HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Question with the arrest search/background checks
Posted by: fadeaway ()
Date: May 24, 2005 05:22PM

Hey all,

I just looked through the arrest list, and found two entries for me. Less than a couple months ago, I was pounded with two possession charges, and I do have court for these in early June. My question: Can these tickets show up in a background check performed by large companies even before I'm found guilty in court (assuming I am found guilty, which I probably won't even be..)?

Thanks a lot..
Dan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question with the arrest search/background checks
Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: May 24, 2005 05:43PM

YES

of course they "can", it's public record from the moment of the bust regardless of disposition

Posted by: kklare ()
Date: May 24, 2005 08:07PM

I've heard that you can get them eliminated but it involves a lawyer and thousands of dollars.

Date: May 24, 2005 08:21PM

............and not until his case is disposed.

Posted by: kklare ()
Date: May 24, 2005 08:38PM

True. And if convicted... well not much you can do about that.

Posted by: fadeaway ()
Date: May 24, 2005 09:58PM

Shouldn't I be innocent until proven guilty though? This is a top retailer who's doing a background check.. and I haven't even had court yet for the tickets. Shouldn't I be convicted before something goes on my permanent background?

Date: May 24, 2005 10:11PM

all arrests are public record, all tickets.

believe me I don't like it. But you'd have to get the law changed. The law says you have to get police records expunged to make them go away.

but you may be ok. A lot of retailers get the "basic package" when it comes to BG checks. This means convictions only, and usually only for theft or violence below the felony level. It all depends.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 24, 2005 10:27PM

If you want you can get a report from this place: http://www.backgroundchecks.com . But I have heard people say they looked up friends in jail and they didn't appear there, so the service may not be worth much.

Posted by: The Economist ()
Date: May 25, 2005 01:54AM

don't break the law you won't have to worry about it.......I'm guessing you got possess of marijuana..which is stupid . if you are going to do drugs might as well do something good

Posted by: otter ()
Date: December 14, 2007 10:56AM

"But I have heard people say they looked up friends in jail and they didn't appear there," There is a site where you can do a name search and see if you hit on the right person before you purchase anything during your background search [See BackgroundSearch.com]. A few states do not publish criminal records on the internet, so that means the records are kept at the county level. If so, then you need to know every county that your subject person has traveled through in case he committed a crime there. However, if you use an information aggregator, like the one above, you should see all of the information in their database because they collect it from all 3,000 counties in the USA.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.