that's not on the table here. A dismissal or a finding of not guilty is the best you can do.

BTW I say get a lawyer and fight it, the cops often present weak cases at these trials. Fuck probation.

Date: July 14, 2009 09:37AM

Actually its seems like expungement is the way it is going to work out

Posted by: ffxstoner ()
Date: July 14, 2009 12:01PM

Why did you consent to a search?

Posted by: duhh ()
Date: July 14, 2009 12:13PM

ffxstoner Wrote:
> Why did you consent to a search?

He was stoned, anything else?

Date: July 14, 2009 12:46PM

You can still control yourself while stoned. He said marijuana not meth.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: July 14, 2009 12:47PM

You got off lucky. I got caught with the exact same thing in MD and they took me to jail for the night and seized my car. This was years ago though. Don't know if it's changed up there now. I got a lawyer though and he got it thrown out on a technicality. An expensive lesson learned.

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: July 14, 2009 04:06PM

As far as I know, which admittedly isn't much, "expungement" only occurs for minors under the age of 18.

I wouldn't, however, rely on advice from some "tapout" wastoid. FFS.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: July 14, 2009 04:19PM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
> As far as I know, which admittedly isn't much,
> "expungement" only occurs for minors under the age
> of 18.
>
> I wouldn't, however, rely on advice from some
> "tapout" wastoid. FFS.

No if you're not convicted you can get it expunged from the court records, but the arrest remains. Maybe that's different for minors?

Posted by: H DeeZy ()
Date: July 14, 2009 05:04PM

Ditto fairfaxstoner's question ;

did he smell something or what prompted him to search for the bowl. IMO it was probably in plain-view.

Date: July 14, 2009 09:04PM

Also, how does this affect car insurance, if at all? I was not driving high or anything like that. The bowl had not been used in awhile and just had resin

Posted by: jbob ()
Date: July 15, 2009 06:31PM

Convictions are not expunged unless you go through the legal process to have them expunged. just because you turn 18 does not make it go away. the arrest, and then the subsequent conviction, will be reported to the FBI through NCIC, and there will always be a record of it. THe juvenile court may purge the records after 10 years, but since the FBI will still have it, it never really goes away.

Posted by: botwin ()
Date: July 16, 2009 09:45PM

Just got charged, if you want it exponged, you have to do a year of probation and drug services, six months suspended license, 24 hours of community service and you'll wind up paying about $700 for drug services and court fees, get a GOOD lawyer

Posted by: Bender ()
Date: July 18, 2009 10:14PM

You dont need a lawyer, ignore these fuckheads. First time possession and you will simply get a 6 month suspended sentence after which it will be expunged from your record. That means no one will see it except the pigs and it might come up during a top security background check but whether your convicted or not they will know you were arrested for it anyways.

Posted by: Bender ()
Date: July 18, 2009 10:16PM

Scratch that first part. I forgot my uncle was a lawyer lol.

Posted by: Za ()
Date: July 20, 2009 05:08AM

From what I understand its 6 month's probation, not a year

Posted by: LeE ()
Date: July 20, 2009 05:16AM

I don't know if its possible but I would love to get off without the drug/alcohol testing. I'm going to be turning 21 in November and not being able to drink would be pretty lame. Also, I'll be in college in New Jersey so I'm not sure how this all this counseling and testing would be handled

Posted by: this sucks ()
Date: July 22, 2009 08:53PM

So right after I turned 18 I got a possession of Marijuana charge. I got a lawyer who is a family friend to represent me but he said it was pointless to fight because the labs would find it to be THC and would charge me anyways. So I got a possession charge. I lost my licence for 6 months and had to go to drug and alcohol information classes. Which was 6 weeks long. I was drug tested once at the intake interview, once in the middle and once at the end. Which for 6 weeks you can be clean... or test your luck and just get a detox drink. I didnt have any community service and my lawyer said that it will be on the record as a charge but not a conviction. Hope this helps.

Posted by: Yodig ()
Date: July 23, 2009 01:02AM

Charge aint shit bro. Just do the probation

Posted by: yoyoyo ()
Date: July 23, 2009 02:48AM

Yo this sucks, I got a question. Were you drug tested only during those 6 weeks? From what I've read its totally random

Posted by: ZMorris ()
Date: July 24, 2009 01:03AM

I feel like we should explore this topic more. Discuss

Posted by: 420 ()
Date: July 24, 2009 09:31AM

420 time

Date: July 24, 2009 10:38AM

I would fuck them. Except the foreigner.

Posted by: fdsfsd ()
Date: January 26, 2010 04:26AM

I beat my case if anyone was wondering.

Posted by: WhoKnows ()
Date: January 26, 2010 08:39AM

At least consult a Loudon county lawyer. The first consult is usually free. You may need help getting permission to do your drug education classes out of state. People have lost jobs/school/money and time,etc because of VASAP bullshit. Their classes and counseling are a joke all totally designed to rake in your money. Frankly, I would rather pay a bigger fine than have ever go there. And guard your urine sample closely during testing - I have personal knowledge of pee theft.

The only way you will have a conviction vs. a dismissal on your record is if you screw up or VASAP screws you. After 3 years, you can apply to have it expunged.

If Obama, Clinton, and a reluctant Bush II have known drug pasts, this should not slow you down. Actually the FBI and other agencies really only freak over past hard drug use that is hard to kick such as cocaine/crack/meth. So it should not affect a security clearance in the future.

Posted by: gerhdrh ()
Date: January 26, 2010 09:27AM

I won the trial. Its all good in the hood

Posted by: cwalker ()
Date: May 04, 2010 04:41PM

i got pulled over and there was a small amount of beer in my truck and he asked me i fthere was anything else in my truck. i gave him the less then a gram bag. i got a lwayer and he said he was going to try to get it knocked down to an advisory charge since im 17 and have a clean record so i wouldnt lose my license... do you think there is any chance i can get this knocked down

Posted by: jandil23 ()
Date: June 24, 2010 09:57AM

what can happen i got charged with possession of marijuana i was 17 but i turned 18 a month later do you think it will be a juvenile court or adult what can happen to me any suggests would be helpful

Posted by: kingpins dream ()
Date: June 24, 2010 11:33AM

The best/easiest solution to your problem is to just work with the cops one time, easiest thing is to set up your least favorite drug dealer. you wont have the charge on your record, they will noel process you at court and you won't have to deal with probation. anyways some people are too scared to do this and not everything is suited for everyone. anyways good luck in court man!

Posted by: warren ()
Date: December 16, 2011 09:28PM

hey man just went threw what you are going threw in virginia i had less then a half ounch and a blunt in the car got charge with a simple pos charge chose not to get a lawyer and they do not like it plus they turn shit all around on u i was under the impression that if i take the charge they would just suspend liceneses and no probabation so i did that bc i didnt want probation then i get stuck with 6 months probo and 6 months loss licenses get a lawyer if u cant afford it they will appoint one for ya

Posted by: Alpha Male ()
Date: December 16, 2011 09:32PM

warren Wrote:
> hey man just went threw what you are going threw
> in virginia i had less then a half ounch and a
> blunt in the car got charge with a simple pos
> charge chose not to get a lawyer and they do not
> like it plus they turn shit all around on u i was
> under the impression that if i take the charge
> they would just suspend liceneses and no
> probabation so i did that bc i didnt want
> probation then i get stuck with 6 months probo and
> 6 months loss licenses get a lawyer if u cant
> afford it they will appoint one for ya

Judging by your writing style, I'd say you better lay off the weed dude. Looks like most of your brain cells are dead.

And don't be afraid to use this: .

(It's called a PERIOD).

Posted by: random ()
Date: January 17, 2012 10:59AM

At asap, do they watch you pee into the cup or are you unsupervised?

Posted by: Thats what they say! ()
Date: January 17, 2012 02:06PM

random Wrote:
> At asap, do they watch you pee into the cup or are
> you unsupervised?

I hear Jimmy Dangles will watch, and he may even hold it for you to make sure it isnt a rubber dildo!

Posted by: CorbinDallas ()
Date: January 18, 2012 10:36AM

Under these circumstances, if you are not a U.S. citizen and here on a green card, what should the outcome be considering it was a first offense for possession... very small amount of weed.

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: January 18, 2012 11:01AM

will be dropped with no priors. Ash isnt weight. The piece is the only issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2012 11:01AM by Stinkfist.

Posted by: smoke weed ()
Date: February 02, 2012 05:08PM

i got to take a drug test in nj this mouth and im trying to get it expunged and i got a date to go for a drug test can u guys tell me what will happen next after the drug test will it all be over and can smoke again b.c im going fucking crazy not smoking and its only be 2 days

Date: February 02, 2012 08:26PM

smoke weed Wrote:
> i got to take a drug test in nj this mouth and im
> trying to get it expunged and i got a date to go
> for a drug test can u guys tell me what will
> happen next after the drug test will it all be
> over and can smoke again b.c im going fucking
> crazy not smoking and its only be 2 days

You'll be required to take a 3rd grade grammar test, which you'll definitely fail. Good luck with life.

Posted by: busted2 ()
Date: February 03, 2012 12:00AM

I would have told the cop "if it is probably going to be expunged from my record, don't charge me then,ass-hole"

Posted by: Good Idea ()
Date: February 03, 2012 12:25AM

busted2 Wrote:
> I would have told the cop "if it is probably going
> to be expunged from my record, don't charge me
> then,ass-hole"

Sounds like an excellent strategy. I hope you apply it to all your future interactions with LEOs.

Date: February 03, 2012 05:20PM

Do you know what i will have to do?? After the drug test or is it just the drug test and its done and Alpha Male go fuck yourself hater!
thanks for a fast response guys

Date: February 03, 2012 05:21PM

and i did not know i could get it expunged in till went to court

Posted by: Evan ()
Date: February 05, 2012 08:27PM

Recently I was caught with a gram of weed on me and arrested. I am 18 years old with no prior arrest. Im really paranoid about what is going to happen to me. can someone help me out with the consiquences?

Posted by: Ding an sich ()
Date: February 05, 2012 08:30PM

It's always the same response with these people: 'Get a lawyer.'
Don't listen to them. Most people here haven't a clue what they're talking about, or just have too much money to throw away on legal fees.
Rarely are lawyers necessary for so minor an infraction. Did they even search you legally? It might not even go anywhere.

Posted by: Kenny 103 ()
Date: February 16, 2012 01:15PM

i recently was pulled over by a border partol and he asked me if i had marijuana in the car i said yes he got it and the cops showed up cuffed me and gave me a citation what should i be expecting im 18 years old and its in arizona it was 1 gram of reggie and a grinder and pipe.

Date: February 16, 2012 10:04PM

Kenny 103 Wrote:
> i recently was pulled over by a border partol and
> he asked me if i had marijuana in the car i said
> yes he got it and the cops showed up cuffed me and
> gave me a citation what should i be expecting im
> 18 years old and its in arizona it was 1 gram of
> reggie and a grinder and pipe.

You have nothing to worry about. Since you are obviously severely mentally retarded, you are unfit for trial. Congratulations.

Posted by: Wow dude ()
Date: February 21, 2012 10:42AM

I'm 16 years old. I was caught two days ago with 2 resinous pipes and not even half a bowl of shake. It was probably .1 grams of weed in total. Neither of the mentioned things were on me, I had hid them and the cops found them. I'm pretty sure someone saw me hide this stuff and narked on me. What can I expect to happen? Will I be prosecuted or what? Was it enough weed for anything to happen?

Posted by: lolzzz ()
Date: February 21, 2012 12:41PM

Your fine

Posted by: quantum ()
Date: February 22, 2012 04:05AM

under 18, and its not a marijuana needle. you'll be fine.

Posted by: Ding an sich ()
Date: February 22, 2012 04:56AM

Did you admit to anything?

Posted by: elder ()
Date: February 27, 2012 04:09PM

My 19 year old son and one of his friends decided to pull over on the said of a road at 12.am Sunday and smiked weed cop came and cough hem with a litter amount.he said that cop was nice he even told hem what to wear for court.he even told hem that he smokes too.LOL.first offence. He was not driving.you think that he will get his licence suspended. Lawyer charge $1500. That we don't have. Please advise. He works 7 days a week. And go to school.thank you guys.

Posted by: Hunter ()
Date: February 27, 2012 06:45PM

Call Ken Fitzgerald 571.291.3575. We hired him when our son was caught with marijuana. He is reasonable and will explain everything for you.

Posted by: brad7 ()
Date: April 02, 2012 05:57PM

you're actually screwed, this state fucking sucks. I got charged with possession, was told by my lawyer i wouldn't have a record, however on my record it says first i pled guilty then it was dismissed, essentially this means ABSOLUTELY nothing at all, fuck virginia and it's godamn redneck lawmakers

Posted by: Nogoats ()
Date: April 02, 2012 06:31PM

i think it's a misdemeanor and there is a fine...I was a passenger, and drunk off of my gourd, but the driver and other passengers were all high. Pretty funny. I said I was shitfaced and didn't get charged with anything.

Nothing against getting high, just wasn't my thing at that time.

Posted by: Experience ()
Date: April 05, 2012 01:47AM

Get Liam McGlone!!

Posted by: MK ()
Date: April 05, 2012 02:58AM

i was arrested in may of 2011 (no cuffs, just read my rights and given a ticket for an august court date) for the same thing. the judge gave me a continuance until october of 2011 and i was charged with misdemeanor possession and given a $100 court fine and a 6-month suspended license.

imo you COULD get a lawyer but if you were charged with possession of paraphernalia there's really not much you can do. i would just go in and plead guilty. they'll try to offer you the 251 disposition because this is your first offense but the whole thing is a joke... license suspended for a year + asap classes + community service and on top of all that you end up paying upwards of $1000 for everything. you'll most likely get slapped with a $100-200 fine plus court fees and have your license suspended for 6 months.

i know it's shitty but it's over before you know it. i hope it goes well!

Posted by: Cheryl ()
Date: June 12, 2012 07:22PM

I am fifteen years old. I live in New Jersey. I purchased Marijuana in school and I got caught and arrested. I go to court next week and I am really scared. This is my first offense. I am guilty of possession. Only 2grams. What will happen? Will I go to Juvi? Will i need to pay a fine. Will they let me go? Will I need to do community service? Please answer this as soon as possible thankyou:)

Posted by: Been There ()
Date: June 12, 2012 10:54PM

Cheryl Wrote:
> I am fifteen years old. I live in New Jersey. I
> purchased Marijuana in school and I got caught and
> arrested. I go to court next week and I am really
> scared. This is my first offense. I am guilty of
> possession. Only 2grams. What will happen? Will I
> go to Juvi? Will i need to pay a fine. Will they
> let me go? Will I need to do community service?
> Please answer this as soon as possible thankyou:)

Oh man, you are SO screwed. Buh-bye school, hellooo federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison!

Seriously though, it's a first offense, you're not going to jail. You're gonna be kicked out of your school, but legally nothing is gonna happen to you except for maybe, worst case scenario, communtiy service plus a small fine.

Oh, unless you're black, then you're going to jail.

Posted by: ashleg ()
Date: June 24, 2012 01:53AM

hey, i was caught with .5 grans of weed ay scho abd am trippin hard about court. any way can avoid a conviction because i plan on joining the military aftr high school.

Posted by: jizz ()
Date: June 27, 2012 12:28PM

i got chought with 4 bags of weed out side of my school . . i dident have any in school thoe . . the police that works at my school charged me with Possession . and im 19 . . i already have a public defender . . . what should i expect at court ? and im in maryland

Posted by: to all of you: ()
Date: June 27, 2012 02:36PM

for VA:

http://norml.org/laws/item/virginia-penalties-2?category_id=892

or find your state in the box to the right in the dropdown where it says choose a different state and click on "laws".

You're welcome.

Posted by: josh1995 ()
Date: July 15, 2012 12:01AM

Can you get in more trouble for having chronic then reggie?

Posted by: Ito ()
Date: July 15, 2012 12:13AM

then or than? The answer to your question depends on that.

Date: July 15, 2012 04:08AM

Your a faggot.

Date: July 15, 2012 09:59AM

"Your" or "You're", again, there is a difference. What you wrote means that you're my bitch.

Posted by: flight risk ()
Date: July 15, 2012 10:31AM

josh1995 Wrote:
> Can you get in more trouble for having chronic
> then reggie?

It doesn't matter what strain/grade of marijuana it is, as long as it has THC in it, it's a crime.

I will repeat the above poster's link as it is correct:

http://norml.org/laws/item/virginia-penalties-2?category_id=892

To the people with simple possession- it will be the 641 charge- community service, license suspended 6 months, if you were in college you won't be now! No more student aid for you! You will bounce back, but it will be difficult.

To the person who was on school grounds in MD (http://norml.org/laws/item/maryland-penalties-2?category_id=864)

- you're fucked even harder. Within 1000 yards of school property is a MANDATORY 2-5 year FELONY JAIL SENTENCE

To anyone caught with drugs- good luck finding a job or an apartment with a fresh drug charge! A LOT of the places out here will NOT take people with drug charges- not to mention the employment market is so tight, of course they will take the kid with no record vs. the kid with a fresh drug charge on his.

Good luck with that, those that have been caught!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 10:34AM by flight risk.

Date: July 15, 2012 04:52PM

I know that. I'm wondering if dank has a harsher penalty than reggie. Because the street value for dank is higher wouldn't the penalty be worse?

Date: July 15, 2012 04:54PM

Its not english class asshole.

Date: July 15, 2012 05:07PM

josh1995 Wrote:
> Its not english class asshole.

It is when you can't even write a simple sentence. If I were you, I would be worried more about your ability to form a complete thought than whether dank has a harsher penalty than reggie.

Your English comprehension in reading is seriously lacking as well because flight risk explained everything to you in the preceding post. Marijuana is marijuana in the eyes of the police, it doesn't matter what strain. If anything, what matters is where you are caught with it (near a school, for instance) or what quantity (possession vs. dealing).

My advice: stop smoking weed and make something of your life. You obviously already pissed away your opportunity at getting a free education from public school, now you should spend what little money you have to learn something useful so you aren't either sponging off the government or living in prison.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: July 15, 2012 05:26PM

I usually can agree with Ito, while he gives good advice most of the time, sometimes he doesn't give feasible advice.

Josh- you're already on a path tread often and by many. Stick with it man. Do drugs, get on welfare as soon as you can. Work at McDonalds or a gas station. Or go to jail and spend your life there.

I think my suggestion is more suited to you, Josh.

I'd say good luck, but it's not hard to do. I believe in you.

Date: July 15, 2012 05:38PM

All I was doing was aking a question. I didn't need to be lectured by a bunch of dicks that sit on the computer that talk shit. None of you know me at all. You guys live in fucking virginia, your a bunch of dumbass rednecks that graduated your easy ass high school. Congratulations, you guys are fucking genius. And I'm on my phone so its a tad har.der writing on this than a computer

Posted by: Dominique ()
Date: December 22, 2012 02:29PM

Okay , so I gave marijuana away at school to my friend. The school made me do 40 hours of community service which is already completed. But I wasn't caught with any weed on me and they're taking me to court for possession of marijuana by a minor. What will happen?

Posted by: smug ()
Date: December 22, 2012 02:33PM

Dominique Wrote:
> Okay , so I gave marijuana away at school to my
> friend. The school made me do 40 hours of
> community service which is already completed. But
> I wasn't caught with any weed on me and they're
> taking me to court for possession of marijuana by
> a minor. What will happen?

be thankful they aren't charging you with distribution

Posted by: Guilty! ()
Date: December 22, 2012 05:14PM

Dominique Wrote:
> Okay , so I gave marijuana away at school to my
> friend. The school made me do 40 hours of
> community service which is already completed. But
> I wasn't caught with any weed on me and they're
> taking me to court for possession of marijuana by
> a minor. What will happen?

Advice: You're going to do time. Don't drop the soap in the shower
and act as though you like it when tossin' the salad.

Posted by: you idiot ()
Date: December 24, 2012 10:48AM

sounds like your friend ratted you out. snitches get stitches. fyi, doesnt matter if you have it on you or not. knowledge of someone having it, makes you just as guilty. for example. you are in a vehicle that is pulled over. cops get weed off someone in the vehicle or find it in the car. if you knew about it, you can be charged. good luck in court. your screwed, and going to juvy jail.

Posted by: Overwhelmed ()
Date: March 11, 2013 05:32AM

Anyone knows what happens to you in Maryland, if first time criminal citation for drug paraphernalia, small pipe with traces left in console. was driving rental car. was issued a speeding ticket also. I will get a lawyer but can anyone enlighten about the fallout to be anticipated in my miserable life. thanks in advance

Posted by: gadg ()
Date: March 11, 2013 06:57AM

expunged is different from dismissed, expunged means as if it never happened

Posted by: PdNGP ()
Date: March 11, 2013 07:23AM

For the OP, many lawyers offer free initial consultations. At least talk to a lawyer before you decide whether or not to hire one. A lawyer might find grounds to throw out the search or even the initial stop (you didn't even get a ticket for that, right?), or get the penalty reduced. Even if the standard penalty is only a six-month license suspension, that could be a big dent in your daily life, and if you screw up even one time you might end up with a criminal record that you will have to explain forever.

Posted by: Back to the future ()
Date: March 11, 2013 09:22AM

PdNGP Wrote:
> For the OP, many lawyers offer free initial
> consultations. At least talk to a lawyer before
> you decide whether or not to hire one. A lawyer
> might find grounds to throw out the search or even
> the initial stop (you didn't even get a ticket for
> that, right?), or get the penalty reduced. Even if
> the standard penalty is only a six-month license
> suspension, that could be a big dent in your daily
> life, and if you screw up even one time you might
> end up with a criminal record that you will have
> to explain forever.

Dude, your advice is three and a half years too late. Try to stay a bit more current. You might be interested to know that Obama was re-elected President.

Posted by: Wendy Moon ()
Date: March 13, 2013 09:19AM

Hey man, weed does not kill brain cells :] If you're a Virginia fella and you got to go through DARE like most of us Virginians, you'll be interested to hear that the program is actually no longer federally funded, because it had been teaching and preaching information about marijuana that wasn't accurate. Virginia officials chose to continuing funding DARE with state taxpayer money, despite the debunking of the studies that DARE had been relying upon to wage their war... Propaganda, man. The biggest lie of all is that smoking marijuana kills brain cells. They will preach that all day in DARE. But really, the study that said that was conducted fundamentally incorrectly...

When they tested poor little rabbits and things for this experiment, they pumped a chamber completely full of smoke and allowed their test subjects to breathe only *that* for a certain amount of time. So, when they finished the experiment and saw that there were dead brain cells, it was not as a result of smoking weed. It was as a result of oxygen deprivation. This is the bass-ackwards scientific study that our state chooses to believe in order to scare the kids sober.

I'm sure most of you Virginia Tokers on this forum will agree with me when I say that we live in one of the most beautiful places in the country, but we get to pay for it in conservative policies like this. There's an irony in the fact that weed was a huge part of my spiritual development growing up, but so were my Blue Ridge Mountains... If I wanted to smoke ganja legally, I'd have to leave my beautiful Virginia for a while, but she's one of the two lovers that will always call me back for the rest of my life: Mary J and Virginia... ;D

Whew. Somebody make that a bluegrass song. Anyway, that little tangent aside, I would hazard a guess that this fella would have been lacking in literacy whether he met Mary or not ;]

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.