HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
TJ SIS/Essay Prompts
Posted by: TJ SIS/Essay Prompts ()
Date: January 27, 2016 07:22PM

Does anyone remember the TJ SIS/Essay Prompts from previous years? Does anyone know if the any of the specialized 12th grade reviewers have leaked the prompts for this year?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TJ SIS/Essay Prompts
Posted by: Angel ()
Date: January 27, 2016 07:33PM

Before I answer you question... how did you find out about specialized seniors? That is classified information. Either you have a sibling that went to TJ and was a specialized senior, or you have been talking with someone that is risking suspension.

Posted by: trololol ()
Date: January 27, 2016 08:49PM

All the dumbshits on this forum don't give a damn about education. None of them will know

Posted by: Keonte Shevontay ()
Date: January 27, 2016 09:19PM

Angel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Before I answer you question... how did you find
> out about specialized seniors? That is classified
> information. Either you have a sibling that went
> to TJ and was a specialized senior, or you have
> been talking with someone that is risking
> suspension.

Proof school is pointless right here.

They're training kids these days to be dumb transgendered drones who work happily for Jews.

Posted by: Angel ()
Date: January 27, 2016 10:12PM

Thank you for that homophobic and anti-Semitic comment. TJ respects all cultures :)

Anyway that information really shouldn't be publicized.

Posted by: Very Specialized Senior ()
Date: January 27, 2016 11:27PM

Angel Wrote:
> Before I answer you question... how did you find
> out about specialized seniors? That is classified
> information. Either you have a sibling that went
> to TJ and was a specialized senior, or you have
> been talking with someone that is risking
> suspension.

There is no such thing as "classified information" in a public school. Only Privacy Act information and the like can can not be released.

Posted by: admit the obvious. ()
Date: January 27, 2016 11:28PM

Angel Wrote:
> Thank you for that homophobic and anti-Semitic
> comment. TJ respects all cultures :)
>
> Anyway that information really shouldn't be
> publicized.

Come on Angel - the fix is in. Its obvious most of the people who get in have access to 'classified' information. Its fixed. Asians are not 300% smarter than every other race and they dont study hard enough to get through the exam at the rates they do. They PAY to get in. They PAY prep/cheating mills to train them for years on 'classified' information.

You seem smart, admit the obvious.

admit the obvious. http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/09/world/asia/south-korea-exam-scandal/

Posted by: Jpyxw ()
Date: January 27, 2016 11:41PM

Wednesday, May 3, 2006

The outgoing principal of Fairfax County's elite Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology has apologized to students, parents and teachers for linking ethnicity to stealing and cheating by some students.

In the letter, Lodal said she was discussing theft and cheating in March at a PTSA meeting and "identified the ethnicity of the students who were caught and the percentage of these students who were involved with disciplinary issues in early 2006."

Lodal, who began her career in Fairfax schools in the 1970s and has been principal at three other schools, would not describe exactly what she said, but a teacher who attended the meeting and several parents who met with Lodal afterward said she noted that several of the offenders are Asian.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/02/AR2006050201589.html

Posted by: fffree ()
Date: January 27, 2016 11:45PM

From 2000–2006, Elizabeth V. Lodal served as the principal of Thomas Jefferson. In the spring of 2006, Lodal announced her retirement after 40 years as a public school educator and principal of four Fairfax County secondary schools. The timing of her retirement closely followed a situation in which Lodal stated that the pressures Asian parents are widely perceived to place on their children to excel at TJHSST resulted in Asian students committing a disproportionally high percentage of the cheating and theft incidents uncovered by the administration. After a negative response from the Asian community, Principal Lodal wrote a letter in the Parent, Teacher and Student Association Newsletter clarifying her remarks.[35

Posted by: VVbVk ()
Date: January 27, 2016 11:49PM

The Korean math prodigy at one of the nation’s top high schools had Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg on the phone, personally encouraging the teenager to attend Harvard University. She received letters from Harvard professors, encouraging her to bring her brilliant abilities to Cambridge next fall instead of accepting her admission to Stanford University on the opposite coast.

As she struggled to decide between five-figure scholarship promises from both schools, she got a novel offer: She could spend two years at each elite school as part of an arrangement just for her. The exciting dual-enrollment opportunity garnered starstruck coverage from Korean media outlets, which dubbed her the “Genius Girl.”

But none of it was true.

The baffling hoax has stunned the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Fairfax County, the top-ranked magnet program known as an intellectual proving ground for science wunderkinds, technology gurus, engineering buffs and math wizards — many of whom earn their way to the nation’s most prestigious colleges.

The senior’s tale of academic conquest of admission into what turned out to be a bogus program apparently was designed to impress her parents, peers and teachers as part of the annual cutthroat competition for the relatively tiny number of spots at the nation’s top schools. The faked admission story went much further than most teen fantasies because it made its way to the international media, where her parents ultimately admitted it was false and publicly shamed themselves before the Korean community.

thg
Posted by: fhfgh ()
Date: April 16, 2016 10:16AM

Are the Tj prompts hard

Posted by: TJ addictzz ()
Date: January 23, 2017 06:10PM

Plz tell me about the essay or SIS. I am going to be taking the test in 1 week. I got an 85 on the test and have a perfect GPA. Also I am part of activities like TSA, FLL states and MathCounts and have a really big passion for engineering. Do I have a chance at TJ please tell me. Thanks

Posted by: TJLeaks ()
Date: January 23, 2017 10:58PM

TJ addictzz Wrote:
> Plz tell me about the essay or SIS. I am going to
> be taking the test in 1 week. I got an 85 on the
> test and have a perfect GPA. Also I am part of
> activities like TSA, FLL states and MathCounts and
> have a really big passion for engineering. Do I
> have a chance at TJ please tell me. Thanks

Here is the 2017 TJ writing prompt:

"Most successful students at our school believe they need to cheat to succeed, and many of them began cheating in middle school. How will you reconcile your cheating to succeed with society's values for honesty."

Date: January 25, 2017 06:11PM

Does this mean that I have a chance at TJ or not ? I have the test in 5 more days

Posted by: Hard Truths ()
Date: January 25, 2017 06:32PM

TJ addictzz Wrote:
> Plz tell me about the essay or SIS. I am going to
> be taking the test in 1 week. I got an 85 on the
> test and have a perfect GPA. Also I am part of
> activities like TSA, FLL states and MathCounts and
> have a really big passion for engineering. Do I
> have a chance at TJ please tell me. Thanks

What's your ethnicity and sex? Asians (both east and west) are heavily over-represented at TJ, comprising nearly two-thirds of the student body, and whites make up about a quarter of the rest. Males make up almost 60% of the student body.

So, if you're male and Asian or White, you are absolutely not going to get in, because they have literally dozens, if not hundreds of more qualified applicants.

Your only hope is to be Black or Hispanic, and hope that you squeak in under the umbrella of them wanting to have a more diverse student body. Being female wouldn't hurt, either. You will have to work your ass off, though, because you're going to be competing with some of the smartest and most capable students in this region.

Date: January 25, 2017 07:18PM

I am actually Indian and part christian. I am really far ahead in math and have a lot of strong accomplishments in the STEM are (MathCOunt, AMC8, and a few others.) I am infact male but I will take your opinion into consent and try to prove it wrong and get in!!!! :)

Posted by: ss ()
Date: January 27, 2017 02:59PM

ss

Posted by: TJ writing prompt ()
Date: January 27, 2017 03:04PM

will the essay for tj this year be math related?

Date: January 27, 2017 03:36PM

In the past it has been are you from RCMS? The test is tomorrow try not to study and just do your best today. Good Luck tomorrow

Posted by: Prof ()
Date: January 27, 2017 03:46PM

TJ addictzz Wrote:
> I am actually Indian and part christian. I am
> really far ahead in math and have a lot of strong
> accomplishments in the STEM are (MathCOunt, AMC8,
> and a few others.) I am infact male but I will
> take your opinion into consent and try to prove it
> wrong and get in!!!! :)

Hopefully they don't weight verbal highly since you can't write worth a shit and there are multiple basic errors in your post.

Posted by: TJ writing prompt ()
Date: January 27, 2017 04:01PM

TJ addictzz Wrote:
> In the past it has been are you from RCMS? The
> test is tomorrow try not to study and just do your
> best today. Good Luck tomorrow

no, but i do know people from rcms. thank you and good luck to you too

Posted by: FUwtL ()
Date: January 27, 2017 04:12PM

I believe Lodal was principal when the TJ Admissions test theft scandal began. At that time people in the school system knew who had gotten the test and were in a position to identify the specific students who had benefited from the test. Higher ups told them not to pursue the matter, because revealing the information and going after those who were involved or who benefited would ruffle too many feathers.

Posted by: EbGwL ()
Date: January 27, 2017 06:50PM

TJ addictzz Wrote:
> In the past it has been are you from RCMS? The
> test is tomorrow try not to study and just do your
> best today. Good Luck tomorrow

The test questions are posted online if you know where to look.

Posted by: helplol ()
Date: January 27, 2017 07:58PM

where is it?

Posted by: tjtesthelp ()
Date: January 27, 2017 08:04PM

EbGwL Wrote:
> TJ addictzz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In the past it has been are you from RCMS? The
> > test is tomorrow try not to study and just do
> your
> > best today. Good Luck tomorrow
>
>
> The test questions are posted online if you know
> where to look.

WHERE IS IT?

Posted by: Random Person ()
Date: July 31, 2017 01:21PM

Hello! I am a person who doesn't cheat but I want to know an example of an ethical prompt that was used in the previous years of TJ. Don't give me the actual prompt because I have no intent to cheat. If you don't want to tell me, please may you send a link that I can use to look at some examples of TJ prompts?
Thanks,
Random Person

Posted by: Seth Rich ()
Date: July 31, 2017 11:19PM

They are all right there on Hillary's email server for anyone to view and copy. Much like all the NSA hacking tools.

Posted by: DanielLee5 ()
Date: May 15, 2018 11:47AM

Hi, I am not an expert, but talking about cathcy essay topics I would highly recommend this list https://craftessaywriting.com/informative-essay-topics/ (informative essay topic ideas, my coordinator enjoyed it and approved each of them).

Posted by: Aiina None ()
Date: November 06, 2018 12:36PM

Hi, everybody. I do not like to do homework, and even more so to write an essay, I get a complete nonsense. So if I need to write another boring essay, then I contact the service https://bestcustomwriting.org/ and after a couple of days I have a great text on my hands.

Buy College Essay at affordable price
Posted by: Anjana Kumari ()
Date: February 02, 2019 11:31AM

Advocating buying college essays and papers is sometimes necessary. With their busy work schedules and already intensive work, college students cannot be expected to work on every single essay from scratch and have a unique paper, with a hundred percent uniqueness.Visit us:-https://samuraipaper.com/buy-college-essay/

Posted by: rgfdef ()
Date: February 02, 2019 07:51PM

every bit of it was verified by CNN

Re: Buy College Essay at affordable price
Posted by: CatinBox ()
Date: February 24, 2019 03:46AM

Basically, I also know one pretty cool essay writing service. Used this service at university. This helped me a lot and more than once. Here is the link https://www.theunitutor.com/how-to-write-a-biology-essay/ . you can try it too. Very useful thing.

Posted by: William Doo ()
Date: December 08, 2020 02:55AM

I would like to express my gratitude to the https://anonymous-essay.com/ team for their prompt and competent help in completing an essay. They did just great! Competently and on time! I did not expect such a success. Literate and polite writers work there. If there are wishes, or improvements, they will undoubtedly take them into account!

Posted by: Jolan ()
Date: June 06, 2023 06:58AM

Do you think there are guys on the Internet who should be contacted about writing different texts? I would like to find and hire such people, I really need it.

Posted by: Sappy ()
Date: June 06, 2023 07:50AM

All this stupid messing around with papers is really very boring and stupid. I've never been able to do this because it's really very stupid. Fortunately, I was able to find people who understand this well and can write my essay. I can now rely entirely on them in this matter and they know well how to write a particular text. They always do everything very clearly and on time and this is really great. And I recommend them to you

Posted by: AlanK ()
Date: July 10, 2023 10:04AM

I have repeatedly had all sorts of problems with writing texts and for a long time, I did not know what to do with it. But then my friend recommended me to great guys who know how to do it well for the money. I was happy to contact them and they helped me a lot and I am very glad that I found them on essaywriter org. They are really good at writing various kinds of texts and articles. I am very happy that I can now use their services. This is very convenient and simple, and I advise you to do so.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.