HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What do social workers think of Fairfax County's Child Protective Services?
Posted by: Curios ()
Date: January 26, 2016 02:37PM

Do you or have you work/ed for Fairfax's CPS? What are your thoughts about the program, division, and department?

Me first. It's dumb luck that there haven't been any dead baby headlines resulting from inexperienced workers with the turnover there.

What do you think of all the surveys?

How did the department head get hired? Michigan certainly didn't want her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What do social workers think of Fairfax County's Child Protective Services?
Posted by: Former FC SW ()
Date: January 26, 2016 03:07PM

What a shit show! How else can you explain the unbelievable amount of turnover in their program? Do you think County jobs paying 60-100K per year grow on trees? Of course not, yet Fairfax County can't even keep these positions filled. Untouchable ( you know why!) buffoons at top will never be forced out, so good people continue to leave at first chance they get. They have been VERY fortunate not to have deaths in the media, lawsuits, etc. So sad so bad!

Posted by: bumpity ()
Date: January 28, 2016 06:10PM

Bump

Who the hell is running that program these days?

Posted by: Luna ()
Date: January 30, 2016 09:56AM

Voldemort in the body of Mona Simmons. Where's Harry Potter when he's needed? Can't think why no one above her sees that.

It is a shit show.

Posted by: Teach ()
Date: January 31, 2016 02:04PM

I can't tell you how many times the school system calls in and they accuse us of overreacting. It really is a problem. Teachers know their kids and they know when something is wrong.

Posted by: Of Course ()
Date: January 31, 2016 02:26PM

Teach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't tell you how many times the school system
> calls in and they accuse us of overreacting. It
> really is a problem. Teachers know their kids and
> they know when something is wrong.

Of course they'll say the school is overreacting. If they have to do a proper follow-up, it would just mean more paperwork, site visits, etc. It's easier for CPS to point the finger back at the school. In the end, it's just the children who lose.

Posted by: fuckfax citizen ()
Date: February 19, 2016 10:01AM

I hear that Mona is the biggest cunt of them all! But as rumor has it, it goes all the way to the top!

Posted by: a story ()
Date: February 19, 2016 11:33AM

I never worked there, but in the 70's there was a child abuse complaint against my dad. I told an adult about something and they called.
The social worker asked me about it and made it known I said something to a neighbor while my dad was there. I was scared shirtless. Needless to say, I said nothing because dad was there.
I got the shit beat out of me after she left

Posted by: pop bumper ()
Date: February 19, 2016 11:51AM

bump

Posted by: pop bumper ()
Date: February 19, 2016 11:53AM

Posted by: Fuck you, Oborona ()
Date: February 19, 2016 12:00PM

Posted by: WNHS08 ()
Date: February 20, 2016 11:40AM

It's not the SW's. Management knows all about the issues with CPS. They do not care. A kid will die and the PM will blame the SW. The management allows the PM to run CPS even though they have been made aware of how awful she is. No one is listening. I left there before something bad happens. I'm not taking the fall for their incompetence.

Posted by: BBAC ()
Date: February 20, 2016 11:50AM

I worked there too! I left. I'm so glad to see this. I went to people above Simmons and told them directly that she's ruining CPS. They do know. They said this amount of turnover is normal and refused to do anything about Simmons. I so glad I'm out. Anyone that's still there should run!

Posted by: usta ()
Date: February 20, 2016 07:00PM

I used to work for the County (not CPS) and I can assure you that no County agency is competent. Lazy bums at every one of them.

Example: I tried to watch the School Board meeting the other night. The video and sound kept freezing and pixelating and was highly annoying to watch. I figured the A/V people would notice the problem and fix it within a few minutes. Hell no. The technical difficulties went on for at least an hour and a half, which is when I gave up and turned it off.

Posted by: erinvanderbellen ()
Date: July 18, 2016 11:23AM

I am looking to speak to someone who worked at Fairfax County Child Protective Services. I can be reached at 202-907-5373. Thanks - ERIN

Posted by: No Game Changer ()
Date: August 09, 2016 06:58PM

There's a mtg. tomorrow, 8/10. Where's it being held? If attendees can record it, can the recording be uploaded here? (It'seems the meeting where the consultant'so report on complaints about CBS will be discussed. Pat Harrison, Nanette Bowler, etc. will be there.) (It'seems It should be good for a laugh. It'seems nothing is going to change anything) Rockbridge County had to have a dead baby before there was any change.

Posted by: really surprised ()
Date: August 10, 2016 10:38AM

Call me naive but I'm really surprised to hear that there are so many children being abused in Fairfax County.

With before/after childcare, lots of extracurricular activities and the awareness of a highly educated community I would think that actual instances of abuse would be pretty darned low.

But apparently all of that does not mean much?

Posted by: No Game Changer 2 ()
Date: August 11, 2016 11:02PM

No Game Changer..... There is no need for a recording, for what? I have the full report and power point slides that I can send to you. What's your email?

Have a good time laughing.

Posted by: Ppt ()
Date: August 11, 2016 11:39PM

Just post them here.

Posted by: Stephen ()
Date: August 12, 2016 03:55AM

They need to stop hiding the list of these abusers. It would be very interesting to see who is on it. Only those on it would Oppose showing it.

Posted by: The Numbers ()
Date: August 12, 2016 08:12AM

I am tired of "the numbers." We're being told to intervene in more "white" families because the the numbers indicate that we are taking more actions on minority families.

That's a dispatch problem, not ours.

Posted by: Stephen ()
Date: February 16, 2017 02:19AM

How can we request fairfax county employee's salaries information? Isn't that public information? Anyone knows ?

Posted by: Deoplorable Dianne ()
Date: February 16, 2017 08:09AM

Yes salaries are available probably online. They may not be for each individual person but certainly for a pay grade like an S-22 or S-24 which I think is average SW in CPS grade. I supposed sup's are S-26 or so.

I work for social serices but not CPS. A Few years ago there was a BIG deal on

THE COMMONSENSE SHOW where a divorcing mom had a son with a skin condition and when she went to the DR. the CPS'd her and her male child was placed by FX Co in a foster home of t gay me. The mother was Catholic and against gay lifestyle so she was doubly offended. She even got another record to show her child had a skin condition and wasn't abused by her or her associates.
The CPS worker Magda Alarcon was placed in hiding because it was alleged she was helping to supplement a child sex ring. The mother has visit w/ her child and he appeared to have been abused by the gay foster parents.

The mother had trouble getting ANY FXCO attorney to help her. I think she had to go to Arlington for help and hide out herself from the alt media blitz helping her and the CPS love fest lozers doxing and trolling and stalking her.

Don't know the final out come of the case as I don't listen to that show. Was praying for that mother, it's a parents nightmare she was going through!

Posted by: Sense, you make none. ()
Date: February 16, 2017 10:43AM

Deoplorable Dianne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes salaries are available probably online. They
> may not be for each individual person but
> certainly for a pay grade like an S-22 or S-24
> which I think is average SW in CPS grade. I
> supposed sup's are S-26 or so.
>
> I work for social serices but not CPS. A Few years
> ago there was a BIG deal on
>
> THE COMMONSENSE SHOW where a divorcing mom had a
> son with a skin condition and when she went to the
> DR. the CPS'd her and her male child was placed by
> FX Co in a foster home of t gay me. The mother was
> Catholic and against gay lifestyle so she was
> doubly offended. She even got another record to
> show her child had a skin condition and wasn't
> abused by her or her associates.
> The CPS worker Magda Alarcon was placed in hiding
> because it was alleged she was helping to
> supplement a child sex ring. The mother has visit
> w/ her child and he appeared to have been abused
> by the gay foster parents.
>
> The mother had trouble getting ANY FXCO attorney
> to help her. I think she had to go to Arlington
> for help and hide out herself from the alt media
> blitz helping her and the CPS love fest lozers
> doxing and trolling and stalking her.
>
> Don't know the final out come of the case as I
> don't listen to that show. Was praying for that
> mother, it's a parents nightmare she was going
> through!

Yeah ... working WITH someone in social services isn't the same as working FOR them.

Tell your 'co-worker' your meds need to be adjusted.

Posted by: Deplorable Dianne ()
Date: February 16, 2017 07:04PM

"Yeah ... working WITH someone in social services isn't the same as working FOR them.

Tell your 'co-worker' your meds need to be adjusted."

You don't have to be a CUNT! Jerk Sense, you make none. ()

I work in DFS I am a SW and I have friends who have worked CPS and got the hell out. I'm not on meds but they sure the hell are. They were in the "sex" unit and the stories they hear fuck you up. When you can't fix an ocean and you are just 1 life guard, you either leave or get jaded and become part of the problem in CPS.

And just for the record there are like 3 conservative SW in the entire county and I'm one of them. So the diversity stinks.

Posted by: FC TEACHER ()
Date: February 16, 2017 08:11PM

It is horrifying what we have called into CPS from our school and how they fully investigate some families (the non-white ones), but won't follow up on the white families. They scold us for making reports that we are mandated to make. If you have a kid that has told you they are being abused and you call it in, you practically have to have it on videotape before they will act. It is unreal. Kids are being hurt and teachers report it and report it and nobody does anything.

Posted by: Veriy ()
Date: March 12, 2017 11:44AM

Salaries of all employees are public information. Anyone who asks for it can get it. Papers used to get it and publish it. You can't get overtime info.

Posted by: Does it matter ()
Date: January 09, 2019 03:25PM

That place is a complete shit show! The turnover in the program run by Mona Simmons is unbelievable. The incompetence that runs from the top, upper management, division directors right down to the supervisors in glaring for people who work within this Department. It is difficult to do an effective job with some of the most vulnerable population when the people who have some sort of "authority" are running that sinking ship. Anyone care to know how many people leave FFX CPS monthly or quarterly due to the horrible work conditions and treatment of workers?

Posted by: Former CPS worker ()
Date: January 09, 2019 08:49PM

I received nothing but excellent reviews until Ramona pushes out my wonderful, skilled, and supportive supervisor. Her replacement was brought in and takes to get rid of anyone with a backbone and making a decent salary. I got into it with the new supervisor when she threw a report back at me and told me to correct the spelling of “sodomy”. She told me that there wasn’t any “o’s” in sodomy. I told her that there were two! She made me change both of the O’s to a’s. I wouldn’t put my name on it and then was written up for subordination! Ponderous. So much dysfunction there and it is the kids who suffer.

Posted by: AynRand ()
Date: January 14, 2019 10:33AM

I bet the new "supervisor" is a protected class. Maybe a triple word score like a black lesbian with a clubfoot. Diversity for the sake of appearance is our downfall. Go Galt, competent workers and watch it all implode.

Posted by: So true ()
Date: January 23, 2019 01:51PM

That place is going down faster than a sinking ship! The management from the top down, including the county executives, all members of the Board of Supervisors, does NOT care and will NOT do anything about what it brought to their attention about the condition of the program, although it continues to rapidly fall apart in front of everyone's eyes. This includes the rampant and the clear dysfunction within the CPS program that is evident and goes on everyday. Disgusting that the Deputy Director of DFS can have his own history of domestic violence and prior CPS case in the county, and still has untethered access to his case and the workers who were sent out to do their jobs. How is this acceptable? The whole DFS program needs a complete overhaul with fresh, competent staff, not just people who can play the game with managers to move ahead. Are there any competent supervisors left there? If so, I am sure they are pushing out the workers who may not be "yes" men to them and their craziness.

Posted by: Confused ()
Date: February 16, 2019 04:03PM

What is going on? It seems that upper management does not know right from wrong. Someond really should investigate Fairfax County CPS. If the board of supervisors knew what was going on, they would shut it down. Please help.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.