HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
has there ever been a serial killer in fairfax or nova?
Posted by: curious.... ()
Date: July 03, 2009 08:26PM

has there ever been a serial killer in fairfax or nova? i've never really heard of anything other than the dc sniper

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: has there ever been a serial killer in fairfax or nova?
Posted by: LuLu ()
Date: July 03, 2009 08:35PM

Yeah, there was one in the early 70s in Arlington County. He lived in a crappy apartment off of Columbia Pike, around Four Mile Run. Apparently he killed prostitutes and dumped their bodies in the ditches off of Eisenhower Avenue. All I know about it is what my older relatives have told me. I'm sure if you dug around on Google for a while you could come up with something about it.

Date: July 03, 2009 09:01PM

Does the DC sniper count?

Posted by: LuLu ()
Date: July 03, 2009 09:46PM

Weren't they more like mass murderers?

Posted by: Sniper Sucked ()
Date: July 03, 2009 10:22PM

Yeah, I thought of the sniper right away too. It think that counts.

Posted by: Chase ()
Date: July 03, 2009 10:31PM

There was a serial killer who dumped bodies in Reston\Great Falls area back in the 60's. The bodies were dumped off Reston Ave(now Reston Pwy) between Rt 606 and Rt 7,North Point Village area. The serial killer was never caught. He killed young women.

Re: need to build a sonic in the area
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 03, 2009 10:36PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 07:17AM by WingNut.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: July 03, 2009 10:45PM

The snipers were the definition of spree killers.

Posted by: 703-4-Life ()
Date: July 03, 2009 11:58PM

DC Area Sniper?

Posted by: Sniper Sucked ()
Date: July 04, 2009 08:15AM

703-4-Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DC Area Sniper?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltway_sniper_attacks

Posted by: Mozart ()
Date: July 04, 2009 01:00PM

Monte Rissell (who grew up in Falls Church and Alexandria) in the early 70s. His first victim was a prostitute, but the others were not.

Posted by: Client Nine ()
Date: July 04, 2009 02:49PM

Alfredo R. Prieto

Date: July 05, 2009 09:01AM

I once at a box of Honey Bunches of Oats in one day... Does that count?

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 05, 2009 09:46AM

46166571-superbowl-rings-1987-washington

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2015 01:51PM by WingNut.

Posted by: miss ()
Date: July 06, 2009 03:49PM

Mozart Wrote:
> Monte Rissell (who grew up in Falls Church and
> Alexandria) in the early 70s. His first victim
> was a prostitute, but the others were not.

Posted by: miss ()
Date: July 06, 2009 03:50PM

I went to school at TC Williams with Monte... We had no idea he was doing these murders... He seemed to be normal, had a girlfriend and we hung out at lunch.

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: July 06, 2009 10:31PM

Wow, I never heard of any of these serial killers! Learn something new every day, I guess!

I do know that there's a serial DRUNK, right here on FFXU. Multiple DUIs, anger issues, sexual depravity..the list goes on.

Does that count?

Posted by: Ron ()
Date: July 19, 2009 06:28PM

Monte Rissell did not live in crappy apartments. He lived in nice, newer apartments that were built around 1969. As someone else posted, he did not kill prostitutes. He did not know the first woman was a prostitute, she just unfortunately was unlucky enough to be going to or from her apartment when he was there - when he was planning his latest of rapes he had been committing since he was 14.

Posted by: Jones ()
Date: July 20, 2009 01:28AM

Prieto was a piece of shit, he got life for that Arlington killing, and was on death row in California. I didn't understand the reason behind sendin him to VA if he was on death row in Cali already. Did Fairfax gave him Life or the needle?

Posted by: Goon ()
Date: July 20, 2009 05:57AM

Prieto got 2 death sentences for the 88 Fairfax Killings. He already had death in California but I think his conviction was in 2008, so hell prob be spending 5-8 years atleast stealing the taxpayers money before they execute him.

Need information on Monte Rissel please contact me
Posted by: Tron ()
Date: January 17, 2010 09:09AM

My aunt was one of Monte Rissel victims. She was a post office worker. My family doesnt talk about it much but i would like to know more about this guy Monte Rissel. If you have any info please contact me. My email is Haveen95@yahoo.com or you can reach me at (757)371-3034. Thank you

Posted by: 70 yr old women ()
Date: January 17, 2010 11:12AM

There is still the unsolved murders of the three (aged 70) women residing near Springfield / Annandale. The first two that were murdered in their homes months apart had been to different Giant Food Stores in the mid morning.

These women lived alone & police assumed that each must have known the perp./murderer because there wasn't a forced entry.

The 3rd woman that was murdered a year later, had a very unique ring stolen.
If the same person killed all three women, he would be a serial killer.

He tended to target women in their seventies.
Does anyone else recall the details?

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov
News Release:

Posted by: haiku hacker ()
Date: January 17, 2010 11:15AM

Me like cereal
Fairfax serial killer
I can't say I am

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: January 17, 2010 12:22PM

DC Snipers doesn't count. They weren't based out of Fairfax County or Virginia. They were mainly in Maryland.

Posted by: lac ()
Date: January 17, 2010 07:16PM

BUNNYMAN

Date: January 17, 2010 07:40PM

The Bunnyman pales in comparison to the MOTHMAN!

Posted by: Lisk & Silva Murders ()
Date: January 17, 2010 08:48PM

In 2001, three different girls were murdered. Kidnapped first from their homes and then murdered.

This serial killer had some disgusting rituals.
It didn't happen in Fairfax, but close enough. The girls lived in Fredericksburg.

Posted by: djfoss ()
Date: January 17, 2010 11:50PM

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Hadden Clark:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadden_Clark

I thought he lived in Arlington but maybe just MD. Saw something on Court Tv (tru tv) about him. For a time he lived in the woods near an onramp/interchange where he buried at least one victim.

Coincidentally I saw what looked like a hobo camp yesterday near just off an i66 onramp area. Confirmed it on bing maps, its totally camo on google maps. Its a small shack built in the middle of an an onramp loop. Don't really want to give the location cuz I doubt they're hurting anybody, I used to see someone walking in the area in the mornings, so started looking for it. I'm not sure if they're even inhabiting the thing anymore. But, the dude looked pretty shady so maybe we got a live one.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: January 18, 2010 08:34AM

djfoss Wrote:
> I'm surprised nobody mentioned Hadden Clark:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadden_Clark

Number of victims: 	2-3
Span of killings: 	May, 1986–1992

totally weak.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: January 18, 2010 09:05AM

Ummmm...Cho maybe??!!!

Posted by: Dernagol ()
Date: January 18, 2010 02:19PM

The fucker in DC that killed children, cooked them, and ate them...

I think they made a movie about it... some dude in like the 1950's or the 60's.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: January 18, 2010 06:11PM

Stinkfist Wrote:
> Ummmm...Cho maybe??!!!

i think you have to go to different places and/or times in order for it to be serial. i would think cho did some parallel killings.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: January 18, 2010 07:13PM

I think Cho would be considered a spree killer. Serial killers usually have one victim at a time over an extended period.

Blessed are the murderous.

Date: January 19, 2010 04:16AM

Cho def was a spree killer, but I thought you were automatically coined as a serial killer if you killed 3+. This is just a guess though.

Posted by: info ()
Date: January 19, 2010 07:55AM

Cho is a mass killer (3+) not a serial killer, in addition Blacksburg is not NOVA or Fairfax...

Date: January 19, 2010 10:55PM

He's from NoVa. Went to High school at Westfield.

Date: January 19, 2010 11:07PM

I ate a box of Honey Bunches of Oats in a 24 hour period when I was fresh out of college.

Posted by: curious...(The OP) ()
Date: January 19, 2010 11:29PM

ahaha i started this thread months ago and just checked ffxu for the first time in forever and one of my topics is at the top haha

lots of good answers, thanks for the input!

Posted by: NGJ ()
Date: January 20, 2010 11:01AM

LuLu Wrote:
> Yeah, there was one in the early 70s in Arlington
> County. He lived in a crappy apartment off of
> Columbia Pike, around Four Mile Run. Apparently he
> killed prostitutes and dumped their bodies in the
> ditches off of Eisenhower Avenue. All I know about
> it is what my older relatives have told me. I'm
> sure if you dug around on Google for a while you
> could come up with something about it.

I remember this. They caught this dumbshit after 3 killings because he left a credit card receipt in a plastic bag he used to suffocate/strangle one of the prostitutes. Most of the killings took place near or in the apartment at Glebe and 24th S Rds.

Posted by: lynn ()
Date: May 23, 2010 04:04AM

I have lived in NoVA all my life and unfortunately knew Monte Rissell. I was best friends with his older sister and let me tell you....her little brother Monte was not right when he was a kid.
He killed 5 women after his girlfriend broke up with him. He raped his next door neighbor when he was 14/15 and put into a dention home for years. I was out one night at the old bar Louie's Rock City and ran into Michelle and stayed and hung out and partied with her. Monte showed up later getting into fights and up to this day I always say that the look in his eyes was like Charles Manson's crazy look.
His sister gave me a ride home and I was in the back with others including Monte who was sitting next to me. He got into a fight at a stop light and he acted insane all night long. Needless to say the murders had already been going on and I was sitting next to him. He had already killed 3 women and none of us knew it and there I was sitting next to him.
When it was announced on tv that they had caught the serial killer but were not yet releasing his name I said to the few people I was with that it was Monte Rissell and a few days later I was called being told I was right and how did I know. It was just a guess but I have to tell you all...that look in his eyes was what really told me and the way he acted that night.
THe thing is I was good friends with his sister and knew him. I always knew there was something not right with him long before he even raped his neighbor. I was spending the night with his sister and Monte was there and wouldn't leave us alone. He kept picking on me and got physical and started like hitting on me and finally it turned to wrestling. He got me on the floor and pinned my arms with his knees and took his hands around my neck and banged my head on the floor and kept tightening his grip around my throat. Luckily I have a temper and caught him offguard and got him off me and needless to say I never spent the night there again and I always was very cautious of him from that point on. I just knew that there was something not right with him.
How I knew it was Monte when the police caught him??? I don't know, I just knew. Of course it was very sickening to me to figure out that I was sitting next to him in the car getting a ride home and he had already killed 3 women. It still makes me sick and turns my stomach. He had an older brother also that worked at the bowling alley in Annandale and many years later I was there with my then husband bowling and when I went to get my shoes I just said, you are Monte Rissell's brother. He did not answer me and didn't like it that I said that. He wouldn't say anything either. I guess he didn't want to acknowledge any part of him.
It gives me the creeps to type this up and think about it all again. I don't know what prison Monte is in and have not seen his brother or sister again. I know his sister was married and after runnign into her at the bar never saw her or heard from her again. They both probably just want to forget about him being a part of their lives. I don't know. I just cannot imagine.
There was also a mass murder in the mid 70's in Alexandria at the Roy Roger's. The guy made all the workers who were there get into the freezer and he killed them all there and robbed the place. I believe he was from some place near the Shenadoah Valley. I can't remember what his name was but I was right near there at the McDonald's smoking pot in the parking lot with some friends sitting on our cars and never heard or saw a thing. We were surprsied we didn't hear the gun shots since we were so close as it was right across the street and katty corner to the Roy's. THank God none of the people I knew or myself were ever a part of these insane murders. Just even typing this all up makes me shake all over and think how lucky we all were. It is a crazy world.

I wrote this stuff for the person who said that Monte killed their aunt. I don't know if there is more info you would want but that is about all I can give. I don't know what prison he is in or how long he got but I don't think he got the death penalty. He should have. If your aunt truly was one of the women I am truly sorry. He was a sick kid. I don't know what happened to him but he sure wasn't right.

Posted by: Plz ()
Date: May 23, 2010 09:17AM

Tits or gtfo

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: May 23, 2010 10:46AM

Not to derail the thread, but in looking into nova serial kilers, I found this serial killer. Pretty freaky. Looks like this guy or guys is still operating, and has been for 30 + years (I-45 Murders):

http://psu-sk.tripod.com/frames/contents.html

Posted by: Same situation ()
Date: May 23, 2010 11:01AM

lynn Wrote:
and he had already killed 3 women. It still makes me sick and turns my
stomach. It gives me the creeps to type this up and think about it all again.
Just even typing this all up makes me shake all over and
think how lucky we all were.

My feelings exactly. When this thread got bumped in January I read about Debardleden and realized I was his listing agent on his house in Arlington. He kept insisting on going out to dinner to celebrate the sale. Glad I didn't go.
His hobby was killing realtors.

Posted by: don't forget ()
Date: May 23, 2010 11:13AM

Doesn't 9/11 count? That was mass murder by a group of serial killers.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 23, 2010 11:38AM

don't forget Wrote:
> Doesn't 9/11 count? That was mass murder by a
> group of serial killers.

LMAO What does 9/11 have to do with serial killers in Fairfax? And no, they weren't serial killers, they were terrorists.

Posted by: Same Situation ()
Date: May 23, 2010 10:02PM

trogdor! Wrote:
> Not to derail the thread, but in looking into nova
> serial kilers, I found this serial killer. Pretty
> freaky. Looks like this guy or guys is still
> operating, and has been for 30 + years (I-45
> Murders):
>
> http://psu-sk.tripod.com/frames/contents.html

Saw this on TV not to long ago. Quite a history without being caught.

Posted by: TCGrad ()
Date: May 28, 2010 09:25AM

I too went to H.S. with Monte Rissell and remember the chaos that his killings created. The entire cities of Alexandria and Fairfax were on Alert, women with "yellow" cars were told to be extra careful (not sure why just remember it). Monte was a sick individual whose actions I believe were nutured by his Mother, she would often entertain men while in the presence of Monte. It was rumored that his hatred for women steemed from his relationship with his mother who obviously didn't care what kind of a monster she was creating. I'm not sure what prison he's in but I do know he received 5 consecutive Life sentnces w/o any chance for parole. May his victims rest in peace and hopefully the Good Lord will help their relatives. The above info. was patially obtained from Newspapers and word of mouth.

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: May 28, 2010 09:53AM

I didn't find him on the Virginia Department of Corrections web site,

http://www.vadoc.state.va.us/offenders/, but you can always make contact with the Department via e-mail or telephone.

I wonder if he has been moved to another state, died, or changed his name.

Perhaps he uses another name.

Posted by: Schoolkid ()
Date: May 28, 2010 10:22AM

Monte Rissell's family used to live in Falls Church before they moved to Alexandria. His mom worked as a cashier at the Safeway at the corner of Columbia Pike and Lincolnia Rd. She was actually always nice but maybe he was around some strange stuff as a kid. I remember that he showed up at school in 1st or 2nd grade with flowers for a girl in the class, and everyone thought it was awkward/weird. I'm sure the girl shudders to think about it now if she knows what he did later.

Posted by: google ()
Date: May 28, 2010 12:54PM

I was googling Monte Rissell and came upon this site www.skcentral.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=5&thread_id=113 , man reading the stuff on their gave me shivers! some sick fucks in there

Date: May 29, 2010 09:34AM

I did some searching and found that Montie Rissell is in Augusta Correctional Prison in Craigsville Va. I'm sure "Bubba" is a "close" friend. These types of criminals are the lowest of the lowest in prison life and are treated as such....

Posted by: sentinel2478 ()
Date: August 27, 2010 01:10AM

Don`t worry about Mr. Rissel. I work at the facility where he is kept and trust me he is going nowhere......... ever.

Posted by: who cares what my name is ()
Date: January 20, 2011 08:48AM

His name is spelled Montie, not Monte, which is why you're not finding him in the VA prison inmate lookup.
Anyway. I went to school with this guy too. My Hammond and TC Williams yearbooks are long gone but here's a picture from my 8th grade yearbook circa 1973.
Attachments:
tn_1.JPG

Posted by: darted ()
Date: January 20, 2011 12:34PM

I LIKE CAKE

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: January 20, 2011 01:54PM

To clarify:

A serial killer kills multiple victims over a long period of time according to a certain modus operandi, and kills so satisfy a psychological need. Example: Jeffrey Dahmer.

Mass murder is a large body count at once, or in a really short amount of time, such as that Cho guy.

A spree killer travels around and kills a couple people at a time in a relatively short span. The two from "Natural Born Killers" would be a good example of that.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: whocareswhatmynameis ()
Date: February 24, 2011 12:45PM

@ MrMephisto...
To further clarify your point, to be labeled a serial killer, one must have at least 5 "kills".

Posted by: Alexandria Guy ()
Date: February 24, 2011 03:18PM

I grew up in Alexandria and knew Montee well - he was in several of my classes and we played youth baseball together. When all of these murders were taking place in 1976 /1977 nobody thought that it was one of our classmates that was responsible. Anybody who says they knew it was him is full of shit - he was your typical rowdy teenager of the 70s but nobody had him pegged as a mass murderer . Another interesting fact is that he lived two buildings down from James Breeden and he was close to Breedens son [kenny Langley] -for those unaware of James Breeden he was convicted in 1977 for the infamous Roy Rogers freezer murders. He went to rob the fast food establishment and ended up putting 5 employees in the walk-in frezer and shot each in the back of the head . Due to the low temps in the freezer one woman lived and was able to id the shooter. Breeden died recently in prison after getting 5 life sentences. Back to the Montee Rissell case- The night the police found one of the buried bodies [ across from James Polk Elementary School] we were all playing basketball - Montee was a regular player at that court and i believe was there playing hoops the previous day - Alexandria was an interesting place to grow up in during the 60s/70s

Posted by: Stones ()
Date: February 24, 2011 03:28PM

Rosie Gordon in 1987? She was a little girl who was killed and found dead in Burke. I think she was abducted walking to school. They thought that Melissa Brannen's killer could be the same guy. Also, maybe those sisters in Spotsylvania and m/b the Route 29 stalker/killer as some more recent attacks. I'm pretty sure he was never caught and even if the Rosie Gordon killer was only responsible for that death, he for sure would have also killed elsewhere. It was a kiddie rape/kill so she doesn't tell thing and those guys always attack more than once.

Posted by: stones ()
Date: February 24, 2011 03:38PM

Yeah, the Marion Newman and Marion somebody else. My wife used to be one of their neighbors. Older women who lived alone. The means of death has never exactly been released and is just "upper body trauma". I guess they are keeping this secret and it's something only the killer would know. I was actually interviewed by the detectives. I work with someone who was a suspect at one point but I knew he was not responsible. There was another guy who lived in the area and was later found squatting in an abandoned house less than a mile from where they were both last seen (Bradlick shopping center in Annandale). This guy had broken into a bunch of houses in the area and had Mental Health issues. I reported it to the tip line but obviously, if it was him, these cases wouldn't still be open. Still though, maybe. He's in jail now for the break-ins.

Posted by: TheCult ()
Date: February 24, 2011 04:01PM

There are serial killers all around, but the information is being withheld from the public.
They are harboured and helped while trafficking thru in the area by a religious cult of satan worshippers pretending to be Christian followers of God operating the TLC at 3220 old lee highway, fx, va.
Find out more, go to the search mode right here on fxunderground, type in:

The Lamb Center

and then press search and read on.

Or simply pan down to the thread site:

The Lamb Center 3220 Old Lee Highway, FX, Va.

and enjoy. Hope you sleep well tonight!

Posted by: Stones ()
Date: February 24, 2011 04:09PM

Dude, stick to your crazy ass topic. You are a fucking lunatic and we're all fed up with your non-sensical rants on the Lamb Center.

TheCult Wrote:
> There are serial killers all around, but the
> information is being withheld from the public.
> They are harboured and helped while trafficking
> thru in the area by a religious cult of satan
> worshippers pretending to be Christian followers
> of God operating the TLC at 3220 old lee highway,
> fx, va.
> Find out more, go to the search mode right here on
> fxunderground, type in:
>
> The Lamb Center
>
> and then press search and read on.
>
> Or simply pan down to the thread site:
>
> The Lamb Center 3220 Old Lee Highway, FX, Va.
>
> and enjoy. Hope you sleep well tonight!

Posted by: Walker Fairfax ()
Date: February 25, 2011 07:40AM

So you work at Augusta?

I don't think so

Re: has there ever been a serial killer in fairfax or nova? Posted by: sentinel2478 ()
Date: August 27, 2010 01:10AM

Don`t worry about Mr. Rissel. I work at the facility where he is kept and trust me he is going nowhere......... ever.

Offender Locator Search Results
Search Result: 1 Match Found Offender Name: Rissell, Montie Ralph
DOC Number: 1113794
Inmate Number: 113155
Race: White

« New Search
These records are updated once per day. Information is subject to change without notice. For assistance, please contact the Offender Management Unit.

Posted by: sudnova ()
Date: February 25, 2011 09:36AM

The guy who killed the Lisk sisters in Spotsylvania was caught - it was Marc Evonovitz. He also killed sofia Silva. His M.O. was to target teenage girls who were home alone after school. He'd follow the school bus and then kidnap them out of their front yard at gunpoint.

After the Silva murder the local detectives had it pinned on a thief who lived in her neighborhood. Then the Lisk murders happened and everyone knew something was up. The investigators went back and found out the DNA tests were screwed up and that the same guy had killed all three girls.

Of course everyone in Fredericksburg was completely freaked out and they had the cops following all the buses, and the ones that weren't followed by the cops were being followed by armed parents.

Evonovitz worked at Kaiser Compressors which is near Shannon Airport. Everyone thought the killer was driving a pickup truck with a camper top, but Evonovitz had a Camaro. At some point after the Lisk murders he skipped town and moved to Florida.

That's where he eventually got caught. His last victim managed to escape from his apartment and summon the police. He ate his gun after a police chase rather than be captured.

Posted by: YourProtecter ()
Date: March 16, 2011 08:53AM

I see this peice of low life shit almost everyday. I also work at Augusta . That scum bag is alive and well and without a care in the world. But trust us when we say "COCKSUCKER" isn't going anywhere. Ans he isn't the tough guy you people have made him out to be. He is a little pod bitch and a plumber. He does what he is told and when he is told .

Posted by: still missing her, still in pain ()
Date: April 02, 2011 09:40AM

and not a day goes by without thinking about her and missing her. She was kind and gentle. She had her whole life ahead of her. The world was her oyster until the event that robbed her of her life. On her 17th birthday, she donated blood because that's how old you have to be. She had hopes and dreams and a budding career. She never harmed anyone in her whole life.

For those of you who say you work in the prison, I hope you are for real since he is up for parole every year and every year my family is re-traumatized in a way, although we remain strong and all live productive relatively well-functioning lives despite the horror we have suffered in the knowledge and pain of our loved one's brutal and senseless death.

To those calling the victims prostitutes, please stop. My sister definitely wasn't, she was college educated, successful and gifted. However, the rape and killing of any human being should not be trivialized, regardless of their status in life.

For haveen95@yahoo.com who is looking for info: we will call you or email ASAP.

MONTIE RALPH RISSELL may you feel for eternity what I have felt my whole life times a billion. That is a fate worse than the death penalty I assure you.

Thank you to whoever started this thread and for everyone's responses. Although it has been hard, I have benefited.

- Still Grieving

Posted by: Cathy ()
Date: April 19, 2011 11:30AM

Wow Lynn - back then, I was a young married girl that just got married, and my husband and I were very good friends with Monti's brother Harold. Monti's Mother worked at Safeway with my Father, and. . . I too had stopped by the Roy Rogers the night of the murders. You and I probably knew each other! When my girlfriend and I got to Roy Rogers, we figured by the timing, the people were probably already in the freezer because the place seemed to be all locked up. We were supposed to stop there earlier that night, but got sidetracked (Luckily!) or we would have probably been victims too. The Monti Rissell murders were such a shock to our group of friends, not because we didn't think Monti could have done it, but because we new his family and at the time, were very close to Harold. When my husband and I saw Harold on the news after they caught Monti, we could hardly breathe. Monti was a real weirdo and we couldn't figure out what was wrong with him because the rest of the family were "normal". Both of these murders have haunted me all these years.

Posted by: DC Gal ()
Date: April 19, 2011 01:23PM

after reading this thread (its quite interesting) I was wondering what Montie (or Monte) looked like, so I googled him and found no photos. I did read somewhere where he was Black. is this true? the old yearbook pic doesnt look like a black kid, he looks phillipino or something.
can someone confirm?

and, to answer the original poster, there are TONS of serial killers amongst us, especially in our DC/NoVA/MD area. We just dont really pay attention to the different murder cases that are never solved, but more than likely a few are linked to one person which makes them a serial killer. scary but very true. any Elliot in the morning listeners here? he had someone on the other morning who was an expert in this area and he was talking about this area and how there are a number of them amongst us.

Posted by: Lee ()
Date: April 19, 2011 01:50PM

DC Gal Wrote:
> after reading this thread (its quite interesting)
> I was wondering what Montie (or Monte) looked
> like, so I googled him and found no photos. I did
> read somewhere where he was Black. is this true?
> the old yearbook pic doesnt look like a black kid,
> he looks phillipino or something.
> can someone confirm?
>
> and, to answer the original poster, there are TONS
> of serial killers amongst us, especially in our
> DC/NoVA/MD area. We just dont really pay
> attention to the different murder cases that are
> never solved, but more than likely a few are
> linked to one person which makes them a serial
> killer. scary but very true. any Elliot in the
> morning listeners here? he had someone on the
> other morning who was an expert in this area and
> he was talking about this area and how there are a
> number of them amongst us.

Montie is white and if you Google his name+Alexandria Police you find a picture of Officers arresting him.
Dark hair, dark lifeless eyes, broad shoulders and short legs.

Posted by: DC gal ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:39PM

i just tried the search, couldnt find the pic. post a link if you can please. thanks

Posted by: Ryno78 ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:50PM

Not a serial killer but worth mentioning, Lorena Bobbit of Manassas can really kill an erection!

Posted by: nn ()
Date: April 23, 2011 08:05PM

testing

Posted by: One-Way ()
Date: April 24, 2011 07:10AM

DC gal Wrote:
> i just tried the search, couldnt find the pic.
> post a link if you can please. thanks

Here's a link to the picture

http://wpost.pictopia.com/u1/search/?searchtxt=80705&order=publication_date&date_how=+%3D+

Posted by: One-Way ()
Date: April 24, 2011 07:14AM

And here's the pic.
Attachments:
Montie.jpg

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 24, 2011 08:20AM

Anybody reemmber the murder of a girl whose car broke down at the 95/Fairfax County Pkwy interchange waaaaaaaaaaay back when it was Backlick Rd?

Did her killer ever get caught? Was that a serial killer?

Posted by: Bunny Fan ()
Date: April 24, 2011 06:53PM

I think the Bunny Man was a serial killer and there's a thread on him too.

Date: April 24, 2011 08:02PM

Click on this link and scroll down to Amy Baker (March 29,1989). Still unsolved.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/crime/unsolved-homicides/homicideunit.pdf

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> Anybody reemmber the murder of a girl whose car
> broke down at the 95/Fairfax County Pkwy
> interchange waaaaaaaaaaay back when it was
> Backlick Rd?
>
> Did her killer ever get caught? Was that a serial
> killer?

Date: April 24, 2011 08:09PM

The (1965)murder of Charles W. Fitzmaurice is still unsolved. The cops always suspected the wife. He could have been murdered as a spook. Did he work for the CIA?

GMU Hokie Wrote:
> Click on this link and scroll down to Amy Baker
> (March 29,1989). Still unsolved.
>
>
> http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/crime/unsolved
> -homicides/homicideunit.pdf
>
>
> Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Anybody reemmber the murder of a girl whose car
> > broke down at the 95/Fairfax County Pkwy
> > interchange waaaaaaaaaaay back when it was
> > Backlick Rd?
> >
> > Did her killer ever get caught? Was that a
> serial
> > killer?

Date: April 24, 2011 08:10PM

Alexandria Guy Wrote:
> I grew up in Alexandria and knew Montee well - he
> was in several of my classes and we played youth
> baseball together. When all of these murders were
> taking place in 1976 /1977 nobody thought that it
> was one of our classmates that was responsible.
> Anybody who says they knew it was him is full of
> shit - he was your typical rowdy teenager of the
> 70s but nobody had him pegged as a mass murderer .
> Another interesting fact is that he lived two
> buildings down from James Breeden and he was close
> to Breedens son -for those unaware of James
> Breeden he was convicted in 1977 for the infamous
> Roy Rogers freezer murders. He went to rob the
> fast food establishment and ended up putting 5
> employees in the walk-in frezer and shot each in
> the back of the head . Due to the low temps in the
> freezer one woman lived and was able to id the
> shooter. Breeden died recently in prison after
> getting 5 life sentences. Back to the Montee
> Rissell case- The night the police found one of
> the buried bodies [ across from James Polk
> Elementary School] we were all playing basketball
> - Montee was a regular player at that court and i
> believe was there playing hoops the previous day -
> Alexandria was an interesting place to grow up in
> during the 60s/70s

Montie buried none of his victims.

Date: April 24, 2011 08:23PM

Did James Breeden have a sons who attended Mark Twain School on Franconia Road in the late 1980s? I spent some time there and one kid named Breeden had terrible problems adjustingAlexandria Guy Wrote:
> I grew up in Alexandria and knew Montee well - he
> was in several of my classes and we played youth
> baseball together. When all of these murders were
> taking place in 1976 /1977 nobody thought that it
> was one of our classmates that was responsible.
> Anybody who says they knew it was him is full of
> shit - he was your typical rowdy teenager of the
> 70s but nobody had him pegged as a mass murderer .
> Another interesting fact is that he lived two
> buildings down from James Breeden and he was close
> to Breedens son -for those unaware of James
> Breeden he was convicted in 1977 for the infamous
> Roy Rogers freezer murders. He went to rob the
> fast food establishment and ended up putting 5
> employees in the walk-in frezer and shot each in
> the back of the head . Due to the low temps in the
> freezer one woman lived and was able to id the
> shooter. Breeden died recently in prison after
> getting 5 life sentences. Back to the Montee
> Rissell case- The night the police found one of
> the buried bodies [ across from James Polk
> Elementary School] we were all playing basketball
> - Montee was a regular player at that court and i
> believe was there playing hoops the previous day -
> Alexandria was an interesting place to grow up in
> during the 60s/70s

Posted by: Classmate of Kenny Dawson ()
Date: April 26, 2011 05:20PM

Arthur Goode - rot in hell.

A native of Hyattsville, Maryland, Arthur Goode was a victim of borderline retardation who still wore his hair in Little Lord Fauntleroy bangs at age 22. In his teens, Goode began making sexual advances to younger boys, quickly becoming notorious in his own neighborhood. Arrested three times for indecent assaults upon minors, he was freed each time when his parents posted bail. In March 1975, Goode was arrested on five charges of sexual assault, stemming from his abuse of a 9-year-old boy. His parents raised $25,000 to spring him from jail, but Arthur wasn't finished yet. While out on bail, he molested an 11-year-old, escaping with five years probation on the condition that he undergo voluntary psychiatric treatment at Spring Grove State Hospital. The key word was "voluntary," and no one could stop him when Goode checked out of the hospital fifteen weeks later, catching a bus for his parents' new home in St. James City, Florida. Despite warnings and the issuance of a bench warrant for his arrest, no one bothered to go after Goode and bring him back. On March 5, 1976, Goode lured 9-year-old Jason VerDow away from a school bus stop in Fort Myers, asking the child to help him "find something" in the woods nearby. "I told him he was going to die," Goode later confessed , "and described how I would kill him. I asked him if he had any last words, and he said, 'I love you,' and then I strangled him." Police soon recovered the body, nude but for stockings, and Goode was twice questioned as a suspect in the case. Growing nervous, he bused back to Spring Grove and dropped in at the state hospital, spending five minutes there before fleeing, convinced that a receptionist was calling the police. (In fact, the staff professed to have no knowledge of the outstanding arrest warrants.) Later that day, Goode picked up 10-year-old Billy Arthe, persuading the boy to join him in Washington, D.C., where they spent the next ten days touring the capital and sleeping in motels. Arthe was still with Goode, unharmed, on March 20, when they met Kenny Dawson, 11, and Goode talked the boy into joining them for a bus ride to Tysons Corner, Virginia. There, while hiking in the woods near town, Goode forced Dawson to undress, afterward strangling him with a belt while Billy Arthe looked on, horrified. Days later, a Falls Church housewife recognized Billy Arthe from newspaper photographs and summoned police. As he was handcuffed, Goode complained, "You can't do nothing to me. I'm sick." A Maryland jury disagreed, finding him sane and guilty of murder, whereupon the court imposed a life sentence. Packed off to Florida after his trial, Goode was there convicted on a second murder count and sentenced to die in the electric chair . He was electrocuted at Florida State Prison on April 5, 1984.

Posted by: TED ()
Date: May 10, 2011 09:23PM

The Fitzmaurice murder was interesting, I was on the rescue squad that took him to Fairfax Hospital. The wife never let them interview the son, who was 15 or so at the time. About five years later it occurred to me what had to have happened.

The kid took the gun around the house, rang the doorbell, and blew away the father.

Then he tossed the shotgun up onto the roof of the house, went back in the back door. Ta DA!

I mentioned this to a Fairfax County cop I knew and his response was OH SHIT!

Posted by: Tim wizard ()
Date: May 12, 2011 09:43AM

The Bunny Man didn't kill anyone...

Posted by: Tim wizard ()
Date: May 12, 2011 09:46AM

It is HIGHLY unlikely that Sean Fitzmaurice (Fitzmo) murdered his father. But we'll never have that answer will we? He has been dead himself for 15+ years...

Posted by: I scream for Ice Cream ()
Date: June 23, 2011 06:44AM

Here's a recent one...

Alfredo Prieto the Fairfax County serial killer
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/443568/444010.html

Posted by: cervus ()
Date: July 18, 2011 08:55PM

I knew Montie as child. I remember getting into a fight with him when he ripped off my marbles. I won the fight, but his older brother, Harold I believe, chased me a long way to my house where my older brother chased him away. Monte was short for his age and insecure. I believe when I went off Jefferson HS, he was not there. I went to Saint Anthonys through 8th grade so I did not know him in school. My impression was that his home life was not to good, though I can't recall anything specific. His neighbors, the York's went to my church, so I would run into him while visiting them.

Posted by: Arlingtonkid ()
Date: July 18, 2011 11:24PM

That sicko goode stayed at the hotel( I can't recall the name) across the street from the main gate of Fort Myer, which was just down the road from where we were living on Cleveland street. We neighborhood kids would visit the shopping center across from the hotel all of the time. It was pretty unsettling to learn later that such a sicko was roaming the area.

Posted by: pmk ()
Date: August 19, 2011 10:19PM

Yes, there was a serial killer in the 1970's. He was caught and serving 5 life sentences. His name Monte Ralph Rissell. You can read about him in Whoever Fights Monsters by Robert Ressler.

Posted by: PMK ()
Date: August 19, 2011 10:32PM

I was doing a google search on Montie and ran across this. I knew Montie and the family pretty well and never ever would think that Montie could do what he did. When his mother died of cancer, he attended the services with shackles,chains and a guard of both sides of him. He looked at me and I did not know this person. So weird. Have you read the book Whoever Fights Monsters by Robert K Ressler. Montie had his name in there a few times, more info I really did not know about. I guess the family was just full of secrets.

Posted by: PMK ()
Date: August 19, 2011 11:02PM

Read Whoever fights monsters by Robert K. Ressler and Tom Shachtman.

He is serving 5 life sentence and will never get out. I am so sorry for your loss. He was evil. I pray for your family.

Posted by: 703buwto ()
Date: August 20, 2011 09:43AM

Otis Toole and Henry Lee Lucas used to hang around the Fairfax County area, don't know if they killed anyone though

Posted by: Montie ()
Date: August 22, 2011 10:14AM

lots of people on here I never heard about. btw, i like that guys shirt

Posted by: raving ()
Date: August 22, 2011 04:49PM

Same situation:

Can you please say more about James Mitchell DeBardeleben...When did you have contact with him?...Which house of his did you list?

Are you aware that, although dead now, he may be considered a top suspect for having kidnapped, murdered the Lyon girls...

He was considered the greatest serial criminal in the history of America, and likely one of the top serial killers our country ever produced.

Any information you may have may help police close the Lyon sister case.

http://kidnappingmurderandmayhem.blogspot.com/2010/12/who-was-tape-recorder-man.html

Posted by: Diana ()
Date: September 02, 2011 01:28AM

This is for Lynn especially, but for everyone else who may have known Montie Rissell. Would you write me? Montie is now writing about his crimes, and has reached out to a friend, a former F.B.I. agent, who in turn reached out to me to put something together.
Thanks! my email is MiaOne28@aol.com

Posted by: Dane ()
Date: September 05, 2011 10:31AM

I remember something about a "red shoes" serial killer. . . . perhaps a story about the victims red shoes maybe triggering him to kill. . . . . and how they would find the shoes left near the crime scenes.

Posted by: John1315 ()
Date: November 06, 2011 11:14AM

What year and school is this from? I am almost sure I have this same yearbook. My mother knew Monte Rissell and said the same things about how she knew he wasn't right long before he was found out.

Posted by: John1315 ()
Date: November 06, 2011 11:24AM

cervus Wrote:
> I knew Montie as child. I remember getting into a
> fight with him when he ripped off my marbles. I
> won the fight, but his older brother, Harold I
> believe, chased me a long way to my house where
> my older brother chased him away. Monte was short
> for his age and insecure. I believe when I went
> off Jefferson HS, he was not there. I went to
> Saint Anthonys through 8th grade so I did not know
> him in school. My impression was that his home
> life was not to good, though I can't recall
> anything specific. His neighbors, the York's went
> to my church, so I would run into him while
> visiting them.

Maplewood Drive? My grandparents lived at 6433, next to the Yorks. I knew the Rissells lived near there but was a little younger than those kids. Apparently my mother and father knew them very well.

Date: December 01, 2011 09:36AM

Which agent is writting this book and WHY??

Date: December 07, 2011 03:24PM

Montie went to John Adams Middle School as then onto Hammond High School in Alexandria.
He was a classmate and neighbor and beat the hell out my friend walking home from school.
He lived with his Mother and a brother in Saxony Square Apts.

Oh the stories I know.

Posted by: TCGRAD ()
Date: December 11, 2011 08:18AM

If you played Baseball with Montie, then you also played it with me..... Yes MANY stories

Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog ()
Date: December 11, 2011 08:43AM

These are not serial killers from our area, but I'm sure this will make for interesting reading nonetheless.

Serial Killer News
http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller_news/2005/index.php

10 Lesser Known Serial Killers
http://listverse.com/2009/01/15/10-lesser-known-serial-killers/

List of Serial Killers and their locations
http://serialkillr.tripod.com/SerialKillersExposed/sknumber.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RICE Darrell David VA Manassas
Rice put on trial for Manassas abduction
http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller_news/R/RICE_darrell_david.php

The man prosecutors once pegged as the “Route 29 stalker” who terrorized much of central Virginia in early 1996 was on trial this summer in Manassas.

One night in February 1996, 38-year-old Carmelita Shomo was driving on Dumfries Road in Manassas, heading home from work.

A truck drove up behind her, flashing its lights. When Shomo pulled over, a man approached her and said there were sparks coming from under her car.

He offered her a ride, and she accepted.

Shomo got in his truck and the man drove off. Later, he pulled over to the side of the road and attacked her.

After a scuffle, Shomo was able to get free, though she caught her ankle in the truck’s seat belt and was dragged down the road before getting free.

The method of the abduction was eerily similar to the so-called “Route 29 stalker” who around the same time attempted to abduct up to 30 women along the Route 29 corridor from Charlottsville to Northern Virginia.

Authorities believe those abductions climaxed with the 1996 murder of 25-year-old Alicia Showalter Reynolds.

Darrell David Rice was arrested in 1997 for an attempted abduction in Shenandoah National Park, and was in jail when Shomo picked a photograph of him out of a police lineup and said he was the man who attacked her.

In 2004, Rice was indicted in Prince William County for allegedly attempting to abduct Shomo.

The Prince William County indictment came just after federal prosecutors dropped murder charges against Rice for two other 1996 murders in Shenandoah National Park. That case fell apart after DNA evidence seemed to exclude Rice.

When Rice was indicted in Prince William County, Commonwealth’s Attorney Paul B. Ebert said he believed Rice was the man responsible for the “Route 29 stalker” abductions.

But Rice’s defense attorneys pointed the finger at another man: suspected serial killer Richard Evonitz, who lived in Fredericksburg at the time of the “Route 29 stalker” abductions, and was later implicated in the killing of three young girls.

After numerous pre-trial hearings that covered every subject from hypnosis-induced testimony to what kind of truck Rice was driving at the time of the incident, the Rice trial started in August.

It was widely expected that prosecutors would try to peg him as the “Route 29 Stalker,” and Rice faced up to life in prison if convicted.

But from the opening bell of the jury trial, prosecutors narrowed the focus to the Carmelita Shomo incident and stayed away from the term “Route 29 Stalker.”

The main evidence offered against Rice was the testimony of Shomo, who pointed at him from the witness stand and said she was “100 percent sure” he was the man who attacked her.

But defense attorneys poked holes in Shomo’s testimony, pointing out that she may have previously implicated other men as being her attacker.

Though one juror said after the trial that there wasn’t enough evidence to convict Rice, the case never got that far.

Prosecutors cut a deal with Rice. He entered a guilty plea to one count of unlawful wounding, and in return was sentenced to time served.

Afterward, prosecutors said they made the deal to “get something” out of the case, and characterized Rice as a dangerous man.

Rice’s defense attorneys, who worked the case for free, saw it as long overdue justification for a man who had been wrongfully accused twice by prosecutors looking to get a conviction for unsolved cases.

Rice is scheduled to be released from jail to a halfway house midway through 2006, and completely released in 2007.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elton M. Jackson - The Hampton Roads Killer
http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkillers/J/JACKSON_elton_manning.php

Since the mid-eighties a number of homosexual men have abducted in and around the Norfolk area and their bodies dumped in the Chesapeake/Portsmouth areas. Chesapeake. Ten were strangled; the others were too decomposed to determine how they died. All but one were found nude. Many of the victims were gay, nearly all were drifters or transients and some were hustlers. Nearly all were last seen in or near gay bars in Norfolk or Portsmouth.

On March 5, 1998, Chesapeake Police Chief Richard A. Justice named Elton M. Jackson as the suspect in all 12 homicides by the "Hampton Roads Killer". Jackson, 41, was arrested in May, 1997. Jackson has only been charged with the July 1996 strangulation of Andrew "Andre" D. Smith in a case that court documents say is the most recent of the serial killings. Smith's body was found on the shoulder of a dead-end road in the Deep Creek section of Chesapeake. Court documents confirm that DNA testing showed that Jackson and Smith had sex hours before Smith's death.

The Chesapeake Police Department was the lead agency in the serial killer investigation until September, 1997, when the case was moved to Portsmouth based on evidence that the Smith killing apparently occurred in Jackson's Portsmouth home. Authorities never before named Jackson as the serial killer suspect, but also never ruled him out. FBI documents showed that a year ago the Feds believed Jackson was their killer and that they had suspected him previously. A letter to the FBI lab in August 1996 called Jackson the "best suspect in its nine years of investigation."

Andrew Smith's body was the last to be discovered. There have been no other similar slayings since Jackson's arrest in May 1997. Court documents indicate Jackson had contact with some of the other victims and the blood of one, Reginald Joyner, was found in Jackson's bed along with the blood of Smith. On August 21, 1998 a jury found Jackson guilty of the murder of Smith. "We're disappointed in the verdict, and he still maintains his innocence," said Jackson's attorney, Pamela Hampton.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.