HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Mr. Papertowel Man
Posted by: Yahweh ()
Date: June 30, 2009 08:57AM

Does anyone remember this guy? In the early 90s he lived in Burke Cove off of Burke Centre Parkway. He wrapped paper towals around his head and stuffed them in his mouth, thinking that there was some plague coming and this was his method of protecting himself. I remember seeing him around Burke a few times. He drove a station wagon that was full of paper towel trash in the back. And I was once standing in front of him in line at CVS and he was buying, surprise surprise; paper towels.
There were lots of legends and rumors about this crazy guy. Does anyone else remember him? I wonder what happened to crazy ol' Mr. Papertowel Man....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mr. Papertowel Man
Posted by: sandindc ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:32PM

Yes! I remember this guy. The first time I saw him was at a light right before the Safeway shopping center in Burke. I was pulled up next to him and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Some time later I saw him again at the Safeway buying more paper towels. Crazy.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:42PM

Don't remember paper towel guy, but there was a dude in that nebulous Reston/Oakton/Vienna area (Lawyer's Road & Hunter Mill Road area) that used to rape horses in the late 80's/early 90's. I'm pretty sure they ended up catching him.

Posted by: Jizzlobber ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:48PM

On a related note, I heard that the way they used to get Mr. Ed's lips to move for the camera during the taping of the tv show was that someone would kneel behind the zebra and stick a carrot up his ass.

Posted by: Crazy Dude ()
Date: June 30, 2009 02:11PM

I totally remember that guy walking around the Safeway in Burke. One time we tried asking him what was up at the McDonalds and he just freaked out and took off. I never heard the story that he was worried about a plague. The stories I heard was that he had something planted in his head and the only thing to protect him was the paper towels, not sure if it was a government implant or aliens. Either way this was definitely one crazy dude, wonder what happened to him.

Posted by: Butt4 ()
Date: June 30, 2009 02:57PM

Jizzlobber Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On a related note, I heard that the way they used
> to get Mr. Ed's lips to move for the camera during
> the taping of the tv show was that someone would
> kneel behind the zebra and stick a carrot up his
> ass.

wtf -

and you can never have enough papertowel

Posted by: ts2005m ()
Date: July 01, 2009 12:32PM

I just moved back to Fairfax a few years ago. I was telling my husband about Papertowel Man. I don't think that he believes me. A guy in my graduating class in high school wrote a HILARIOUS story about him. I wish that I had asked for a copy.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: October 27, 2011 03:23PM

I remember this guy well. Use to see him at Burke Town Plaza and around the “Gourmet” Giant. We would just laugh at him. Never understood what his problem was. I’m sure he ended up going to a shrink and now works at my office.

Posted by: bps7772000 ()
Date: October 27, 2011 04:31PM

Yes,

In 1993-94, I worked at Peoples Drug(now CVS) at corner of Old Keene Mill, Lee Chapel(can't remember name of shopping ctr). We called him the "bounty man" and yes he was a real creeper. I remember we would ring him up trying not to laugh. I seem to remember him buying like huge 16-type packs of bounty paper towels. Seemed like a mouthbreathing type. I don't remember him saying much at all or anything, though this was a long f-ing time ago.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.