HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What did your child do at SACC TODAY
Posted by: Pissed off Parent ()
Date: February 05, 2016 05:44PM

I have a kindergarten boy and this was the first day off that I've not been able to take off work so I took him to SACC today. They said he was allowed to bring one electronic device so we talked about it and decided to let him take the iPad he uses occasionally. We let him play a few video games on weekends and always set a timer to limit the amount of time he spends on it. Well, I was just assuming that they'd have a certain (limited) time that they could use their devices, but apparently they had no limits. He used it the whole time he was there! (7-2) he said he didn't go to the gym or outside to play or do any art projects. And I believe him based on where the battery life was.

So do other SACC programs allow this? I think I won't let him bring it next time, but I know what will happen - he will sit and watch one of his friends play all day. Is this worth bringing up as a complaint or do I just roll with it? He's only six and I'm not sure it's realistic to send it but ask him to limit himself.

I'm really surprised this was how they spent the day

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What did your child do at SACC TODAY
Posted by: Pissed off Parent or Bad Parent ()
Date: February 05, 2016 06:38PM

Get over yourself you self righteous prick. You are the one who chose to work rather than take the responsibility to raise your child. SACC is a babysitting service and that is why it is so cheap/subsidized by FFX Cnty Tax dollars. You knew that going into it. Do you really expect them to have all kinds of shit lined up for kids when they do not even know if anyone is going to show up on any given day? Your kid was safe, warm, fed and had some fun with kids his age while you went off to get your nails done and have Starbucks.

Posted by: In response.. ()
Date: February 06, 2016 10:21AM

I'm sorry but the person who replied to this has NO idea what they are talking about. I am a SACC teacher, we have a educational curriculum that we MUST do programming for. Every SACC SHOULD be giving the choice to do projects. In response to the first parent, when we allow electronics on teacher work days they are supposed to be played at specific times of the day. Whatever SACC your child goes to obviously did not do this. My center did allow electronics yesterday due to the children probably playing them for the whole week that they were off. Instead the children were allowed bring in their favorite board game. We cooked pancakes with the kids, made glitter slime, made a Valentine's Day craft, played in the gym, and played on our wii. Please do not let the actions of one center ruin your view on all the SACCs that actually do their jobs, and do them well.

Posted by: Same as above ()
Date: February 06, 2016 10:25AM

Correction- we DID NOT allow electronics yesterday.

Posted by: ¥£€ ()
Date: February 06, 2016 10:33AM

If you want total control over what your child is doing then don't use daycare. You will like some of what they do, and won't like some of it. Anybody who sends a iPad to a daycare center deserves whatever happens with their child or to their device.

Posted by: Believing Believer ()
Date: February 06, 2016 11:03AM

You should be beaten with said ipad.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.