HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
So many annoying phone calls lately
Posted by: Phones101 ()
Date: December 15, 2015 08:18PM

Somebody please tell me about these annoying phone calls that I am getting so often as of late on both my land line and cell phone.

Are these calls being made by these TRAC PHONES that are sold at Walmart as well as other places? They call and there is no answer, maybe a busy signal. You call them back, not often, and just a busy. No contract and not traceable, right!

Somebody please explain this TRAC Phone game these callers are playing? All scammers or spammers I imagine and so damn annoying lately. Gets where I take the land line off the hook at night mostly.

I actually saw some young guy buy 2 of them at Walmart this morning and it "rang a bell" with me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So many annoying phone calls lately
Posted by: Trac lover ()
Date: December 15, 2015 08:24PM

I have used Tracfone for about 15 years and there is nothing wrong with it. I am paying about $10 a month for the same service others pay five or more times for.

Date: December 15, 2015 08:42PM

Trac Lover: That's fine. But are these annoying mortgage companies, political calls, and other business' using these and making calls to local residents randomly?

Posted by: Robo Calls ()
Date: December 15, 2015 09:16PM

Seeing if any humans are there. It sucks should be outlawed and the IRS just said its Ok. More Hope More Change..

Posted by: jvb7n ()
Date: December 15, 2015 09:44PM

Phone solicitors don't use Tracfone you idiot.

Date: December 15, 2015 11:40PM

But lately they are calling my home and cell phone also tying the two numbers together. They are tenacious and also blood sucking vermin. Yes, it should be outlawed.

Very often I just take my home phone off the hook as I know if an important family member calls, they will call my cell phone.
So that is why they are buying so many of these from local discount stores?

Posted by: Just do it ()
Date: December 16, 2015 12:45AM

https://www.nomorobo.com/

Yes, it works.

No it's no some kind of scam that will sell your number.

Yes, it's completely free.

Posted by: blanche ()
Date: December 16, 2015 06:07AM

Just do it Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> https://www.nomorobo.com/
>
>
> Yes, it works.
>
> No it's no some kind of scam that will sell your
> number.
>
> Yes, it's completely free.

Nomorobo is fabulous -- just one ring and the call is cut off.

In the past, we'd just let the phone ring and screen our calls. Now if its more than one ring its usually someone we want to hear from.

Posted by: Bastov AirTime ()
Date: March 23, 2016 04:35PM

Cell phone spammer: 571-420-5121, calls cell phones daily that are listed on Do Not Call List, never leaves messages to be identified.

Posted by: Requested Info ()
Date: March 28, 2016 09:37AM

Are they against the law?

Posted by: 69TjT ()
Date: August 18, 2016 05:08PM

spam/scam number 571-420-0919--appears to be coming from the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center jail. Phone calls repeatedly to unknown recipients from his phone--some sort of scam. Phone traced to CTL Global tel link, which gives inmates unlimited phone calls to ???anybody and everybody for nothing.

Posted by: ones I hate ()
Date: August 18, 2016 05:29PM

I hate the ones about a moneymaking system. They try to make it sound like you are selected to get the call because you are one who knows success.

I've started listening to the whole thing and then leaving a message saying "you are a SuCKER, no one is going to buy anything from you, the only way to make money at this is to do the same thing."

I had one guy call me in tears, he had cashed out his 401K and quit his job to run this kind of thing. After a month, he had only had a handful of messages left, most telling him to get lost.

Posted by: Mr Bear says ()
Date: August 22, 2016 06:48PM

For smartphones download the following apps:Truecaller, Do not answer and Mr. number. They have databases of robocallers,spammers,con artists and telemarketers that will load into files on your smartphone.

Then you BUY SILENT RING and set your ringer & notifications to silent for these files. When these parocites call you aren't interrupted and it goes to voicemail.
Currently I have over 25,000 robocallers & teleSCAMMERS blocked and I have only been using them two months. You you get a non-blocked call you copy & paste it to MR. Number and report it. Now it's blocked for you and everyone else using the service once verified.

The whole set up cost me $5-6 bucks and has almost illiminated these calls. Very much worth it as I was getting up to 17 robo calls a day between my business & personal lines. Not a perfect remedy but pretty close.

The major wireless companies, Google and several consumer advocates met this month with the FCC and the wireless carriers have agreed to come up with a auto block feature that will eliminate robocalls to cellphones. I would guess 98% of my telemarketing calls are robo.

Posted by: Alexander Graham Cracker ()
Date: August 22, 2016 09:30PM

I shouldn't have to pay one red cent to stop this.

We invented the telephone.

We invented the telephone system.

We invented Caller ID.

We invented the cellular phone (along with the Brits).

Either fix it with our big scientific brains, or chuck the whole system and design one from scratch that works.

Everytime I answer the phone I should be able to see and log exactly who or what is on the other end of the call. Period. Anything less is shit, which is what we have now.

Click.......

Posted by: EMYVL ()
Date: October 16, 2018 11:27PM

Robocaller numbers to return a DOS ATTACK ON: 571-478-2625

Posted by: FAD ()
Date: October 17, 2018 06:44PM

And here is another one to do DOS attacks upon;

571-453-1973

Posted by: Yet another stupid FFXU poster ()
Date: October 17, 2018 06:59PM

FAD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And here is another one to do DOS attacks upon;
>
> 571-453-1973

You know that the Caller ID numbers are spoofed right?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.