HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Are Written Warnings Recorded in Computer (ffx county cops)
Posted by: Written Warning ()
Date: July 01, 2009 09:29PM

Got a written warning for failure to obey a highway sign (I did a quick right turn on yellow, making it pretty obvious that if I could have slowed down enough to turn, I could have stopped for the yellow). Anyway, are warnings recorded anywhere in the county computers? If I get pulled over again for anything, will they know that I had a warning? I have no tickets (which is why I got a warning).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Written Warnings Recorded in Computer (ffx county cops)
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 02, 2009 10:26AM

If you get pulled over in fairfax they can see the warning from what I was told. No other juridiction will see it.

Posted by: john567854 ()
Date: July 02, 2009 08:13PM

if you get pulled over by a fairfax county cop after getting a written warning all they will see after they run you is a "hit" that shows your name, DOB, and address on their in car computer.

Everyone who is issued a written warning or is the subject, suspect, victim, or witness of a police report will show up the same way. There is no way for an officer in the street to find that previous warning with the current system.

However if an officer checks you and your name pops up multiple times with hits from the local system they will be pretty suspicious something is up.

Posted by: Written Warning ()
Date: July 02, 2009 10:02PM

Thanks! My spouse was teasing me saying I had used up my "Get Out of Jail Free" card by getting a warning. Sounds like if I get pulled over again (not likely, I just don't drive badly as a habit, this was a fluke because I noticed the light changing a little too late and went ahead and turned anyway), I won't automatically get a ticket since I have a warning.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.