HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28
Re: High School Football 2016
Posted by: pyjV4 ()
Date: December 03, 2016 08:39AM

What? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can't watch film then. Both middle linebackers
> start at guard. 24 is their starting d end and
> running back. And 75 gets some burn at guard and
> starts at D end. #4 looked like he played both
> ways but was carted off the field last week with
> serious leg injury so he is out. So, 79, 25, 11,
> 2, 56, 51, 75, 24. And #4 is out so who knows what
> that will do for depth. Following the team a
> little they have had some injuries they had to
> overcome a starting offensive guard and another
> nose guard are out for the year. Looks like they
> are just hanging on. Lot of two way guys. I don't
> know how you can miss 56 and 51 in your film study
> not playing both ways? They never come off. Btw
> they are extremely underrated as linebackers.
> Undersized but really good players.

You are right about 56 and 51. I went back and looked at my notes and there they were. My bad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 5A ()
Date: December 03, 2016 09:56AM

Stone Bridge 27 Massaponax 21

Loudoun once again bests Stafford in Regional Final.

Hard part will be trying to defeat Highland Springs next week...

At least Westfield can tell themselves that the team that knocked their dicks

in the dirt is a 5A state finalist.

Strange year, in that I think there is more depth and talent among the top 20 5A

schools in the North region this year than 6A.

Posted by: Kaiser Sose ()
Date: December 03, 2016 10:00AM

Redistrict Wrote:
> The ironic thing about the players you guys are
> discussing is that #21,#25,#51,#56, #11, #79 all
> come from the neighborhood that was recently
> redistriced from Oakton to SL.

I don't understand the point of this statement. Are you saying Oakton would be much better if they had some of South Lakes players? Then I would agree. Do you think Fairfax County decided to redistrict so that South Lakes could be better at football? And when you say recently don't you mean like four or five years ago. All of those kids mentioned have only gone to South Lakes. Public High School coaches get to coach the kids that walk through their doors on the first day. Demographics certainly contribute to the number of kids interested in playing but with a school of roughly 2500 kids Oakton should not be crying that they don't have enough of a base to field a quality football team. Westfield lost a large number of kids in the redistricting too but I don't see them doing census work to see how many players they might have lost.

Posted by: WCpTu ()
Date: December 03, 2016 10:26AM

5A Wrote:
> Stone Bridge 27 Massaponax 21
>
> Loudoun once again bests Stafford in Regional
> Final.
>
> Hard part will be trying to defeat Highland
> Springs next week...
>
> At least Westfield can tell themselves that the
> team that knocked their dicks in the dirt is a 5A state finalist.

You Loudoun County preeners are annoying. Westfield knocked off Stone Bridge 3 years in a row and I did not see anyone on these forums talking trash like you just did. Westfield just handled a team that handed Stone Bridge a loss earlier this year. They are both top notch programs. What is wrong with you that you have to be such an asshole?

Posted by: Football Fan ()
Date: December 03, 2016 10:32AM

Holy Prognostication Batman! Wrote:
> Football Fan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Westfield vs South Lakes NR Final. Book it.
>
>
> Posted Oct 1st. Good call FB Fan!

Thanks! The crazy part is that at the time of the post, my prediction was considered ridiculous. Westfield wasn't so hot and South Lakes was nothing more than a good team in a terrible district. Anyways, I'm gonna make one last prediction and say that Westfield will win this one by 2 touchdowns, but a decent part of this game will be really tight.

Posted by: WCpTu ()
Date: December 03, 2016 10:34AM

If I was putting together a Top 10 combined 5A/6A North right now I would go with:

1 Stone Bridge – 5A
2 South Lakes – 6A
3 Westfield -6A
4 Massaponax – 5A
5 Lake Braddock – 6A
6 Broad Run – 5A
7 Potomac Falls – 5A
8 Centreville – 6A
9 South County – 6A
10 Hayfield – 6A

Keep in mind that teams like Marshall, Potomac, Mountain View, Stafford and Stuart are Top 20 5A North teams when making sweeping statements.

Posted by: Nova Coach ()
Date: December 03, 2016 11:04AM

Can anyone speak on Westfield's inconsistency throughout the season? They seem to be playing well as of late but there were games that they didn't look so good. Examples would be their performances against TC Williams, Stone Bridge, Briar Woods, and Robinson.

Posted by: WF Fan ()
Date: December 03, 2016 11:27AM

Nova Coach Wrote:
> Can anyone speak on Westfield's inconsistency
> throughout the season? They seem to be playing
> well as of late but there were games that they
> didn't look so good. Examples would be their
> performances against TC Williams, Stone Bridge,
> Briar Woods, and Robinson.

The game against TC wasn't pretty but the score was 21-0 before TC got a few late, additionally, Westfield was coming of an impressive win against SOCO, I don't think they cared for this game. Stone Bridge and Briar Woods were great teams, regardless of Briar Woods record. Along with injuries on both sides, both of those teams have play styles that troubled Westfield. Perhaps the Robinson game was when the whole dynamic of this season changed, Westfield was down 10 with less than 5 minutes, and managed to win on a last second field goal. Westfield has enormous amounts of momentum following that. The week after they played Robinson, they played Centreville and they returned Petrillo and Free, and we all know what happen, Centreville was considered the best team in the state at the time, and following that win, the team never looked back, and since then they have absolutely been destroying everyone, with the exception of Madison, but that one was starting to look pretty bad near the end too. The main reasons for inconsistencies was injuries, lack of care, and lack of experience. Westfield has atleast 4 starting sophomores (CB, OLB, RB, PR/KR, and OL), with another sophomore LB and another sophomore WR getting lots of play time. Once those players got used to the varsity level things become a lot easier. I'm trying to recall the last time Westfield has these many sophomores contributing but I can't recall. Regardless of how this season ends, the next season will be the same story. Westfield loses plenty, and returns plenty. But one reason for optimism is their QB next year, he was the first Westfield freshman to be on varsity in a long time, and man, he is impressive. It'll be fun watching him next year for sure. Westfield should be returning the whole secondary with the exception Free, returning half the linebackers and half the defensive line. On offense they will bring bag a couple of linemen, the tight end, and the running back. The biggest difference will be special teams, quarter back and wide receiver, but if everything goes accordingly, they should be good once again, they won't be the favorites like they were this year and last, especially considering their sophomore QB, but they should be fun to watch.

Posted by: My God You People Are Pathetic ()
Date: December 03, 2016 12:01PM

All this excitement over high school boys? I'm glad the meals tax failed, it means the end of football.

Posted by: frequentwatcheroffootball ()
Date: December 03, 2016 12:14PM

My God You People Are Pathetic Wrote:
> All this excitement over high school boys? I'm
> glad the meals tax failed, it means the end of
> football.

You realize that most posters are friends, family, coaches, employees, former players etc. The only more thing even more pathetic than friends and family talking about their kids sports is losers following threads about a subject they disdain, getting agitated by it and then posting disparaging remarks. Then coming back to see what people say and responding yet again. That's a true pathetic loser.

Posted by: gjekngi ()
Date: December 03, 2016 02:37PM

Westfield 21 South Lakes 0 End 1Q
Colonial Forge 14 Oscar Smith 7 End 1Q

5A: Norview 7 Highland Springs 7 End 1Q. Winner plays Stone Bridge in state championship.

Posted by: lfkwnfbx ()
Date: December 03, 2016 03:12PM

Halftime scores:
Westfield 35 South Lakes 0.
Colonial Forge 17 Oscar Smith 13.

5A: Highland Springs 21 Norview 13.

Posted by: litany of losers ()
Date: December 03, 2016 03:23PM

frequentwatcheroffootball Wrote:
> My God You People Are Pathetic Wrote:
> -----
> > All this excitement over high school boys? I'm
> > glad the meals tax failed, it means the end of
> > football.
>
> You realize that most posters are friends, family,
> coaches, employees, former players etc. The only
> more thing even more pathetic than friends and
> family talking about their kids sports is losers
> following threads about a subject they disdain,
> getting agitated by it and then posting
> disparaging remarks. Then coming back to see what
> people say and responding yet again. That's a
> true pathetic loser.

Coaches (pedophiles), former players (Wal-Mart greeters)? Talk about your successful members of society.

Posted by: be4real ()
Date: December 03, 2016 03:53PM

south lakes blows what a joke this final is

did anyone really think south lame had a chance?

Posted by: Ty23r ()
Date: December 03, 2016 04:41PM

Well that was underwhelming. First time I have seen South Lakes this season. I would not put them in the top 5 teams Westfield has played this year. What was all the hype about? Did they just have a bad game? Nerves? I was expecting more than a "Woodson-like" performance.

Don't mean to be an ass but I am just a little surprised.

Posted by: again... ()
Date: December 03, 2016 04:42PM

Rematch of last years state championships... Incredible, wonder if this has ever happened before.

D5: Stone Bridge @ Highland Springs
D6: Westfield @ Oscar Smith.

Games will be played at Hampton University, not UVA like prior years.

Posted by: again...2 ()
Date: December 03, 2016 04:45PM

If i had to guess, Oscar Smith beats Westfield & Stone Bridge beats Highland Springs.

Posted by: 757!!!! ()
Date: December 03, 2016 04:50PM

Westfield come on down & get some!!!!! Whhhhaaaaaooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Date: December 03, 2016 04:59PM

Let's go position by position. QB: Rehman Johnson had one of his best games of the year, outplayed Devin Miles, and passed Mike & Sean Glennon in playoff wins as starting QB. RB: Westfield's best RB, Eugene Asante, didn't play, however, backup CB and starting KR/PR Saadiq Hinton filled in nicely. Alston and Mensah were very underwhelming today, however the Westfield RBs were nothing special either. OL: Westfield O-Line couldn't create running lines (nothing new) but did their job and gave Rehman Johnson plenty of time. The entire Seahawks O-Line, including David Kroll, got dominated. WR: Sean Eckert might be the best receiver in the region, and Ivory Frimpong might be a close second (Dillon Spalding who?). Whereas I don't think the Seahawks had any receivers make any plays. DL: South Lakes D-Line did a nice job stuffing the run and occasionally got pressure on Johnson but definetly not enough. Westfield D-Line was unstoppable, Jewell did his thing against Kroll and everything was clicking. LB: Both LB groups did a pretty good job, no big runs (that were relevant) and TEs didn't have a field day on either team. Secondary: This was the biggest difference in the game, Westfield secondary shut down the South Lakes wideouts, but the South Lakes secondary looked like a freshman team. Special Teams: Nothing special in either return game and kickers did decent jobs, the South Lakes kicker missed an extra point but it wouldn't have mattered.

Final Outlook:

For everyone that said next year would be South Lakes' year because they return everybody... it won't be. They just don't have the size or talent, especially with Kroll leaving to compete. They'll be good but they stand no chance at all.

For Westfield, they have been on fire, but they'll have their hands full next week. Oscar Smith returns essentially the same team as last year but Westfield graduated a lot of kids. a few things that Westfield has going for them is that this years team, although they lack size (by Westfield standards), seem to have far better speed than last year, they also actually have a passing game this year. Note: Westfield is undefeated in State Championship games. It should be a great game. As for their outlook for next year, they'll once again graduate what seems like a lot, but will be bringing back a lot of players, especially Sophomores, and will be led by a talented natural QB.

Date: December 03, 2016 05:23PM

What if scenario: What if the South Lakes redistricting never happened? Oakton would have been a decent team, South Lakes would be mediocre, and Westfield would've been unstoppable. Additionally we wouldn't be wasting millions expanding and renovating South Lakes, because there would be no need.

Posted by: Soco weed ()
Date: December 03, 2016 05:33PM

Looking back at threads of Soco over the years. Is the place out of control? What gives? Every year there is a fight where somebody goes to the hospital. Remembering the melt down vs Westfield last year this same weekend. There coaching staff was cursing our kids.Seriously, why is that shit show tolerated?

Posted by: Quick Question ()
Date: December 03, 2016 06:03PM

Can someone tell me who was covering #2 and #4. Cause from where I sat in the stands it looked like nobody was covering them. No, but in all seriousness who were the players responsible?

Posted by: SocoWeed AKA WesTRUMP ()
Date: December 03, 2016 06:04PM

First of all who are you and who are OUR kids? At no point and time did any coach from South County say anything to Westfield players. Why do you care? Nothing better to do on a Saturday then sit on the underground and judge. Just keep your Honkey Ass on the west end. We don't need you over here RT1&95.

Posted by: AirRaid ()
Date: December 03, 2016 06:41PM

Any coach with half a brain could see that SL was very suspect in the secondary. Westfield went right after them. Hayfield toyed with South Lakes a few weeks ago when they dropped 40 (including having 2 TDs called back. Lake Braddock had a ridiculous game plan in not throwing the ball to their D1 TE/WR.

Posted by: Haters wya ()
Date: December 03, 2016 07:57PM

It seems like the Westfield haters have suddenly disappeared from this site... 42-11? My lord. What happened to south lakes "definitely" winning.

Posted by: haters wya ()
Date: December 03, 2016 07:57PM

Haters wya Wrote:
> It seems like the Westfield haters have suddenly
> disappeared from this site... 42-11? My lord. What
> happened to south lakes "definitely" winning.

Whoops 42-12*

Posted by: WF Passing ()
Date: December 03, 2016 08:03PM

Well dang...SL is lucky there was a running clock the second half and WF started putting freshmen in the game. I'd hate to see the final score if those two things didn't happen.

WF could throw at-will today and there was nothing SL secondary could do to stop it (well, except for tackle the WR which somehow got waved off by the ref). The first play of the game Johnson checked to a WR hitch and you could tell right away it was going to be a long day for the SL DBs.

SL could not gain any momentum on the offensive side of the ball. I think they only had about 2 first downs the entire game until the WF subs came in during the 4th quarter? Regardless, the WF defense was scary good today.

Great gameplan by the WF offensive coordinator, excellent adjustments made by the defensive coordinator, Mike G, which led to a few forced turnovers, and tremendous effort on the part of the players to get a huge lead. It's always a treat when your Freshmen/Sophomores can play in the state semifinal game!

Posted by: Simple ()
Date: December 03, 2016 08:07PM

Haters wya Wrote:
> It seems like the Westfield haters have suddenly
> disappeared from this site... 42-11? My lord. What
> happened to south lakes "definitely" winning.

Simple...people look at the South Lakes Win/Loss record and fail to realize they played a cupcake schedule to get to this point. I'll admit they had a great win against the highly overrated Lake Braddock team, but had a very easy run otherwise. It was probably the domination of Lake Braddock that led folks to at least think this would be a close game. And people generally hate Westfield and want to see them lose...

Posted by: NovaCoach ()
Date: December 03, 2016 08:57PM

I wouldn't call South lakes a fluke but today it was clear that they didn't belong on the same field. Westfield dominated this game and it could have easily been a lot worst. I only saw SL play against Hayfield and Centreville and in both games, they just seemed to be outmanned and outgunned. They some how stole the Centreville game (with a little help from the refs)but I get the Centreville controlled it up until the 4th. SL has a lot returning so I expect them to be in the mix. However, like someone already mentioned, they have a long way to go from the physical side of things.

Posted by: CNHuc ()
Date: December 03, 2016 09:16PM

WF Passing Wrote:

> WF could throw at-will today and there was nothing
> SL secondary could do to stop it (well, except for
> tackle the WR which somehow got waved off by the
> ref).

It seems unsporting to complain about that call but officiating should not let the score of the game influence their calls. That was a flagrant PI and the flag was thrown. I know the score was 28-0 but that doesn't give the officials the right to handicap the game. Same with the phantom holding call on #4 on the big play to #97. #4 had a textbook block and trucked the DB and got a holding call. Absurd. You would want your WR to make that same block every time.

Posted by: CNHuc ()
Date: December 03, 2016 09:32PM

Football Fan Wrote:

> the South Lakes kicker missed an extra point but it wouldn't have
> mattered.

#94 blocked that XP attempt. He blocked one against Madison last week also.

Posted by: pJmHy ()
Date: December 03, 2016 09:35PM

CNHuc Wrote:
> WF Passing Wrote:
> -----
>
> > WF could throw at-will today and there was
> nothing
> > SL secondary could do to stop it (well, except
> for
> > tackle the WR which somehow got waved off by
> the
> > ref).
>
> It seems unsporting to complain about that call
> but officiating should not let the score of the
> game influence their calls. That was a flagrant
> PI and the flag was thrown. I know the score was
> 28-0 but that doesn't give the officials the right
> to handicap the game. Same with the phantom
> holding call on #4 on the big play to #97. #4 had
> a textbook block and trucked the DB and got a
> holding call. Absurd. You would want your WR to
> make that same block every time.

My guess is the crew got together and said the WR and DB just got tangled up. Other than those 2 calls I think the crew did a great job staying out of it and letting the game almost run itself. It helps when you have a running clock. I saw a few penalties that could have easily been called if they wanted, but it would have killed the pace of the game and they would not have changed the outcome of the play so they probably just ate the whistle.

Date: December 03, 2016 09:41PM

For years now Westfield has wasted talented WRs by running the ball all the time and playing really conservative. It all changed when they put Johnson in at QB last year. Eckert and Frimpong were slightly above average receivers last year with Scanlon. This year with Johnson, Frimpong is one of the best receivers in the area, and Eckert has a legitimate argument for being the most complete wide receiver in the state. Eckert's numbers: 40 catches, 936 yards, and 17 touchdowns. Frimpongs: 32 catches, 587 yards, 8 touchdowns.

Posted by: KWx6N ()
Date: December 03, 2016 09:53PM

WF Fan Wrote:
> For years now Westfield has wasted talented WRs by
> running the ball all the time and playing really
> conservative. It all changed when they put Johnson
> in at QB last year. Eckert and Frimpong were
> slightly above average receivers last year with
> Scanlon. This year with Johnson, Frimpong is one
> of the best receivers in the area, and Eckert has
> a legitimate argument for being the most complete
> wide receiver in the state. Eckert's numbers: 40
> catches, 936 yards, and 17 touchdowns. Frimpongs:
> 32 catches, 587 yards, 8 touchdowns.

It's almost a blessing in disguise that Westfield doesn't have an established RB this year and is forced to pass quite a bit. Why not just use Cockrill as your primary tailback/second TE on offense? He's a much bigger running threat than Asante, Hinton, Chung, etc. and should never come off the field.

Posted by: westfielddadx2 ()
Date: December 03, 2016 10:01PM

WF Fan Wrote:

You realize that that in years 2011-2014 they had college-level RBs? Why not run the ball and be conservative?
2011: Kendall Anderson
2012: Dalaun Richardson
2013: Tyler Thrasher-Walker
2014: Evan Gray
I would have run the ball too. I agree that the last two seasons the coaches have tried to pretend they have the same type of RBs - but they don't. They changed the offense in the playoffs last year and they are making changes this year even from week to week. Nothing to complain about really. They don't run their playoff offense in week 2 or 3.

Posted by: jE44y ()
Date: December 03, 2016 10:09PM

Quick Question Wrote:
> Can someone tell me who was covering #2 and #4.
> Cause from where I sat in the stands it looked
> like nobody was covering them. No, but in all
> seriousness who were the players responsible?

TD1: #28 / #2
TD2: #1 / #2
TD4: #25 / #28
TD5: #1

Date: December 03, 2016 10:10PM

westfielddadx2 Wrote:
> WF Fan Wrote:
> -----
> > For years now Westfield has wasted talented WRs
> by
> > running the ball all the time and playing
> really
> > conservative. It all changed when they put
> Johnson
> > in at QB last year. Eckert and Frimpong were
> > slightly above average receivers last year with
> > Scanlon. This year with Johnson, Frimpong is
> one
> > of the best receivers in the area, and Eckert
> has
> > a legitimate argument for being the most
> complete
> > wide receiver in the state. Eckert's numbers:
> 40
> > catches, 936 yards, and 17 touchdowns.
> Frimpongs:
> > 32 catches, 587 yards, 8 touchdowns.
>
> You realize that that in years 2011-2014 they had
> college-level RBs? Why not run the ball and be
> conservative?
> 2011: Kendall Anderson
> 2012: Dalaun Richardson
> 2013: Tyler Thrasher-Walker
> 2014: Evan Gray
> I would have run the ball too. I agree that the
> last two seasons the coaches have tried to pretend
> they have the same type of RBs - but they don't.
> They changed the offense in the playoffs last year
> and they are making changes this year even from
> week to week. Nothing to complain about really.
> They don't run their playoff offense in week 2 or
> 3.

I don't blame the coaches because last season they were supposed to have a college level running back, Domonique Pearson. And this season, Asante was supposed to be that running back, he has all the tools.

Posted by: what are you going to do? ()
Date: December 03, 2016 10:17PM

When FCPS cuts football due to lack of meals tax revenue, what will all of you do, watch reruns of Pee Wee's Playhouse?

Posted by: Another Question ()
Date: December 03, 2016 10:27PM

Which Westfield players that were suspended for the incident last season are still on the team.

Date: December 03, 2016 10:38PM

Another Question Wrote:
> Which Westfield players that were suspended for
> the incident last season are still on the team.

3 players. But they served their suspensions last year. What difference does that make now?

Posted by: UDpvG ()
Date: December 03, 2016 10:40PM

what are you going to do? Wrote:
> When FCPS cuts football due to lack of meals tax
> revenue, what will all of you do, watch reruns of
> Pee Wee's Playhouse?

No, we'll join you for a weekend jaunt to the DC Awesome Con 2017. Or maybe go with you to Anthrocon 2017. Each to their own.

Date: December 03, 2016 11:33PM

South Lakes literally looked like the worst team Westfield played this year, it's either them or Washington-Lee. Centreville was pretty bad but they were competitive in the early going so I'll give them a pass, Woodson really wasn't all that bad. Perhaps the only team that competes with South Lakes and W&L for the worst is Herndon, and even they looked better at times.

Posted by: SouthLakes ()
Date: December 04, 2016 09:55AM

Watching the highlights / lowlights of the Westfield game. What stands out immediately is that South Lakes DB'S were boys defending against men. Looks like the plan was simple to keep enough protection to throw over the top of the defense. I suspect their plan will be same next week, too, but it won't be so easy for them against Oscar Smith.

Posted by: there's a difference ()
Date: December 04, 2016 10:26AM

UDpvG Wrote:
> what are you going to do? Wrote:
> -----
> > When FCPS cuts football due to lack of meals
> tax
> > revenue, what will all of you do, watch reruns
> of
> > Pee Wee's Playhouse?
>
> No, we'll join you for a weekend jaunt to the DC
> Awesome Con 2017. Or maybe go with you to
> Anthrocon 2017. Each to their own.

Awesome Con and Anthrocon are not elitist activities paid for with tax money. People who want to do them pay their own way. You can't say that for high school sports.

Posted by: mHGnd ()
Date: December 04, 2016 11:28AM

there's a difference Wrote:
> UDpvG Wrote:
> -----
> > what are you going to do? Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > When FCPS cuts football due to lack of meals
> > tax
> > > revenue, what will all of you do, watch
> reruns
> > of
> > > Pee Wee's Playhouse?
> >
> > No, we'll join you for a weekend jaunt to the
> DC
> > Awesome Con 2017. Or maybe go with you to
> > Anthrocon 2017. Each to their own.
>
> Awesome Con and Anthrocon are not elitist
> activities paid for with tax money. People who
> want to do them pay their own way. You can't say
> that for high school sports.

You are fool if you think high school sports are "elitist." I know you left-wing Democrats are trying to eliminate football and all masculine activities from American culture but it isn't going to work. You are a tiny minority in that regard. The overwhelming majority of all Americans and taxpayers want and support high school sports and activities. It's a fact. Not to mention you could eliminate ALL high school sports and activities and it would not amount to more than about 1% of the entire budget. In other words - you are focusing on trivia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go1-okBq3LU

Date: December 04, 2016 12:04PM

SouthLakes Wrote:
> Watching the highlights / lowlights of the
> Westfield game. What stands out immediately is
> that South Lakes DB'S were boys defending against
> men. Looks like the plan was simple to keep enough
> protection to throw over the top of the defense. I
> suspect their plan will be same next week, too,
> but it won't be so easy for them against Oscar
> Smith.

Although the Oscar Smith DBs are more athletic and quicker than the South Lakes DBs, they still can't match Eckert and Frimpong's size. Both are 6-4, I doubt some NFL teams have WRs that size.

Posted by: Liberals ()
Date: December 04, 2016 12:22PM

If Liberals ARE behind the feeble minded aspirations to defund high school sports, they either don't understand what contributions American Sports play in our advantages in a global competitive environment or they DO fully understand. To which, you have shown yourself as enemies of our way of life and will be treated as such. I say good luck to you as we have been awoken!

Just remember that claims to defund programs AND ask for more of OUR money is only due to the government's addiction to our wallets and gross mismanagement and nearfraudulent misdeeds. We are tired of the Liberal Games! The continued losses by the exreme side of your Democratic Party will continue!

You have been exposed for what & who you are!

Posted by: WF ()
Date: December 04, 2016 02:35PM

WF Fan Wrote:

Johnson is nothing even close to special. He has the easiest job in the Northern Region just throwing the ball up to those 6'4 receivers and letting them make a play. Watching him throughout the season he has not made a ton of great throws and has a bunch of under throws. He just an average douchebag quarterback who is hyped up from outstanding receivers

Date: December 04, 2016 02:38PM

WF Wrote:
> WF Fan Wrote:
> -----
> by
> really
> Johnson
> one
> has
> complete
> 40
> Frimpongs:
>
> Johnson is nothing even close to special. He has
> the easiest job in the Northern Region just
> throwing the ball up to those 6'4 receivers and
> letting them make a play. Watching him throughout
> the season he has not made a ton of great throws
> and has a bunch of under throws. He just an
> average douchebag quarterback who is hyped up from
> outstanding receivers

In my opinion he's the best QB that Westfield has ever had that doesn't have the last name Glennon, and he's by far the best dual-threat QB they've ever had, Glennons included. If it was so easy how come Scanlon couldn't do the same thing?

Posted by: Why the hate? ()
Date: December 04, 2016 02:47PM

WF Wrote:
> WF Fan Wrote:
> -----
> by
> really
> Johnson
> one
> has
> complete
> 40
> Frimpongs:
>
> outstanding receivers

Looking at the first team All Region picks which just got released, the regions head coaches think Kojnson is pretty good since he got the 1st team selection. Anybody looking at his throws yesterday saw something "special".

Date: December 04, 2016 02:48PM

People straight up assume that last years Westfield team was better but I'd like to disagree. Last years Westfield team scored 30.6 PPG, and allowed only 12.6. This years team has scored 33.8 PPG and allowed only 13.6. Additionally both teams had their fair share of handicaps. Last years team lost many impact players due to suspensions for 6 weeks, and in one players case, the whole year. This years team was always injured it seemed, from RBs, to OL, LBs to CB. However one difference I see this year, and specifically since the Centreville win, is that Westfield isn't doing enough to just get by and win by a few touchdowns, they've imposed their will on every team they've played. The last 7 games have all been 3 score games. They've outscored their opponents in the last 7 games 270-63, 38.6-9. And of the 63 points they gave up only 16 weren't in garbage time. So in 7 games they gave up 16 points with their starters out there (3 vs SOCO, 13 vs Madison). I'd say that this years team is better because they play more towards their talent and aren't as conservative, but last years team was for sure more talented, in fact, if they had everyone and tried the whole season they could've won every single game in a blowout with the exception of Oscar Smith.

Posted by: Westfield won ()
Date: December 04, 2016 03:37PM

I agree with WF fan except Westfield could have put Oscar Smith behind them early on last year, but mental and physical mistakes kept Smith in it.

Westfield opened up its offense against Centreville, and has been a different team since then.

Posted by: Glennons--Johnson ()
Date: December 04, 2016 08:55PM

Well it's already been pre-determined that the Second coming of Jesus De Christo is in the Fold at QB at Westfield, and every one will be Saying Glennon, Johnson Who...Bahahahaha..He better hope he gets his Ring this year because, it won't be under his Guidance!

Posted by: notice from Karen Garza ()
Date: December 04, 2016 09:24PM

Dr. Karen Garza wants a clean start with Battelle for Kids, so she is sending what remains of FCPS football to Lubbock, TX. If you feed a continued need for football, please go there.

Posted by: vhslreorganizerfigurerouter ()
Date: December 04, 2016 10:11PM

Quick question. If the below are the new div 6 regional format starting next year - how are the playoffs going to work with one region having 8 teams and another 18?
Attachments:
VHSL Class 6.jpg

Posted by: LEUE4 ()
Date: December 05, 2016 07:26AM

Each region will determine how their own playoff format. Based on history, I suspect it will be something like this:

Regions C (18 schools) and D (17) will have an 8 team format and send the winner to the state semis.

Region A (12 schools) will probably do the same as C & D, since they are fairly balanced in terms of the teams in their region. However, since there are only 12 teams in the region they COULD go to a 6 team format and give byes to the first two seeds-but I doubt that will happen.

Region B (8 schools) is a total toss up IMO. They could go 4 or 6 or 8. It could be a 4 team playoff with a bye week before the semis (not something coaches like very much) or a 6 team format with byes the first week for the #1 & #2 seeds (the RVA in the past has liked the 6 team format). Then again it could be "all in" and they all make it but I would expect some very bad games the first two rounds.

The next question is do they adopt a rotating semifinal format like it was done before they went to two regions?

Posted by: vhslreorganizerfigurerouter ()
Date: December 05, 2016 07:43AM

LEUE4 Wrote:
> Each region will determine how their own playoff
> format. Based on history, I suspect it will be
> something like this:
>
> Regions C (18 schools) and D (17) will have an 8
> team format and send the winner to the state
> semis.
>
> Region A (12 schools) will probably do the same as
> C & D, since they are fairly balanced in terms of
> the teams in their region. However, since there
> are only 12 teams in the region they COULD go to a
> 6 team format and give byes to the first two
> seeds-but I doubt that will happen.
>
> Region B (8 schools) is a total toss up IMO. They
> could go 4 or 6 or 8. It could be a 4 team
> playoff with a bye week before the semis (not
> something coaches like very much) or a 6 team
> format with byes the first week for the #1 & #2
> seeds (the RVA in the past has liked the 6 team
> format). Then again it could be "all in" and they
> all make it but I would expect some very bad
> games the first two rounds.
>
> The next question is do they adopt a rotating
> semifinal format like it was done before they went
> to two regions?

Thanks. I sort of thought that was probably how it will go down. Can't say that I really like it. I heard it will be a rotating semifinal also.

Posted by: All region ()
Date: December 05, 2016 09:24AM

Any word on all region 6A team?

Posted by: BullDog Parentt ()
Date: December 05, 2016 10:43AM

Watched the interview of Shon Mitchell following the Forge Victory, he's a classy Young man, leading a very Talented Team. I know the Coaches and Players of Westfield are very Humbled and Honored to travel South and Play such a quality opponent. Looking forward to an injury free, competitive contest, Good Luck to both Teams!

Posted by: illiterate parent! ()
Date: December 05, 2016 11:29AM

BullDog Parentt Wrote:
> Watched the interview of Shon Mitchell following
> the Forge Victory, he's a classy Young man,
> leading a very Talented Team. I know the Coaches
> and Players of Westfield are very Humbled and
> Honored to travel South and Play such a quality
> opponent. Looking forward to an injury free,
> competitive contest, Good Luck to both Teams!

Stop watching these interviews and learn the rules on capitalization. This is just one of the many reasons to eliminate football-it gets in the way of delivering a quality education!

Posted by: All region out ()
Date: December 05, 2016 11:56AM

Simmons tweeted out the first team selectioms from Westfield, and Landan Thomas tweeted out he was second team. Saw another tweet that Atkins was Offensive Player of the Year. Not sure the whole list has been released to anybody. It normally is not released immediately so that each coach can share the news with his players first.

Posted by: get your priorities straight ()
Date: December 05, 2016 12:17PM

A veteran has a wound with maggots, and you people are fixating over high school boys?

What is this country coming to?

Defund football, use the money for education or helping those in need (hint: the entitled few in the football community do not count).

Posted by: Priorities ()
Date: December 05, 2016 12:40PM

"Get your Priorities straight" So says the Douche Bag TROLLING a High School Sports Thread, We are Not Pretending to be some sanctimonious Cock Chugger... but then again Sandusky, we Know you have a lot of free time on your Hands..

Posted by: squeal like a pig ()
Date: December 05, 2016 01:03PM

Some people are going to squeal like pigs when the football gravy train comes to an end. Some people should have done a better job of campaigning for the meals tax, it was FCPS' last chance!

Oh yes, and learn the rules for capitalization.

Posted by: trollbusters ()
Date: December 05, 2016 01:40PM

Just ignore the troll. Football, sports and activities are not and will not be eliminated. End of story. This is the pipe dream of 1 vindictive troll. No one is fixated on anything except the troll. Troll apparently doesn’t realize that compared to most jurisdictions football gets relatively little funding and attention. Troll is not aware of how football is done in places like CA, TX, OH, PA, etc. FCPS/NOVA pales in comparison. Troll is troll so troll doesn't care. Troll started thread on the subject but no one will reply or comment on trolls thread because no one cares. So troll came back to troll.

Posted by: hey Troll ()
Date: December 05, 2016 01:46PM

Hey Troll, Grammar police income....... $0.00 #GetANewJob

Posted by: surrounded by idiots ()
Date: December 05, 2016 02:15PM

hey Troll Wrote:
> Hey Troll, Grammar police income....... $0.00
> #GetANewJob

Income of person fixated on football?

Try again, Biff.

Date: December 05, 2016 02:53PM

WF Wrote:
> outstanding receivers

You clearly made first team armchair quarterback in your day.

I have seen every Westfield QB since the Glennon's also - Fenyak, Pisarcik, Mullins, Scoville, Scanlon. Maybe missed someone. And I also think Johnson is overall a better QB than any of the post-Glennon QBs.

I don't know if Johnson is a douchebag or not, but the Westfield offense became an entirely different operation after Johnson took over in the playoffs last year.

Not saying he's a "special" QB but he's a darn good high school QB. Definitely better than average.

Posted by: Region D or Bust ()
Date: December 05, 2016 03:10PM

LEUE4 Wrote:
> Each region will determine how their own playoff
> format. Based on history, I suspect it will be
> something like this:
>
> Regions C (18 schools) and D (17) will have an 8
> team format and send the winner to the state
> semis.
>
> Region A (12 schools) will probably do the same as
> C & D, since they are fairly balanced in terms of
> the teams in their region. However, since there
> are only 12 teams in the region they COULD go to a
> 6 team format and give byes to the first two
> seeds-but I doubt that will happen.
>
> Region B (8 schools) is a total toss up IMO. They
> could go 4 or 6 or 8. It could be a 4 team
> playoff with a bye week before the semis (not
> something coaches like very much) or a 6 team
> format with byes the first week for the #1 & #2
> seeds (the RVA in the past has liked the 6 team
> format). Then again it could be "all in" and they
> all make it but I would expect some very bad
> games the first two rounds.
>
> The next question is do they adopt a rotating
> semifinal format like it was done before they went
> to two regions?

close, but not quite. Region D will just send the mighty Bulldogs from Westfield every year - no playoffs necessary.

Posted by: this one's for Biff ()
Date: December 05, 2016 03:25PM

Straight from Dalia Palchik (cuts are coming, and they ARE coming to sports):
Attachments:
READ_AND_WEEP.jpg

Posted by: Fun Fact ()
Date: December 05, 2016 03:50PM

Rehman Johnson has more playoff wins than any QB in Westfield history. Johnson also has 31 Passing Touchdowns so far this year, one shy of Mike Glennon's 32 in 2007. Wouldn't be surprised if Johnson crossed that too. On top of that Johnson is no doubt the best running QB Westfield has ever had. No idea why he wasn't the QB week 1 last season.

Posted by: UU6WU ()
Date: December 05, 2016 04:46PM

this one's for Biff Wrote:
> Straight from Dalia Palchik (cuts are coming, and
> they ARE coming to sports):

We are discussing high school football here - not the FCPS budget. Start your own thread on that please. Oh, the document you linked to does not mention sports or activities. And there is good news in there - student enrollment is leveling off and will be declining county-wide in a few years. That's good news not? Oh wait, FCPS bureaucracy wants more and more students to justify increased spending. That's why they support illegal immigration.

Posted by: the Facts hmmm ()
Date: December 05, 2016 05:16PM

Well the Facts ... Of you have to Question why he wasn't QB week #1 you really don't know...Que Toby Keith...

Posted by: SL / Liberty vs Concorde 2016 ()
Date: December 05, 2016 07:10PM

The difference between this game was last year when Westfield tried to make deep throws SL had 3 very athletic dbs that were seniors and continued to knock passes down. Obviously Westfield could not run consistently and were out athleted LAST year. This year SL had a sophomore #28 at corner. And junior that has never played before #1 and there JV qb last year as a junior #25 at safety. Not gonna happen against those two receivers. Agreed with previous poster. Everyone should have done what Hayfield did and just throw. SL had a good run defense. Really sad that there perception of their team came down to their secondary. Because they are obviously a really good team. Also, I would argue that The Liberty overall was better than the Concorde this year. Top 3 concordes this year. Westfield,Cville,Oakton. Top 3 Liberty. SL, Madison,Hayfield. Advantage Liberty here...Agreed McLean and Fairfax are awful. But so is Herndon. WL and Chantilly are similar. Robinson was 4-7. I Donno..

Date: December 05, 2016 08:08PM

SL / Liberty vs Concorde 2016 Wrote:
> The difference between this game was last year
> when Westfield tried to make deep throws SL had 3
> very athletic dbs that were seniors and continued
> to knock passes down. Obviously Westfield could
> not run consistently and were out athleted LAST
> year. This year SL had a sophomore #28 at corner.
> And junior that has never played before #1 and
> there JV qb last year as a junior #25 at safety.
> Not gonna happen against those two receivers.
> Agreed with previous poster. Everyone should have
> done what Hayfield did and just throw. SL had a
> good run defense. Really sad that there perception
> of their team came down to their secondary.
> Because they are obviously a really good team.
> Also, I would argue that The Liberty overall was
> better than the Concorde this year. Top 3
> concordes this year. Westfield,Cville,Oakton. Top
> 3 Liberty. SL, Madison,Hayfield. Advantage Liberty
> here...Agreed McLean and Fairfax are awful. But so
> is Herndon. WL and Chantilly are similar. Robinson
> was 4-7. I Donno..

Last years Westfield team actually didn't attempt too many deep shots, Scanlon rarely took chances. Westfield also had 2 Sophomore corners and 2 Junior Safeties and only 1 Senior Corner in their secondary that got play time, you don't see them making excuses. Westfield out Athleted last year? Westfield Class of '16 was one of the most athletic NR classes ever. First school in Virginia's highest classification to win both Football and Basketball state titles in the same year. Keep telling yourself what you want but the only reason last years game was close was because 1. Scanlon wasn't a natural fit at QB, and 2. Because Westfield legitimately didn't care about South Lakes. With prep and Johnson at QB last years team would've massacred South Lakes, it would've been worse than this year. Perception of the team didn't come down to just the secondary, you realize that the offense scored 0 relevant points? This happpens to all the teams that run up the score against weaker and smaller schools. SOCO, LB, and SL put up big numbers and run up the score against weaker teams and when they play good teams like Westfield they choke. The Liberty district has literally one year where they aren't trash and all of a sudden they think they're better than the Concorde. Wow. Centreville and Westfield are both better than any team in Liberty. SL just beat Centreville cause of Officating, and we saw what Westfield did to Madison and South Lakes. Keep it mind that the Westfield team of the last 2 weeks still had plenty of injuries, some out for the season, but still, nobody had to face a full strength Westfield team this season. If you put together a Liberty District All Star team I'm pretty sure that Westfield would beat them. I honestly thought that South Lakes would be a really good team next year, in fact, 1 week ago they were my pick to win the NR next year. They return a few juniors I understand, but Funaki and Kroll are 2 of their top 5 most important players, and South Lakes hasn't proved that they are a next man up type program yet. They might win the Liberty because it looks like it will be very weak next year, especially with Madison leaving. Shame too because I see South Lakes championship window closing the moment that their 3 offensive weapons (Miles, Mensah, and Alston) graduate. Once again my pick for next year will be Westfield, but I think it won't be as close this time, Westfield should legitimately walk through the region next year.

Posted by: raterofconferences ()
Date: December 05, 2016 08:18PM

> The difference between this game was last year
> when Westfield tried to make deep throws SL had 3
> very athletic dbs that were seniors and continued
> to knock passes down. Obviously Westfield could
> not run consistently and were out athleted LAST
> year. This year SL had a sophomore #28 at corner.
> And junior that has never played before #1 and
> there JV qb last year as a junior #25 at safety.
> Not gonna happen against those two receivers.
> Agreed with previous poster. Everyone should have
> done what Hayfield did and just throw. SL had a
> good run defense. Really sad that there perception
> Also, I would argue that The Liberty overall was
> better than the Concorde this year. Top 3
> concordes this year. Westfield,Cville,Oakton. Top
> 3 Liberty. SL, Madison,Hayfield. Advantage Liberty
> here...Agreed McLean and Fairfax are awful. But so
> is Herndon. WL and Chantilly are similar. Robinson
> was 4-7. I Donno..
Attachments:
Conference Ratings.jpg

Posted by: eTPGJ ()
Date: December 05, 2016 08:33PM

> Really sad that there perception

Obviously SL was a really good team - you don't make it to a regional championship game otherwise.

However, if you think the only problem for SL in that game was their secondary you are delusional. If Westfield had keep full throttle the entire game SL would not have scored at all. Fact. And that has nothing to do with their secondary.

Posted by: VHSL REFERENCE ()
Date: December 05, 2016 08:58PM

VHSL Reference Top 10 Teams
# Team Rating W L
1 Oscar Smith 102.6 13 1
2 Stone Bridge 102.0 12 2
3 Westfield 101.9 12 2
4 L. Braddock 100.1 11 2
5 H. Springs 98.7 13 1
6 Dinwiddie 97.9 14 0
7 Massaponax 94.8 12 2
8 Manchester 94.2 11 2
9 South Lakes 93.7 12 2
10 J. Madison 93.6 11 2

Posted by: Prediction ()
Date: December 05, 2016 09:19PM

I'm not trying to troll here whatsoever but here me out. Oscar Smith brings back the exact same team that lost to Westfield last year, but in my opinion this Westfield team is better. They are a lot faster and more athletic team than last year, definetly not that big but for sure a lot faster and athletic. If you remember last years game, it didn't need to be as close as it was. Westfield was up 14-0 and could've made it 21-0 but mistakes kept Oscar Smith in the game. Westfield is no doubt better than Colonial Forge and Colonial Forge was a really tough challenge for Oscar Smith. This last point I'm about to make is probably going to be my weakest, but WF and Oscar Smith shared one common opponent this year, DeMatha. Both teams got trashed in a fairly similar way, however, it was a legitimate game for Oscar Smith, while it was just a scrimmage for Westfield. In my 5 years of closely following Westfield football, I know for a fact that they don't try against DeMatha, not saying they would win if they did, but they don't really try in that game. Anybody who's watched Westfield this year knows that the current team is many times better than the team at the start of the year. I don't know how much Oscar Smith has improved since the start but there wasn't really much room for improvement for them cause they're already an experienced team with many returning starters whereas Westfield still had an inexperienced QB and multiple Sophomores playing new roles, as well as a new DC. Based on all this I'm going to say that Westfield will win against Oscar Smith. It should be a good game! Good luck to the Bulldogs and Tigers!

Posted by: Troll is a troll but ()
Date: December 05, 2016 09:24PM

Troll is a troll but Westfield QB is not a good QB. He is a good runner but his passing is not good. 31 tds passing in 14 games is not imressive when you consider he has 2 D1 receivers. His completion percentage is notgood 53% in hs. One game he was 1 of 14.

Date: December 05, 2016 09:29PM

Troll is a troll but Wrote:
> Troll is a troll but Westfield QB is not a good
> QB. He is a good runner but his passing is not
> good. 31 tds passing in 14 games is not imressive
> when you consider he has 2 D1 receivers. His
> completion percentage is notgood 53% in hs. One
> game he was 1 of 14.

Mike Glennon had 32 TDs in 15 games and he had a D1 Reciever. Completion percent is low but you have no idea how many passes those D1 Recievers dropped early on.

Posted by: 6A State Game ()
Date: December 05, 2016 09:57PM

What I'll enjoy about this game is that I know both teams have imposed their will upon their opponents by the 4th quarter and the winner will be whichever team has control and momentum that last 1/8 of the game.

Date: December 05, 2016 09:58PM

Troll is a troll but Wrote:
> Troll is a troll but Westfield QB is not a good
> QB. He is a good runner but his passing is not
> good. 31 tds passing in 14 games is not imressive
> when you consider he has 2 D1 receivers. His
> completion percentage is notgood 53% in hs. One
> game he was 1 of 14.

He's been steadily improving all season. The completion percentage is also been improving all season. The South County game was only his 5th varsity start. Sometimes it takes a bit to develop and there are setbacks along the way.

That being said, in the playoffs he is at about 63%, 9TDs, 2Ints, over 700 Yds. Not bad. Again, not suggesting he is the best QB in NOVA. But better than average.

Posted by: Harsh crowd ()
Date: December 05, 2016 10:02PM

Poor scanlon kid gets absolutely roasted recently. Thought he played pretty well last year considering he was the only constant on offense the whole year, with the majority of the offense being suspended or hurt the whole regular season. Johnson is for sure a more natural dropbaxk passer and your seeing that come into play now with all those post routes down the middle of the field to eckert and frimpong, posts are the hardest route in highschool to cover. Look forward to seeing the rematch this Saturday!

Posted by: Westfield ()
Date: December 05, 2016 10:02PM

Just because South Lakes lost to a far superior Westfield team does not make them a bad team. If you didn't know anything about football and stood there and watched warm ups you already knew what the outcome would be. SL made it to the regional championship with small players and around 30 people on the team the whole year. I am a Westfield parent and I really respect SL for what they did this year. Westfield will always be the best in the region because they have experienced coaches who know how to coach that talent. Westfield will ALWAYS have the best talent overall. They can do things that others can because of their offensive and defensive line. They play condos fly with 3 d linemen so they can hide some deficiencies on the back end. South Lakes had no chance. They came within one game of the state championship. They were a good team this year, stop saying they were the worst team Westfield played not true. Just had a bad day sometimes you can't tell with High school kids. My guess is after the 3rd TD the writing was on the wall and they some of them packed it in. 14 games with so few players is a lot. I know how good we have it at Westfield and we should, and most likely will, win next week. Go Bulldogs

Posted by: SL ()
Date: December 05, 2016 10:17PM

South Lakes ran into a buzzsaw. To go from 2-8, then 9-3, now 12-2. Props to them. Unfortunately they will never beat Westfield. South Lakes was literally one injury away from being a 4-6 team at multiple positions. They need more players. Not only for depth purposes but practice as well. A friend of mines kid plays for the freshmen team and they said they went undefeated with sometimes dressing 18 players. Football is not a top priority at South Lakes. Might never be.

Posted by: SL Alum ()
Date: December 05, 2016 10:17PM

Why is SL so thin? I remember a few years ago when they were very average, they had 75-80 players on the sideline. I notice on Saturday that they only had 45 or so players and a few of them being freshman that were pulled up. You would think with the program improving and sL approaching 2800 kids that they would be loaded with players. Does anyone know how many kids they had on the freshman team?

Posted by: SL freshman ()
Date: December 05, 2016 10:25PM

23 kids on the freshmen team. Yeah enrollment doesn't seem to have an impact on football numbers.

Date: December 05, 2016 10:25PM

SL Alum Wrote:
> Why is SL so thin? I remember a few years ago when
> they were very average, they had 75-80 players on
> the sideline. I notice on Saturday that they only
> had 45 or so players and a few of them being
> freshman that were pulled up. You would think with
> the program improving and sL approaching 2800 kids
> that they would be loaded with players. Does
> anyone know how many kids they had on the freshman
> team?

Declining numbers is a county wide thing I think. Most Westfield freshman teams have around 50 players now but back in the day it was closer to 80. I doubt the county will let SL get to 2800 kids, if they do that's just stupid cause that means they will need to expand it once again. I wouldn't be surprised if Floris got put back into Westfield real soon.

Posted by: SL enrollment ()
Date: December 05, 2016 10:42PM

South Lakes is just over 2500 right now and they have been increasing each of the past 4 or 5 years. It has been projected that's SL could reach 2700-2800.

Posted by: NnFGY ()
Date: December 05, 2016 11:00PM

Westfield Wrote:
> Just because South Lakes lost to a far superior
> Westfield team does not make them a bad team. If
> you didn't know anything about football and stood
> there and watched warm ups you already knew what
> the outcome would be.

And if you had been at the South Lakes/Lake Braddock game you would have thought the EXACT same thing. And you would have been wrong.

> Westfield will always be the
> best in the region because they have experienced
> coaches who know how to coach that talent.
> Westfield will ALWAYS have the best talent
> overall.

That's just silly. Centreville was better in 2013 and 2014. There are plenty of experienced coaches around and Westfield frequently wins without the best talent.

> They can do things that others can
> because of their offensive and defensive line.
> They play condos fly with 3 d linemen so they can
> hide some deficiencies on the back end.

I don't know what your autocorrect was trying to say there. But Westfield's offensive and defensive lines this year are not as good as they were last year. And they will be even worse next year...

Posted by: 6A North Champs ()
Date: December 06, 2016 03:55AM

Westfield didn't simplfy their offense because of Johnson! He ran their offense last year without much of a problem. The issue was/is their OL. They simply need more bodies to protect the quarterback and allow him to throw over the top of the defense. Saturday's game may again come down to Westfield's wideouts vs Smith's DB's. Let the chess match begin.... Smith has over 25 interceptions this year!

Posted by: That's silly ()
Date: December 06, 2016 07:33AM

6A North Champs Wrote:
> Westfield didn't simplfy their offense because of
> Johnson! He ran their offense last year without
> much of a problem. The issue was/is their OL. They
> simply need more bodies to protect the quarterback
> and allow him to throw over the top of the
> defense. Saturday's game may again come down to
> Westfield's wideouts vs Smith's DB's. Let the
> chess match begin.... Smith has over 25
> interceptions this year!

Early on both his decisionmaking and execution were off. Look no further than the South County game. The O-line gave him plenty of time, but was, to be kind, ineffective. Last year, many of his big plays were lobs to Scanlon who went up and caught 50-50 balls. How many turnovers did he have in the championship? At least 3. I would call that a problem. He has developed this year, and matured into a very good leader and quarterback. But don't rewrite the history of how he got there

Posted by: Come on westfield be real ()
Date: December 06, 2016 09:03AM

I knew Mike Glennon, Mike Glennon is a friend of mine, Senator Johnson you are no Mike Glennon. Seriously though I watched Johnson struggle to throw accurately on most of his throws other than quick slants and slinging it over the top of bad DBs. He is a really good athlete, but not a good QB, Not even a D-3 QB. Not hating on him as an athlete as he looks very fast, agile and strong but if he does play in college he will not be a QB. He is a really good athlete on a really good high school team.That is what you need on a good HS team.

Date: December 06, 2016 01:36PM

Come on westfield be real Wrote:
> I knew Mike Glennon, Mike Glennon is a friend of
> mine, Senator Johnson you are no Mike Glennon.
> Seriously though I watched Johnson struggle to
> throw accurately on most of his throws other than
> quick slants and slinging it over the top of bad
> DBs. He is a really good athlete, but not a good
> QB, Not even a D-3 QB. Not hating on him as an
> athlete as he looks very fast, agile and strong
> but if he does play in college he will not be a
> QB. He is a really good athlete on a really good
> high school team.That is what you need on a good
> HS team.

The turnovers were fumbles, not interceptions. Additionally he only has 5 interceptions this year, and the one against South Lakes shouldn't have counted. You can't really put his fumbling issue from last year on his decision making. He may not be as good as Glennon but Johnson is no doubt the best QB in the region. Additionally, he's having more playoff success than any other Westfield QB, Glennkns included.

Posted by: Frequent Watched of WF Football ()
Date: December 06, 2016 02:07PM

Regardless the Next Level will find those Athletes, until then Westfield Football might just go on winning with Next Level Wrestlers, Basketball Players, Lacrosse Players, Baseball Players, Track Athletes, while their ALL- STATE Football Players carry-on at Community College, Armed Forces, or otherwise...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Not to change the current subject of where this thread was headed but the last two previous seasons Westfield did have a D1 football player in each class. Both just happened to choose service academies but by no means were those their only option. Both players, Gibson & Clancy, each had multiple D1 offers, they just were a little more humble and didn't post them all over social media. From what I know, they chose the academy programs because both knew what they wanted in regard to their careers once football was over. I also believe both knew that college would be their last hoorah so planning for the future was prudent.

Date: December 06, 2016 02:15PM

Regardless the Next Level will find those Athletes, until then Westfield Football might just go on winning with Next Level Wrestlers, Basketball Players, Lacrosse Players, Baseball Players, Track Athletes, while their ALL- STATE Football Players carry-on at Community College, Armed Forces, or otherwise...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Not to change the current subject of where this thread was headed but the last two previous seasons Westfield did have a D1 football player in each class. Both just happened to choose service academies but by no means were those their only option. Both players, Gibson & Clancy, each had multiple D1 offers, they just were a little more humble and didn't post them all over social media. From what I know, they chose the academy programs because both knew what they wanted in regard to their careers once football was over. I also believe both knew that college would be their last hoorah so planning for the future was prudent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This year it would appear they'll have two, Eckert, Jewell and Frimpong, not sure if Johnson has any offers. All I really know is that Eckert's headed to West Point and Jewell to Georgetown.

Date: December 06, 2016 02:16PM

Sorry, meant to say 3.

Posted by: ACC Representative ()
Date: December 06, 2016 03:15PM

The Point was, the word on the circuit, College Coaches are not "Warmly" received at Westfield, Many if not All of those young men, current, and Previous logged the Miles themselves to get the Looks, and Offers! Other Coaches/Programs in the Region are known to actively engage the process and promote their Athletes.

Posted by: WF Talent ()
Date: December 06, 2016 03:21PM

Frequent Watched of WF Football Wrote:
> Regardless the Next Level will find those
> Athletes, until then Westfield Football might just
> go on winning with Next Level Wrestlers,
> Basketball Players, Lacrosse Players, Baseball
> Players, Track Athletes, while their ALL- STATE
> Football Players carry-on at Community College,
> Armed Forces, or otherwise...
>
> -------------------------------------------------
> --------------
>
> Not to change the current subject of where this
> thread was headed but the last two previous
> seasons Westfield did have a D1 football player in
> each class. Both just happened to choose service
> academies but by no means were those their only
> option. Both players, Gibson & Clancy, each had
> multiple D1 offers, they just were a little more
> humble and didn't post them all over social media.
> From what I know, they chose the academy programs
> because both knew what they wanted in regard to
> their careers once football was over. I also
> believe both knew that college would be their last
> hoorah so planning for the future was prudent.
>
> ---------------
>
> This year it would appear they'll have two,
> Eckert, Jewell and Frimpong, not sure if Johnson
> has any offers. All I really know is that Eckert's
> headed to West Point and Jewell to Georgetown.

There is no lack of D1 talent.
How about Delaney? Often forgotten in D1 discussions. Eckert committed to West Point before his emergence this year, and could have gone with a much bigger footballnprogram if he had waited. Similarly, Jewell committed early and could have played D1, but probably not quite as high as Eckert. Johnson is getting D1 and below looks. Too soon to see where he goes. Cockrill will go D1. Petrillo could have gone D1 if he chose football over lacrosse. Frimpong probably a stretch for D1. There is a lot of talent on this team

Pages: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.