HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Let's See If Boosterthon Can Deliver!
Posted by: Boosterthon Challenge ()
Date: February 06, 2016 08:23PM

Anytime anyone on here says Boosterthon is bad, people stand up and defend it. Well, I say let's put Boosterthon to the test and see how much it can do to make up the FCPS budget shortfall.

FCPS has contracted with Boosterthon before, they can do it again, the same applies to PTAs/PTOs.

Time for you Booster boosters to put your money where your mouth is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's See If Boosterthon Can Deliver!
Posted by: A. Parent ()
Date: February 07, 2016 11:31PM

Thanks for yet another thread about Boosterthon.

If you dislike them so much you go volunteer to be PTA president at your kid's school next year and you find a fundraising opportunity that brings in more cash.

I'm neither supporting not criticizing Boosterthon. I've had no experience with them. But all we see is pussy ass parents hiding behind anonymous screen names to denigrate Boosterthon while offering no legitimate and comparable alternative.

Posted by: Denigrate or Calibrate? ()
Date: February 08, 2016 02:27PM

I did not see the OP as denigrating Boosterthon. It seems to me Boosterthon is being asked to step up to a challenge. It seems unlikely that the BoS will give Garza and the SB the money they want.

Boosterthon has been extolled, and holds itself out as a paragon of leadership and fundraising. I think the OP is on a quest for truth. As leaders, Boosterthon should help FCPS in its hour of need. As fundraisers, if Boosterthon is so good at it, then, the raised funds might just help fill the gap Garza spends so much time and effort with.

Posted by: They're Posers ()
Date: February 10, 2016 12:02PM

I should of known, all Boosterthon cares about is money. This talk of being a community resource is just crap.

Posted by: Don Draper ()
Date: February 11, 2016 04:45PM

http://fairfax154.rssing.com/browser.php?indx=13826829&item=13997

Wow there is a lot of negative stuff about Boosterthon, if I were them I'd improve my image as that is part and parcel of their business!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.