HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
has there ever been a serial killer in fairfax or nova?
Posted by: curious.... ()
Date: July 03, 2009 08:26PM

has there ever been a serial killer in fairfax or nova? i've never really heard of anything other than the dc sniper

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: has there ever been a serial killer in fairfax or nova?
Posted by: LuLu ()
Date: July 03, 2009 08:35PM

Yeah, there was one in the early 70s in Arlington County. He lived in a crappy apartment off of Columbia Pike, around Four Mile Run. Apparently he killed prostitutes and dumped their bodies in the ditches off of Eisenhower Avenue. All I know about it is what my older relatives have told me. I'm sure if you dug around on Google for a while you could come up with something about it.

Date: July 03, 2009 09:01PM

Does the DC sniper count?

Posted by: LuLu ()
Date: July 03, 2009 09:46PM

Weren't they more like mass murderers?

Posted by: Sniper Sucked ()
Date: July 03, 2009 10:22PM

Yeah, I thought of the sniper right away too. It think that counts.

Posted by: Chase ()
Date: July 03, 2009 10:31PM

There was a serial killer who dumped bodies in Reston\Great Falls area back in the 60's. The bodies were dumped off Reston Ave(now Reston Pwy) between Rt 606 and Rt 7,North Point Village area. The serial killer was never caught. He killed young women.

Re: need to build a sonic in the area
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 03, 2009 10:36PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 07:17AM by WingNut.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: July 03, 2009 10:45PM

The snipers were the definition of spree killers.

Posted by: 703-4-Life ()
Date: July 03, 2009 11:58PM

DC Area Sniper?

Posted by: Sniper Sucked ()
Date: July 04, 2009 08:15AM

703-4-Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DC Area Sniper?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltway_sniper_attacks

Posted by: Mozart ()
Date: July 04, 2009 01:00PM

Monte Rissell (who grew up in Falls Church and Alexandria) in the early 70s. His first victim was a prostitute, but the others were not.

Posted by: Client Nine ()
Date: July 04, 2009 02:49PM

Alfredo R. Prieto

Date: July 05, 2009 09:01AM

I once at a box of Honey Bunches of Oats in one day... Does that count?

Date: July 05, 2009 09:46AM

46166571-superbowl-rings-1987-washington

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2015 01:51PM by WingNut.

Posted by: miss ()
Date: July 06, 2009 03:49PM

Mozart Wrote:
> Monte Rissell (who grew up in Falls Church and
> Alexandria) in the early 70s. His first victim
> was a prostitute, but the others were not.

Posted by: miss ()
Date: July 06, 2009 03:50PM

I went to school at TC Williams with Monte... We had no idea he was doing these murders... He seemed to be normal, had a girlfriend and we hung out at lunch.

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: July 06, 2009 10:31PM

Wow, I never heard of any of these serial killers! Learn something new every day, I guess!

I do know that there's a serial DRUNK, right here on FFXU. Multiple DUIs, anger issues, sexual depravity..the list goes on.

Does that count?

Posted by: Ron ()
Date: July 19, 2009 06:28PM

Monte Rissell did not live in crappy apartments. He lived in nice, newer apartments that were built around 1969. As someone else posted, he did not kill prostitutes. He did not know the first woman was a prostitute, she just unfortunately was unlucky enough to be going to or from her apartment when he was there - when he was planning his latest of rapes he had been committing since he was 14.

Posted by: Jones ()
Date: July 20, 2009 01:28AM

Prieto was a piece of shit, he got life for that Arlington killing, and was on death row in California. I didn't understand the reason behind sendin him to VA if he was on death row in Cali already. Did Fairfax gave him Life or the needle?

Posted by: Goon ()
Date: July 20, 2009 05:57AM

Prieto got 2 death sentences for the 88 Fairfax Killings. He already had death in California but I think his conviction was in 2008, so hell prob be spending 5-8 years atleast stealing the taxpayers money before they execute him.

Need information on Monte Rissel please contact me
Posted by: Tron ()
Date: January 17, 2010 09:09AM

My aunt was one of Monte Rissel victims. She was a post office worker. My family doesnt talk about it much but i would like to know more about this guy Monte Rissel. If you have any info please contact me. My email is Haveen95@yahoo.com or you can reach me at (757)371-3034. Thank you

Posted by: 70 yr old women ()
Date: January 17, 2010 11:12AM

There is still the unsolved murders of the three (aged 70) women residing near Springfield / Annandale. The first two that were murdered in their homes months apart had been to different Giant Food Stores in the mid morning.

These women lived alone & police assumed that each must have known the perp./murderer because there wasn't a forced entry.

The 3rd woman that was murdered a year later, had a very unique ring stolen.
If the same person killed all three women, he would be a serial killer.

He tended to target women in their seventies.
Does anyone else recall the details?

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov
News Release:

Posted by: haiku hacker ()
Date: January 17, 2010 11:15AM

Me like cereal
Fairfax serial killer
I can't say I am

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: January 17, 2010 12:22PM

DC Snipers doesn't count. They weren't based out of Fairfax County or Virginia. They were mainly in Maryland.

Posted by: lac ()
Date: January 17, 2010 07:16PM

BUNNYMAN

Date: January 17, 2010 07:40PM

The Bunnyman pales in comparison to the MOTHMAN!

Posted by: Lisk & Silva Murders ()
Date: January 17, 2010 08:48PM

In 2001, three different girls were murdered. Kidnapped first from their homes and then murdered.

This serial killer had some disgusting rituals.
It didn't happen in Fairfax, but close enough. The girls lived in Fredericksburg.

Posted by: djfoss ()
Date: January 17, 2010 11:50PM

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Hadden Clark:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadden_Clark

I thought he lived in Arlington but maybe just MD. Saw something on Court Tv (tru tv) about him. For a time he lived in the woods near an onramp/interchange where he buried at least one victim.

Coincidentally I saw what looked like a hobo camp yesterday near just off an i66 onramp area. Confirmed it on bing maps, its totally camo on google maps. Its a small shack built in the middle of an an onramp loop. Don't really want to give the location cuz I doubt they're hurting anybody, I used to see someone walking in the area in the mornings, so started looking for it. I'm not sure if they're even inhabiting the thing anymore. But, the dude looked pretty shady so maybe we got a live one.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: January 18, 2010 08:34AM

djfoss Wrote:
> I'm surprised nobody mentioned Hadden Clark:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadden_Clark

Number of victims: 	2-3
Span of killings: 	May, 1986–1992

totally weak.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: January 18, 2010 09:05AM

Ummmm...Cho maybe??!!!

Posted by: Dernagol ()
Date: January 18, 2010 02:19PM

The fucker in DC that killed children, cooked them, and ate them...

I think they made a movie about it... some dude in like the 1950's or the 60's.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: January 18, 2010 06:11PM

Stinkfist Wrote:
> Ummmm...Cho maybe??!!!

i think you have to go to different places and/or times in order for it to be serial. i would think cho did some parallel killings.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: January 18, 2010 07:13PM

I think Cho would be considered a spree killer. Serial killers usually have one victim at a time over an extended period.

Blessed are the murderous.

Date: January 19, 2010 04:16AM

Cho def was a spree killer, but I thought you were automatically coined as a serial killer if you killed 3+. This is just a guess though.

Posted by: info ()
Date: January 19, 2010 07:55AM

Cho is a mass killer (3+) not a serial killer, in addition Blacksburg is not NOVA or Fairfax...

Date: January 19, 2010 10:55PM

He's from NoVa. Went to High school at Westfield.

Date: January 19, 2010 11:07PM

I ate a box of Honey Bunches of Oats in a 24 hour period when I was fresh out of college.

Posted by: curious...(The OP) ()
Date: January 19, 2010 11:29PM

ahaha i started this thread months ago and just checked ffxu for the first time in forever and one of my topics is at the top haha

lots of good answers, thanks for the input!

Posted by: NGJ ()
Date: January 20, 2010 11:01AM

LuLu Wrote:
> Yeah, there was one in the early 70s in Arlington
> County. He lived in a crappy apartment off of
> Columbia Pike, around Four Mile Run. Apparently he
> killed prostitutes and dumped their bodies in the
> ditches off of Eisenhower Avenue. All I know about
> it is what my older relatives have told me. I'm
> sure if you dug around on Google for a while you
> could come up with something about it.

I remember this. They caught this dumbshit after 3 killings because he left a credit card receipt in a plastic bag he used to suffocate/strangle one of the prostitutes. Most of the killings took place near or in the apartment at Glebe and 24th S Rds.

Posted by: lynn ()
Date: May 23, 2010 04:04AM

I have lived in NoVA all my life and unfortunately knew Monte Rissell. I was best friends with his older sister and let me tell you....her little brother Monte was not right when he was a kid.
He killed 5 women after his girlfriend broke up with him. He raped his next door neighbor when he was 14/15 and put into a dention home for years. I was out one night at the old bar Louie's Rock City and ran into Michelle and stayed and hung out and partied with her. Monte showed up later getting into fights and up to this day I always say that the look in his eyes was like Charles Manson's crazy look.
His sister gave me a ride home and I was in the back with others including Monte who was sitting next to me. He got into a fight at a stop light and he acted insane all night long. Needless to say the murders had already been going on and I was sitting next to him. He had already killed 3 women and none of us knew it and there I was sitting next to him.
When it was announced on tv that they had caught the serial killer but were not yet releasing his name I said to the few people I was with that it was Monte Rissell and a few days later I was called being told I was right and how did I know. It was just a guess but I have to tell you all...that look in his eyes was what really told me and the way he acted that night.
THe thing is I was good friends with his sister and knew him. I always knew there was something not right with him long before he even raped his neighbor. I was spending the night with his sister and Monte was there and wouldn't leave us alone. He kept picking on me and got physical and started like hitting on me and finally it turned to wrestling. He got me on the floor and pinned my arms with his knees and took his hands around my neck and banged my head on the floor and kept tightening his grip around my throat. Luckily I have a temper and caught him offguard and got him off me and needless to say I never spent the night there again and I always was very cautious of him from that point on. I just knew that there was something not right with him.
How I knew it was Monte when the police caught him??? I don't know, I just knew. Of course it was very sickening to me to figure out that I was sitting next to him in the car getting a ride home and he had already killed 3 women. It still makes me sick and turns my stomach. He had an older brother also that worked at the bowling alley in Annandale and many years later I was there with my then husband bowling and when I went to get my shoes I just said, you are Monte Rissell's brother. He did not answer me and didn't like it that I said that. He wouldn't say anything either. I guess he didn't want to acknowledge any part of him.
It gives me the creeps to type this up and think about it all again. I don't know what prison Monte is in and have not seen his brother or sister again. I know his sister was married and after runnign into her at the bar never saw her or heard from her again. They both probably just want to forget about him being a part of their lives. I don't know. I just cannot imagine.
There was also a mass murder in the mid 70's in Alexandria at the Roy Roger's. The guy made all the workers who were there get into the freezer and he killed them all there and robbed the place. I believe he was from some place near the Shenadoah Valley. I can't remember what his name was but I was right near there at the McDonald's smoking pot in the parking lot with some friends sitting on our cars and never heard or saw a thing. We were surprsied we didn't hear the gun shots since we were so close as it was right across the street and katty corner to the Roy's. THank God none of the people I knew or myself were ever a part of these insane murders. Just even typing this all up makes me shake all over and think how lucky we all were. It is a crazy world.

I wrote this stuff for the person who said that Monte killed their aunt. I don't know if there is more info you would want but that is about all I can give. I don't know what prison he is in or how long he got but I don't think he got the death penalty. He should have. If your aunt truly was one of the women I am truly sorry. He was a sick kid. I don't know what happened to him but he sure wasn't right.

Posted by: Plz ()
Date: May 23, 2010 09:17AM

Tits or gtfo

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: May 23, 2010 10:46AM

Not to derail the thread, but in looking into nova serial kilers, I found this serial killer. Pretty freaky. Looks like this guy or guys is still operating, and has been for 30 + years (I-45 Murders):

http://psu-sk.tripod.com/frames/contents.html

Posted by: Same situation ()
Date: May 23, 2010 11:01AM

lynn Wrote:
and he had already killed 3 women. It still makes me sick and turns my
stomach. It gives me the creeps to type this up and think about it all again.
Just even typing this all up makes me shake all over and
think how lucky we all were.

My feelings exactly. When this thread got bumped in January I read about Debardleden and realized I was his listing agent on his house in Arlington. He kept insisting on going out to dinner to celebrate the sale. Glad I didn't go.
His hobby was killing realtors.

Posted by: don't forget ()
Date: May 23, 2010 11:13AM

Doesn't 9/11 count? That was mass murder by a group of serial killers.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 23, 2010 11:38AM

don't forget Wrote:
> Doesn't 9/11 count? That was mass murder by a
> group of serial killers.

LMAO What does 9/11 have to do with serial killers in Fairfax? And no, they weren't serial killers, they were terrorists.

Posted by: Same Situation ()
Date: May 23, 2010 10:02PM

trogdor! Wrote:
> Not to derail the thread, but in looking into nova
> serial kilers, I found this serial killer. Pretty
> freaky. Looks like this guy or guys is still
> operating, and has been for 30 + years (I-45
> Murders):
>
> http://psu-sk.tripod.com/frames/contents.html

Saw this on TV not to long ago. Quite a history without being caught.

Posted by: TCGrad ()
Date: May 28, 2010 09:25AM

I too went to H.S. with Monte Rissell and remember the chaos that his killings created. The entire cities of Alexandria and Fairfax were on Alert, women with "yellow" cars were told to be extra careful (not sure why just remember it). Monte was a sick individual whose actions I believe were nutured by his Mother, she would often entertain men while in the presence of Monte. It was rumored that his hatred for women steemed from his relationship with his mother who obviously didn't care what kind of a monster she was creating. I'm not sure what prison he's in but I do know he received 5 consecutive Life sentnces w/o any chance for parole. May his victims rest in peace and hopefully the Good Lord will help their relatives. The above info. was patially obtained from Newspapers and word of mouth.

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: May 28, 2010 09:53AM

I didn't find him on the Virginia Department of Corrections web site,

http://www.vadoc.state.va.us/offenders/, but you can always make contact with the Department via e-mail or telephone.

I wonder if he has been moved to another state, died, or changed his name.

Perhaps he uses another name.

Posted by: Schoolkid ()
Date: May 28, 2010 10:22AM

Monte Rissell's family used to live in Falls Church before they moved to Alexandria. His mom worked as a cashier at the Safeway at the corner of Columbia Pike and Lincolnia Rd. She was actually always nice but maybe he was around some strange stuff as a kid. I remember that he showed up at school in 1st or 2nd grade with flowers for a girl in the class, and everyone thought it was awkward/weird. I'm sure the girl shudders to think about it now if she knows what he did later.

Posted by: google ()
Date: May 28, 2010 12:54PM

I was googling Monte Rissell and came upon this site www.skcentral.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=5&thread_id=113 , man reading the stuff on their gave me shivers! some sick fucks in there

Date: May 29, 2010 09:34AM

I did some searching and found that Montie Rissell is in Augusta Correctional Prison in Craigsville Va. I'm sure "Bubba" is a "close" friend. These types of criminals are the lowest of the lowest in prison life and are treated as such....

Posted by: sentinel2478 ()
Date: August 27, 2010 01:10AM

Don`t worry about Mr. Rissel. I work at the facility where he is kept and trust me he is going nowhere......... ever.

Posted by: who cares what my name is ()
Date: January 20, 2011 08:48AM

His name is spelled Montie, not Monte, which is why you're not finding him in the VA prison inmate lookup.
Anyway. I went to school with this guy too. My Hammond and TC Williams yearbooks are long gone but here's a picture from my 8th grade yearbook circa 1973.
Attachments:
tn_1.JPG

Posted by: darted ()
Date: January 20, 2011 12:34PM

I LIKE CAKE

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: January 20, 2011 01:54PM

To clarify:

A serial killer kills multiple victims over a long period of time according to a certain modus operandi, and kills so satisfy a psychological need. Example: Jeffrey Dahmer.

Mass murder is a large body count at once, or in a really short amount of time, such as that Cho guy.

A spree killer travels around and kills a couple people at a time in a relatively short span. The two from "Natural Born Killers" would be a good example of that.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: whocareswhatmynameis ()
Date: February 24, 2011 12:45PM

@ MrMephisto...
To further clarify your point, to be labeled a serial killer, one must have at least 5 "kills".

Posted by: Alexandria Guy ()
Date: February 24, 2011 03:18PM

I grew up in Alexandria and knew Montee well - he was in several of my classes and we played youth baseball together. When all of these murders were taking place in 1976 /1977 nobody thought that it was one of our classmates that was responsible. Anybody who says they knew it was him is full of shit - he was your typical rowdy teenager of the 70s but nobody had him pegged as a mass murderer . Another interesting fact is that he lived two buildings down from James Breeden and he was close to Breedens son [kenny Langley] -for those unaware of James Breeden he was convicted in 1977 for the infamous Roy Rogers freezer murders. He went to rob the fast food establishment and ended up putting 5 employees in the walk-in frezer and shot each in the back of the head . Due to the low temps in the freezer one woman lived and was able to id the shooter. Breeden died recently in prison after getting 5 life sentences. Back to the Montee Rissell case- The night the police found one of the buried bodies [ across from James Polk Elementary School] we were all playing basketball - Montee was a regular player at that court and i believe was there playing hoops the previous day - Alexandria was an interesting place to grow up in during the 60s/70s

Posted by: Stones ()
Date: February 24, 2011 03:28PM

Rosie Gordon in 1987? She was a little girl who was killed and found dead in Burke. I think she was abducted walking to school. They thought that Melissa Brannen's killer could be the same guy. Also, maybe those sisters in Spotsylvania and m/b the Route 29 stalker/killer as some more recent attacks. I'm pretty sure he was never caught and even if the Rosie Gordon killer was only responsible for that death, he for sure would have also killed elsewhere. It was a kiddie rape/kill so she doesn't tell thing and those guys always attack more than once.

Posted by: stones ()
Date: February 24, 2011 03:38PM

Yeah, the Marion Newman and Marion somebody else. My wife used to be one of their neighbors. Older women who lived alone. The means of death has never exactly been released and is just "upper body trauma". I guess they are keeping this secret and it's something only the killer would know. I was actually interviewed by the detectives. I work with someone who was a suspect at one point but I knew he was not responsible. There was another guy who lived in the area and was later found squatting in an abandoned house less than a mile from where they were both last seen (Bradlick shopping center in Annandale). This guy had broken into a bunch of houses in the area and had Mental Health issues. I reported it to the tip line but obviously, if it was him, these cases wouldn't still be open. Still though, maybe. He's in jail now for the break-ins.

Posted by: TheCult ()
Date: February 24, 2011 04:01PM

There are serial killers all around, but the information is being withheld from the public.
They are harboured and helped while trafficking thru in the area by a religious cult of satan worshippers pretending to be Christian followers of God operating the TLC at 3220 old lee highway, fx, va.
Find out more, go to the search mode right here on fxunderground, type in:

The Lamb Center

and then press search and read on.

Or simply pan down to the thread site:

The Lamb Center 3220 Old Lee Highway, FX, Va.

and enjoy. Hope you sleep well tonight!

Posted by: Stones ()
Date: February 24, 2011 04:09PM

Dude, stick to your crazy ass topic. You are a fucking lunatic and we're all fed up with your non-sensical rants on the Lamb Center.

TheCult Wrote:
> There are serial killers all around, but the
> information is being withheld from the public.
> They are harboured and helped while trafficking
> thru in the area by a religious cult of satan
> worshippers pretending to be Christian followers
> of God operating the TLC at 3220 old lee highway,
> fx, va.
> Find out more, go to the search mode right here on
> fxunderground, type in:
>
> The Lamb Center
>
> and then press search and read on.
>
> Or simply pan down to the thread site:
>
> The Lamb Center 3220 Old Lee Highway, FX, Va.
>
> and enjoy. Hope you sleep well tonight!

Posted by: Walker Fairfax ()
Date: February 25, 2011 07:40AM

So you work at Augusta?

I don't think so

Re: has there ever been a serial killer in fairfax or nova? Posted by: sentinel2478 ()
Date: August 27, 2010 01:10AM

Don`t worry about Mr. Rissel. I work at the facility where he is kept and trust me he is going nowhere......... ever.

Offender Locator Search Results
Search Result: 1 Match Found Offender Name: Rissell, Montie Ralph
DOC Number: 1113794
Inmate Number: 113155
Race: White

« New Search
These records are updated once per day. Information is subject to change without notice. For assistance, please contact the Offender Management Unit.

Posted by: sudnova ()
Date: February 25, 2011 09:36AM

The guy who killed the Lisk sisters in Spotsylvania was caught - it was Marc Evonovitz. He also killed sofia Silva. His M.O. was to target teenage girls who were home alone after school. He'd follow the school bus and then kidnap them out of their front yard at gunpoint.

After the Silva murder the local detectives had it pinned on a thief who lived in her neighborhood. Then the Lisk murders happened and everyone knew something was up. The investigators went back and found out the DNA tests were screwed up and that the same guy had killed all three girls.

Of course everyone in Fredericksburg was completely freaked out and they had the cops following all the buses, and the ones that weren't followed by the cops were being followed by armed parents.

Evonovitz worked at Kaiser Compressors which is near Shannon Airport. Everyone thought the killer was driving a pickup truck with a camper top, but Evonovitz had a Camaro. At some point after the Lisk murders he skipped town and moved to Florida.

That's where he eventually got caught. His last victim managed to escape from his apartment and summon the police. He ate his gun after a police chase rather than be captured.

Posted by: YourProtecter ()
Date: March 16, 2011 08:53AM

I see this peice of low life shit almost everyday. I also work at Augusta . That scum bag is alive and well and without a care in the world. But trust us when we say "COCKSUCKER" isn't going anywhere. Ans he isn't the tough guy you people have made him out to be. He is a little pod bitch and a plumber. He does what he is told and when he is told .

Posted by: still missing her, still in pain ()
Date: April 02, 2011 09:40AM

and not a day goes by without thinking about her and missing her. She was kind and gentle. She had her whole life ahead of her. The world was her oyster until the event that robbed her of her life. On her 17th birthday, she donated blood because that's how old you have to be. She had hopes and dreams and a budding career. She never harmed anyone in her whole life.

For those of you who say you work in the prison, I hope you are for real since he is up for parole every year and every year my family is re-traumatized in a way, although we remain strong and all live productive relatively well-functioning lives despite the horror we have suffered in the knowledge and pain of our loved one's brutal and senseless death.

To those calling the victims prostitutes, please stop. My sister definitely wasn't, she was college educated, successful and gifted. However, the rape and killing of any human being should not be trivialized, regardless of their status in life.

For haveen95@yahoo.com who is looking for info: we will call you or email ASAP.

MONTIE RALPH RISSELL may you feel for eternity what I have felt my whole life times a billion. That is a fate worse than the death penalty I assure you.

Thank you to whoever started this thread and for everyone's responses. Although it has been hard, I have benefited.

- Still Grieving

Posted by: Cathy ()
Date: April 19, 2011 11:30AM

Wow Lynn - back then, I was a young married girl that just got married, and my husband and I were very good friends with Monti's brother Harold. Monti's Mother worked at Safeway with my Father, and. . . I too had stopped by the Roy Rogers the night of the murders. You and I probably knew each other! When my girlfriend and I got to Roy Rogers, we figured by the timing, the people were probably already in the freezer because the place seemed to be all locked up. We were supposed to stop there earlier that night, but got sidetracked (Luckily!) or we would have probably been victims too. The Monti Rissell murders were such a shock to our group of friends, not because we didn't think Monti could have done it, but because we new his family and at the time, were very close to Harold. When my husband and I saw Harold on the news after they caught Monti, we could hardly breathe. Monti was a real weirdo and we couldn't figure out what was wrong with him because the rest of the family were "normal". Both of these murders have haunted me all these years.

Posted by: DC Gal ()
Date: April 19, 2011 01:23PM

after reading this thread (its quite interesting) I was wondering what Montie (or Monte) looked like, so I googled him and found no photos. I did read somewhere where he was Black. is this true? the old yearbook pic doesnt look like a black kid, he looks phillipino or something.
can someone confirm?

and, to answer the original poster, there are TONS of serial killers amongst us, especially in our DC/NoVA/MD area. We just dont really pay attention to the different murder cases that are never solved, but more than likely a few are linked to one person which makes them a serial killer. scary but very true. any Elliot in the morning listeners here? he had someone on the other morning who was an expert in this area and he was talking about this area and how there are a number of them amongst us.

Posted by: Lee ()
Date: April 19, 2011 01:50PM

DC Gal Wrote:
> after reading this thread (its quite interesting)
> I was wondering what Montie (or Monte) looked
> like, so I googled him and found no photos. I did
> read somewhere where he was Black. is this true?
> the old yearbook pic doesnt look like a black kid,
> he looks phillipino or something.
> can someone confirm?
>
> and, to answer the original poster, there are TONS
> of serial killers amongst us, especially in our
> DC/NoVA/MD area. We just dont really pay
> attention to the different murder cases that are
> never solved, but more than likely a few are
> linked to one person which makes them a serial
> killer. scary but very true. any Elliot in the
> morning listeners here? he had someone on the
> other morning who was an expert in this area and
> he was talking about this area and how there are a
> number of them amongst us.

Montie is white and if you Google his name+Alexandria Police you find a picture of Officers arresting him.
Dark hair, dark lifeless eyes, broad shoulders and short legs.

Posted by: DC gal ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:39PM

i just tried the search, couldnt find the pic. post a link if you can please. thanks

Posted by: Ryno78 ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:50PM

Not a serial killer but worth mentioning, Lorena Bobbit of Manassas can really kill an erection!

Posted by: nn ()
Date: April 23, 2011 08:05PM

testing

Posted by: One-Way ()
Date: April 24, 2011 07:10AM

DC gal Wrote:
> i just tried the search, couldnt find the pic.
> post a link if you can please. thanks

Here's a link to the picture

http://wpost.pictopia.com/u1/search/?searchtxt=80705&order=publication_date&date_how=+%3D+

Posted by: One-Way ()
Date: April 24, 2011 07:14AM

And here's the pic.
Attachments:
Montie.jpg

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 24, 2011 08:20AM

Anybody reemmber the murder of a girl whose car broke down at the 95/Fairfax County Pkwy interchange waaaaaaaaaaay back when it was Backlick Rd?

Did her killer ever get caught? Was that a serial killer?

Posted by: Bunny Fan ()
Date: April 24, 2011 06:53PM

I think the Bunny Man was a serial killer and there's a thread on him too.

Date: April 24, 2011 08:02PM

Click on this link and scroll down to Amy Baker (March 29,1989). Still unsolved.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/crime/unsolved-homicides/homicideunit.pdf

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> Anybody reemmber the murder of a girl whose car
> broke down at the 95/Fairfax County Pkwy
> interchange waaaaaaaaaaay back when it was
> Backlick Rd?
>
> Did her killer ever get caught? Was that a serial
> killer?

Date: April 24, 2011 08:09PM

The (1965)murder of Charles W. Fitzmaurice is still unsolved. The cops always suspected the wife. He could have been murdered as a spook. Did he work for the CIA?

GMU Hokie Wrote:
> Click on this link and scroll down to Amy Baker
> (March 29,1989). Still unsolved.
>
>
> http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/crime/unsolved
> -homicides/homicideunit.pdf
>
>
> Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Anybody reemmber the murder of a girl whose car
> > broke down at the 95/Fairfax County Pkwy
> > interchange waaaaaaaaaaay back when it was
> > Backlick Rd?
> >
> > Did her killer ever get caught? Was that a
> serial
> > killer?

Date: April 24, 2011 08:10PM

Alexandria Guy Wrote:
> I grew up in Alexandria and knew Montee well - he
> was in several of my classes and we played youth
> baseball together. When all of these murders were
> taking place in 1976 /1977 nobody thought that it
> was one of our classmates that was responsible.
> Anybody who says they knew it was him is full of
> shit - he was your typical rowdy teenager of the
> 70s but nobody had him pegged as a mass murderer .
> Another interesting fact is that he lived two
> buildings down from James Breeden and he was close
> to Breedens son -for those unaware of James
> Breeden he was convicted in 1977 for the infamous
> Roy Rogers freezer murders. He went to rob the
> fast food establishment and ended up putting 5
> employees in the walk-in frezer and shot each in
> the back of the head . Due to the low temps in the
> freezer one woman lived and was able to id the
> shooter. Breeden died recently in prison after
> getting 5 life sentences. Back to the Montee
> Rissell case- The night the police found one of
> the buried bodies [ across from James Polk
> Elementary School] we were all playing basketball
> - Montee was a regular player at that court and i
> believe was there playing hoops the previous day -
> Alexandria was an interesting place to grow up in
> during the 60s/70s

Montie buried none of his victims.

Date: April 24, 2011 08:23PM

Did James Breeden have a sons who attended Mark Twain School on Franconia Road in the late 1980s? I spent some time there and one kid named Breeden had terrible problems adjustingAlexandria Guy Wrote:
> I grew up in Alexandria and knew Montee well - he
> was in several of my classes and we played youth
> baseball together. When all of these murders were
> taking place in 1976 /1977 nobody thought that it
> was one of our classmates that was responsible.
> Anybody who says they knew it was him is full of
> shit - he was your typical rowdy teenager of the
> 70s but nobody had him pegged as a mass murderer .
> Another interesting fact is that he lived two
> buildings down from James Breeden and he was close
> to Breedens son -for those unaware of James
> Breeden he was convicted in 1977 for the infamous
> Roy Rogers freezer murders. He went to rob the
> fast food establishment and ended up putting 5
> employees in the walk-in frezer and shot each in
> the back of the head . Due to the low temps in the
> freezer one woman lived and was able to id the
> shooter. Breeden died recently in prison after
> getting 5 life sentences. Back to the Montee
> Rissell case- The night the police found one of
> the buried bodies [ across from James Polk
> Elementary School] we were all playing basketball
> - Montee was a regular player at that court and i
> believe was there playing hoops the previous day -
> Alexandria was an interesting place to grow up in
> during the 60s/70s

Posted by: Classmate of Kenny Dawson ()
Date: April 26, 2011 05:20PM

Arthur Goode - rot in hell.

A native of Hyattsville, Maryland, Arthur Goode was a victim of borderline retardation who still wore his hair in Little Lord Fauntleroy bangs at age 22. In his teens, Goode began making sexual advances to younger boys, quickly becoming notorious in his own neighborhood. Arrested three times for indecent assaults upon minors, he was freed each time when his parents posted bail. In March 1975, Goode was arrested on five charges of sexual assault, stemming from his abuse of a 9-year-old boy. His parents raised $25,000 to spring him from jail, but Arthur wasn't finished yet. While out on bail, he molested an 11-year-old, escaping with five years probation on the condition that he undergo voluntary psychiatric treatment at Spring Grove State Hospital. The key word was "voluntary," and no one could stop him when Goode checked out of the hospital fifteen weeks later, catching a bus for his parents' new home in St. James City, Florida. Despite warnings and the issuance of a bench warrant for his arrest, no one bothered to go after Goode and bring him back. On March 5, 1976, Goode lured 9-year-old Jason VerDow away from a school bus stop in Fort Myers, asking the child to help him "find something" in the woods nearby. "I told him he was going to die," Goode later confessed , "and described how I would kill him. I asked him if he had any last words, and he said, 'I love you,' and then I strangled him." Police soon recovered the body, nude but for stockings, and Goode was twice questioned as a suspect in the case. Growing nervous, he bused back to Spring Grove and dropped in at the state hospital, spending five minutes there before fleeing, convinced that a receptionist was calling the police. (In fact, the staff professed to have no knowledge of the outstanding arrest warrants.) Later that day, Goode picked up 10-year-old Billy Arthe, persuading the boy to join him in Washington, D.C., where they spent the next ten days touring the capital and sleeping in motels. Arthe was still with Goode, unharmed, on March 20, when they met Kenny Dawson, 11, and Goode talked the boy into joining them for a bus ride to Tysons Corner, Virginia. There, while hiking in the woods near town, Goode forced Dawson to undress, afterward strangling him with a belt while Billy Arthe looked on, horrified. Days later, a Falls Church housewife recognized Billy Arthe from newspaper photographs and summoned police. As he was handcuffed, Goode complained, "You can't do nothing to me. I'm sick." A Maryland jury disagreed, finding him sane and guilty of murder, whereupon the court imposed a life sentence. Packed off to Florida after his trial, Goode was there convicted on a second murder count and sentenced to die in the electric chair . He was electrocuted at Florida State Prison on April 5, 1984.

Posted by: TED ()
Date: May 10, 2011 09:23PM

The Fitzmaurice murder was interesting, I was on the rescue squad that took him to Fairfax Hospital. The wife never let them interview the son, who was 15 or so at the time. About five years later it occurred to me what had to have happened.

The kid took the gun around the house, rang the doorbell, and blew away the father.

Then he tossed the shotgun up onto the roof of the house, went back in the back door. Ta DA!

I mentioned this to a Fairfax County cop I knew and his response was OH SHIT!

Posted by: Tim wizard ()
Date: May 12, 2011 09:43AM

The Bunny Man didn't kill anyone...

Posted by: Tim wizard ()
Date: May 12, 2011 09:46AM

It is HIGHLY unlikely that Sean Fitzmaurice (Fitzmo) murdered his father. But we'll never have that answer will we? He has been dead himself for 15+ years...

Posted by: I scream for Ice Cream ()
Date: June 23, 2011 06:44AM

Here's a recent one...

Alfredo Prieto the Fairfax County serial killer
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/443568/444010.html

Posted by: cervus ()
Date: July 18, 2011 08:55PM

I knew Montie as child. I remember getting into a fight with him when he ripped off my marbles. I won the fight, but his older brother, Harold I believe, chased me a long way to my house where my older brother chased him away. Monte was short for his age and insecure. I believe when I went off Jefferson HS, he was not there. I went to Saint Anthonys through 8th grade so I did not know him in school. My impression was that his home life was not to good, though I can't recall anything specific. His neighbors, the York's went to my church, so I would run into him while visiting them.

Posted by: Arlingtonkid ()
Date: July 18, 2011 11:24PM

That sicko goode stayed at the hotel( I can't recall the name) across the street from the main gate of Fort Myer, which was just down the road from where we were living on Cleveland street. We neighborhood kids would visit the shopping center across from the hotel all of the time. It was pretty unsettling to learn later that such a sicko was roaming the area.

Posted by: pmk ()
Date: August 19, 2011 10:19PM

Yes, there was a serial killer in the 1970's. He was caught and serving 5 life sentences. His name Monte Ralph Rissell. You can read about him in Whoever Fights Monsters by Robert Ressler.

Posted by: PMK ()
Date: August 19, 2011 10:32PM

I was doing a google search on Montie and ran across this. I knew Montie and the family pretty well and never ever would think that Montie could do what he did. When his mother died of cancer, he attended the services with shackles,chains and a guard of both sides of him. He looked at me and I did not know this person. So weird. Have you read the book Whoever Fights Monsters by Robert K Ressler. Montie had his name in there a few times, more info I really did not know about. I guess the family was just full of secrets.

Posted by: PMK ()
Date: August 19, 2011 11:02PM

Read Whoever fights monsters by Robert K. Ressler and Tom Shachtman.

He is serving 5 life sentence and will never get out. I am so sorry for your loss. He was evil. I pray for your family.

Posted by: 703buwto ()
Date: August 20, 2011 09:43AM

Otis Toole and Henry Lee Lucas used to hang around the Fairfax County area, don't know if they killed anyone though

Posted by: Montie ()
Date: August 22, 2011 10:14AM

lots of people on here I never heard about. btw, i like that guys shirt

Posted by: raving ()
Date: August 22, 2011 04:49PM

Same situation:

Can you please say more about James Mitchell DeBardeleben...When did you have contact with him?...Which house of his did you list?

Are you aware that, although dead now, he may be considered a top suspect for having kidnapped, murdered the Lyon girls...

He was considered the greatest serial criminal in the history of America, and likely one of the top serial killers our country ever produced.

Any information you may have may help police close the Lyon sister case.

http://kidnappingmurderandmayhem.blogspot.com/2010/12/who-was-tape-recorder-man.html

Posted by: Diana ()
Date: September 02, 2011 01:28AM

This is for Lynn especially, but for everyone else who may have known Montie Rissell. Would you write me? Montie is now writing about his crimes, and has reached out to a friend, a former F.B.I. agent, who in turn reached out to me to put something together.
Thanks! my email is MiaOne28@aol.com

Posted by: Dane ()
Date: September 05, 2011 10:31AM

I remember something about a "red shoes" serial killer. . . . perhaps a story about the victims red shoes maybe triggering him to kill. . . . . and how they would find the shoes left near the crime scenes.

Posted by: John1315 ()
Date: November 06, 2011 11:14AM

What year and school is this from? I am almost sure I have this same yearbook. My mother knew Monte Rissell and said the same things about how she knew he wasn't right long before he was found out.

Posted by: John1315 ()
Date: November 06, 2011 11:24AM

cervus Wrote:
> I knew Montie as child. I remember getting into a
> fight with him when he ripped off my marbles. I
> won the fight, but his older brother, Harold I
> believe, chased me a long way to my house where
> my older brother chased him away. Monte was short
> for his age and insecure. I believe when I went
> off Jefferson HS, he was not there. I went to
> Saint Anthonys through 8th grade so I did not know
> him in school. My impression was that his home
> life was not to good, though I can't recall
> anything specific. His neighbors, the York's went
> to my church, so I would run into him while
> visiting them.

Maplewood Drive? My grandparents lived at 6433, next to the Yorks. I knew the Rissells lived near there but was a little younger than those kids. Apparently my mother and father knew them very well.

Date: December 01, 2011 09:36AM

Which agent is writting this book and WHY??

Date: December 07, 2011 03:24PM

Montie went to John Adams Middle School as then onto Hammond High School in Alexandria.
He was a classmate and neighbor and beat the hell out my friend walking home from school.
He lived with his Mother and a brother in Saxony Square Apts.

Oh the stories I know.

Posted by: TCGRAD ()
Date: December 11, 2011 08:18AM

If you played Baseball with Montie, then you also played it with me..... Yes MANY stories

Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog ()
Date: December 11, 2011 08:43AM

These are not serial killers from our area, but I'm sure this will make for interesting reading nonetheless.

Serial Killer News
http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller_news/2005/index.php

10 Lesser Known Serial Killers
http://listverse.com/2009/01/15/10-lesser-known-serial-killers/

List of Serial Killers and their locations
http://serialkillr.tripod.com/SerialKillersExposed/sknumber.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RICE Darrell David VA Manassas
Rice put on trial for Manassas abduction
http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller_news/R/RICE_darrell_david.php

The man prosecutors once pegged as the “Route 29 stalker” who terrorized much of central Virginia in early 1996 was on trial this summer in Manassas.

One night in February 1996, 38-year-old Carmelita Shomo was driving on Dumfries Road in Manassas, heading home from work.

A truck drove up behind her, flashing its lights. When Shomo pulled over, a man approached her and said there were sparks coming from under her car.

He offered her a ride, and she accepted.

Shomo got in his truck and the man drove off. Later, he pulled over to the side of the road and attacked her.

After a scuffle, Shomo was able to get free, though she caught her ankle in the truck’s seat belt and was dragged down the road before getting free.

The method of the abduction was eerily similar to the so-called “Route 29 stalker” who around the same time attempted to abduct up to 30 women along the Route 29 corridor from Charlottsville to Northern Virginia.

Authorities believe those abductions climaxed with the 1996 murder of 25-year-old Alicia Showalter Reynolds.

Darrell David Rice was arrested in 1997 for an attempted abduction in Shenandoah National Park, and was in jail when Shomo picked a photograph of him out of a police lineup and said he was the man who attacked her.

In 2004, Rice was indicted in Prince William County for allegedly attempting to abduct Shomo.

The Prince William County indictment came just after federal prosecutors dropped murder charges against Rice for two other 1996 murders in Shenandoah National Park. That case fell apart after DNA evidence seemed to exclude Rice.

When Rice was indicted in Prince William County, Commonwealth’s Attorney Paul B. Ebert said he believed Rice was the man responsible for the “Route 29 stalker” abductions.

But Rice’s defense attorneys pointed the finger at another man: suspected serial killer Richard Evonitz, who lived in Fredericksburg at the time of the “Route 29 stalker” abductions, and was later implicated in the killing of three young girls.

After numerous pre-trial hearings that covered every subject from hypnosis-induced testimony to what kind of truck Rice was driving at the time of the incident, the Rice trial started in August.

It was widely expected that prosecutors would try to peg him as the “Route 29 Stalker,” and Rice faced up to life in prison if convicted.

But from the opening bell of the jury trial, prosecutors narrowed the focus to the Carmelita Shomo incident and stayed away from the term “Route 29 Stalker.”

The main evidence offered against Rice was the testimony of Shomo, who pointed at him from the witness stand and said she was “100 percent sure” he was the man who attacked her.

But defense attorneys poked holes in Shomo’s testimony, pointing out that she may have previously implicated other men as being her attacker.

Though one juror said after the trial that there wasn’t enough evidence to convict Rice, the case never got that far.

Prosecutors cut a deal with Rice. He entered a guilty plea to one count of unlawful wounding, and in return was sentenced to time served.

Afterward, prosecutors said they made the deal to “get something” out of the case, and characterized Rice as a dangerous man.

Rice’s defense attorneys, who worked the case for free, saw it as long overdue justification for a man who had been wrongfully accused twice by prosecutors looking to get a conviction for unsolved cases.

Rice is scheduled to be released from jail to a halfway house midway through 2006, and completely released in 2007.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elton M. Jackson - The Hampton Roads Killer
http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkillers/J/JACKSON_elton_manning.php

Since the mid-eighties a number of homosexual men have abducted in and around the Norfolk area and their bodies dumped in the Chesapeake/Portsmouth areas. Chesapeake. Ten were strangled; the others were too decomposed to determine how they died. All but one were found nude. Many of the victims were gay, nearly all were drifters or transients and some were hustlers. Nearly all were last seen in or near gay bars in Norfolk or Portsmouth.

On March 5, 1998, Chesapeake Police Chief Richard A. Justice named Elton M. Jackson as the suspect in all 12 homicides by the "Hampton Roads Killer". Jackson, 41, was arrested in May, 1997. Jackson has only been charged with the July 1996 strangulation of Andrew "Andre" D. Smith in a case that court documents say is the most recent of the serial killings. Smith's body was found on the shoulder of a dead-end road in the Deep Creek section of Chesapeake. Court documents confirm that DNA testing showed that Jackson and Smith had sex hours before Smith's death.

The Chesapeake Police Department was the lead agency in the serial killer investigation until September, 1997, when the case was moved to Portsmouth based on evidence that the Smith killing apparently occurred in Jackson's Portsmouth home. Authorities never before named Jackson as the serial killer suspect, but also never ruled him out. FBI documents showed that a year ago the Feds believed Jackson was their killer and that they had suspected him previously. A letter to the FBI lab in August 1996 called Jackson the "best suspect in its nine years of investigation."

Andrew Smith's body was the last to be discovered. There have been no other similar slayings since Jackson's arrest in May 1997. Court documents indicate Jackson had contact with some of the other victims and the blood of one, Reginald Joyner, was found in Jackson's bed along with the blood of Smith. On August 21, 1998 a jury found Jackson guilty of the murder of Smith. "We're disappointed in the verdict, and he still maintains his innocence," said Jackson's attorney, Pamela Hampton.

Posted by: Alen ()
Date: December 14, 2011 11:55PM

These are all horrible events. I can add to your narrative about the 70s murders at the Arby's or Roy Rogers in Alexandria. One of the victims was (Gildea), who was the son of our high school football coach in Everett, Massachusetts in the 50s. I used to see the little guy run up and down the sidelines with his Dad (Denny Gildea) during the games.

Posted by: GregW ()
Date: January 06, 2012 12:42PM

I live in Alexandria and yesterday finished a book by a retired FBI agent Robert Ressler, called "Whoever Fights Monsters". He mentioned Monte Rissell, who I'd never heard of (I didn't grow up around here). In my research I ran across this http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94169 I know that tunnel well. People, especially hispanics, use it all the time, since the Giant is the only place on Beuregard that sells beer.

Posted by: FJ ()
Date: April 22, 2012 12:59AM

Interesting... I just happened upon this thread while bored and browsing the forum tonight. I'm sure that I know some of the people posting here. Alexandria was a much smaller place at the time and the kids at John Adams/Hammond/TC all pretty much knew one another.

Haven't thought about Montie for a long time. I also knew him very well. He was a pretty good friend back in our teenage years. Spent the night at his house quite a few times and often used to just ride around doing nothing with his sister Michelle and her boyfriend (don't recall his name) when we were younger. Later skipping school and smoking and drinking and generally getting into trouble. The whole group of us were kind of juvenile delinquents at the time. We used to mess around in that same tunnel where they later found one of his victims as it was on the way to/from his apartment. Also used to walk to Hammond along the same path mentioned earlier in the thread near Polk school where they found another.

Note that the yearbook scan posted earlier has the last column cut off so that the pictures don't match the name. Montie is to the far right in that row as you can recognize from the later picture from the time of his arrest.

To the person who said that nobody ever suspected Montie before his arrest, I know for sure that some did because I heard them myself. Wasn't based on anything other than just a feeling combined with the locations of some of the victims and knowing about the assault incident as a juvenile, but they guessed right.

That said, I understand why you might say that. I wouldn't have pointed to him first myself either. Even among the kids in the area there were many others who were way ahead of him as far as showing potential to be violent psychotics. In fact, it's always been a little disturbing to me how relatively normal Montie was. I'm sure there were signs as mentioned by some earlier in the thread but overall he was a fairly "normal" kid. Home life wasn't great, disfunctional single-parent family, drug use, etc., but that all applied to many of the rest of us as well.

Also interestingly, as I recall Breeden (the Roy Rogers killer) was in some way related to him although I don't remember exactly how now or whether it was by blood or marriage. I also kind of remember that both were in the same prison at one time.

Date: April 23, 2012 08:33AM

Montee was not related to James Breeden in any form -they did live in the Southport Apts off of Beauergard Avenue but there wasnt any other connection. I knew the Breeden family well [ his son Kenny Langley [also known as Q-ball] was a close friend of mine] I also went to school with Montee and played baseball with him and as i said earlier people for the most part were surprised that anyone we knew was capable of serial killings ? -people always thought he was a little out there but nobody had him pegged as a mass murderer. On the other hand people were not surprised when Breeden was arrested for the Ropy Rogers killings as he had a long arrest history and had a hair trigger temper

Date: May 07, 2012 07:20AM

Alexandria Guy.I'm SURE we know each other as everything you've mentioned is exactly what happened, we know the same people and I played baseball with him as well.Mean curve ball!!.He's where he needs to be. Any word on the book?

Re: Need information on Monte Rissel please contact me
Posted by: Steve M ()
Date: May 14, 2012 01:25PM

I knew Monti Rissell as a young kid. I was two or three years older than he was. He was small for his age, left-handed I believe, and had a slight lisp at the time. We lived only a few houses apart, he on Pinewood Terrace, one house away from Lakewood Drive, and I on Lakewood. There were a lot of kids around that block in the 1960s and we played together. Street football, "Spud", war games in the woods, a lot of outdoor stuff. We went to Belvedere Elementary on Columbia Pike. Monti and I did spend some time together, but mostly I was afraid of him as a kid. He was foul-mouthed and bad-tempered. He would sometimes go off on unpredictable and violent outbursts even when he was only 8 years old or so. He would tell distgusting and impossible stories about sex even at that age. He was the one kid in the neighborhood that my mother used to discourage me from playing with.

Monti and I got a little closer as we got older. He could be friendly and even vulnerable when he trusted you. For example, one time we were playing football at the school on a cold weekend and we were walking home afterwards. My hands were so cold I was starting to cry. Monti started crying too and begged me to wear his gloves so I would stop.

I spent the night at his house the weekend before he and his mom moved away from Falls Church. His sister had some company over as well. I remember watching his mother sitting in the living room that night, talking on the telephone, narrating with gusto an altercation with her husband about her leaving town with the kids. She said they were going to California. I don't know if they ever made it there. Monti was not happy about leaving. I don't remember him being angry about it, just sad. I learned later they came back to NoVa but I don't remember seeing Monti again after that night. He must have been about 10 or 11 years old, give or take a year or two, I don't remember exactly.

My family moved to a different house a couple years later. When Monti got arrested his name and picture were on the front page of the Washington Post. I'll always remember my mother handing the paper to me and saying, "There's a friend of yours in the paper today." I was shocked but I can't say I was surprised. It occurred to me at the time, and still today that that is what kids like Monti become when they grow up.

Posted by: Killer In Training ()
Date: May 14, 2012 01:27PM

There's one in the making.

His name is eesh.

Posted by: bdi ()
Date: May 14, 2012 03:24PM

DC Gal Wrote:
> the old yearbook pic doesnt look like a black kid,
> he looks phillipino or something.
> can someone confirm?

&&

FJ Wrote:
> Note that the yearbook scan posted earlier has the
> last column cut off so that the pictures don't
> match the name.

I wasn't going to say anything, but then there was a 2nd person...

5th name down, 5th picture from the left. what is so confusing?!

Posted by: BigRed ()
Date: May 14, 2012 06:56PM

Two Words: Bunny Man

Posted by: Simba ()
Date: June 03, 2012 04:36PM

Keith Gardnder was a mass murderer that killed his parents and 90 year old grandfather. I had the misfortune to know him. He was a spoiled, self-indulgent sociopath. Not clear why his brother would claim "he was a good kid" or why he didn't receive the death penalty. He blamed drug abuse. Most addicts don't murder their parents.

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: June 22, 2012 06:50AM

­

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2013 11:41AM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: moonshine ()
Date: June 22, 2012 07:10AM

Have you all heard of the killing of Donna Sue Oglesby? She was an FBI clerk from Oklahoma killed in her apartment at Skyhill Towers in Alexandria -- now called Carydale East.

Then there were similar killings in Alexandria, Potomac, and Bethesda. They are all unsolved.

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16918

Posted by: wjm41259 ()
Date: August 29, 2012 11:58PM

i remember all those kids-- including the one in question-- i always hated the bastard

Posted by: wjm41259 ()
Date: August 30, 2012 12:01AM

southport was off edsal rd-- i think-- the hamlets were off beauregard-- but i thought they lived in duchess gardens-- but that was a long time ago

Charles F. Holober aka the "Laughing Killer"
Posted by: Laughing Killer ()
Date: August 30, 2012 04:54AM

How about this one...

Charles Francis "Charlie" Holober (June 5, 1908 - January 9, 2003) murdered his pregnant 37-year-old wife Frances Holober and June Holober, their 8-month old child, at the Green Forest Nudist Camp near Pender, Virginia on February 24, 1949.

Holober, the son of Isador Holober and Bertha Holober, was a 40-year-old Washington DC jewelry store clerk who had married Frances on December 22, 1947 when she told him she was pregnant by him.

In February of 1949, Frances told Holober that she was again pregnant and threatened to move in with Holober's parents. Holober devised a plan to kill her, and borrowed his sister's car. He put a shovel and a mattock in the trunk. The next day, he picked up his wife to take her out to the Green Forest nudist club he was a member of. There he shot his wife twice, but when his Luger pistol jammed, he chose to bury his daughter alive.

However, the car Holober had borrowed became enmired when Holober tried to leave, and Holober was forced to spend the night at the site. The next day he hitched a ride to Falls Church and from there took a bus into Washington, where he arranged to have his sister's car towed. He also informed the police of his wife's disappearance, saying she had walked off following an argument.

After the bodies of his wife and child were found, Detectives arrested Holober at his house in Washington. He was indicted, and was sent to the Southwestern State Mental Hospital at Marion, Virginia for observation. Found sane, he was returned for trial to Fairfax County. He was convicted and sentenced to death on January 13, 1950. This conviction was overturned in February, 1951.

Holober was instead committed to the Southwestern State Mental Hospital. Following a bench trial conducted in 1966, again before Judge Paul E. Brown, Holober was found not guilty by reason of insanity.

Following further treatment, Charles F. Holober was released in August, 1968.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: August 31, 2012 08:24AM

Open

I have you now.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: September 01, 2012 12:38PM

open sesame

I have you now.

Posted by: Jack Preble ()
Date: October 01, 2012 03:27PM

I grew up around the Monte Rissell killing area. Lived in the Hamlets and remember those days well. Monte used to say hi to me by name when he saw me, and I always remember wondering who he was. I used to hang out at the gas station on Licolnia with others. Monte dropped his car off their, and after he left the cops showed up and wanted the keys to look in his trunk. Any of you remember John Black, Jeff Packard, Ralph Yost, Casey O'neil, John Kearney, Jack Coogan, and dozens more? Alexandria was a great place back then

Posted by: bubuwuwu ()
Date: October 03, 2012 05:48PM

I killed a whole box of Captin Crunch when I was 17.

Posted by: Lynn ()
Date: December 27, 2012 06:28AM

OMG...it has been well over a year since I came on this site and in reading Jack Preble's post I am freaking out. :-) Not in a bad way at all. I remember a few of the guys you listed. I was really good friends with John Kearney's sister, Eileen. I know this isn't about people coming on here talking about their past, their friends and the old "neighborhood", but how the hell can we not do so when that area is a part of our roots. :-) And unfortunately knowing Montie is a part of my past also. I need to keep reading as there was a few others who asked me to respond to them and I need to get their info and do so. Needless to say Montie is right where he needs to be. I feel really bad for his sister Michelle. I just don't think her mom treated very well.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: December 27, 2012 09:28PM

Nothing like a good Christmas story.

Posted by: James ()
Date: January 26, 2013 06:37PM

moonshine Wrote:
> Have you all heard of the killing of Donna Sue
> Oglesby? She was an FBI clerk from Oklahoma killed
> in her apartment at Skyhill Towers in Alexandria
> -- now called Carydale East.
>
> Then there were similar killings in Alexandria,
> Potomac, and Bethesda. They are all unsolved.
>
> http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php
> ?t=16918

The Oglesby case is NOT related to the Bethesda cases. The Bethesda cases were closed in 2009 with a DNA match. Ogelsby was killed by someone else.

Re: Need information on Monte Rissel please contact me
Posted by: ReaderGirl ()
Date: February 03, 2013 10:28AM

Steve M Wrote:
> I knew Monti Rissell as a young kid. I was two or
> three years older than he was. He was small for
> his age, left-handed I believe, and had a slight
> lisp at the time. We lived only a few houses
> apart, he on Pinewood Terrace, one house away from
> Lakewood Drive, and I on Lakewood. There were a
> lot of kids around that block in the 1960s and we
> played together. Street football, "Spud", war
> games in the woods, a lot of outdoor stuff. We
> went to Belvedere Elementary on Columbia Pike.
> Monti and I did spend some time together, but
> mostly I was afraid of him as a kid. He was
> foul-mouthed and bad-tempered. He would sometimes
> go off on unpredictable and violent outbursts even
> when he was only 8 years old or so. He would tell
> distgusting and impossible stories about sex even
> at that age. He was the one kid in the
> neighborhood that my mother used to discourage me
> from playing with.
>
> Monti and I got a little closer as we got older.
> He could be friendly and even vulnerable when he
> trusted you. For example, one time we were
> playing football at the school on a cold weekend
> and we were walking home afterwards. My hands
> were so cold I was starting to cry. Monti started
> crying too and begged me to wear his gloves so I
> would stop.
>
> I spent the night at his house the weekend before
> he and his mom moved away from Falls Church. His
> sister had some company over as well. I remember
> watching his mother sitting in the living room
> that night, talking on the telephone, narrating
> with gusto an altercation with her husband about
> her leaving town with the kids. She said they
> were going to California. I don't know if they
> ever made it there. Monti was not happy about
> leaving. I don't remember him being angry about
> it, just sad. I learned later they came back to
> NoVa but I don't remember seeing Monti again after
> that night. He must have been about 10 or 11
> years old, give or take a year or two, I don't
> remember exactly.
>
> My family moved to a different house a couple
> years later. When Monti got arrested his name and
> picture were on the front page of the Washington
> Post. I'll always remember my mother handing the
> paper to me and saying, "There's a friend of yours
> in the paper today." I was shocked but I can't
> say I was surprised. It occurred to me at the
> time, and still today that that is what kids like
> Monti become when they grow up.

My family lived on Pinewood terrace from 1978-80 - was Monti there then?

Date: February 05, 2013 08:33AM

Reader Girl -he was in prison at that point -i went to school with Monte and graduated in 1977 -shortly before graduation he was cahrged with the murders - at the time of his arrest Montee lived in some Garden Style apartments of of Bueregard Street in Alexandria

Posted by: SteveM ()
Date: March 05, 2013 08:30AM

That's right, Montie would have been gone by then. I have been thinking about this since I posted my message. I believe he moved out in early 1971, and if he was in the HS class of 1977, that means he was probably 12 the last time I saw him.

Checking google maps, their house number was 3806 Pinewood, one house away from the corner at Lakewood Dr.

I did not follow all of the details of the case when it was current news even though I grew up with Montie, but I have been reading about it lately, and about him after I knew him. His teenage behavior was consistent with character I saw from him when he was younger, just older and therfore more able to do damage. Whatever was wrong with him was wrong even as early as second grade, which is when he moved into my neighborhood. It wasn't just me, all the kids in our neighborhood knew he was dangerous.

Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: March 05, 2013 09:19AM

Wouldn't that be the guy who keeps hiring illegals for construction work and then murdering them after the job? The cops are always congregating somewhere lights running and stopping traffic to investigate them.

Posted by: SEDGE ()
Date: March 25, 2013 10:15AM

I was a friend of Monte's; in '76 I lived one building away from him on Beauregard. We couldn't believe that he was guilty. He'd call and say he was coming over and then when we opened the door without checking who it was, he'd chide us about not being more careful "with all the murders taking place". There is some question about Jim Breeden's guilt; there was an article in Washingtonian magazine several years ago, maybe 10 or more which cast a good bit of doubt on it.

Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: April 02, 2013 11:12AM

moonshine Wrote:
> Have you all heard of the killing of Donna Sue
> Oglesby? She was an FBI clerk from Oklahoma killed
> in her apartment at Skyhill Towers in Alexandria
> -- now called Carydale East.
>
> Then there were similar killings in Alexandria,
> Potomac, and Bethesda. They are all unsolved.
>
> http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php
> ?t=16918

Cold case - FBI clerk’s 1970 murder by scissors remains unsolved
http://washingtonexaminer.com/cold-case-fbi-clerks-1970-murder-by-scissors-remains-unsolved/article/22865

Nearly 40 years have passed since authorities found the naked body of a young woman who’d been killed with a pair of scissors in her high-rise Alexandria apartment.

The body found in early 1970 was that of Donna Sue Oglesby, an 18-year-old from the town of Poteau, Okla. She had been stabbed and slashed across the throat and chest.

With no witnesses and few leads for investigators to follow, Oglesby’s case remains unsolved.

At the time, the slaying was thought to be linked with two others that occurred in the Washington area within 16 days of Oglesby’s death.

On Jan. 18, 1970, 14-year-old Sherry Bristol Kennedy was found dead near a ditch under a bridge in Montgomery County, with an ice pick through her head. She, too, had been stabbed and cut. Ten days later, 33-year-old high school teacher Catharine Kalberer was found dead in a neighbor’s car outside of her Bethesda apartment, stabbed with a kitchen knife more than 100 times. Five days after that, Oglesby was slain.

All three victims were found within a mile of the Beltway; and all three were blond.

Oglesby had come to the Washington area to work as an FBI clerk after recruiters visited her high school searching for young women to do office work near the bureau’s headquarters. A co-worker once described Oglesby as outgoing, vivacious and a partygoer.

After her death, FBI agents took up the hunt for her killer.
Oglesby was one of two girls from her 96-member 1969 graduating class to make the more than 1,000-mile trek to the nation’s capital.

“It was the first time they were ever away from home,” the father of the Poteau girl who accompanied Oglesby to D.C. told the Washington Post News Service. “A fella can’t keep from worrying when you read about things happening in Washington.”

Oglesby was an active member of the Poteau Assembly of God Church, where her grandfather was a minister. A member of the congregation told the news service: “We used to pray for her there in Washington.”

Her case — and the two others — remain open. Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI at 703-686-6000.

Posted by: Mike O'Brien ()
Date: May 23, 2013 04:51PM

Are you talking about Monty Rissell? I went to school with him and he was caught in Alexandria

Posted by: alice ()
Date: May 23, 2013 06:12PM

Monte Rissell, a serial killer whose committed his first murder on the day he saw his ex-girlfriend with another man. A young man with several convictions for aggressive crimes, including burglary, on his record, Rissell was nineteen at the time. The girlfriend had just broken up with him via letter, and the reality of the break-up hit Rissell when he drove up to her college and spotted her with her new boyfriend. But instead of taking his anger out on her, he drove back home to Alexandria, VA. There, sitting in his car in the parking lot of his apartment complex, he steamed, drinking and getting high.

When he saw an unaccompanied woman pull into the lot, the fantasy kicked in-and he was just emboldened enough by his anger and inebriation to act on it. What he didn't know at first was that she was a prostitute, a sick coincidence given that prostitutes are victims of choice for many serial killers.

Rissell told us he was shocked when the woman tried to defuse the situation by making the sex act seem enjoyable, by trying to make him feel good. It just made him madder, and he ultimately killed her. He chased her, and they fell down a ravine, where he bashed her head against a rock and held her head under water until she drowned.

Rissell had gotten the first one out of the way, and his inhibitions were gone. He killed five women before he was caught.

Posted by: Sgt. Joe Friday ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:30PM

I'm glad that piece of shit Rissell remains exactly where he belongs - locked away from civilized society. Hopefully he has been repaid for his deeds numerous times. Incarcerated rapists are pussy on the hoof in the prison system.

Posted by: DWNicolo ()
Date: May 25, 2013 01:16AM

Anyone remember the freeway phantom killer?

Posted by: newstome ()
Date: May 25, 2013 11:25AM

DWNicolo Wrote:
> Anyone remember the freeway phantom killer?

Wow, never heard of that one until you posted it. I found it pretty easily on Wikipedia...

"Freeway Phantom"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeway_Phantom

"Freeway Phantom" was the name given to an unidentified serial killer known to have abducted, raped and strangled six female youths in Washington, D.C. from April 1971 through September 1972. The victims were all African-American girls between the ages of 10 and 18.

Murders [edit]On the evening of April 25, 1971, 13-year old Carol Spinks was sent by an older sister to buy groceries at a 7-Eleven located a half-mile away from her home, just across the border in Maryland. On her way home from the store, Carol was abducted; her body was found six days later on a grassy embankment next to the northbound lanes of I-295, about 1,500 feet south of Suitland Parkway.

Over a month later, on July 8, 1971, Darlenia Johnson, 16, was abducted while en route to her summer job at a recreation center. Eleven days later, her body was discovered a mere 15 feet from where Spinks was found.

On July 27, 1971, 10-year old Brenda Crockett failed to return home after having been sent to the store by her mother. Three hours after Brenda was last seen, the phone rang and was answered by her 7-year old sister, who had waited at home while her family searched the neighborhood. Brenda was on the other line, crying.

"A white man picked me up, and I'm heading home in a cab," Brenda told her sister, adding that she believed she was in Virginia before abruptly saying "Bye" and hanging up.

A short time later, the phone rang again and was this time answered by the boyfriend of Brenda's mother. It was Brenda again, and she merely repeated what she'd said in the last telephone call, indicating she was alone in a house with a white male. The boyfriend asked Brenda to have the man come to the phone. Heavy footsteps were heard in the background. Brenda said "I'll see you" and hung up. A few hours later, a hitchhiker discovered Brenda's body in a conspicuous location on Route 50, near I-295 in Prince George's County, Maryland. She had been raped and strangled, and a scarf was knotted around her neck.

Authorities quickly concluded that Brenda likely called her home at the behest of the killer, who fed her inaccurate information in order to buy the necessary time to perpetrate the crime, and to hamper investigation. Furthermore, one witness reported having seen one of the victims, Ms. Johnson, in an old black car, driven by an African-American male, shortly after her abduction.

12-year old Nenomoshia Yates was walking home from a Safeway store in Northeast Washington, D.C. on October 1, 1971, when she was kidnapped, raped, and strangled. Her body was found within a few hours of her abduction, just off the shoulder of Pennsylvania Avenue in Prince George's County, Maryland. It is after this murder that the "Freeway Phantom" moniker was first used in city tabloid article describing the murders.

After having dinner with a high school classmate on November 15, 1971, Brenda Woodward, 18, boarded a city bus to return to her Maryland Avenue home. Approximately six hours later, a police officer discovered her body, stabbed and strangled, in a grassy area near an access ramp to Route 202 from the Baltimore–Washington Parkway. A coat had been placed over her chest, and one of its pockets contained a note from the killer:

This is tantamount to my insensititivity [sic] to people especially women.
I will admit the others when you catch me if you can!

Free-way Phantom

Authorities surmised that the note, written on paper cut from the victim's school notebook, was dictated to and handwritten by her.

The Phantom's final victim was claimed almost a year later, on September 5, 1972. 17-year old Ballou High School senior Diane Williams cooked dinner for her family and then visited her boyfriend's house. She was last seen alive boarding a bus. A short time later, her strangled body was discovered dumped alongside I-295, just south of the District line.

Investigation and Evidence [edit]The Freeway Phantom case has seen numerous investigators and interest over the years. Numerous investigative tips came from the general public by a telephone hot line operated by the Metropolitan Police Department, and the U.S. Mail, and all leads were investigated to their logical conclusion. Some leads were easily proven not to be viable, and others required substantial investigation. The investigation was conducted by a law enforcement task force that included Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department Homicide and Sex Squads, investigators from Prince Georges County and Montgomery County, MD, Maryland State Police, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Among those individuals investigated, members of a gang known as the Green Vega Rapists were considered. Those gang members were collectively responsible for numerous Washington D.C. and surrounding Maryland vicinity rapes and abductions that occurred near the Washington Beltway. Logical investigation and intimate knowledge of the modus operandi of the Green Vega Gang brought them forefront. The Green Vega Gang members were individually interviewed by M.P.D.C. Homicide Detectives Fickling, Irving, and Richardson, at Lorton Prison, Lorton, VA, where the gang members were serving sentences in conjunction with successful prosecutions of those crimes in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. During the interviews of the Green Vega Gang members, one gang member initially implicated another gang member, who he said told him he was involved and gave information as to a beltway homicide. The implicated inmate was also serving a sentence at Lorton for the Green Vega convictions. The inmate stipulated that he would provide the information only if he could remain unidentified, which was agreed. He identified the inmate who gave him the information, the date and location of the crime, and signature detail which was not provided to the public, but which was known to the perpetrator, and to detectives. That signature information was correct. The inmate who provided the information said he was not involved in the Homicide, and provided an alibi which was found to be true. During this period, an election was being held in Maryland, and one of the candidates publicly announced to the press, that a break had occurred in the Freeway Phantom investigation, and provided that an inmate at Lorton Prison had given the information. After that announcement, the inmate who provided the information declined any further interviews, and denied that he had ever provided any information.

Unfortunately, common practice at the time was that case files at Metropolitan Police Department Detective Divisions were retained in files maintained by the Detectives assigned to the case. As a result, the Freeway Phantom case files have been lost, along with the associated notes, and all investigators assigned as primary or task force have either long retired, or are deceased.

Ultimately, no investigative lead produced sufficient evidence for prosecution. However, interest in these serial killings has never faded, and this case is open as a cold case in the Metropolitan Police Department Homicide Division.

Suspect [edit]In March, 1977, a 58-year old computer technician, Robert Elwood Askins, was charged with abducting and raping a 24-year old woman inside his Washington, D.C. home. Homicide detective Lloyd Davis proceeded to question Askins and learned that he had been charged with murder on several previous occasions.

On December 28, 1938, Askins—then a 19-year old student and member of the science club at Miner Teachers College—served cyanide-laced whiskey to five prostitutes at a brothel, resulting in the death of 31-year old Ruth McDonald. On December 30, only two days later, he stabbed to death another prostitute, 26-year old Elizabeth Johnson, at the same location. Upon his arrest, Askins declared to police that he was a "woman hater" and was placed under mental observation at Washington, D.C.'s Gallinger Hospital. While there, he broke free of his restraints and assaulted three orderlies with a chair before being subdued. During his trial, it was revealed that he'd been a police informant, aiding law enforcement in the arrests of prostitutes. In April 1939, Askins was found criminally insane and committed to St. Elizabeths Hospital.

Five months after being released in April, 1952, Askins strangled 42-year old Laura Cook to death. He was indicted for this murder in 1954, accused of several other assaults of similar circumstance, and re-tried for the 1938 murder, it having been determined that he was indeed sane upon committing the act. Despite claiming he intended the cyanide for himself, planning suicide, he was convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to twenty years to life. This conviction was overturned in 1958.

After the 1978 rape charge, Askins' home was searched by police in connection with the Freeway Phantom murders. Court documents were found in a desk drawer in which a judge had used the word "tantamount," an uncommon word that had appeared in the note dictated by the killer of Brenda Woodward. Furthermore, colleagues at the National Science Foundation where Askins was employed reported that "tantamount" was a word that frequently cropped up in his speech.

A search warrant was eventually obtained, and investigators dug through Askins' backyard. No physical evidence was obtained and Askins was not charged in connection with the Freeway Phantom killings.

Askins, who died at the Federal Correctional Institution in Cumberland, Maryland at the age of 91, remained in prison for two D.C.-area abductions and rapes in the mid-70s, and had been contacted by both Davis and press regarding the Freeway Phantom slayings. He denied any role in them, adding that he did not have "the depravity of mind required to commit any of the crimes."

Posted by: Hans ()
Date: June 05, 2013 03:34PM

Does anyone know where the rissel murders happend or where like the bodies were discovered. i have recently learned about this and just want more overall details of where all this took place

Posted by: lkajdskfslfjsldf ()
Date: June 05, 2013 07:14PM

Attachments:
tumblr_lb5s2m7GpT1qb7328o1_500.gif

Date: August 27, 2013 07:48AM

Does anyone else remember Montie from his Falls Church days? Would have been when he lived on Pinewood Terrace from 1967-1972 or thereabout. He attended Belvedere Elementary School from 2nd through 6th grade or so.

Posted by: Sober ()
Date: August 27, 2013 10:38AM

In Fairfax their not called serial killers, their called repeat Drunk Drivers.

Posted by: SM ()
Date: October 29, 2013 05:36PM

Steve,

Was Montie close to his brother or sister back then?

Posted by: they is ()
Date: October 29, 2013 06:06PM

Sober Wrote:
> In Fairfax their not called serial killers, their
> called repeat Drunk Drivers.

"Their" also called repeat Bad Spellers.

Try "they're", contraction of They are.

Posted by: peanuts ()
Date: October 29, 2013 10:44PM

Arthur Goode approached me late one afternoon in the parking lot of the Montgomery Wards that used to be located on Arlington Blvd. in Falls Church. I was buying stamps at the post office kiosk that used to be there and he came up to me and asked how to get to Route 7. I noticed he had a young boy with him and I thought that was kind of strange, but the boy acted normal. Anyway, I gave him directions and that was that.

The next day I saw his picture in the paper and was stunned to discover who he was. I still feel guilty I didn't ask the boy if he was all right (I'm female) but I was very young and inexperienced and totally nonconfrontational in those days.

Posted by: HollyHostile ()
Date: October 31, 2013 01:41PM

Bump :)

Obama's Approval Rating with Military? 15%
Date: October 31, 2013 07:53PM

`

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2015 08:35PM by WingNut.

Posted by: Stevve M ()
Date: November 27, 2013 05:48PM

Re: Montie being close to his brother and sister, I don't recall his brother much except he stole my football and wrote his name all over it in magic marker. Ticked me off and I stole it back, but he came to my house when I was not home and my mother gave it back to him.

Michelle was closer in age and she was more involved with Montie as I recall. Anyway she and I knew each other but I did not know the brother well and in fact I am drawing a blank on his name now. Harold? Michelle was always around and was closer to Montie I'm sure.

Posted by: dum and dummier ()
Date: November 27, 2013 10:32PM

Last photo is jim carrey.

Date: December 17, 2013 06:58AM

Fixing my "posted by" name...darn tablet.

Posted by: George ()
Date: December 17, 2013 11:32AM

In virginia their not called serial Killers, their called Drunk Drivers and they murder about 400 people a year here.

Posted by: Mike O Meara ()
Date: December 17, 2013 12:16PM

Yes...ME...MIKE O'MEARA

I been killing the airwaves for 25+ years...
Attachments:
untitled2.bmp

Posted by: Mike O Meara fan ()
Date: December 18, 2013 01:50PM

Mike O Meara Wrote:
> Yes...ME...MIKE O'MEARA
>
> I been killing the airwaves for 25+ years...

...And the chairs he sits in.

Posted by: Mike O Meara ()
Date: December 18, 2013 01:55PM

Mike O Meara fan Wrote:
> Mike O Meara Wrote:
> -----
> > Yes...ME...MIKE O'MEARA
> >
> > I been killing the airwaves for 25+ years...
>
> ...And the chairs he sits in.

I've been killing this hot young thing for 5 years...

BOO YEAH
Attachments:
photo-240x240.jpg
TMOS4154_carla-mike2.jpg

Posted by: Killer ()
Date: December 18, 2013 01:57PM

Well, Hussein Obama is close to NOVA, I think DC counts. Hussein Obama is a serial killer.

Murder of Minnie, Loretta and Catherine Ridgeway - March 1927
Posted by: Fairfax CSI ()
Date: July 14, 2014 11:19AM

Minnie, Loretta and Catherine Ridgeway: March 1927
http://virginiaghosts.com/bunnyman.php

The available newspapers record many murders, but few shocked Fairfax like the ferocious and senseless attack on Mrs. Minnie Ridgeway and her two young daughters. Mrs. Ridgeway lived with her husband and three children on Telegraph Road in Alexandria. Sometime on the morning of March 4, 1927, a man later identified as Louis Boersig called at the home on the pretext of seeing Mr. Ridgeway. Upon finding that he was not at home, Boersig attacked and beat Minnie Ridgeway into unconsciousness and then likewise bludgeoned her daughters Loretta, 7, and Catherine, 5. He then stole money from the home and fled.

The crime was discovered by a neighbor who heard moans coming from inside the house. All three victims were taken to Alexandria Hospital, where Loretta later died. Catherine Ridgeway lived another eight days before succumbing to her injuries. Minnie recovered and was able to identify the assailant, who was known to the Ridgeways. Boersig was arrested at his home and transferred to the jail in Winchester for his safety.

Louis Boersig was executed for the murders of Loretta and Catherine Ridgeway on July 7, 1927, just three months after his horrific crime.

Re: Murder of Minnie, Loretta and Catherine Ridgeway - March 1927
Posted by: KPW ()
Date: July 14, 2014 11:23AM

Well, there have been stories of a local contractor....

Date: September 08, 2014 10:09PM

Bumping this message up. No one on this thread remembers Montie Rissell when he lived on Pinewood Terrace?

Posted by: 7Ud6p ()
Date: September 09, 2014 11:19AM

there have been plenty of black serial killers in the area - who killed, robbed, raped, and held up banks. and it is still happening. and not less - more

and you know it

Posted by: b3TX4 ()
Date: September 09, 2014 11:20AM

article obviously written by a nigga

hoping to find any dirt on white people he can

Posted by: M7dvP ()
Date: September 09, 2014 11:23AM

Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: Y79jk ()
Date: September 09, 2014 11:26AM

planned poverty (from top down) which causes marriages to break apart (and wars) can be thought of as a serial murder

this is why i don't move to detroit city, or atlanta, or any of the growing number of cities controlled by NAACP. once they sue and get in, it's a turf war of firings, and they control the city, corruptly. no surpluses: billions in debt

yes and why is fairfax subsidizing that? for mcmansions in MD and casinos maybe?

Posted by: Kejwx ()
Date: September 09, 2014 11:27AM

you keep your ways. i'll keep my ways

they don't mix

Posted by: H ()
Date: September 17, 2014 02:16PM

who are the women missing now, and where are they from/vanished from?

Posted by: Sane ()
Date: September 17, 2014 02:49PM

Police think they have the guy that shot three people in the Alexandria area at random....Charles Severence. He would knock on a door, fire, and then flee. He was tied up in Wheeling, WV for months on an extradition matter and is also wanted in Loudoun County on gun charges.

Posted by: somthngngo ()
Date: September 17, 2014 06:43PM

Take this as you wish, 8 years ago I took to Guatemalan trip of a lifetime and was having intense psychic visions for months. The worst was that of a black male, thin/medium build, late 20's to mid-thirties, who appeared to be from the islands. He was terrifying, stalking, veering and preying. This image did not leave my mind for years.
I don't expect anybody to believe me on this but, he looked exactly like the police composite of the Morgan Harrington suspected killer.

Posted by: dbmg2005 ()
Date: September 18, 2014 06:39PM

Does anyone know if any of the Montie Rissells victims had children? I feel like some of these women were old enough to have had children. If so, how they must be today. I feel for the familes left behind. Would love to know more.

Posted by: dbmg2005 ()
Date: September 19, 2014 05:36AM

Please, anyone who has posted here about Montie Rissell who lived near him and the his victims, please private message me. Very important. I will explain if and when you message me.

Thanks

Posted by: mVnF4 ()
Date: September 20, 2014 11:29AM

the legal people in fx co (fx co gov and courts and lawyers and police)

they stalk people to death, giving them as long false legal histories as possible, trying to intract illegal reaction by them, offer frustrating family services that wreck families: they then steal their cars and or auction their home when everyone is dead or in prison or dumb enough not to realize fx co owes them allot of money

Posted by: KDHCN ()
Date: September 20, 2014 11:30AM

yes. niggers and spics too many to name.

continual armed robberies and break-ins in the area since they arrives

also continual murders

Posted by: Kim ()
Date: November 25, 2014 06:27PM

That link says he is in the Pocahontas Correctional Facility.

Posted by: Alex resident ()
Date: November 25, 2014 06:44PM

To DBMG - I knew Montee from 9TH grade until he was sentenced -played baseball with him and lived a couple miles away - we had several mutual friends but I was never a real close friend -the night they found one of the bodies we were playing basketball about 200 yards from grave -if I remember correctly none of his victims had children but not totally sure about that -he was jailed about 30 days before we graduated from TC Williams in 1977

Posted by: Gmtk2 ()
Date: November 25, 2014 06:50PM

Alex resident Wrote:
> To DBMG - I knew Montee from 9TH grade until he
> was sentenced -played baseball with him and lived
> a couple miles away - we had several mutual
> friends but I was never a real close friend -the
> night they found one of the bodies we were playing
> basketball about 200 yards from grave -if I
> remember correctly none of his victims had
> children but not totally sure about that -he was
> jailed about 30 days before we graduated from TC
> Williams in 1977

Wow, he was just acting normally, not nervous at all?!

Posted by: aLEX RESIDENT ()
Date: November 26, 2014 06:17PM

As I said before we were not extremely close so I don't know if he was nervous or not - he was a bit strange to begin with but nobody in the group I hung out with pegged him as a serial killer - he actually dated a girl that I knew well and she looks back on these whole situation and didn't think he was capable of murder either - I guess you never know ?

Posted by: Boxer ()
Date: November 28, 2014 07:44AM

does the current president count?

Posted by: sharkbite7 ()
Date: December 04, 2014 12:07AM

I used to babysit for Rosie Gordon. There was speculation that she was killed by Otis Toole, the guy who killed Adam Walsh. It is still an unsolved case. She was a sweet kid and that area of Lake Braddock was just devastated. RIP Rosie.

Posted by: Neal ()
Date: February 20, 2015 09:14PM

I was good friends with Monte for several years. He lived in Saxony Square with his mom and sister. Nobody could have pegged him as a killer at least when I knew him.

Posted by: towman ()
Date: February 21, 2015 03:06PM

Thankfully, Mr. Prieto is awaiting his turn in the fryer...

Date: February 21, 2015 06:06PM

Posted by: Towman ()
Date: February 22, 2015 10:09AM

the idea behind bringing him to va was justice for Rachel and Warren's families...this was Bob Horan's last case, and, in capital cases, he operated on the slogan, "5 years trial to tomb"...I was a juror in his first trial...quite the ordeal

Posted by: i think his name was ()
Date: October 15, 2015 07:26PM

I think the answer is yes. The guys name is Torres. He used to be a cop in Fairfax County until he got too hot. His bosses like him killing people until he attracted too much attention.

Date: November 17, 2015 08:39AM

I just watched the film "The Butterfly Effect" from 2004. In the movie, the brother of the lead female character is a sadistic sociopath. He reminds me of Montie Rissell when I knew Montie as a kid.

Posted by: Bill A ()
Date: July 30, 2016 06:39PM

I lived in the west end of Alexandria on Beauregard st with my sister. She had Montie as a classmate in the 7th grade and most likely the sixth grade. In 1972 there seemed to be more problems in the neighborhood with theft and even a few car thefts. Montie had a pack of "friends" that seemed to be at the epicenter of trouble.There was a kid named Mark, another Robbie, a girl Andrea and one other kid I did not get the name of.

I came back from a class at the community college and found our apartment had been broken into. I was missing a stereo cassette recorder, some money, and some records. When my sister got home she was missing some items. Later my mom came back from work and she was missing some items from her jewelry box. So I headed out the door and found Robbie. I pinned him down and was going to beat the crap out of him if he did not give me the information. Yup - It was Montie. My mother called Montie's mom and told her to get him down to the apartment with what he had stolen. She did show up with Montie and basically told my mom Montie did not have to return the goods. My Mother was a former Army Officer and she spun up into high gear. So Montie's mom tells him to go back to the car. I went through the patio door and followed him to the car. I saw my recorder on the car seat and pushed Montie away. I yelled to my sister to come to the car. We got everything leaving Montie who was making threats and cursing. Mom was still having words with the Ms. when we told her we had got everything stolen from the car. At that point Ms. Rissell told us she was calling the police, which my mom's reply was fine. The police never showed up. But several months later there was a small gunshot hole in our patio entrance glass. We did not see it happen and by the time we did see it, my mother had run the vacuum a number of times. The police thought it was a fairly high powered BB. Looking back it is too bad my Mom had not called the police when Montie broke in. It would have been one more on his record.

Montie did get the crap kicked out of him not that may months later. We live (my sister and I) in three story garden apartment buildings, with a firs floor or basement passage way with storage units. Montie tried to attack (and most likely rpe) a girl my sister know. She was not attractive, and was quite strong. Montie had followed her into the end of her building. He did not get to far as she kicked and punched the crap of of him and went for a number of groin kicks. She did tell us about it and Montie was walking funny for about a week. That was probably more coal poured on to his hate of women fire.

I have long suspected that Montie raped a couple of girls living over on the other side of Beauregard. That was just across the creek from where he lived, and where he killed on victim. There was one girl who my sister somewhat knew who was a skinny kid, suddenly began to gain weight. We did not hear what happened to her and her sister would only say she was living with someone else.

I will talk with my sister and post again. There is a lot more we both know.

Posted by: good post.. ()
Date: July 30, 2016 06:57PM

Bill A. that is really fucked up, you must feel lucky as it could have been worst.

Please share more when you can, thanks.

Posted by: Joke Insurance ()
Date: February 16, 2017 09:44PM

Stones Wrote:
> Rosie Gordon in 1987? She was a little girl who
> was killed and found dead in Burke. I think she
> was abducted walking to school. They thought that
> Melissa Brannen's killer could be the same guy.
> Also, maybe those sisters in Spotsylvania and m/b
> the Route 29 stalker/killer as some more recent
> attacks. I'm pretty sure he was never caught and
> even if the Rosie Gordon killer was only
> responsible for that death, he for sure would have
> also killed elsewhere. It was a kiddie rape/kill
> so she doesn't tell thing and those guys always
> attack more than once.

Wasn't that the girl who was murdered at the corner of Burke Road and Lake Braddock Drive?

Posted by: Pochahontis ()
Date: April 23, 2017 10:12AM

Is it possible that Richard Marc Evonitz was near Lake Braddock Highschool area in 1987? I had an unnerving experience with a man in a foreign made vehicle, he was wearing those opalescent oakley's so I couldn't get a good look at his eyes. It was so long ago I can't remember if it was a "85 honda I am certain it was a Japanese made sports vehicle. It was either white or a metallic blue color. I wasn't paying attention to the vehicle because I didn't take my eyes off that guys face. If he got out of that car I was going to bolt. I saw his picture on the internet and Evonitz looks a lot like the man.

Posted by: mEVF4 ()
Date: May 02, 2017 10:09AM

Lock them up.

Posted by: Bill Tench ()
Date: October 30, 2017 08:54PM

Bill A Wrote:
> I have long suspected that Montie raped a couple
> of girls living over on the other side of
> Beauregard. That was just across the creek from
> where he lived, and where he killed on victim.
> There was one girl who my sister somewhat knew who
> was a skinny kid, suddenly began to gain weight.
> We did not hear what happened to her and her
> sister would only say she was living with someone
> else.

I started watching "Mindhunter" over the weekend, a new Netflix show that came out 2 weeks ago. It's about the FBI agents in the 1970s who started the bureau's research into the behavior of serial murderers.

One of the early episodes involves this Monte Rissell guy, there are scenes where they actually go to the prison and interview him. In the show they said he was from Falls Church. They portrayed him as some young, cocky fuck up. It's a fictional 'cop show' but holy shit, I never knew about this.

Posted by: Holden.Ford ()
Date: October 30, 2017 10:30PM

Bill Tench Wrote:
> Bill A Wrote:
> -----
> > I have long suspected that Montie raped a
> couple
> > of girls living over on the other side of
> > Beauregard. That was just across the creek from
> > where he lived, and where he killed on victim.
> > There was one girl who my sister somewhat knew
> who
> > was a skinny kid, suddenly began to gain
> weight.
> > We did not hear what happened to her and her
> > sister would only say she was living with
> someone
> > else.
>
> I started watching "Mindhunter" over the weekend,
> a new Netflix show that came out 2 weeks ago.
> It's about the FBI agents in the 1970s who started
> the bureau's research into the behavior of serial
> murderers.
>
> One of the early episodes involves this Monte
> Rissell guy, there are scenes where they actually
> go to the prison and interview him. In the show
> they said he was from Falls Church. They
> portrayed him as some young, cocky fuck up. It's
> a fictional 'cop show' but holy shit, I never knew
> about this.

I'm Ford...he's Tench. Hey Bill, I forgot the projector again. Will you go back in and grab it for me? I'll move your golf clubs and make room in the trunk. We need to hustle back to Charlottesville...Debbie just called and said if I finger her pussy, she'll give me a blow job. It's completely unbelievable that a chick that hot would ever want to bone a Fed.

Overall, a solid show. It reminds me of "Se7en" mixed with a grittier "Silence of the Lambs". If you want to know about the darkness of the human soul, see some extremely violent crime scene photos and watch 2 G-Men drive around in malaise-era sedans listening to obscure 70's rock...then I highly recommend this show.

Posted by: Bill Tench ()
Date: October 30, 2017 10:40PM

Holden.Ford Wrote:
> Overall, a solid show. It reminds me of "Se7en"
> mixed with a grittier "Silence of the Lambs". If
> you want to know about the darkness of the human
> soul, see some extremely violent crime scene
> photos and watch 2 G-Men drive around in
> malaise-era sedans listening to obscure 70's
> rock...then I highly recommend this show.

I like it. I read a book about the BTK Killer last year and immediately recognized this show’s cold openings with the nerdy ADT security guy. Was shocked to know that a real serial rapist/murder happened here in FFX.

i’m not big classic rock fan either but the show does have a good soundtrack too.

Posted by: Stones. ()
Date: October 30, 2017 11:06PM

70 yr old women Wrote:
> There is still the unsolved murders of the three
> (aged 70) women residing near Springfield /
> Annandale. The first two that were murdered in
> their homes months apart had been to different
> Giant Food Stores in the mid morning.
>
> These women lived alone & police assumed that each
> must have known the perp./murderer because there
> wasn't a forced entry.
>
> The 3rd woman that was murdered a year later, had
> a very unique ring stolen.
> If the same person killed all three women, he
> would be a serial killer.
>
> He tended to target women in their seventies.
> Does anyone else recall the details?
>
>
> Fairfax County Police Department
> Public Information Office
> 4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
> 703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
> FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
> www.fairfaxcounty.gov
> News Release:

I'm like 94% sure I know who did this...the Marion murders. I submitted a tip years ago...even got interviewed about 7 years ago. His name starts with an A and he was found shortly after. Police know who he is. He's in jail for a property crime shortly after and probably still. My guess is they just never had enough evidence but knownhe was in jail and not a threat any longer.

Posted by: Stones. ()
Date: October 30, 2017 11:10PM

stones Wrote:
> Yeah, the Marion Newman and Marion somebody else.
> My wife used to be one of their neighbors. Older
> women who lived alone. The means of death has
> never exactly been released and is just "upper
> body trauma". I guess they are keeping this
> secret and it's something only the killer would
> know. I was actually interviewed by the
> detectives. I work with someone who was a suspect
> at one point but I knew he was not responsible.
> There was another guy who lived in the area and
> was later found squatting in an abandoned house
> less than a mile from where they were both last
> seen (Bradlick shopping center in Annandale).
> This guy had broken into a bunch of houses in the
> area and had Mental Health issues. I reported it
> to the tip line but obviously, if it was him,
> these cases wouldn't still be open. Still though,
> maybe. He's in jail now for the break-ins.

Oh shit, I already replied. 6 years ago :)

Posted by: Holden.Ford ()
Date: October 30, 2017 11:56PM

Bill Tench Wrote:
> Holden.Ford Wrote:
> -----
> > Overall, a solid show. It reminds me of "Se7en"
> > mixed with a grittier "Silence of the Lambs".
> If
> > you want to know about the darkness of the
> human
> > soul, see some extremely violent crime scene
> > photos and watch 2 G-Men drive around in
> > malaise-era sedans listening to obscure 70's
> > rock...then I highly recommend this show.
>
> I like it. I read a book about the BTK Killer
> last year and immediately recognized this show’s
> cold openings with the nerdy ADT security guy.
> Was shocked to know that a real serial
> rapist/murder happened here in FFX.
>
> i’m not big classic rock fan either but the show
> does have a good soundtrack too.

I like classic rock...but the deep cuts. 40 fucking years now and the world still thinks "Stairway" is Zeppelin's best work. It's just not. Meanwhile I've been holding "Achilles Last Stand" in one hand and "Ten Years Gone" in the other. Nobody wants to listen to me.

My only complaint of "Mindhunter" is that sometimes they go for the shock value and it just really cheapens things...

Debbie's line which I mentioned above...Oh look! Super hot 70's chick talking filthy while getting fucked!

The very first scene when the dude blows his head off. Important that we see Holden's frustrations in his final days as a negotiator...unnecessary to see the graphicness of the death. It could've happened off-screen and we still would'be been shocked by its abruptness. This is 2017 not 1957 so, we're going to see that and no doubt a lot more worse as we are further desensitized throughout the show.

The revelation that Wendy is a lesbian. Yawn...whatever...not germane...

The way the crime scene photos are just sprung on viewers for maximum effect...Hey, Bill you need a light? So, I'm sitting here in the office last week and I get a call about a mother and her infant son...murdered and bloodily sodomized...BOOM! 8 seconds to the most jarring images I've ever seen. Yes, I am shocked...it's still a cheap parlor trick.

Thoughts?

Posted by: Beth ()
Date: February 23, 2018 08:44PM

Monte Rissell ~ We went to T.C. Williams together. He was a senior in early 1976 and I was a junior (graduated in 1978). Then one day in late fall, he wasn't in class any more but on the news.
Attachments:
Monte Rissell.jpg

Posted by: Never been caught ()
Date: February 24, 2018 10:23AM

11 different girls aged 4-9 have been abducted and missing, throughout Fairfax County, from 1986-2012, with very similar traits. Remember Rosie Gordon?

Posted by: Tc Williams ()
Date: February 24, 2018 05:54PM

I was in prison but I remember circa 1990-1992, there was a serial killer that strangled women and he left a credit card receipt in one of the plastic grocery bags.
Was I hallucinating or did something like this happen??

Posted by: Help me ()
Date: February 24, 2018 08:49PM

There was a serial killer in ffx county that killed prostitutes in 1990-1992.
Was a guy in his 20’s that would use plastic grocery bags to suffocate the women. He finally got caught bc the credit card receipt was in the bag. Does anyone know what I’m talking about?
Thanks

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.