HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12
Re: Ghosts/hauntings in around Fairfax County
Posted by: Veronica ()
Date: July 23, 2013 07:10AM

I've heard of a ghost story on Elbow Rd. There was a girl who was murdered on that road and
her house is on the same road. When I was younger.. Me and three friends went into the house
to check it out.

I just went inside for a second and then I had to leave. I went to my car and locked the door
and one of my friends came with me. My other two friends stayed inside and all of a sudden one
of them ran out and had blood all over his hands.Once that happen me and all my friends bolted
out of there and left and went home. I was freaked out about the whole situation after that. I
haven't been down Elbow Road in a long time after that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: colza ()
Date: July 23, 2013 07:12AM

I was briefly married to a man who did not snore. But when I would get up in the morning to shower before work, I would hear loud snoring coming from my room through the shared wall between my bedroom and the bathroom. Then I would exit the bathroom and the snoring would stop. Back in the bathroom, I heard the snoring again. My ex was quietly asleep the whole time, never ever snoring.

I had a boyfriend in high school who had definite hauntings in his home. The dog would bark at the wall near the floor in the living room with its hair standing on end and we never saw anything...but sure heard some crazy scuffling/scratching noises that moved around quickly. There was a cold spot in one of the bedrooms that we could put our hands through. It was always there, summer and winter. I was scared to death in that room. It faced east and never would the daylight get in there, not even at sunrise, it was always dark. Then there was a closet in the living room that I couldn't stand, it gave me the willies every time I had to be near it or open the door. I felt that something evil was in there. I think whatever the dog was barking at was usually in that closet and it came out once in a while. I often felt that something was watching me no matter what room I was in, and I was sure it didn't like me.

I saw the tall dark ghost with the top hat that so many of you have described. I was about 12 or 13 and in my bathroom at dad's house fixing my hair in the mirror. I saw the man's reflection in that mirror floating down the hall toward my bedroom. I looked out of the bathroom toward my room and a bright glow was eminating out of the doorway as he disappeared into it. Right away I told dad and he told me to never mention this to anybody because he didn't want anyone to think I was crazy. And of course he said he didn't believe it anyway. I've never mentioned it to him since but I know good and well what I saw. And I wasn't scared of it at all.

I've had the conscious paralysis episodes too that have been described in many posts. I can hear myself breathing but I can't control it, cannot move or speak. During one of these episodes I saw an image of a distinguished older well groomed man with silvery hair and beard, telling me what sounded like "You have not learned!" Somehow I wasn't scared by this and quickly came out of it. I was in my very early 20's at the time and I don't know what exactly what he meant. Who was he? G-d maybe, or a guardian angel? What haven't I learned yet that I need to? Not sure, but I keep searching and learning throughout my life. I keep hoping he will send me another message someday.

I have seen ghosts of animals. I told someone once that I saw a small dog in their home peeking at me and then going into a certain bedroom. This brought great comfort to them because they had to put their beloved pet down when he became severely ill and they had felt guilt about it for years. They told me the dog loved to go into the room I saw him going to and he would sleep under the bed every night.

Recently I saw what looked like a siamese cat looking at me in my house. The previous owners had two older siamese cats that they took with them out of state when they moved. I'm wondering if one of them passed around the time I saw the ghost but I'll probably never know.

I hear lots of strange noises in my current home. It sounds like someone is walking around upstairs when I'm on the ground floor. We don't hear those same noises when we are upstairs.

Several times I've had sensations of someone running their fingers through my hair. Once at a hospital during my student nurse clinicals and another time when I was visiting a relative in a very old house. Strangely I was not afraid.

I've heard my name whispered in my ears on numerous occasions but could never pinpoint it to anything or anyone in particular.

Right after my beloved grandfather passed away I had a very vivid dream that he telephoned me. He said he wasn't sure what was going on asked me what had happened to him. I said "Grandpa, you just died two days ago!" He replied with perfect voice and intonation, "Oh my heavens!" I immediately had the sense of mind to ask him where he was, and he said he wasn't sure. I asked him what he could see, and he wasn't sure. I asked him what he could hear, and again he wasn't sure. Then he asked me in a scared tone if he could come over to my house, and I said, "Sure grandpa, I'm going to the front door right now to see if I can find you!" I opened the door, and could clearly see the neighborhood as if I was actually looking around at it. I called out for grandpa and then I woke up, and began sobbing inconsolably. It was absolutely the most vivid dream I'd ever had, and his voice and inflections were exactly as they were in real life. I felt like I had actually had a conversation with him. I've tried to tell a few people I trust and they just said that it must be because I feel so sad about losing him. I firmly believe he and I had a real conversation in our own way. He died in 2003 and I still miss him terribly. I wish I could have another one of those dreams where he and I can talk again so I can try to find out how he is doing, and if he is with my grandma who died about 5 years before that.

There are more experiences that I will share another time.

Posted by: JeannieG ()
Date: July 23, 2013 07:40AM

I have to add my personal experience to this list of great stories. In 1996, my Dad was in North Shore Hospital on Long Island awaiting transfer to Hospice in Glen Cove. He had lung cancer that metastasized to the brain and had developed numerous tumors that were inoperable. After having signed the DNR, we knew it was just a matter of time. He was still conscious and had no idea that the end was so near but was beginning to experience hallucinations. I was sitting at the end of his hallway in front of a window just a few doors from his room, and I saw a figure walk into his room. So I jumped up to see who it was, and ran into the room. I startled my Dad and asked him where the doctor went, and he looked at me like I'd lost my mind.
That same night, my sister came running to me because she had seen a dark figure in the hallway by his room that disappeared also. Needless to say, we were very creeped out. Dad passed a couple of days later.

On a professional note, I have experienced this a few times and I saw it also when my father-in-law passed. I have had patients who were unconscious and unresponsive (my father-in-law included) who seem to come out of it and stare as if they're seeing and recognizing something at the foot of their bed. I always like to think that they're recognizing someone who's come to take them to the other side.

Has anyone else seen this?

Posted by: Crystal ()
Date: July 23, 2013 07:52AM

Veronica Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've heard of a ghost story on Elbow Rd. There was
> a girl who was murdered on that road and
> her house is on the same road. When I was
> younger.. Me and three friends went into the
> house
> to check it out.
>
> I just went inside for a second and then I had to
> leave. I went to my car and locked the door
> and one of my friends came with me. My other two
> friends stayed inside and all of a sudden one
> of them ran out and had blood all over his
> hands.Once that happen me and all my friends
> bolted
> out of there and left and went home. I was freaked
> out about the whole situation after that. I
> haven't been down Elbow Road in a long time after
> that.

When I was in high school (Salem) a girl a year older than me was murdered and found in a ditch on that road.
I was not allowed down that road through my teen years - still do not like it. Her name was Charity, I will
never forget.

Posted by: carolmaccas66 ()
Date: July 23, 2013 07:52AM

JeannieG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have to add my personal experience to this list
> of great stories. In 1996, my Dad was in North
> Shore Hospital on Long Island awaiting transfer to
> Hospice in Glen Cove. He had lung cancer that
> metastasized to the brain and had developed
> numerous tumors that were inoperable. After having
> signed the DNR, we knew it was just a matter of
> time. He was still conscious and had no idea that
> the end was so near but was beginning to
> experience hallucinations. I was sitting at the
> end of his hallway in front of a window just a few
> doors from his room, and I saw a figure walk into
> his room. So I jumped up to see who it was, and
> ran into the room. I startled my Dad and asked him
> where the doctor went, and he looked at me like
> I'd lost my mind.
> That same night, my sister came running to me
> because she had seen a dark figure in the hallway
> by his room that disappeared also. Needless to
> say, we were very creeped out. Dad passed a couple
> of days later.
>
> On a professional note, I have experienced this a
> few times and I saw it also when my father-in-law
> passed. I have had patients who were unconscious
> and unresponsive (my father-in-law included) who
> seem to come out of it and stare as if they're
> seeing and recognizing something at the foot of
> their bed. I always like to think that they're
> recognizing someone who's come to take them to the
> other side.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?

My Mum used to wake up quite often and see a dark figure at the side of the bed. It completely disappeared after a while, but she used to see it for quite a number of years. She asked my Dad once if he could see it, and he said nothing was ever there. As far as I know no-one died when she saw it, but she was very depressed at the time. Maybe this dark figure hones in on dying or depressed people?

Posted by: GHGoonette ()
Date: July 23, 2013 08:22AM

i once had a beautiful German Shepherd dog called Cassie. She became very ill and died in 1990. In her lifetime, she was an "escape artist", and her favorite trick was popping the latches of the lower windows and climbing out.

For years afterwards, sometimes at night I would hear the sound of the window in the next bedroom opening and banging closed again. I would check up on the kids, asking whether either of them had opened it, to be told no, they weren't even in the room. Needless to say, the window would still be closed and latched....

I haven't heard this for a long time now, but I like to think that if it was Cassie's spirit letting me know she was still hanging around, and if she has moved on now, that when I move on myself, I will find her waiting for me.

Posted by: Ruritan road sterling va ()
Date: July 23, 2013 08:36AM

The occurrence took place in Sterling, VA, Ruritan road. The old spot where you go play bingo and get some good ol' country food. Mmm.
I lived right by it, 10 ft away. One night a summer night I was out letting out some steam, I remember clearly that I was Indian position
on the floor and I was on a dirt one way road. Very isolated area. When I saw a black slave woman with dirty old clothes on messed up hair
and shackles. She was just walking away down the road. Out of nowhere. Like I just felt a overwhelming sadness and laid back and cried.
The second I closed my eyes she was gone and a big cold air blew and I just stood there stuck. Shocked. I couldn't believe she was like
right there for a good 45 seconds. In her 20s. I've worked in the Ruritan and I've heard strange noises and my daughter running to me a
few times. It was crazy. Has anybody else seen her?

Louisiana -- The Morgan City Monster
Posted by: Watch out y'all! ()
Date: July 23, 2013 08:59AM

In December of 2010, a nature photographer checked on a trail camera he'd set up to film wild animals in a reserve in Morgan City, Louisiana. The camera was smashed, but its SIM card survived. When the photographer uploaded the camera's final images he was shocked at what he found. Instead of a wild animal, his camera caught the image of a ghostly, near-transparent humanoid figure. The anonymous photographer let a local news station run the footage, but no one could explain the humanoid.
Attachments:
louisiana.jpg

Maryland -- The Beltsville Goatman
Posted by: Beltsville Goatman ()
Date: July 23, 2013 09:02AM

In 2000, construction workers near Bowie, Maryland, came face to face with a 300-poound, seven-foot-tall furry creature. The workers said the beast had the legs, hooves, and horns of a goat but the upper-body of a man. It may have been The Goatman, a monster that had been bedeviling nearby Beltsville for years, often attacking cars with an axe. Rumor has it the beast was once a scientist who was conducting an experiment on goats when things went horribly, horribly wrong.
Attachments:
maryland-29.jpg

Re: Maryland -- The Beltsville Goatman
Posted by: MissSpectacular ()
Date: July 23, 2013 09:11AM

i have become a believer in the supernatural since starting nursing.

First bad experience with a malevolent spirit is while I was working as a PCT at a ventilator hospital. We had one room on the C wing that was reputed as haunted. I was working a night shift one night and the call light to the room was going off nonstop. Every time I went into the room, the patient (a younger woman on a vent) was beet red, teary-eyed and pointing frantically around the room. She wrote out on her communication board there was a black animal in her room. I checked quite a few times and found nothing. About 3 am she pulls the light again. I went into the room and she's pointing frantically at the bathroom. I opened the bathroom door and I SWEAR TO GOD.....

....a large black CREATURE scuttled past me, with gutteral noises, and slipped beneath the bed. I panicked and turned on all the lights and looked under the bed. Nothing was there. I was terrified. I left all the lights on and left the room. I started to tell the RN what had happened and she cut me off. ''You saw the little black animal in 22, huh?"

Second one was at the LTC center I work at now. Bed 2 of that room is a death sentence. Nurses have reported being bumped, pushed, had cups knocked out of their hand. One male nurse reported the TV stand moved of it's own accord and slammed into him while he attempted to care for the patient in bed 2. Another CNA sustained a cut on the back of her leg when a wheelchair smacked into her on it's own. I was told by a patient shortly before she died "Do you see him? He's behind you. He's going to kill me, and then he's coming for her. He says so." I get the vibe that something in that room does not want the patients in the second bed cared for.

Re: Maryland -- The Beltsville Goatman
Posted by: HollyHobby ()
Date: July 23, 2013 09:34AM

M