HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fairfax County School Continue to Drop in Rankings- Arlington, Falls Church and Loudoun Better School Systems
Posted by: FFX Suck ()
Date: February 03, 2016 11:39AM

Well the new rankings are out and once again FFX county schools suck and lose to other school systems in the area.

1 Arlington County Public Schools
2 Falls Church City Public Schools
3 Loudoun County Public Schools
4 Fairfax County Public Schools
5 Albemarle County Public Schools
6 Charlottesville City Public Schools
7 Alexandria City Public Schools

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County School Continue to Drop in Rankings- Arlington, Falls Church and Loudoun Better School Systems
Posted by: Deep! ()
Date: February 03, 2016 12:25PM

FFX Suck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well the new rankings are out and once again FFX
> county schools suck and lose to other school
> systems in the area.
>
> 1 Arlington County Public Schools
> 2 Falls Church City Public Schools
> 3 Loudoun County Public Schools
> 4 Fairfax County Public Schools
> 5 Albemarle County Public Schools
> 6 Charlottesville City Public Schools
> 7 Alexandria City Public Schools

what do you expect after being underfunded for an entire decade and almost 6 straight years of cuts with little pay increases would happen?

Re: Fairfax County School Continue to Drop in Rankings- Arlington, Falls Church and Loudoun Better School Systems
Posted by: 4 What? ()
Date: February 03, 2016 12:30PM

Deep! Wrote:
> FFX Suck Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well the new rankings are out and once again
> FFX
> > county schools suck and lose to other school
> > systems in the area.
> >
> > 1 Arlington County Public Schools
> > 2 Falls Church City Public Schools
> > 3 Loudoun County Public Schools
> > 4 Fairfax County Public Schools
> > 5 Albemarle County Public Schools
> > 6 Charlottesville City Public Schools
> > 7 Alexandria City Public Schools
>
> what do you expect after being underfunded for an
> entire decade and almost 6 straight years of cuts
> with little pay increases would happen?

Funding for what? The kids are barely in school any more.

The teachers work 4 months out of the year and are over paid.

Date: February 03, 2016 12:34PM

4 What? Wrote:
> Deep! Wrote:
> -----
> > FFX Suck Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Well the new rankings are out and once again
> > FFX
> > > county schools suck and lose to other school
> > > systems in the area.
> > >
> > > 1 Arlington County Public Schools
> > > 2 Falls Church City Public Schools
> > > 3 Loudoun County Public Schools
> > > 4 Fairfax County Public Schools
> > > 5 Albemarle County Public Schools
> > > 6 Charlottesville City Public Schools
> > > 7 Alexandria City Public Schools
> >
> > what do you expect after being underfunded for
> an
> > entire decade and almost 6 straight years of
> cuts
> > with little pay increases would happen?
>
> Funding for what? The kids are barely in school
> any more.
>
> The teachers work 4 months out of the year and are
> over paid.

spoken by a true hater without a clue of how the real world works.

The kids are in school their required 990 hours of education every single year and the teachers officially work a 10month schedule but everyone to be good as a teacher you will be working on alot of your personal time and are underpaid. Teachers throughout the country are underpaid. FCPS is paid well for most places but in the DC area they are lagging behind the surrounding districts.

Posted by: Count The Days ()
Date: February 03, 2016 12:44PM

Deep! Wrote:

> spoken by a true hater without a clue of how the
> real world works.
>
> The kids are in school their required 990 hours of
> education every single year

No they are not in FCPS schools the required 990 hours. What happens is towards the end of the FCPS school year a petition is always sent to state that asks for an exemption from the required hours.

No FCPS teacher don't work 10 months out of the year. You are not subtracting the FCPS holidays and FCPS vacations.

10 months??? You are trying to count months like December where FCPS teachers got two weeks off as a full month. What about March with another two weeks off?

Posted by: More bacon! ()
Date: February 03, 2016 12:50PM

Deep! Wrote:

Well, the thing that really screwed FCPS in these rankings was the "Food" category. We did as well as or better than other ranked systems in academics, teachers, outcomes, and stuff like that, but somehow we got a crappy B-minus in "Food" which really dragged us down. Go figure.

Posted by: Hey, dumbass ()
Date: February 03, 2016 12:54PM

Count The Days Wrote:
> 10 months??? You are trying to count months like
> December where FCPS teachers got two weeks off as
> a full month. What about March with another two
> weeks off?

Do NFL players then only work 16 hours per year?

Date: February 03, 2016 12:55PM

Count The Days Wrote:
> Deep! Wrote:
> -----
>
> > spoken by a true hater without a clue of how
> the
> > real world works.
> >
> > The kids are in school their required 990 hours
> of
> > education every single year
>
> No they are not in FCPS schools the required 990
> hours. What happens is towards the end of the
> FCPS school year a petition is always sent to
> state that asks for an exemption from the required
> hours.
>

only the years where they use more than the allotted snow days do they ask for an exemption. This does not happen every year and most of the time the exemption is denied. School always ends on the scheduled last day of the calendar that is made before the school year ever starts. Not once during my 15 year career thus far have i seen the calendar school year end earlier than planned.

> No FCPS teacher don't work 10 months out of the
> year. You are not subtracting the FCPS holidays
> and FCPS vacations.

FCPS teachers are under a 10 month/190 day contracts. FCPS holidays and vacations are part of their contract and built into their salary. just like full time employees are considered 12 month/260 day contracts. Except teacheing is not a 9 to 5 job.

>
> 10 months??? You are trying to count months like
> December where FCPS teachers got two weeks off as
> a full month. What about March with another two
> weeks off?

pointless remark

Date: February 03, 2016 12:56PM

Hey, dumbass Wrote:
\
> Do NFL players then only work 16 hours per year?

good analogy there

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: February 03, 2016 01:00PM

The only thing that surprises me about those rankings is that Alexandria is #7. Falls Church has been better than the typical Fairfax school for some time. Arlington and Loudoun passing Fairfax is more recent, but still old news.

Deep! Wrote:

FCPS is not so much underfunded as it is overstressed by the demands put on it. If you bumped per pupil spending up to Arlington County levels I doubt you'd see FCPS climb more than one place. You would see the tax rate go way up.

Posted by: it is not the teachers ()
Date: February 03, 2016 01:24PM

It is not the teachers which are the cause of the problem - good ones deserve to get paid more than they do. Good ones have qualities many of us successful in industry would struggle to develop - particularly the practice of patience and empathy, and applying the correct "dose" of analytic intelligence to the situation.

Teachers are not dumb; they are smart. The teacher licensure exams have made teachers part of the intelligentsia - maybe on the humble end - but intelligentsia nevertheless. This is of course why there are proportionately fewer minority teachers - they cannot pass the licensure exams, and ed schools accordingly limit their participation. In short, teachers are generally smart, and in fact, at the elementary level, significantly smarter than they need to be.

There are certainly a few mediocre or bad teachers, but FCPS has quite a few good ones. Since many teachers are middle class white women, they are easily picked on, as they are viewed as "privileged" by progressive apparatchiks and as a power not to be reckoned with by conservative school reformers. Neither progressives or conservatives really understand the cognitive ability or I.Q. challenges, as progressives believe in more spending, and conservatives believe in merit pay, union reform, and the like, but that doesn't mean that the I.Q. driven problems are not real, as I explain below.

Fairfax has demographic problems. They are not unique, but let's quit pretending that bringing in thousands and thousands of cognitively limited immigrants from in many cases dysfunctional backgrounds is not going to significantly impact the schools. Have we figured out what the right objectives are for nominally literate (in any language) kids from often difficult home situations with 75 I.Q's? Somehow I don't think meeting "proficient" on the No Child Left Behind "Kill and Drill" tests does much good for these kids (even for the few that make it). Yet we will spend an enormous amount of money in furtherance of this objective.

This of course could be construed as an anti-immigration statement. Not so. We should just be honest over the significant amount of externalities and social costs which obtain. Schools in some areas of the county are already losing the middle class - the stanchion of virtually any decent public schools. I don't envy school leaders, who, after all, would get fired if they were publicly honest about the source of the difficulties.

The really frustrating part for good teachers - of which there are many in FCPS - is that given the realities of large parts of the immigrant population - they can only make limited and incremental progress.

And this is the rub behind Garza's latest budget request. The immigrant students require a vast social network, well beyond basic instruction. That is what she wants us to pay for - again - if honestly presented - I get it. The reason why so many are nervous is that if the social costs are honestly presented, there will be groundswells of resentment against our immigration policies....and that I can understand.

Note at the end of day blaming teachers is inapposite. They are not the source of the problems.

Posted by: CRY ME A RIVER!!! ()
Date: February 03, 2016 01:36PM

Deep! Wrote:

> FCPS teachers are under a 10 month/190 day
> contracts. FCPS holidays and vacations are part
> of their contract and built into their salary.

> just like full time employees are considered 12
> month/260 day contracts. Except teacheing is not
> a 9 to 5 job.

People who work at real jobs would love to have 2 weeks off every month, snow days and then 3 months a year.

I'm lucky if I can take TWO WEEKS of vacation every year.

Quit your complaining about not enough pay. Teachers barely do any work during a year.

Posted by: Libtardz!!! LoLz!! ()
Date: February 03, 2016 01:37PM

If FCPS wasn't spending so much time and energy worrying about trannies maybe they would have better rankings.

Posted by: Dale ()
Date: February 03, 2016 02:08PM

Deep! Wrote:
> FFX Suck Wrote:
> -----
> > Well the new rankings are out and once again
> FFX
> > county schools suck and lose to other school
> > systems in the area.
> >
> > 1 Arlington County Public Schools
> > 2 Falls Church City Public Schools
> > 3 Loudoun County Public Schools
> > 4 Fairfax County Public Schools
> > 5 Albemarle County Public Schools
> > 6 Charlottesville City Public Schools
> > 7 Alexandria City Public Schools
>

You do know no one else is getting raises either and continue to do their jobs, Right?

Posted by: CRY ME A RIVER!!! ()
Date: February 03, 2016 02:11PM

Dale Wrote:
> Deep! Wrote:
> -----
> > FFX Suck Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Well the new rankings are out and once again
> > FFX
> > > county schools suck and lose to other school
> > > systems in the area.
> > >
> > > 1 Arlington County Public Schools
> > > 2 Falls Church City Public Schools
> > > 3 Loudoun County Public Schools
> > > 4 Fairfax County Public Schools
> > > 5 Albemarle County Public Schools
> > > 6 Charlottesville City Public Schools
> > > 7 Alexandria City Public Schools
> >
> an
> cuts
>
> You do know no one else is getting raises either
> and continue to do their jobs, Right?

Barely work every year and get a full pension at close to full salary you they retire.

They want more money???????????

Date: February 03, 2016 02:17PM

CRY ME A RIVER!!! Wrote:
> Deep! Wrote:
> -----
>
> > FCPS teachers are under a 10 month/190 day
> > contracts. FCPS holidays and vacations are
> part
> > of their contract and built into their
> salary.

> > just like full time employees are considered 12
> > month/260 day contracts. Except teacheing is
> not
> > a 9 to 5 job.
>
> People who work at real jobs would love to have 2
> weeks off every month, snow days and then 3 months
> a year.
>
> I'm lucky if I can take TWO WEEKS of vacation
> every year.
>
> Quit your complaining about not enough pay.
> Teachers barely do any work during a year.

For one, i'm not a teacher. I am one of those 12 month contracts, and most of us are underpaid. I could go out in the private sector and make at least 50% more doing the same job, the reason i don't is the benefits and retirement package which i'm already half the way to. I'd be shooting myself in the foot if left now. I'm actually happy where i'm at personally, i just see these things with an open mind unlike you haters.

You can have your "real job" job but i will take the "real career" over a simple job any day. Teaching is not a job but a career choice. They may get off for summer but they whether you believe it not spend a lot of their personnal time doing their work etc. Teach is a very under rated profession and your ignorance just proves that point even more so

Date: February 03, 2016 02:19PM

Dale Wrote:

>
> You do know no one else is getting raises either
> and continue to do their jobs, Right?

and your point? no on says no one is not doing their job because of no raises. They just leave and go elsewhere for the higher pay. It is called being competitive with your surrounding jurisdiction. If you are getting paid substantially less than you would in the county next to you, would you switch and leave your current job? this is the issue right now with FCPS their pay is not competitive anymore and good teachers are leaving and the substandard ones are coming.

Date: February 03, 2016 02:20PM

>
> Barely work every year and get a full pension at
> close to full salary you they retire.
>
> They want more money???????????

when you do a job that a teacher has to do, than you get the right to say your bullshit. Until then you have no clue

Posted by: you're correct ()
Date: February 03, 2016 02:25PM

Deep! Wrote:
> Except teacheing is not
> a 9 to 5 job.

Yeah, it is 8-3 or 9-4 or 7:30-2.

Date: February 03, 2016 02:29PM

you're correct Wrote:
> Deep! Wrote:
> -----
> > Except teacheing is not
> > a 9 to 5 job.
>
> Yeah, it is 8-3 or 9-4 or 7:30-2.

you simply stated school office hours for ES/MS/HS, yet no real clue how it all works.

Date: February 03, 2016 02:30PM

Deep! Wrote:
> you're correct Wrote:
> -----
> > Deep! Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Except teacheing is not
> > > a 9 to 5 job.
> >
> > Yeah, it is 8-3 or 9-4 or 7:30-2.
>
>
> you simply stated school office hours for
> ES/MS/HS, yet no real clue how it all works.

not to mention still got the actual times incorrect

Posted by: you're correct ()
Date: February 03, 2016 02:38PM

Deep! Wrote:
> Deep! Wrote:
> -----
> > you're correct Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Deep! Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Except teacheing is not
> > > > a 9 to 5 job.
> > >
> > > Yeah, it is 8-3 or 9-4 or 7:30-2.
> >
> >
> > you simply stated school office hours for
> > ES/MS/HS, yet no real clue how it all works.
>
> not to mention still got the actual times
> incorrect

Times are approximations. Only some anal retentive autistic freak would point that out.

As for actual work, I know I have attempted to see my child's teacher both before and after school and she was not there both times. In fact, when I pick up my son, I usually see the teacher leaving in her car before some of the buses.

Date: February 03, 2016 02:41PM

you're correct Wrote:
> Deep! Wrote:
> -----
> > Deep! Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > you're correct Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Deep! Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > Except teacheing is not
> > > > > a 9 to 5 job.
> > > >
> > > > Yeah, it is 8-3 or 9-4 or 7:30-2.
> > >
> > >
> > > you simply stated school office hours for
> > > ES/MS/HS, yet no real clue how it all works.
> >
> > not to mention still got the actual times
> > incorrect
>
>
> Times are approximations. Only some anal
> retentive autistic freak would point that out.
>
> As for actual work, I know I have attempted to see
> my child's teacher both before and after school
> and she was not there both times. In fact, when I
> pick up my son, I usually see the teacher leaving
> in her car before some of the buses.

you may actually be one of those unlucky parents who has a substandard teacher because the good one that she replaced now works for another surrounding school system.

one bad apple should not reflect on the rest.

Posted by: Jackasses galore ()
Date: February 03, 2016 02:58PM

The real bad apples are the ones in here complaining. Put them in front of a typical 4th grande class, and I doubt that they'd last until lunch,

Posted by: p.p.p ()
Date: February 03, 2016 03:03PM

Jackasses galore Wrote:
> The real bad apples are the ones in here
> complaining. Put them in front of a typical 4th
> grande class, and I doubt that they'd last until
> lunch,

Especially when they can't even parent their own fourth grader.

Posted by: VYKTp ()
Date: February 03, 2016 03:21PM

Hey, the illegal rat and roach offspring mexicunts running around FFX co need to have teachers focused on making sure that they get the bare minimum to pass the SOL, they don't have time to teach anything.

What's wrong with you? Celebrate diversity!

Date: February 03, 2016 03:23PM

Jackasses - I think you are correct. We underestimate the skills of experienced, good teachers, of which there are many in FCPS.

PPP, I could parent my own fourth grader (at least the results 15 years later make it appear so), but I could not successfully teach a 4th grade class. That's ok by me - I just don't have those kind of skills, especially the inclination towards patience. But given this, I must give respect to those who can teach. This attitude also makes for a good relationship with teachers - and helps to avoid being a helicopter parent - as opposed to one who wants to help where needed.

Again, we would all benefit if we could talk openly about the source of our recent challenges. And hint...it is not the teachers

Posted by: PmpUH ()
Date: February 03, 2016 03:26PM

I wonder how schools would do at the state/county level if the federal level US Department of Education employees were all summarily shot, and DOE building were burned to the ground. Maybe let the states manage things.

Posted by: MadStephen ()
Date: February 03, 2016 03:46PM

Sigh...You're 100% accurate about the demographic issue. The amount of money spent on social services and special instruction for those kids is exorbitant. What's worse, the instruction quality for other kids falls off because the teachers have to do special lessons for non-English speakers sometimes. I have a kid in 2nd grande and they told me the teacher gives the english speakers work and then has to do lessons in Spanish. That essentially halves the contact time the teacher has with the students.

Posted by: FcpsFcps pays little ()
Date: February 03, 2016 04:34PM

Of course FCPS is not as good. All the good teachers go to other counties. I worked 5 years for FCPS, now I work in Arlington. I'm not going to stay in Fairfax and make $300,000 less. Who would give up hundreds of thousands of dollars to stay in Fairfax.

Posted by: Bring our $$$ back from Richmond ()
Date: February 03, 2016 04:45PM

Given that its Richmond that's keeping most of our state tax dollars, I'd rather have a higher proportion of those dollars spent here.

The sooner we get rid of the GOP gerrymandering that ties up the state and locks it into some ALEC fantasy the better we'll be

I don't understand why NoVa paying the taxes and working the long hours but RoVa is getting the benefits

The NoVa representatives should get off their asses and repatriate our money back from Richmond so that it can be spent on the roads and schools here

Posted by: Tell The Truth LIARS ()
Date: February 03, 2016 05:02PM

>what do you expect after being underfunded for an entire decade

NO What do you expect with thousands of Illegal children who can't speak English are way behind and lower scores, Send um back to Latin American where they belong. And since that wont happen get in touch with reality and screw BS scores or rankings. Liberals wanted the situation they created. So Live with it.

Theres not enough money in the world to piss away what liberals want to do with "Other Peoples" money.

>The NoVa representatives should get off their asses and repatriate our money back from Richmond so that it can be spent on the roads and schools here

The people here need to turn Fairfax County into a City and keep much of that money FXCO sends to Richmond, Just like The City of Va. Beach and many others do. 1.1 million people with a BOS Form of government designed for rural counties. Again Liberals reap what they sow.

Date: February 03, 2016 05:14PM

If we are going to start "telling the truth" let's start with the fact that the problem with illegals sprang from the desire of business interests for low cost labor. It is only after they started sucking up governmental resources that they became a problem for most conservatives.

And are you serious about that become a city idea? Most of the imbalance comes from the very large amount of state income taxes paid by wealthier Northern Virginia residents. That money goes to the state whether Fairfax is a city or a county. Now I believe being a city would allow Fairfax to impose a meals tax without having to submit it to voters for approval. Is that what you want?

Posted by: Read Up Bill On Virginia Cities ()
Date: February 03, 2016 06:46PM

Cities in Virginia keep much more revenue then meals taxes.There's hotel taxes,and more. A big reason Va Beach became a city a long time ago. Look how many hotels and motels there are in Fairfax County today.

Many counties in Virginia have become cities. Why is Alexandria a City??

So Fairfax County, Why not become a city? As said 1.1 million people and a outdated form of government that was good when Fairfax County had 200 thousand people. But not today Bill , the county is huge with NO One in Charge. Sharon Bulova has only 1 vote on the BOS. And they have to bicker to get things done, like firing some one. Every county agency has their pals on the BOS.. No ones really in charge. And Ed Long has to try please them all.

With a city you have a Mayor who can hire and fire. The city council approves the budget and passes local laws. But day to day operations are the Mayors responsibility.

But forget just a Meals tax , either go all the way and become a city or forget it.

Bill N. The reasonable Bill for Mayor of Fairfax County City..!

Your Pal DAJAX

who does not hate illegals, but really just wants the border CLOSED! There here, no ones sending them back, unless they break the law, but enough is enough.

Posted by: wTNdy ()
Date: February 03, 2016 06:57PM

Count The Days Wrote:
> Deep! Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > The kids are in school their required 990 hours
> of
> > education every single year
>

Yes they are IN school for 990 hours. But the last 4 - 5 weeks post SOL is pissed away with the kids watching movies and doing basically nothing. Close to 15% of the instructional time just wasted. Children watching children.

Posted by: pNxUj ()
Date: February 03, 2016 07:38PM

The assholery here suggest teachers are not paid enough. God speed to you fuckers.

Posted by: Lolsville ()
Date: February 03, 2016 07:40PM

More bacon! Wrote:
> Deep! Wrote:
> -----
> an
> cuts
>
> Well, the thing that really screwed FCPS in these
> rankings was the "Food" category. We did as well
> as or better than other ranked systems in
> academics, teachers, outcomes, and stuff like
> that, but somehow we got a crappy B-minus in
> "Food" which really dragged us down. Go figure.

That is actually hilarious....hahaha.

Posted by: Pay Me Mo ()
Date: February 03, 2016 07:56PM

You FFX schmucks keep paying those taxes on those over valued shacks you sleep in.

I want a raise, step increase, and more teacher "work days." He he he

If you spent as much time with your brats as I do, you'd be throwing money at me.

Posted by: more bullshit excuses ()
Date: February 03, 2016 08:11PM

Deep! Wrote:

What do you expect after redirecting money for an entire decade to pay fired principals and do-nothing administrators to sit at Gatehouse.

The FCPS War on Fairfax County continues.

Posted by: cognitively limited ()
Date: February 03, 2016 08:19PM

it is not the teachers Wrote:

>
> Fairfax has demographic problems. They are not
> unique, but let's quit pretending that bringing in
> thousands and thousands of cognitively limited
> immigrants from in many cases dysfunctional
> backgrounds is not going to significantly impact
> the schools.

> And this is the rub behind Garza's latest budget
> request. The immigrant students require a vast
> social network, well beyond basic instruction.
> That is what she wants us to pay for - again - if
> honestly presented - I get it. The reason why so
> many are nervous is that if the social costs are
> honestly presented, there will be groundswells of
> resentment against our immigration policies....and
> that I can understand.
>

Cognitively limited illegals. Who woulda thunk?

That must be why the parents of these poor creatures fill the county jail, suck our welfare system dry, and commit more than half the crimes in Fairfax County.

Posted by: So Very True ()
Date: February 04, 2016 02:55AM

MadStephen Wrote:
> Sigh...You're 100% accurate about the demographic
> issue. The amount of money spent on social
> services and special instruction for those kids is
> exorbitant. What's worse, the instruction quality
> for other kids falls off because the teachers have
> to do special lessons for non-English speakers
> sometimes. I have a kid in 2nd grande and they
> told me the teacher gives the english speakers
> work and then has to do lessons in Spanish. That
> essentially halves the contact time the teacher
> has with the students.

I was going to mention the same thing. Too many "special needs" students is requiring for way too many specialists to be hired. In many cases, those "specialists" are making more than your average classroom teacher.

I'm surprised Gatehouse wasn't mentioned yet. They (all the administrators there) must have some influence in the decline in the rankings for Fairfax.

Posted by: Queen Sharon ()
Date: February 04, 2016 04:12AM

I don't care what happens to schools, just so long as we welcome illegals to overrun the county. Illegals, and the loyal votes they bring to the DNC, are pretty much all that matter to me. You taxpaying parents and teachers should STFU and embrace diversity!

Posted by: blanche ()
Date: February 04, 2016 06:54AM

So what would we call the city, if Fairfax County becomes a city?

Fairfax County City? Fairfax City?

There's already a City of Fairfax.

Posted by: Gerrymeander ()
Date: February 04, 2016 06:57AM

blanche Wrote:
> So what would we call the city, if Fairfax County
> becomes a city?
>
> Fairfax County City? Fairfax City?
>
> There's already a City of Fairfax.

The Fairfax NWO would seem appropriate. Or, the International Republic of Fairfax.

Date: February 04, 2016 07:16AM

more bullshit excuses Wrote:
> Deep! Wrote:
> -----
> an
> cuts
>
> What do you expect after redirecting money for an
> entire decade to pay fired principals and
> do-nothing administrators to sit at Gatehouse.
>
> The FCPS War on Fairfax County continues.

there is no fact to your statement so no real response coming

Date: February 04, 2016 07:22AM

wTNdy Wrote:
> Count The Days Wrote:
> -----
> > Deep! Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > > The kids are in school their required 990
> hours
> > of
> > > education every single year
> >
>
> Yes they are IN school for 990 hours. But the
> last 4 - 5 weeks post SOL is pissed away with the
> kids watching movies and doing basically nothing.
> Close to 15% of the instructional time just
> wasted. Children watching children.

i will disagree with this, as i stated previously i work for the system and am in out of many of these schools every single day and i do not see what you state to be true. Maybe the the very last week of schools, yes but not the last 4 to 5 weeks as you are over exagerating. SOLS do not even start until 4 to 5 weeks before end of school

SOL usually start in the second week of May and the last schools to complete the testing is usually around June 10th. Which leaves about a week and a half afterwards before school ends. Some teachers may have the kids watch movies but others may actually try something fun but still instructional in nature. Remember it all depends on if you have a sub standard teacher or not. If you have a sub standard teacher than blame the pay gap between surrounding counties. There are teachers leaving to neighboring counties that make 20k more a year. you would leave too.

Posted by: Queen Sharon ()
Date: February 04, 2016 09:11AM

It's good to be queen! I'm inviting tens of thousands of illegals to Fairfax and am sticking sucker taxpayers with the bill! AHAHAHAHA!

Posted by: That's really dumb ()
Date: February 04, 2016 09:52AM

cognitively limited Wrote:
> That must be why the parents of these poor creatures fill the
> county jail, suck our welfare system dry, and commit more than
> half the crimes in Fairfax County.

None of that is true. What is true is that you are a hapless tool and sucker for the vile hate-group lobby of nativists and white-boy racists that drive the anti-American right-wing.

Posted by: Dr. Beaker ()
Date: February 04, 2016 10:11AM

Gerrymeander Wrote:
> The Fairfax NWO would seem appropriate. Or, the
> International Republic of Fairfax.

Beware. The above is an example of what an uncontrolled case of mind-numbing stupidity can do to you. Like the flesh-eating MRSA bacteria, we don't yet have a vaccine for advanced paranoid dumbshittedness, so it has to be caught and treated in its early stages. Plainly, this did not happen in the case of this unfortunate poster.

Posted by: wjc9e ()
Date: February 04, 2016 10:25AM

Deep! Wrote:

>
> i will disagree with this, as i stated previously
> i work for the system and am in out of many of
> these schools every single day and i do not see
> what you state to be true. Maybe the the very
> last week of schools, yes but not the last 4 to 5
> weeks as you are over exagerating. SOLS do not
> even start until 4 to 5 weeks before end of
> school

SOL window this year is May 17 - June 7. That's 6 weeks before the end of school. While the testing window is 3 weeks, most of those tests in my experience are given in the final two weeks of May, before Memorial Day. That leaves a full 4 weeks after Memorial Day to do...nothing.

Your position is that "maybe" the last week of school is wasted? Seriously? I saw exactly 1 teacher, a brilliant 3rd Grade AAP teacher, have a wonderful year end science project in which the kids transformed the classroom into an ocean in the last few weeks of school. It was great, and it was a singular experience unfortunately. 4 weeks of no scripted curriculum, no teaching to the test - do whatever you want with the kids...FCPS teacher reaction is to stick a movie in the DVD player. Professionals.....pfffft.

Date: February 04, 2016 10:56AM

wjc9e Wrote:
> Deep! Wrote:
>
> >
> > i will disagree with this, as i stated
> previously
> > i work for the system and am in out of many of
> > these schools every single day and i do not see
> > what you state to be true. Maybe the the very
> > last week of schools, yes but not the last 4 to
> 5
> > weeks as you are over exagerating. SOLS do not
> > even start until 4 to 5 weeks before end of
> > school
>
> SOL window this year is May 17 - June 7. That's 6
> weeks before the end of school. While the testing
> window is 3 weeks, most of those tests in my
> experience are given in the final two weeks of
> May, before Memorial Day. That leaves a full 4
> weeks after Memorial Day to do...nothing.
>
> Your position is that "maybe" the last week of
> school is wasted? Seriously? I saw exactly 1
> teacher, a brilliant 3rd Grade AAP teacher, have a
> wonderful year end science project in which the
> kids transformed the classroom into an ocean in
> the last few weeks of school. It was great, and
> it was a singular experience unfortunately. 4
> weeks of no scripted curriculum, no teaching to
> the test - do whatever you want with the
> kids...FCPS teacher reaction is to stick a movie
> in the DVD player. Professionals.....pfffft.

SOL period actually starts May 9th and ends june 10th. I'm sitting here looking at the schedule now.

I never said some teachers don't waste the time, but not all of them do. In fact i would say most of them try to do something constructive. We all know thought from when we were kids and were finished with our finals for the year that the rest of our time that year was a joke. I agree schedule changes could be made to remedy this, but you will always have some lag time after the final tests until the year actually ends

Posted by: a touchy question ()
Date: February 04, 2016 11:02AM

Of the school districts on the upswing, how many of them…

1) Use Boosterthon?

2) Hire Flip Flippen?

3) Pay their superintendent a $2200/month housing allowance?

4) Hire Eric Jensen?

5) Have working lunches at the local version of Sea Pearl?

Could a pattern be emerging here?

Posted by: Day at the zoo ()
Date: February 04, 2016 11:04AM

Deep! Wrote:
> i will disagree with this, as i stated previously i work for
> the system and am in out of many of these schools every single
> day and i do not see what you state to be true. Maybe the very
> last week of schools, yes but not the last 4 to 5 weeks as you
> are over exaggerating. SOLS do not even start until 4 to 5 weeks
> before end of school

The stupids are reacting to the spin that surrounded the handful of optional extra days that were added to the calendar in years gone by when snow-days went beyond the allowed levels. This of course had nothing at all to do with FCPS which was simply complying with established state mandates. But when you are stupid, you say and do stupid things. That's just the nature of the thing.

Posted by: Stifle yourself, meathead ()
Date: February 04, 2016 11:18AM

a touchy question Wrote:
> Of the school districts on the upswing, how many
> of them…
> 1) Use Boosterthon?
> 2) Hire Flip Flippen?
> 3) Pay their superintendent a $2200/month housing allowance?
> 4) Hire Eric Jensen?
> 5) Have working lunches at the local version of Sea Pearl?
> Could a pattern be emerging here?

The pattern here is that you are forever ONE BIG GASEOUS GIANT ASSHOLE. Every one of these other school systems has fund-raisers, speaker programs, highly compensated top management (at least by public sector standards), and have both in-house and off-campus staff meetings. That's the way the world works, moron. Sadly, your sorry-ass excuse for a brain does not work at all. You are nothing but an ongoing example of what a colossally worthless stupid dumbfuck looks and sounds like!

Date: February 04, 2016 11:25AM

Stifle yourself, meathead Wrote:
> a touchy question Wrote:
> -----
> > Of the school districts on the upswing, how
> many
> > of them…
> > 1) Use Boosterthon?
> > 2) Hire Flip Flippen?
> > 3) Pay their superintendent a $2200/month
> housing allowance?
> > 4) Hire Eric Jensen?
> > 5) Have working lunches at the local version of
> Sea Pearl?
> > Could a pattern be emerging here?
>
> The pattern here is that you are forever ONE BIG
> GASEOUS GIANT ASSHOLE. Every one of these other
> school systems has fund-raisers, speaker programs,
> highly compensated top management (at least by
> public sector standards), and have both in-house
> and off-campus staff meetings. That's the way the
> world works, moron. Sadly, your sorry-ass excuse
> for a brain does not work at all. You are nothing
> but an ongoing example of what a colossally
> worthless stupid dumbfuck looks and sounds like!

i couldn't have said it better, may have used a few less offensive words but that is just me :P

Posted by: Sanctuary County ()
Date: February 04, 2016 11:41AM

That's really dumb Wrote:
> cognitively limited Wrote:
> -----
> > That must be why the parents of these poor
> creatures fill the
> > county jail, suck our welfare system dry, and
> commit more than
> > half the crimes in Fairfax County.
>
> None of that is true. What is true is that you
> are a hapless tool and sucker for the vile
> hate-group lobby of nativists and white-boy
> racists that drive the anti-American right-wing.

You ignore reality. Sheriff Kinkaid just briefed the BoS that the jail population increase is ALL due to the illegal immigrant population.

Date: February 04, 2016 12:01PM

Bill N. I agree that conservative business interests desired the cheap and relatively unregulated (makes it even cheaper) labor that obtains with relatively uncontrolled illegal immigration.

I also think that progressives desire the votes that can accrue, because giving out lots of social benefits to people from countries who have corrupt leaders who care not about their people is a great way to attract voters (over time) in this country.

But the prior political motivations are not relevant. What really matters is what is happening today.

Educators have a real problem, because they are being called upon to deliver any number of social services as opposed to merely teaching. This is not their fault, but it is folly to think they will remain as effective as they should be at teaching while at the same time being compelled to perform a significant social work function for which they are not entirely trained. Throw the cognitive limitations in the mix, and it is not an environment centered around success.

This is the problem when teaching runs head on into social justice warrior fandom. Something has to break. Of course, this statement may be taken as unkind by progressives, but really, it is pro teacher, and in my view, realistic.

In any event, whatever role conservative business interests have played in this mess, it should not prevent an even handed and tough minded discussion over the problem.

Posted by: Stifle yourself, Vienna Guy LOL ()
Date: February 04, 2016 01:29PM

>The pattern here is that you are forever ONE BIG GASEOUS GIANT ASSHOLE

>You are nothing but an ongoing example of what a colossally worthless stupid dumbfuck looks and sounds like!

>Sadly, your sorry-ass excuse for a brain does not work at all

Ya its the "Pattern of "Vienna Guy" "Worlds Greatest Spokesman for the Left".

And he probably has someone in his family sucking down big bucks at Gatehouse The Sorry Hack.

Sorry he does not invite Illegals to his house on Sundays to eat chicken dinner with him. Just another Liberal hypocrite. The school budget needs a trimming of a couple hundred million dollars, that's being squandered.

Date: February 04, 2016 01:59PM

If you are looking for someone to say that the surge of immigrant children (let's set aside the illegal aspect of it) are not stressing our school system, if you are looking for someone to say that forcing schools to take on responsibilities of providing social services beyond mere education is not adversely affect the quality of education, you are not going to hear that from me. That is part of what I meant when I said "FCPS...is overstressed by the demands put on it."

What I am mostly taking issue with is the notions of simplistic causes and easy solutions. My ideological side is guilty of this, but so is the other...and so is the school system and so are the teachers. I am sorry to put your group in the cross-hairs it is not the teachers. I am not saying teachers are lazy, incompetent or overpaid. However cutting class sizes and raising teacher pay is going to mean squeezing more money out of some other very important local government functions such as police, fire, jail, courts, parks, libraries and road repairs that have already been extremely hard hit by prior budget cuts.

Posted by: objection123 ()
Date: February 04, 2016 02:21PM

On what planet does anyone think real conservatives have ever supported illegal immigration? Sure, the GOP establishment which may have some tangential overlap with conservatives does support illegal immigration. But I don't know many if any true conservative grassroots activists that have ever supported illegal immigration. Thus the birth of the Tea Party.

Date: February 04, 2016 02:41PM

"On what planet does anyone think real conservatives have ever supported illegal immigration?"

Ask the Koch Brothers.

Posted by: IN OTHER WORDS ()
Date: February 04, 2016 02:56PM

Deep! Wrote:
> Stifle yourself, meathead Wrote:
> -----
> > a touchy question Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Of the school districts on the upswing, how
> > many
> > > of them…
> > > 1) Use Boosterthon?
> > > 2) Hire Flip Flippen?
> > > 3) Pay their superintendent a $2200/month
> > housing allowance?
> > > 4) Hire Eric Jensen?
> > > 5) Have working lunches at the local version
> of
> > Sea Pearl?
> > > Could a pattern be emerging here?
> >
> > The pattern here is that you are forever ONE
> BIG
> > GASEOUS GIANT ASSHOLE. Every one of these
> other
> > school systems has fund-raisers, speaker
> programs,
> > highly compensated top management (at least by
> > public sector standards), and have both
> in-house
> > and off-campus staff meetings. That's the way
> the
> > world works, moron. Sadly, your sorry-ass
> excuse
> > for a brain does not work at all. You are
> nothing
> > but an ongoing example of what a colossally
> > worthless stupid dumbfuck looks and sounds
> like!
>
> i couldn't have said it better, may have used a
> few less offensive words but that is just me :P

"Stifle" and "deep" don't know if the other districts are as fiscally imprudent as Fairfax!

Date: February 04, 2016 03:01PM

IN OTHER WORDS Wrote:
> Deep! Wrote:
> -----
> > Stifle yourself, meathead Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > a touchy question Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Of the school districts on the upswing, how
> > > many
> > > > of them…
> > > > 1) Use Boosterthon?
> > > > 2) Hire Flip Flippen?
> > > > 3) Pay their superintendent a $2200/month
> > > housing allowance?
> > > > 4) Hire Eric Jensen?
> > > > 5) Have working lunches at the local
> version
> > of
> > > Sea Pearl?
> > > > Could a pattern be emerging here?
> > >
> > > The pattern here is that you are forever ONE
> > BIG
> > > GASEOUS GIANT ASSHOLE. Every one of these
> > other
> > > school systems has fund-raisers, speaker
> > programs,
> > > highly compensated top management (at least
> by
> > > public sector standards), and have both
> > in-house
> > > and off-campus staff meetings. That's the
> way
> > the
> > > world works, moron. Sadly, your sorry-ass
> > excuse
> > > for a brain does not work at all. You are
> > nothing
> > > but an ongoing example of what a colossally
> > > worthless stupid dumbfuck looks and sounds
> > like!
> >
> > i couldn't have said it better, may have used a
> > few less offensive words but that is just me :P
>
> "Stifle" and "deep" don't know if the other
> districts are as fiscally imprudent as Fairfax!

so you have nothing real to say yourself so go the hey let's try and insult their intelligence route?

proves how smart you are and what little you really know

Posted by: I know one thing for sure ()
Date: February 04, 2016 03:07PM

Too much tax money is being wasted by FCPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bilnkoch ()
Date: February 04, 2016 05:16PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> "On what planet does anyone think real
> conservatives have ever supported illegal
> immigration?"
>
> Ask the Koch Brothers.

The Koch Bros are billionaire corporate goons. Not exactly what I would call grass roots conservatives. Their political dollars go a lot of places.

Posted by: dlxg4 ()
Date: February 04, 2016 09:25PM

Deep! Wrote:
> wjc9e Wrote:
> -----
> > Deep! Wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > i will disagree with this, as i stated
> > previously
> > > i work for the system and am in out of many
> of
> > > these schools every single day and i do not
> see
> > > what you state to be true. Maybe the the
> very
> > > last week of schools, yes but not the last 4
> to
> > 5
> > > weeks as you are over exagerating. SOLS do
> not
> > > even start until 4 to 5 weeks before end of
> > > school
> >
> > SOL window this year is May 17 - June 7. That's
> 6
> > weeks before the end of school. While the
> testing
> > window is 3 weeks, most of those tests in my
> > experience are given in the final two weeks of
> > May, before Memorial Day. That leaves a full 4
> > weeks after Memorial Day to do...nothing.
> >
> > Your position is that "maybe" the last week of
> > school is wasted? Seriously? I saw exactly 1
> > teacher, a brilliant 3rd Grade AAP teacher, have
> a
> > wonderful year end science project in which the
> > kids transformed the classroom into an ocean in
> > the last few weeks of school. It was great,
> and
> > it was a singular experience unfortunately. 4
> > weeks of no scripted curriculum, no teaching to
> > the test - do whatever you want with the
> > kids...FCPS teacher reaction is to stick a
> movie
> > in the DVD player. Professionals.....pfffft.
>
> SOL period actually starts May 9th and ends june
> 10th. I'm sitting here looking at the schedule
> now.
>
> I never said some teachers don't waste the time,
> but not all of them do. In fact i would say most
> of them try to do something constructive. We all
> know thought from when we were kids and were
> finished with our finals for the year that the
> rest of our time that year was a joke. I agree
> schedule changes could be made to remedy this, but
> you will always have some lag time after the final
> tests until the year actually ends

Actually, you're both wrong. The state window for SOL tests is April 11 to June 24. The schools each choose their own window within that timeframe. If your school is making your kids take SOLs in early May, that's a discussion you need to be having with your administration.

My school finishes SOLs the first week of June. That gives them one week afterward to do remediation, expedited retakes, and retakes for kids who were absent followed by one week to pack all the shit up and send it to the state. If your kids aren't doing any work in their classes after the SOL test then, again, this is something that you should be discussing with the administration at your school. My students continue to work after they take their test. My principal encourages it and walks around to make sure it's happening.

Date: February 05, 2016 10:58AM

Bill N - I am not a reflexive supporter of teachers. By way of example, it is hard to argue that the teachers in Chicago (or at least their union) are not making a miserable situation even worse.

But in Fairfax teachers are not the problem. I think this unassailable, but some might disagree.

Illegal immigration is the problem. Yes, illegal immigration, because legal immigration historically brings people with far different goals, motivations and skills than those here illegally.

I don't care about the politics. I care about facts. There is little question that in a knowledge based economy our current immigration policy, or lack thereof, will have a significant impact on productivity and will cause those who produce to give ever more for a safety net - and the safety net might not be very effective or have many truly salutary aims. Not a happy picture.

I am not sure I agree in total with articles like the one below, especially because I don't buy the view that teachers unions are the boogeyman the right makes them out to be. Cognitively limited students are the problem, harsh or not.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/283071/closing-achievement-gap-reihan-salam-tino-sanandaji

Note the point to be made, however, is that demographic impacts are real, and will continue to be. And having the discussion about cognitive differences are essential to discerning any fundamental, or correct approach to solving the challenges. Of course, having that discussion in the schools gets an educator fired, but perhaps we can move to being more open at some point soon.

Date: February 05, 2016 11:30AM

> Actually, you're both wrong.

actually not, SOLS affect everything i do and have to pay attention to the dates and schedule my projects around to not affect them. The schedule is tacked to my desk. T

he official start of MASS SOL testing is not until May 9th. The dates prior to the 9th are for students that have special needs, such as ones that cannot use a computer and must use paper/pencil or some other documented need such as an ability test etc.
These are very few at a time and does not affect the access to an entire building. The average student population will not begin to take their test until may 9th or later

Date: February 05, 2016 12:10PM

You say you don't care about the politics. Then you turn around and reference "illegal aliens" as if the fact they or their parents are here illegally is what is causing the problem for the schools. The problem is that you have a large and growing population of students for whom English is not their native language who are not adequately prepared to attend school and whose parents cannot or will not sufficiently assist in their education, and who the Supreme Court has said for a couple of decades that we are still obligated to educate and obligated to provide certain services. If we cannot agree on that, there really is no point in continuing the discussion.

Posted by: HFXGX ()
Date: February 05, 2016 12:18PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> You say you don't care about the politics. Then
> you turn around and reference "illegal aliens" as
> if the fact they or their parents are here
> illegally

____

illegal
[ih-lee-guh l]

adjective
forbidden by law or statute.
contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.:

____

alien
[eyl-yuh n, ey-lee-uh n]
noun
a resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization (distinguished from citizen ).

Is there anything more to discuss?

Date: February 05, 2016 12:35PM

You are overlooking the FACT that the U.S. SUPREME COURT has said for a couple of DECADES that 1) Local school systems are still obligated to teach students even if they or their parents are in the country illegally; and 2) The state and local governments have no legal authority to deport those who are in this country illegally.

You are also overlooking the fact that if all of these people came here legally, our schools would still have almost all the same problems that we have now.

So cut the nativist argument that you conservatives only recently discovered. Yes there is something else to discuss.

Posted by: American as apple pie ()
Date: February 05, 2016 01:12PM

Private schools get to pick and choose. Public schools don't. It's the same all over.

Posted by: Kvkcjkcc ()
Date: February 05, 2016 01:26PM

It's the whites and Asians that made FCPS great and earned its reputation.

I am a product of that old system and went on to Ivy League, etc.

Last week, I was stopped in front a school bus offloading on blake lane across from Oakton HS into those shitty townhouses, out walks 4 blacks, 5 sand niggers, 3 Mexicans and 2 white kids. And 1 black was attacking 1 one of black girls.

FCPS doesn't stand a motherfuckong chance now.

Posted by: Actually.... ()
Date: February 05, 2016 01:53PM

Oakton HS is on Sutton Road, not Blake Lane.

Posted by: corner lot ()
Date: February 05, 2016 02:53PM

Actually.... Wrote:
> Oakton HS is on Sutton Road, not Blake Lane.

But the bus wasn't on Sutton Road. It was on Blake Lane.

Posted by: ha ha ha hah ()
Date: February 05, 2016 05:41PM

it is not the teachers Wrote:
> It is not the teachers which are the cause of the
> problem - good ones deserve to get paid more than
> they do. Good ones have qualities many of us
> successful in industry would struggle to develop -
> particularly the practice of patience and empathy,
> and applying the correct "dose" of analytic
> intelligence to the situation.
>
> Teachers are not dumb; they are smart. The
> teacher licensure exams have made teachers part of
> the intelligentsia - maybe on the humble end - but
> intelligentsia nevertheless. This is of course
> why there are proportionately fewer minority
> teachers - they cannot pass the licensure exams,
> and ed schools accordingly limit their
> participation. In short, teachers are generally
> smart, and in fact, at the elementary level,
> significantly smarter than they need to be.
>
> There are certainly a few mediocre or bad
> teachers, but FCPS has quite a few good ones.
> Since many teachers are middle class white women,
> they are easily picked on, as they are viewed as
> "privileged" by progressive apparatchiks and as a
> power not to be reckoned with by conservative
> school reformers. Neither progressives or
> conservatives really understand the cognitive
> ability or I.Q. challenges, as progressives
> believe in more spending, and conservatives
> believe in merit pay, union reform, and the like,
> but that doesn't mean that the I.Q. driven
> problems are not real, as I explain below.
>
> Fairfax has demographic problems. They are not
> unique, but let's quit pretending that bringing in
> thousands and thousands of cognitively limited
> immigrants from in many cases dysfunctional
> backgrounds is not going to significantly impact
> the schools. Have we figured out what the right
> objectives are for nominally literate (in any
> language) kids from often difficult home
> situations with 75 I.Q's? Somehow I don't think
> meeting "proficient" on the No Child Left Behind
> "Kill and Drill" tests does much good for these
> kids (even for the few that make it). Yet we
> will spend an enormous amount of money in
> furtherance of this objective.
>
> This of course could be construed as an
> anti-immigration statement. Not so. We should
> just be honest over the significant amount of
> externalities and social costs which obtain.
> Schools in some areas of the county are already
> losing the middle class - the stanchion of
> virtually any decent public schools. I don't envy
> school leaders, who, after all, would get fired if
> they were publicly honest about the source of the
> difficulties.
>
> The really frustrating part for good teachers - of
> which there are many in FCPS - is that given the
> realities of large parts of the immigrant
> population - they can only make limited and
> incremental progress.
>
> And this is the rub behind Garza's latest budget
> request. The immigrant students require a vast
> social network, well beyond basic instruction.
> That is what she wants us to pay for - again - if
> honestly presented - I get it. The reason why so
> many are nervous is that if the social costs are
> honestly presented, there will be groundswells of
> resentment against our immigration policies....and
> that I can understand.
>
> Note at the end of day blaming teachers is
> inapposite. They are not the source of the
> problems.

This person is 100% spot-on. It does comes down to cognitive ability.

To blame the teachers is simply retarded. FCPS teachers are now working with morons from countries with an average IQ of 75 plus these kids have emotional & psychological problems.

If these kids had the required IQ, they would be absolutely no problem for Fairfax County teachers to bring up to speed.

I had a classmate from UCLA business school. He came to this country from China at age 15 speaking barely a word of English. In 10 years he was a venture capitalist at Warburg Pincus having completed his undergrad from UCLA, his MBA from UCLA and his Masters & PhD in Aeronautical Engineering from CalTech. His English had barely even a hint of a foreign accent and he never studied or went to any class. And he had a full-time engineering job at Boeing Phantom Works while getting his CalTech PhD. His dissertation was modeling explosions on commmercial airplanes. This is what you can do with a 160+ IQ even when you come to USA at age 15 without knowing any English. And his dad was a quadriplegic from a work accident in China and they were poor. It took him only 10 years to advance past 95% of the US population in wealth and education. 10 years.

Now these new kids FCPS is getting with the 75 IQ... Well, Good luck with that!!!

Posted by: Hee, hee, hee ()
Date: February 05, 2016 05:55PM

ha ha ha hah Wrote:
> Now these new kids FCPS is getting with the 75
> IQ... Well, Good luck with that!!!

If you took an IQ test in El Salvador, I doubt you'd score 5, much less 75.

Posted by: Sorry Bill ()
Date: February 05, 2016 10:11PM

>and reference "illegal aliens" as if the fact they or their parents are here illegally is what is causing the problem for the schools.

Its a HUGE Part of the problem, Illegals! In Schools and housing, hospital care..On and on, How about Jails? Don't Try to shill for these Illegals.

The other Huge part is that the schools squander money on positions No One Needs...Teacher Coaches??? Language class in elementary schools?? and Much more then we even know about!

Posted by: Ho, ho, ho ()
Date: February 06, 2016 01:34PM

The people who don't know are the people who don't care, or the people who are just too fucking stupid to understand any of it to begin with.

Meanwhile you've swallowed quite a lot of fabricated horseshit about illegals.

Posted by: Hey Hey Hey ()
Date: February 06, 2016 07:12PM

>Meanwhile you've swallowed quite a lot of fabricated horseshit about illegals.

No the truth hurts with Liberals.

And you have eaten at the trough of Illegal Love Bullshit since you don't think there's any problem with Illegals in FXCO. Go take a tour of the Fairfax ADC. For stupid people like you that's the County Jail.

How many bills have I received in my mail box with Jose's name on it for medical care! No Jose at my address.

All for Votes For Hillary you shameless fool who's Ok with the ruination of FCPS, FXCO and The Nation .

Posted by: uTWcH ()
Date: February 07, 2016 08:34AM

FCPS built a great school system when we were a white and Asian population, with a few blacks thrown in who benefited because they were few in number and could receive the individual attention needed. Over-generalization for sure, but the truth.

The immigrant community fucked this all up because as their numbers swelled their special needs overwhelmed what could be provided.

Fairfax County today is what Long Island was 15 years ago.

It's getting worse, folks.

Did anyone notice the recent increase in private/parochial schools building expansions and new facilities? That's not just because of population growth. People with means are escaping from public schools, and taking their high-achieving students with them.

Date: February 07, 2016 10:13AM

Hey Hey Hey Wrote:
> No the truth hurts with Liberals.

Truth is always welcome. Your pathetic ignorance is what's painful.

> And you have eaten at the trough of Illegal Love
> Bullshit since you don't think there's any problem
> with Illegals in FXCO. Go take a tour of the Fairfax
> ADC. For stupid people like you that's the County Jail.

Just got out, did you?

> How many bills have I received in my mail box with
> Jose's name on it for medical care! No Jose at my
> address.

Apparently a lot more than I do. I have NEVER received such a thing in the mail and I don't ever expect to. No doubt you will post many more lies, though. And do you believe as well that everyone whose first name is "José" is also an illegal? My God, but you are stupid!

> All for Votes For Hillary you shameless fool who's
> Ok with the ruination of FCPS, FXCO and The Nation.

Only citizens can vote, dummy. Except in local elections in a small but growing number of places.

Posted by: ^^^ Democrat Rant ()
Date: February 07, 2016 10:15AM

^^^ Another Democrat rant. No facts, just whine.

Posted by: Bwahahahahaha!!! ()
Date: February 07, 2016 10:18AM

^^^ Democrat Rant Wrote:
> ^^^ Another Democrat rant. No facts, just whine.

More facts than you could swallow. Try a dick instead, moron.

Date: February 07, 2016 10:22AM

uTWcH Wrote:
> Did anyone notice the recent increase in private/parochial
> schools building expansions and new facilities? That's not
> just because of population growth. People with means are
> escaping from public schools, and taking their high-achieving
> students with them.

Their choice. They still pay the same property taxes. They just pay and pay and pay for their kid's no better education someplace else.

Posted by: The Stupid Stay Stupid and Lie ()
Date: February 07, 2016 10:55AM

> How many bills have I received in my mail box with
> Jose's name on it for medical care! No Jose at my
> address.

Apparently a lot more than I do. I have NEVER received such a thing in the mail and I don't ever expect to. No doubt you will post many more lies, though
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its very true, I have received at least 2 dozen medical bills all with different Spanish names, as well as all kinds of other paper sent to my address and thousands in NOVA have had the same. Go to hell you Liar.

Posted by: Happens ()
Date: February 07, 2016 11:19AM

lol, my sister had a baby she didnt know about at Fairfax.

Posted by: Bwahahahahaha!!! ()
Date: February 07, 2016 11:24AM

The Stupid Stay Stupid and Lie Wrote:
> Its very true, I have received at least 2 dozen
> medical bills all with different Spanish names, as
> well as all kinds of other paper sent to my
> address and thousands in NOVA have had the same.
> Go to hell you Liar.

Just more grade school fucking bullshit. Go make up some more pathetic garbage and try to pass that off as well.

Posted by: Kids these days... ()
Date: February 07, 2016 11:26AM

Happens Wrote:
> lol, my sister had a baby she didnt know about at Fairfax.

Are you sure it wasn't a lobotomy?

Posted by: by the numbers ()
Date: February 07, 2016 11:38AM

Ho, ho, ho Wrote:
> uTWcH Wrote:
> -----
> > Did anyone notice the recent increase in
> private/parochial
> > schools building expansions and new facilities?
> That's not
> > just because of population growth. People with
> means are
> > escaping from public schools, and taking their
> high-achieving
> > students with them.
>
> Their choice. They still pay the same property
> taxes. They just pay and pay and pay for their
> kid's no better education someplace else.

FCPS average SAT score 1663
Diocese of Arlington average SAT score 1705

Posted by: Jesus says... ()
Date: February 07, 2016 11:55AM

by the numbers Wrote:
> FCPS average SAT score 1663
> Diocese of Arlington average SAT score 1705

Your SAT score = 503. The latter are private sectarian schools, dumbfuck.

Date: February 07, 2016 12:06PM

Jesus says... Wrote:
> by the numbers Wrote:
> -----
> > FCPS average SAT score 1663
> > Diocese of Arlington average SAT score 1705
>
> Your SAT score = 503. The latter are private
> sectarian schools, dumbfuck.

Umm, no. You must be a product of FCPS.

https://www.arlingtondiocese.org/catholicschools/school_stats.aspx#SAT

Posted by: O'Connell grad ()
Date: February 07, 2016 12:12PM

by the numbers Wrote:
> Ho, ho, ho Wrote:
> -----
> > uTWcH Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Did anyone notice the recent increase in
> > private/parochial
> > > schools building expansions and new
> facilities?
> > That's not
> > > just because of population growth. People
> with
> > means are
> > > escaping from public schools, and taking
> their
> > high-achieving
> > > students with them.
> >
> > Their choice. They still pay the same property
> > taxes. They just pay and pay and pay for their
> > kid's no better education someplace else.
>
> FCPS average SAT score 1663
> Diocese of Arlington average SAT score 1705

Pwnd!

Posted by: Typical Liberal Liar ()
Date: February 07, 2016 12:24PM

Posted by: Kids these days... ()

Date: February 07, 2016 11:26AM

Happens Wrote:
> lol, my sister had a baby she didnt know about at Fairfax.

Are you sure it wasn't a lobotomy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They never can stand the truth as they are pathological liars . Thousands have had bills sent to them with Spanish names, and the Illegal's presence is having a affect on schools in Fairfax as well as many other school districts.

Date: February 07, 2016 12:35PM

by the numbers Wrote:
> Umm, no. You must be a product of FCPS.

Umm, Assfuck. ALL schools run by the Diocese of Arlington are sectarian schools. Do you not know what the word means?

Posted by: Sister Mary Juanita ()
Date: February 07, 2016 12:46PM

O'Connell grad Wrote:
> Pwnd!

That'll be ten Hail Mary's each night for a week. Bring out the beads!

Date: February 07, 2016 12:49PM

Jesus says... Wrote:
> by the numbers Wrote:
> -----
> > Umm, no. You must be a product of FCPS.
>
> Umm, Assfuck. ALL schools run by the Diocese of
> Arlington are sectarian schools. Do you not know
> what the word means?

The word sectarian isn't really appropriate when describing the American Catholic Church or the schools within the Diocese. Only someone who is an anti religious bigot would use the term.

Look, you had the facts get in the way of your tired meme. It happens to most idiots from time to time.

Date: February 07, 2016 12:54PM

Typical Liberal Liar Wrote:
> Thousands have had bills sent to them with Spanish names

No, they haven't. This is bullshit manufactured by/for grade-school-equivalent dumbos.

> ...and the Illegal's presence is having a affect on schools
> in Fairfax as well as many other school districts.

And directly or indirectly, they all pay the same property taxes that everyone else does and so have every right to enroll in and attend their local public schools.

Date: February 07, 2016 12:58PM

by the numbers Wrote:
> The word sectarian isn't really appropriate when describing
> the American Catholic Church or the schools within the Diocese.

Do you suppose that they are NON-sectarian? Please!!!

> Only someone who is an anti religious bigot would use the term.

Anyone with even a single grain of sense would use the term.

> Look, you had the facts get in the way of your tired meme.
> It happens to most idiots from time to time.

You're an utter moron! Go pray to the saints that you might one day become enlightened, but don't expect them to actually do much on your behalf.

Date: February 07, 2016 01:27PM

Jesus says... Wrote:
> by the numbers Wrote:
> -----
> > The word sectarian isn't really appropriate when
> describing
> > the American Catholic Church or the schools
> within the Diocese.
>
> Do you suppose that they are NON-sectarian?
> Please!!!

Sectarianism denotes a promotion of bigotry and hatred. Much like the attitude you present here.

> > Only someone who is an anti religious bigot
> would use the term.
>
> Anyone with even a single grain of sense would use
> the term.

You clearly have no sense which is why you've been made to look so foolish here.

> > Look, you had the facts get in the way of your
> tired meme.
> > It happens to most idiots from time to time.
>
> You're an utter moron! Go pray to the saints that
> you might one day become enlightened, but don't
> expect them to actually do much on your behalf.

I'd pray for you, but you're clearly a list cause.

I have an idea though. How about instead of engaging in a juvenile and fussy diatribe about the Catholic Church you actually address the disparity in performance between those educated in Catholic schools and those educated in FCPS? You can start with the Catholic Schools better performance on SATs.

It is obvious with all your tangential nonsense that you are running away from that very simple and obvious fact. You can start with simply admitting its veracity.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.