HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
FCPS War on Fairfax County: JEB Stuart HS Name Change
Posted by: Sandy Evans and Ryan McElveen ()
Date: February 12, 2016 07:15PM

We are opening a new front on our war with Fairfax County residents, this time to try to obliterate our proud Confederate history.

Over the past several months, a few of Stuart community members, including some current Stuart students, have asked the School Board to consider renaming JEB Stuart High School so that it would not be named for a Confederate general. The School Board has the authority to rename schools for a compelling reason, and FCPS recently put a process into place for the consideration of a school name change.

We intend to change the name quickly, but must go through a faux community engagement process first.

The process begins with one magisterial district School Board member and one at-large School Board member bringing the issue to a School Board Forum and asking the Superintendent to begin community engagement on the question of whether there is sufficient support for such a change. When we determine there is, the next step will be determining the school board's preferences for a new name.

As the magisterial Board Member, I have created a Forum Topic, with the support of At-Large School Board Member Ryan McElveen, to begin community engagement in the Stuart High School community, and I expect our forum topic will be considered at the Board’s February 18, 2016, Forum.

A Forum is a public meeting at which School Board members can raise an issue and, with consensus of the Board, move the issue forward. The public is welcome to attend and observe, BUT DOES NOT PARTICIPATE. The February 18 Forum will center around initiating faux public engagement on the name change, not on the pros and cons of a name change itself. The result is not in doubt.

The Forum is scheduled to begin at 6 pm on February 18 in Room 305 at Luther Jackson Middle School; the name change topic is second on the agenda.

I’m happy to hear your thoughts on this or any other subject, but understand that our decision to change the name of JEB Stuart HS has already been made. Please contact me, School Board Member Sandy Evans, at ssevans@fcps.edu.

Sandy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS War on Fairfax County: JEB Stuart HS Name Change
Posted by: locoweed ()
Date: February 12, 2016 07:56PM

Change the name of Luther Jackson Middle school while you are at it. I'm offended. He was a Negro bastard child of Stonewall Jackson.

Posted by: Dim Bulb ()
Date: February 12, 2016 08:36PM

I would like to have Edison HS changed because my electric bill is too high.

Posted by: Empires of Light ()
Date: February 12, 2016 09:09PM

Dim Bulb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like to have Edison HS changed because my
> electric bill is too high.

It should be Tesla HS, as Tesla invented the AC system we use now; it displaced Edison's DC system.

Would not surprise me if neither Evans nor McElveen knew that thought. Next, they'll want to rename something after Joseph Smith, the famous translator of ancient Egyptian!

Posted by: Raiderz ()
Date: February 12, 2016 10:03PM

Consider the cost of re-branding a high school in this day and age..... This is the county spending more money that could be utilized more efficiently. This will not be cheap.

Also, don't change it to Thurgood Marshall (like many have suggested) because there is already a Marshall right down the road. I shouldn't have to explain why this is a bad idea....

Posted by: TheRaideeeezzzzzz ()
Date: February 12, 2016 10:19PM

If they change the name can it become "Chris Berman" high and the name of the team be pronounced the Raideeeeezzzzzzzzz?

Keep the damn name you PC idiots! Who cares and get a life/real cause to adopt like fighing cancer or something. Serious- LEE.

Posted by: Really555? ()
Date: February 12, 2016 10:30PM

As has been said many times before, you can't change history. You should be ashamed of yourselves practicing this reverse discrimination. While you're at it, how about getting rid of anything with George Washington's name linked to it? You are a laughable group. Spending the county's money on this when the schools are in such sad shape? Shameful.

Posted by: JEB Bushed ()
Date: February 12, 2016 11:47PM

JEB Stuart helped put down John Brown's unlawful insurrection at Harper's Ferry. We should celebrate his contributions to our democracy.

Posted by: canaryofsurleymcnasty ()
Date: February 13, 2016 01:27AM

Brethren and sistern, we gather here today with solemn purpose to propose a new name for a government indoctrination mill for our upcoming (no sexual reference intended, Cletis) yute.

I propose we honor our fine upstanding progressive citizens by renaming JEB Stuart High School after that long-heralded benefactor of humanity, Karl Marx.

Now there's a moniker every liberal-minded citizen will swell with pride upon hearing.

Every newly arrived fresh person could be issued a bright Red 1917-style Hammer and Sickle flaglet as a remembrance of their school's namesake.

Any of you dissenters who don't like my proposal are ignorant, mean-spirited, hateful bigots.

You're probably capitalists, Evangelical Christians, carnivores, RWNJs, NRA members, and your spouse is fat.

Posted by: General Forrest ()
Date: February 13, 2016 08:46AM

Re-name the school N.B. Forrest. He was known for his tactical skills in war and was also a great community organizer.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: February 13, 2016 09:17AM

Wave your flag. Public education.
Attachments:
russian studies.png

Posted by: The Facts of Life ()
Date: February 13, 2016 10:43AM

History gets to be written by those who win. So quit the crying and start winning, loser.

Date: February 13, 2016 12:15PM

J. E. B. Stuart

James Ewell Brown Stuart, known to friends and fellow servicemen as Jeb, came from an acclaimed military lineage. His great grandfather, Major Alexander Stuart, commanded a regiment in the Revolutionary War, and his father Archibald Stuart fought in the War of 1812 before serving as a Commonwealth and U.S. Representative. He attended Emory and Henry College and then West Point, where he graduated 13th of 46 in 1854. West Point was also where he first met and befriended Robert E. Lee.

In his U.S. service, Stuart was involved in several Indian conflicts, the “Bleeding Kansas” incident at the Kansas-Missouri border, and was sent by Lee to crush John Brown’s raid at Harpers Ferry.

Stuart resigned from the United States army in May of 1861 to join the Confederacy following Virginia’s secession, despite his father in law choosing to remain in the US Army for the engagement. He was assigned to report to Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson, who promoted him to Colonel early on and assigned him to command cavalry units of the Army of the Shenandoah. He led his regiment in the First Battle of Bull Run, where the Union Army’s early success was undone in part because of Stuart’s routing, forcing their retreat back to Washington DC. Soon thereafter, he began commanding all the cavalry brigades for the Army of Northern Virginia in March of 1862.

https://www.loc.gov/resource/g3851s.cw0674000
Attachments:
dc 1862 map.png

Posted by: Stuart grad ()
Date: February 14, 2016 08:07PM

Ok so as a grad of JEB Stuart I demand that they also change every school and library that has Thomas Jeffersons name. After all he was a slave owner. They should also close Monticello as it was built by slaves.

Learn from history don't live based on it.

Date: February 19, 2016 04:06PM

The State of Virginia was named after Queen Elizabeth who allowed her ships to carry slaves. Should we change the state's name while we're at it?

Posted by: Fuck you, Oborona ()
Date: February 19, 2016 06:20PM

Wm6JM

Posted by: TOO BAD FOR THOSE FEW ()
Date: February 19, 2016 08:54PM

> a few of Stuart community members, including some current Stuart students, have asked the School Board to consider renaming JEB Stuart High School

GO TO HELL, You better be prepared to put it up as a referendum vote. If the people say OK by a majority then do it.

Posted by: What A Stupid Shit! ()
Date: February 19, 2016 08:57PM

>History gets to be written by those who win. So quit the crying and start winning, loser

You keep spouting that stupid shit.. You forget the WINNERS NAMED THE SCHOOL ASSHOLE!

Who the fuck Fought WW1 WW2 Korea Vietnam.... Only the North..??

Posted by: SOLs ()
Date: February 20, 2016 08:33AM

Any mention of J.E.B. Stuart in the Virginia Standards of Learning?

Posted by: Rgr ()
Date: February 20, 2016 09:03AM

Rename it Edward Snowden High School. He was a traitor too.

Posted by: By the book... ()
Date: February 20, 2016 09:33AM

Sandy Evans and Ryan McElveen Wrote:
> We are opening a new front on our war with Fairfax
> County residents, this time to try to obliterate
> our proud Confederate history.

Actual Confederate history is one of disgrace, failure, and well-deserved defeat and humiliation. There is yet work to be done in this area however.

Posted by: PLUdh ()
Date: February 20, 2016 09:55AM

Maybe the popo should change their uniforms. They look like Confederates with their blue and grey!

Posted by: uTnXU ()
Date: February 20, 2016 10:37AM

The Facts of Life Wrote:
> History gets to be written by those who win. So
> quit the crying and start winning, loser.

We are trying but self-hating white liberal weenies continue to sell us out.

Posted by: Hahahaha! ()
Date: February 20, 2016 11:01AM

Always somebody else's fault.

Posted by: why do the dhimmi rage? ()
Date: February 21, 2016 02:26AM

Slavery has been an intrinsic part of mainstream Islam ever since the tolerant polytheistic Meccans kicked Mohammed out in 620 CE. He fled to Medina, which was half Jewish. Within three years he had killed or enslaved all the Jews. By the time he died, he didn't have a living enemy in all of Arabia.

Sirat Rasul Allah, The Life of Mohammed, trans. by A. Guillaume, Oxford Univ Press,

Muslims have been inextricably involved in every facet of international slavery for 1400 years. Including enslaving conquered white Europeans. Islam occupied Spain for 700 years and parts of Eastern Europe for centuries. Greek Anatolia was Christian and largely Caucasian. Those they didn't kill, who didn't convert, became slaves.

And you thought it was those uniquely evil white Southerners who were responsible.

Sorry to roust you from your politically correct slumber.

http://www.politicalislam.com

Date: February 21, 2016 03:53AM

"self-hating white liberal weenies continue to sell us out.” Can I use that?

Posted by: Facts of the matter ()
Date: February 21, 2016 10:49AM

why do the dhimmi rage? Wrote:
> And you thought it was those uniquely evil white
> Southerners who were responsible.

Evil white southerners were responsible for establishing and perpetuating the evil of slavery in the American south. The colonies of course had once been the world's largest exporter of slaves, selling large numbers of captured Native Americans into slavery and certain death on the Caribbean sugar plantations. Here in the homeland, we ourselves began with white slavery. But as supplies of whites began to run low, we had the British and Dutch traders haul in all those millions of Africans. Don't try to run away from your sins, vermin. Confessing them is the only way to move forward.

Posted by: Facts of the matter ()
Date: February 21, 2016 10:52AM

causeican Wrote:
> "self-hating white liberal weenies continue to
> sell us out.” Can I use that?

Good for wrapping fish. So a step down from Charmin.

Posted by: numbinonono ()
Date: February 21, 2016 11:20AM

Might as well name it A. Hitler, he had a more supporters than the south during his reign.

Posted by: yumberry ()
Date: February 21, 2016 11:22AM

If the best thing you have to hold on to about your family tree is them being slave owners.....well then.... that is just sad....keep hope alive, that negros will be returned to bondage, the South rise again....yeeehaw

Posted by: Hahahaha! ()
Date: February 23, 2016 02:40PM

Hahahaha! Wrote:
> Always somebody else's fault.

Says the din do nuffin!

Posted by: 6hPpN ()
Date: February 23, 2016 02:43PM

I proposed we rename it JEB Stuart HS

Posted by: Is it in the budget? ()
Date: February 23, 2016 03:57PM

Is this in the budget? Or, heaven forbid, does this mean not as many meals at Sea Pearl?

Posted by: Tecumseh Sherman High School ()
Date: February 23, 2016 04:27PM

I vote for "Tecumseh Sherman High School" Now there is a winning Civil War general.

Posted by: of indian blood ()
Date: February 23, 2016 04:38PM

>I vote for "Tecumseh Sherman High School" Now there is a winning Civil War general.

I wonder how the redskins would react to this. Among his other gifts, he did bring us the trail of tears

Posted by: Mosby Post Office ()
Date: February 24, 2016 12:36PM

What will they rename the Mosby Post Office, Annandale Road, where we can't find your mail?

With all of the FCPS business they get it is a surprise that Sea Pearl has not opened up the Karen Garza noodle room or something like that.

Posted by: Sea Pearl ()
Date: February 24, 2016 01:49PM

Mosby Post Office Wrote:

>
> With all of the FCPS business they get it is a
> surprise that Sea Pearl has not opened up the
> Karen Garza noodle room or something like that.

Leave Sea Pearl out of this. Where else can you purchase a $13 grilled cheese sandwich?

Posted by: Sea Diamond ()
Date: February 24, 2016 02:35PM

Sea Pearl Wrote:
> Mosby Post Office Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > With all of the FCPS business they get it is a
> > surprise that Sea Pearl has not opened up the
> > Karen Garza noodle room or something like that.
>
> Leave Sea Pearl out of this. Where else can you
> purchase a $13 grilled cheese sandwich?

You are right! And hamburgers are $16. Wonder if FCPS employees get a frequent flyer discount.....

Posted by: Alternative ()
Date: February 24, 2016 02:43PM

Sea Diamond Wrote:
> Sea Pearl Wrote:
> -----
> > Mosby Post Office Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > > With all of the FCPS business they get it is
> a
> > > surprise that Sea Pearl has not opened up the
> > > Karen Garza noodle room or something like
> that.
> >
> > Leave Sea Pearl out of this. Where else can
> you
> > purchase a $13 grilled cheese sandwich?
>
> You are right! And hamburgers are $16. Wonder if
> FCPS employees get a frequent flyer discount.....

Spacebar, across from where the Burger King was in Falls Church, also has very good grilled cheese sandwiches. Could be a little low end for the likes of McElveen and Moon though as they clearly have a taste for the finer things in life.

Posted by: Well..... ()
Date: February 24, 2016 02:55PM

People always have a taste for the finer things of life when they are stealing county money and spending it on themselves instead of the kids.

Posted by: FOIA can bite ()
Date: March 31, 2017 10:03AM

Sandy Evans and Ryan McElveen Wrote:
"We intend to change the name quickly, but must go through a faux community engagement process first."

Dear Ryan,
Well that didn't work. The community and the students voted against the change, unfortunately the results are public. I guess we should have presented proof that it was done in spite, but we have nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Next up, I formed my Ad Hoc committee. They are working on it now. As I promised I would have people who have a vested interest in the outcome decide from the Stuart pyramid, students, parents, alum etc. And the committee will be balanced. It pretty much is all Stuart community people, well mostly, well some….ok a few. The rest are professional lobbyist from the NACCP. I'll be so glad when this is done…then we can move on the Lee and Woodson. TJ is a few years away.

I’m happy to hear your thoughts on this or any other subject, but understand that our decision to change the name of JEB Stuart HS has already been made. Please contact me, School Board Member Sandy Evans, at ssevans@fcps.edu.

Sandy
P.S. I am really sorry you had no snow day tweets this year, I know you love doing that, a valuable service to the community...how else would they know?

Posted by: Daily Laugh ()
Date: March 31, 2017 10:57AM

FOIA can bite Wrote:
> Sandy Evans and Ryan McElveen Wrote:
> -----
> "We intend to change the name quickly, but must
> go through a faux community engagement process
> first."
>
> Dear Ryan,
> Well that didn't work. The community and the
> students voted against the change, unfortunately
> the results are public. I guess we should have
> presented proof that it was done in spite, but we
> have nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
>
> Next up, I formed my Ad Hoc committee. They are
> working on it now. As I promised I would have
> people who have a vested interest in the outcome
> decide from the Stuart pyramid, students, parents,
> alum etc. And the committee will be balanced. It
> pretty much is all Stuart community people, well
> mostly, well some….ok a few. The rest are
> professional lobbyist from the NACCP. I'll be so
> glad when this is done…then we can move on the
> Lee and Woodson. TJ is a few years away.
>
> I’m happy to hear your thoughts on this or any
> other subject, but understand that our decision to
> change the name of JEB Stuart HS has already been
> made. Please contact me, School Board Member Sandy
> Evans, at ssevans@fcps.edu.
>
> Sandy
> P.S. I am really sorry you had no snow day
> tweets this year, I know you love doing that, a
> valuable service to the community...how else would
> they know?

That is fucking hilarious. Because it could so be true.

Date: March 31, 2017 02:29PM

FOIA can bite Wrote:
> Sandy Evans and Ryan McElveen Wrote:
> -----
> "We intend to change the name quickly, but must
> go through a faux community engagement process
> first."

Dear Sandy,
It's been a tough year, thanks for the compliment on my tweets; I just love that part of my job. So why does the community in the pyramid, students and alumni have any say, much less the taxpayers?

We didn't run for this job to have to hear a bunch of crap from the public…we know they are all racist, xenophobic, bigots, unenlightened, anti- gender bender, and some are even repub, republic…republican (sorry I always have a hard time with that) well, at least anyone who doesn't agree with us. I should know I run a think tank.

Ryan
PS. I'll be out for a bit, need to get a haircut, catch you later.

Posted by: truelies ()
Date: March 31, 2017 03:34PM

Dear Ryan,

I guess I didn't make myself clear but these emails are subject to FOIA so I have to at least make it seem like there is community input. You should know the drill by now. Listening sessions, public hearings... blah blah blah. All the government agencies do it. It's such a bunch of crap but it has to be done. It's a burden we must bear but I understand your disdain for the unwashed masses.

Sandy
P.S. Enjoy the haircut. I need to get myself some SLEEP.

Posted by: cXhU7 ()
Date: March 31, 2017 04:49PM

We need to get over that fact that our history is our history! Don't waste time and money on this issue - there is no stopping place if we want to change the name of every thing that is considered offensive.

Posted by: whiteprivalidge ()
Date: March 31, 2017 05:01PM

cXhU7 Wrote:
> We need to get over that fact that our history is
> our history! Don't waste time and money on this
> issue - there is no stopping place if we want to
> change the name of every thing that is considered
> offensive.

Dont' forget - it's not just about offense. It is also about winning, shoving it down people's throats and making a point. Because we can.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: March 31, 2017 05:54PM

Evans and McElveen must know now that every time something such as this surfaces the public perception of wasteful spending on the school board hardens and another 5 percent of the electorate become activists focused on change on the school board. If they want to do this during a time that school teachers are going without raises they should be raising money from alumni to pay for the changes. Their activist bullshit has gone much too far!! THESE TWO CLOWNS MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2017 05:55PM by Inquisitive One.

Date: March 31, 2017 07:50PM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
> Evans and McElveen must know now that every time
> something such as this surfaces the public
> perception of wasteful spending on the school
> board hardens and another 5 percent of the
> electorate become activists focused on change on
> the school board. If they want to do this during
> a time that school teachers are going without
> raises they should be raising money from alumni to
> pay for the changes. Their activist bullshit has
> gone much too far!! THESE TWO CLOWNS MUST
> GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree!

Posted by: JEB!! ()
Date: March 31, 2017 09:02PM

Attachments:
2vwvdjk.jpg

Posted by: JACK OFF IN A BOX ()
Date: March 31, 2017 09:15PM

Jeb Stuart had a fight squad back in the day. They got their ass beat by Old School Thomas Jefferson students. Falls Church guys banged all their hot chicks also.

Date: March 31, 2017 10:37PM

truelies Wrote:
> Dear Ryan,
>
> I guess I didn't make myself clear but these
> emails are subject to FOIA...
> Sandy

Dear Sandy,

Wow, I just looked up FOIA; it's an acronym. I was never sure what that meant on the school board emails…thought it was "for ya," as in "for ya" review. Man, got to get the tank on this pronto. It's not fair.

So, I rethought that haircut, just saved a bundle. I am really bright you know; I am Ryan.

After I trashed Robert E. Lee at their high school graduation speech, someone pointed out to me I went to UVA. You'll never believe what I found out next……Monticello was the home of Jefferson, and are you ready (?) wait for it…… he owned slaves, I was appalled. Had the tank double check that information, it is a fact, a fact! Had I any idea I would have just gone to NOVA like my parents thought I should. All that tuition paid to a racist school.

FOIA should be illegal…..is that our party view?

Ryan

Date: March 31, 2017 10:50PM

Dear Ryan,

Yes, I knew FOIA was an acronym, the bill passed during the Johnson administration.

Remember that school board meeting where Hynes told them outright at that meeting "we'll do what we want, when we want……" God, almost spit out my teeth, it was hard to hold the laugh in, and did you see their faces? I did give my "surprised" look.

I got some flack on that one the next day but gave them my line…."I don't know what was in her heart and mind…" you know the rest." That's my fall back when I talk about the 1958 school board, sounds nice, means nothing, and deflects the truth.

Speaking of, when you wrote…."I spent the better part of last summer researching the changes…. Superintendent W.T. Woodson proposed substitute names for those schools that were controversial even at the time: Robert E. Lee High School and JEB Stuart High School…" were you just lying or did someone else do that lousy piece of research?

Sandy

Posted by: please, please ()
Date: March 31, 2017 11:16PM

Please provide the date of the meeting at which Pat made this statement - I have to make a gif of that! Thanks

Date: April 01, 2017 02:46AM

Seriously, is this legitimate correspondence or a hoax?

Date: April 01, 2017 09:38PM

please, please Wrote:
> Please provide the date of the meeting at which
> Pat made this statement - I have to make a gif of
> that! Thanks

As you may know...the SB meetings audio is atrocious, deliberate in this day and age when considering how long its been online?

My Notes read....FCSB Reston representative that said something like this “WE WILL decide what we want to do and what name is selected. We will make that decision”.

Its here, sorry no pinpoint on time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECyGGb1KY70&feature=youtu.be

Date: April 01, 2017 09:41PM

To all School Board members:
It has been pointed out to me by my friend George A, that some of you have been giving serious and thoughtful consideration to the JEB Stuart name change. This really isn't acceptable.

Thinking for oneself is something we frown upon….we must show unity, lockstep if you will, Democrat first as my "friend" pointed out and school board member second….

It may not be your fault, perhaps some of you are sitting too close to Ms. Shultz and ideas are seeping in. On the other hand maybe you take this position too seriously. Not to discourage independent thought, I had one once, but to express those thoughts carries the onus of responsibility.
It would be helpful to me, as school board chairman, if the members kept their thinking to a bare minimum.

I’m happy to hear your thoughts (cough cough) on this or any other subject, but understand that our decision to change the name of JEB Stuart HS has already been made. Please contact me, School Board Member Sandy Evans, at ssevans@fcps.edu.
Sandy

Date: April 01, 2017 09:51PM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
> Seriously, is this legitimate correspondence or a
> hoax?

Taking license for humor... most based on truth, I'll try to make the truth more clear, respect your post.

Date: April 02, 2017 12:16AM

FOIA can bite Wrote:
> Dear Ryan,

Yes, I knew FOIA was an acronym.....

Dear Sandy,

I have spent the better part of last winter studying this FOIA problem. It was even controversial at the time. (I always love adding that true or not….) I say let's just drop this fcps@edu site and go with private servers, what could possibility go wrong?

Ryan

Dear Ryan,

Damn Ryan…there you go again, you just learned what FOIA was yesterday.
As to the private servers, you are hot, let me check with Pat.

Sandy

Date: April 02, 2017 12:24AM

The School Board has become so unhinged and say and do so many inexplicable things satire is hard to pick up. For that reason, I take it that the FOIA's were created for entertainment purposes. The really sad part is that both Evans and McElveen are so obtuse and naïve that it could have been actual correspondence between those two Members.

Date: April 02, 2017 12:46AM

FOIA can bite Wrote:
Dear Ryan,

> Speaking of, when you wrote…."I spent the better
> part of last summer researching the changes….
> Superintendent W.T. Woodson proposed substitute
> names for those schools that were controversial
> even at the time: Robert E. Lee High School and
> JEB Stuart High School…" were you just lying or
> did someone else do that lousy piece of research?
>
> Sandy

Dear Sandy

That pesky little comment about the school being named Robert E Lee when it was named Lee, for the Lee district….. Nah, I just made it up. I was so excited when the school paper at JEB Stuart reprinted my comment, is that plagiarism if they didn't put it in quotes?

I'll never recant it; I am Ryan, as you know the brightest of the bright.

Loving fatherhood…or should I just say loving hood, no that won't work… (sigh) so hard being gender neutral but it is the ONLY hope for the future. Just because humans, animals and even plants have been identified as male or female for millions of years doesn't make it right. Right?

Ryan

Date: April 02, 2017 12:53AM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
> The School Board has become so unhinged and say
> and do so many inexplicable things satire is hard
> to pick up. For that reason, I take it that the
> FOIA's were created for entertainment purposes.
> The really sad part is that both Evans and
> McElveen are so obtuse and naïve that it could
> have been actual correspondence between those two
> Members.

I hear you...agree. I am in receipt of hundreds of emails via FOIA. The naivety expressed by this board on many issues is astounding.

Date: April 02, 2017 12:58AM

Dear Sandy, Pat and Ryan
I heard through the grapevine you are thinking of a private server. Suffice it to say… it's not a good idea.
Tom W

Dear Sandy
So who died and made Tom the boss? You Pat and I agree…isn't 3 a majority of 12? Maybe we should go with the argument that in social situations the minority should have equal say, it sure beats democracy when you want your way. I'm feeling oppressed.
Ryan

Date: April 02, 2017 03:25PM

Dear Sandy,
I know that Confederate is a dirty word, (I feel dirty just typing it)…..but why are we going after Woodson?
Ryan

Dear Ryan
The students for change said he was a "prominent segregationist". No evidence of course, but we decided to lump him in to keep things stirred up, besides it reinforces that the board was racist and opens up a lot of options.

I can see it now…. Sandy Evans High School for Science and Technology, fun thought huh?

Sandy

Date: April 02, 2017 11:56PM

Dear Sandy,

Sandy Evans High School for Science and Technology…WOW!!!! You are the big thinker. Maybe I should leave my wife and move in with you, only kidding…hey is "wife" a gender word?

Ok, thanks for straightening me out on Woodson. I don't mind throwing him under the bus, (get it? school bus). I just read he was a great humanist…and I liked that because it was a neutral word, but I did have to look it up. What are 30 plus years of sincere dedication, innovative programs, and true service to the county, when they were literally building a class room a day, have to do with anything?

The most important thing here is four students are offended because their teacher told them to be. Screw the 40K former graduates, old white people as that fellow said in his EMAIL.

Some must be sacrificed so others may thrive..... (That's a Ryan original, you like?)

I'm working on my micro-aggression list; I try to list one thing every day that offends me. You know you can live life with joy and spread that each day….but I love victimization.

Got to run, later.

Ryan

Date: April 03, 2017 12:09AM

Dear Ryan,

OK, only four students but one was black, an Eritrean immigrant who I don't think has been here that long…but still. She said in the Washington Post that Stuart "disgust" her.

Someone sent me an EMAIL about that article and they were angry. I didn't dare acknowledge that Eritrea is the most oppressive country in the world and still traffics in slavery, much less tell them on her Facebook page she dressed in Eritrean garb with the comment…"never forget your culture and love it, it's a gift that no one can take away from you." I wonder if she sees the irony.

Sandy

Date: April 03, 2017 02:43AM

And so it goes. That is life in America today. Spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, offend thousands of school alumni that identify with and are loyal to a school in order to appease four students. Also, Evan's statement about "never forgetting your culture and love it" is ironic because she is complicit in destroying the American culture and apparently is not aware of her actions.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: April 03, 2017 08:07AM

None of your God damn business. What matters is what the students and the parents of the students want and the community wants. It's their school.

Date: April 03, 2017 11:24AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> None of your God damn business. What matters is
> what the students and the parents of the students
> want and the community wants. It's their school.

For once we can agree....Gerry! The community and the students both voted against the change.

Date: April 03, 2017 11:29AM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
Also, Evan's statement about "never
> forgetting your culture and love it" is ironic
> because she is complicit in destroying the
> American culture and apparently is not aware of
> her actions.

That wasn't Evans comment....belonged to the student who wants to change the name, but she loves country's history.

Date: April 03, 2017 11:31AM

Dear Sandy,

Mixed feeling on that, she's too young to get the irony, and imagine if she tried that in her country? Whoa. Same thing with what's her name, that Hollywood gal….Moore? You know, the one who started the second petition.

Boy, she's a case.

Moore isn't alumni but she did attend. Did you see her Wiki page… "It's horrible to change your name. I've been Julie Smith my whole life, and I didn't want to change it." (Right next to acting career, special box on the right)

She considers herself half Scottish and claimed British citizenship in 2011 and she never even lived there. So she gets it when it comes to herself, wanting so badly to identify with some history, here's irony for ya…Stuart was Scottish.

Then I find on the net, in an interview she is asked "with a Scottish mother, did you have Celtic influences on your life?" And she answers " My mother used to tell us to remember that we weren‘t really Americans!"
Ha! Is that a hoot, no wonder...she has nothing invested in US History much less Virginia.

I've been waiting for that to hit the fan…it took me the better part of the summer to find that (Ok, took the wife a minute or two) but this time I'm not lying…had the tank double check that information.

Ryan

Date: April 03, 2017 11:38AM

FOIA can bite Wrote:
> Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> -----
> > None of your God damn business. What matters
> is
> > what the students and the parents of the
> students
> > want and the community wants. It's their
> school.
>
> For once we can agree....Gerry! The community and
> the students both voted against the change.

Oh...and by the way, they did another survey on the students in late March. Majority again voted against a change. They still don't understand why we need to waste that money on something they really don't care about. The students NEEDS at Stuart are great.

Do you understand what a deficit is? The public schools are only short 85 million taking care of their current obligations....

Date: April 03, 2017 11:54AM

It's not a majority vote though. It's a vote primarily for those with standing. That would be the African American students victimized by the celebration of war figures who fought to keep slavery.

Date: April 03, 2017 11:56AM

And plus, he was a fucking traitor. Maybe if you stopped celebrating the legacy of traitors you wouldn't be so susceptible to treason like we see Trumptards being today.

Date: April 03, 2017 11:58AM

What are we teaching our kids? Be a violent warring racist rebel traitor and you might get a school named after you some day.

Date: April 03, 2017 12:02PM

Dear Sandy,

I have been meaning to mention for a while that I can't help but notice on the bottom of your emails there is a permanent post script praising Nelson Mandela.

Did you know in questioning Nelson Mandela during the Rivonia trial, that he advocated cutting off the noses of blacks viewed as traitors or white collaborators. His wife Winnie advocated that turncoats be punished by “necklacing”—execution by placing a gasoline-filled tire around the victim’s neck and setting it alight.

Boy talk about "controversial at the time" seems a little harsh.

Ryan

Dear Ryan

Put that on your micro-aggression list in case we ever need it, it does seem a little harsh but the thing about Mandela is he wasn't a confederate.
I've been meaning to ask… How's the little one?

Sandy

Posted by: Truth & Reconciliation ()
Date: April 03, 2017 12:05PM

Some people sound awfully threatened by the prospect of renaming this school. Sad that so much of their identity is wrapped up in defending white supremacy and spreading lies and misinformation.

Posted by: Foia can bite ()
Date: April 03, 2017 12:07PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> What are we teaching our kids? Be a violent
> warring racist rebel traitor and you might get a
> school named after you some day.

History of men living in their times, kinda of like Mandela. Grabbed a Peace Prize to boot.....

Posted by: Just wondering ()
Date: April 03, 2017 12:12PM

Truth & Reconciliation Wrote:
> Some people sound awfully threatened by the
> prospect of renaming this school. Sad that so much
> of their identity is wrapped up in defending white
> supremacy and spreading lies and misinformation.

What are the lies? No one is defending white supremacy. In their day Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and many others did feel the white race was intellectually superior. That was the way it was.....nothing can change that history.

I don't know anybody who thinks that way...we have long accepted we are equal in abilities. If any of those men were alive today I'm sure they would feel as we do. Including Stuart.

Date: April 03, 2017 12:17PM

We shouldn't glorify treason. It's why Putin took over Lincolns Party.

Posted by: Truth & Reconciliation ()
Date: April 03, 2017 12:23PM

Just wondering Wrote:
> Truth & Reconciliation Wrote:
> -----
> > Some people sound awfully threatened by the
> > prospect of renaming this school. Sad that so
> much
> > of their identity is wrapped up in defending
> white
> > supremacy and spreading lies and
> misinformation.
>
> What are the lies? No one is defending white
> supremacy. In their day Washington, Jefferson,
> Lincoln and many others did feel the white race
> was intellectually superior. That was the way it
> was.....nothing can change that history.
>
> I don't know anybody who thinks that way...we have
> long accepted we are equal in abilities. If any of
> those men were alive today I'm sure they would
> feel as we do. Including Stuart.

Interesting argument - suggests that if Stuart were alive today he might not want a school named after himself. There is no continued need to glorify the Confederacy in 2017. Stuart was supposed to be named Munson Hill HS until the white men on the School Board who opposed integration decided to change course and name schools Stuart and Lee.

Date: April 03, 2017 12:30PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> We shouldn't glorify treason. It's why Putin took
> over Lincolns Party.

Virginia had the right to secede. "may be resumed"

On June 26, 1788, Virginia’s elected delegates met to ratify the Constitution. In their ratification document, they said, “The People of Virginia declare and make known that the powers granted under the Constitution being derived from the People of the United States may be resumed by them whensoever the same shall be perverted to their injury or oppression and that every power not granted thereby remains with them and at their will.”

Perhaps a better source for you would be Walter E Williams...a local black professor. https://www.creators.com/read/walter-williams/07/15/historical-ignorance

And Stuart and Lee has the right to resign from the Union..which they did.

Date: April 03, 2017 12:34PM

"Stuart was supposed to be named Munson Hill HS until the
white men on the School Board who opposed integration decided to change course and name schools Stuart and Lee."

That is the vicious lie behind this whole campaign. Ever see anything to back that up? One document...???

Date: April 03, 2017 12:37PM

This will help you to understand why the policy was switched....everyone, most of all the school board , was sick of the community infighting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._E._B._Stuart_High_School

Posted by: Rise Again ()
Date: April 03, 2017 12:51PM

Northern conquerors want to wipe away Southern pride.

The War of 1861 settled the issue of secession through brute force that cost 600,000 American lives. We Americans celebrate Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, but H.L. Mencken correctly evaluated the speech: "It is poetry, not logic; beauty, not sense." Lincoln said the soldiers sacrificed their lives "to the cause of self-determination — that government of the people, by the people, for the people should not perish from the earth." Mencken says: "It is difficult to imagine anything more untrue. The Union soldiers in the battle actually fought against self-determination; it was the Confederates who fought for the right of people to govern themselves."

Date: April 03, 2017 12:51PM

"There is no continued need to glorify the Confederacy in 2017."

Who asking anybody to "glorify" anything. There are people who I admire in history, Jefferson wasn't one. When I see his school name I don't think about glorifying, simply a figure in history.

The same with road side historical markers. It memory of our history, important events, and how we became the nation we are, flawed but always trying.

Posted by: eff JEB ()
Date: April 03, 2017 01:23PM

Rise Again Wrote:
> Northern conquerors want to wipe away Southern
> pride.
>
> The War of 1861 settled the issue of secession
> through brute force that cost 600,000 American
> lives. We Americans celebrate Abraham Lincoln's
> Gettysburg Address, but H.L. Mencken correctly
> evaluated the speech: "It is poetry, not logic;
> beauty, not sense." Lincoln said the soldiers
> sacrificed their lives "to the cause of
> self-determination — that government of the
> people, by the people, for the people should not
> perish from the earth." Mencken says: "It is
> difficult to imagine anything more untrue. The
> Union soldiers in the battle actually fought
> against self-determination; it was the
> Confederates who fought for the right of people to
> govern themselves."

The Confederates fought for a form of self-government that depended entirely on keeping others in bondage. JEB Stuart fought to defend that unjust system, and we should not ask students to honor his disgraceful "legacy."

Posted by: Today's World ()
Date: April 03, 2017 01:35PM

In the modern world, liberal democrats advocate the enslavement of taxpayers and lifelong servitude to the government and know-it-all bureaucrats.

Date: April 03, 2017 01:39PM

The Confederates fought for a form of self-government that depended entirely on keeping others in bondage. JEB Stuart fought to defend that unjust system, and we should not ask students to honor his disgraceful "legacy."

The north fought to preserve the union, there's not a lot of letters home to say, "yeah mom, I'm here to free the slaves."

The confederates fought because they thought state's rights were being trampled on...not a lot of letters home asking how their slaves are doing since 95% of the southern families didn't have slaves and that issue wasn't important to them.

Virginia's first vote was against secession but they got involved because Lincoln requisitioned troops from Virginia.

As Stuart said "I love the union but I love Virginia. That's the way they felt back then....their state was their sovereignty.

Posted by: No more deluded revisionists ()
Date: April 03, 2017 01:58PM

Just wondering Wrote:
> The Confederates fought for a form of
> self-government that depended entirely on keeping
> others in bondage. JEB Stuart fought to defend
> that unjust system, and we should not ask students
> to honor his disgraceful "legacy."
>
> The north fought to preserve the union, there's
> not a lot of letters home to say, "yeah mom, I'm
> here to free the slaves."
>
> The confederates fought because they thought
> state's rights were being trampled on...not a lot
> of letters home asking how their slaves are doing
> since 95% of the southern families didn't have
> slaves and that issue wasn't important to them.
>
>
> Virginia's first vote was against secession but
> they got involved because Lincoln requisitioned
> troops from Virginia.
>
> As Stuart said "I love the union but I love
> Virginia. That's the way they felt back
> then....their state was their sovereignty.

Nope. The war was fought over slavery and Stuart died for that misguided and ignoble cause. Change the name.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/10/west-point-historian-of-course-the-civil-war-was-about-slavery/

Posted by: Don't quote West Point ()
Date: April 03, 2017 03:20PM

West Point and it's products think that any war that they fight in is justified and that their killing is better than the other guys killing.
They were "saving " Viet Nam by destroying it and killing it's people.
Slavery was made obsolete by agricultural machinery and all the death and destruction of the civil war could have been avoided.

Date: April 03, 2017 05:18PM

No more deluded revisionists Wrote:

>
> Nope. The war was fought over slavery and Stuart
> died for that misguided and ignoble cause. Change
> the name.
>
> http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/10/west-point-h
> istorian-of-course-the-civil-war-was-about-slavery

Agree to disagree. You of course are entitled to think what you want....country is pretty much divided on that question. So it's hardly revisionist history.

Because we are close to 50/50, I'd say there is probability that either side could be correct. This battle and question has gone on for over a hundred years.

The results of the new poll are similar to a 2011 CNN/ORC poll finding that 54 percent of Americans said keeping slavery legal was the main reason Southern leaders led their states to secede from the United States, while 42 percent said slavery was not the main reason. Other surveys that year, which asked whether states’ rights or slavery was the main cause of the war, found more respondents choosing states’ rights as the reason.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2015/08/06/poll-americans-divided-over-whether-slavery-was-the-civil-wars-main-cause/?utm_term=.568b26e9cdd1

Posted by: Eff Billy Bobre ()
Date: April 03, 2017 06:33PM

Just wondering Wrote:
> No more deluded revisionists Wrote:
>
> >
> > Nope. The war was fought over slavery and
> Stuart
> > died for that misguided and ignoble cause.
> Change
> > the name.
> >
> >
> http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/10/west-point-h
>
> >
> istorian-of-course-the-civil-war-was-about-slavery
>
>
> Agree to disagree. You of course are entitled to
> think what you want....country is pretty much
> divided on that question. So it's hardly
> revisionist history.
>
> Because we are close to 50/50, I'd say there is
> probability that either side could be correct.
> This battle and question has gone on for over a
> hundred years.
>
> The results of the new poll are similar to a 2011
> CNN/ORC poll finding that 54 percent of Americans
> said keeping slavery legal was the main reason
> Southern leaders led their states to secede from
> the United States, while 42 percent said slavery
> was not the main reason. Other surveys that year,
> which asked whether states’ rights or slavery
> was the main cause of the war, found more
> respondents choosing states’ rights as the
> reason.
>
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2
> 015/08/06/poll-americans-divided-over-whether-slav
> ery-was-the-civil-wars-main-cause/?utm_term=.568b2
> 6e9cdd1

A West Point historian with a PH.D has a more informed view on the subject than some Billy Bob who believes what he wants to believe.

Posted by: donald jay trump ()
Date: April 03, 2017 06:49PM

then why did 4 slave holding states fight for the union....

Date: April 03, 2017 10:05PM

Eff Billy Bobre Wrote:

>
> A West Point historian with a PH.D has a more
> informed view on the subject than some Billy Bob
> who believes what he wants to believe.

So are you saying everyone who has an opinion is a Billy Bob? Let's say half are...doesn't change the statistics, they would still probably fall in the same perimeters. I'm not sure what you are saying...one historian has a different view point so that makes him right?

Historian and alumni like the school board uses, the guy who was raised locally who claims Stuart has no connection to Virginia? Jeff Parker? No big reveal there by the way....he is quoted in the papers.

Posted by: Just Wondering ()
Date: April 03, 2017 10:09PM

donald jay trump Wrote:
> then why did 4 slave holding states fight for the
> union....

Wasn't around then...but proves my point ...they weren't fighting to "free slaves" or they would have emancipated them, they were fighting to preserve the union.

Date: April 03, 2017 11:37PM

Dear Sandy,

Had the tank crunching numbers all day… between the NAACP and Cohen's commitment we have $1,000 to work with…..only $ 699,000 to go. We are cooking with gas, not to disparage other forms of energy. (Sigh) between us, this constant political correctness does get tiring.

Now I have heard, and it's not only Stuart, that some kids bring home their free lunch to share with siblings, isn't that sweet. Maybe that's why they don't get a million dollars on a name, …but this is important…some, at least four are offended.

I guess the rest would rather have the money put into to Stuart for the schools BASIC needs, or themselves, now that's self-centered, don't you think?

Ryan

Date: April 03, 2017 11:49PM

Truth & Reconciliation Wrote:
> Just wondering Wrote:
> -----
> > Truth & Reconciliation Wrote:
> >
and spreading lies and
> > misinformation.
> >
Please, You seem like a reasonable person. Just tell me what the lies and misinformation are. I'll be happy to own them, straighten them out, or explain because there was never the intent to do either.

Posted by: 1862 ()
Date: April 04, 2017 06:59AM

It took Republican prez Lincoln to free the slaves once. Here's hoping Trump can free all Americans who've again been enslaved to govt by liberal democrats.

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: April 04, 2017 07:25AM

Hey OP...proud Confederate history? Which part?

That you were all dirty, filthy fucking slavers?
Or that you're a bunch of losers who lost the war?

Billy Sherman...Holy Christ, did you guys put out those fires yet? Atlanta to Savannah, burnt to a fucking crisp and you could not stop him.

Date: April 04, 2017 10:24PM

"Stuart was supposed to be named Munson Hill HS until the white men on the School Board who opposed integration decided to change course and name schools Stuart and Lee."

The policy changed at that time and is very well explained as to why…a bitter 3 year long dispute between the communities of Franconia and Springfield for their school name….documented here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._E._B._Stuart_High_School

It's easy to understand why the policy changed and the big lie I see is that the 1958 School Board of Fairfax changed the policy (or as they claim Woodson did) to name schools for spite. The Superintendent doesn't make the policy and they don’t have a vote on issues. There has not been one shred of evidence presented to support anything differently. The school was named JEB Stuart because JEB Stuart's camp was located on Munson Hill.

The school board at the time was 7 men. 6 of the 7 weren't even raised in Virginia or a southern state. They hailed from Wisconsin, New York City, Iowa, Puerto Rico, Indiana and Connecticut.

All 7 were college educated liberals and only one was from Virginia. Only School Board members voted on names. The Superintendent has no vote. C. Turner Hudgins (VA), Robert F. Davis (IN), Dr. Clyde W. Gleason (WI), Merton S. Parsons (CT), Samuel Sid Solomon (NY) Dr. Hillis Lory (IA), and Theodore S, Heriot (PR).

Mr. Robert F. Davis and Mr. C. Turner Hudgins were private practice attorneys. Mr. Heriot was employed as an electrical engineer with C&P Telephone Company. Sid Solomon was an attorney who worked for the Small Business Administration; Dr. Hillis Lory worked for the State Department, Dr. Clyde Gleason worked for the Veterans Administration, Mr. Merton S. Parsons PhD, worked for the Department of Agriculture. Most all served in World War II, (5 verified) and that is how they ended up in the Washington area.

In other words, this wasn't a good old boy network; Fairfax County was blessed with a dedicated, fair, and well-educated board.

Was the entire community racist and just went along with the name, and managed to keep it a secret? It reads in the minutes that it was a widely attended public meeting. Not one article of the many still available spoke about the great conspiracy? No mention by the local NAACP? Am I to believe there was a sudden collapse of principles on the part of previously honorable School Board members? Some who had signed on publicly with Mr. David Scull in a newspaper campaign against the Gray plan as early as 1955.

This was the fifties. People were watching westerns on TV. A popular seller from 1958 was "I rode with Jeb Stuart", another acclaimed book published just the year before, in 1957, was titled "The Last Cavalier" (The life of JEB Stuart.) There were many local Round Table discussions centered on the books evidenced by an article in the Washington Post. The country was in the midst for preparing for the Civil War Centennial on a national level. People weren't offended by everything "confederate." They embraced local history, more importantly the KNEW local history. Virginia played an intrinsic role in the Civil War.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.