HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Car vandalized
Posted by: Pissed Off Car Owner ()
Date: July 01, 2009 08:17PM

Anybody out there have any tips or recommendations on car video camera's to catch a bunch of teenage punks who keeps slicing my tires.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Car vandalized
Posted by: Teenage punk ()
Date: July 01, 2009 08:23PM

Quit pissing them off.

Posted by: Pissed Off Car Owner ()
Date: July 01, 2009 08:38PM

I have not done a thing. Maybe my teenage kid did! I just want to catch them....
Any serious suggestions?

Posted by: ffxstoner ()
Date: July 01, 2009 11:10PM

File a police report for each incident that way if you catch them you can have proof that your tires have been popped before and they will pay for the previous poppings. If they are popping them while your home you can try getting a wifi camera that runs on batteries.

Posted by: Lil' Squirt ()
Date: July 01, 2009 11:16PM

Just hide and lay in wait for them. You could also take a large water gun and fill it with week old urine. Then when you catch them, hose them with your piss gun. Aim for open mouths.

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: July 02, 2009 05:31AM

or get a gun and when they slice your tires, you fucking shoot them and tell the police "i caught them slicing my tires and they came at me with a knife!"

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: July 05, 2009 11:48PM

Just set-up a basic camera, it's very simple. I don't know what your level of IT-type finesses is, but if you buy a Sony Handycam with Night Shot, you can place it in a location with a wide-open view of the crime scene. If you place it behind a window, make certain that the IR light is off, otherwise it will blind the lense. Outdoors, or with an open but non-conspicuous opening/window location, keep the IR on. The IR serves a dual purpose of both enhancing the NV, and also illuminating the License Plates of vehicles.

You need to connect the camera to a VCR, as the tapes meant for internal Handycam recording do not typically record for more than 90 or 120 Minutes. With a VCR, you can record for up to 8 Hours, with 6 Hours being perfectly fine given the current hours of darkness (If this is when it is occurring). The VCR does NOT need to be connected to a TV, but of course after you hook it all up and test record some footage, you need to pop the tape into a viewable VCR to make certain that it works. It will take a while to figure on the perfect location, zoom level, and settings, but it should be worth the time and expenses (If there are any involved).

Also, in setting up the camera outside, you will also be able to pick up sounds as well (You may recognize a voice). Just make certain that you cover or turn off any and all visible recording lights (A give away), as this might lead towards a stolen camera if it is in such an easily accessible location. Also, at night, walk around to make certain that you cannot see the camera from where it is hidden. If you do not notice it, given that you know where to look, then no one else will notice it.

I would also get a chime device set-up near you vehicle as well, which involves two devices with an IR beam. When this beam is tripped, you will hear a ring emanating from the receiver in your home. This way you will know when the crime is in progress, and you can possibly detain a suspect, or at the very least jot down some details (License Plate, Vehicle Description, etc.).

If you can afford it, have a second Handycam type Video camera in your home that you can access when being alerted to the crime, so that you can record such details. If not, use some binoculars (Simpler anyways).

If you catch them in the act, and you have the details to file an arrestable report, then it is a fairly open and shut case. Good Luck.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 06, 2009 12:07AM

]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 02:34PM by Alias.

Date: July 06, 2009 01:59AM

one more for kenny's idea

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.