HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 24 of 28
Re: High School Football 2016
Posted by: nufan ()
Date: November 19, 2016 08:32AM

20 yards???????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: no Dog ()
Date: November 19, 2016 09:32AM

No Dog in this Game, However that Safety call was horrendous, QB standing at the try Hash, 2yards outside end zone when he released that Ball..That is absurd..That Crew should be Done, a game of that Magnitude and you miss that call by that much pathetic.

Date: November 19, 2016 09:43AM

The sad thing about the refs is that they are promoted to do these games based on performance. Another is that there are 3 more on the field during playoffs. I saw several flags that were waved off after a zebra conference.

Posted by: Refs ()
Date: November 19, 2016 09:57AM

The prevailing problem with the officials in this area is that they over officiate everything. They are way too eager to make the game about them rather than letting the kids play. Too many flags are thrown for things that don't happen or are very questionable. They should call personal fouls, holding only when people are getting tackled, and obvious pass interference. Let the rest go because they've proven that their judgement is terrible.
I was at the SL vs CV game last night and I saw a ton of bad calls both ways. I don't the officials were unfair. They were just very poor.

Posted by: leavetherefsalone ()
Date: November 19, 2016 12:06PM

Leave the officials alone. They do the best they can and we are fortunate to have them. Bad/Questionable calls are part of every game at every level and sport regardless of training and/or salaries. It is just the way it is. If you have a call go against you - just move on.

Posted by: Thanks wife ()
Date: November 19, 2016 03:30PM

Thanks honey for standing up for your fat ass referee husband

Posted by: refs congress ()
Date: November 19, 2016 05:01PM

The refs in the West Po-Madison game needed a five-minute huddle to sort out nearly every call. If they don't know the rules, they shouldn't throw as many flags.Just keep the game moving, under control, and make sure nothing outrageous is allowed.

Posted by: frequentwatcheroffootball ()
Date: November 19, 2016 06:03PM

Yes, there was quite a flurry of flags for a while there in the South County Westfield game also (SC 8-95, WFD 7-50). I'm not sure they all *had* to be called but I didn't think any were flat out wrong. But before you get too worked up read this story:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/a-referee-shortage-brings-thursday-night-lights-to-northern-virginia-football/2016/10/06/129e0fc4-8b49-11e6-bff0-d53f592f176e_story.html?tid=a_inl#comments

Posted by: Refs ()
Date: November 20, 2016 12:59AM

I agree that the refs have a very tough job and I think they are all great guys. The only thing I think they need to do is be less involved. Whoever is in charge of the officials simply needs to make a directive that they only need to make obvious calls. I've watched high school football in five different states and NOVA had the most penalties of all of them. I think the game would be much better served if the officials backed off a little. Again, I don't think anyone needs punished, but the mentality of the officlas needs a slight alteration to make the games more player focused. As a fan of high school football, I think all parties would benefit from that.

Posted by: Fuck South County ()
Date: November 20, 2016 01:02AM

iwasthere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Football Observer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Westfield Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Westfield: 20
> > > South County: 3
> > >
> > > Start of 4th quarter
> >
> >
> > Looks like the games almost over and the score
> > remains the same. I couldn't go but wow, SOCO
> held
> > to 3 points? This Westfield D is legit.
>
> SoCo offense was unable to break through even
> once. Simay the only player on their team.
> McDaniels, Spalding, Dunn AWOL. SoCo student
> section vulgar, SoCo coaches incompetent, SoCo
> fans rude, SoCo players dirty and undisciplined.
> Same old story.

South County has always been shit. The only team consistently worse than them is West Springfield.

Posted by: RetiredRef ()
Date: November 20, 2016 08:20AM

nufan Wrote:
> The sad thing about the refs is that they are
> promoted to do these games based on performance.
> Another is that there are 3 more on the field
> during playoffs. I saw several flags that were
> waved off after a zebra conference.

Wow, when you don't know what you are talking about the best thing to do is shut up.

The NVFOA does NOT assign refs to the playoffs based on their caliber - they assign them based on "loyalty" i.e. those that refed the most Frosh/JV games. So there were some weaker refs in the playoffs solely because their real jobs allowed them to ref on Thursday nights- while a few really good refs were benched because they couldn't or wouldn't call Frosh/JV games.

You're also wrong about the number of refs - there are TWO more refs during playoffs - 5-man crew in regular season, 7-man crew in playoffs.

Posted by: Retired for a reason ()
Date: November 20, 2016 09:29AM

Glad the resident expert stepped up to clarify the past week's debacle. So in their defense had their been 8 sets of eyes on the field instead of 7 they would have clearly been able to get tell the difference between the 2 yard line and an end zone that was painted a completely different color than the playing field ( see attached video above)

Posted by: RetiredRef ()
Date: November 20, 2016 09:41AM

Is English your second language?

I did not even discuss or reference the call(s) nor defend any refs, I just corrected the record that:

1) The BEST refs are not who call the play-offs and
2) They use 7-man crews for playoff's

Concerning the call in question, the white-hat clearly miscalled the safety, in fact, I would not have called grounding as #21 was more than close enough to the ball. OBTW there is no "outside the tackle box" salvation in NFHS rules.

Posted by: retired for a reasonb ()
Date: November 20, 2016 12:15PM

In typical Authoritarian style the first thing the power hungry official Does is "Attack" over clearly an auto-correct " is English your second Language" Its not about YOU! Hateful Power Hungry has been!

Date: November 20, 2016 04:45PM

Wether it's 2 or 3... they still mess up. And why would one ref tell me that playoff games are rewarded based on performance...being promoted to do so. So I based my comment on that. But if you feel I need to shut up then that's your opinion. Guess your one of those refs that makes all the right calls.

Posted by: frequentwatcheroffootball ()
Date: November 21, 2016 10:06AM

Saturday games.

I will pick Lake Braddock over South Lakes. They seem to be getting stronger and I just don't see that South Lakes has enough to pull off an upset. I think it will be a blowout actually.

I also will pick Madison over Westfield. I agree with some talk I have heard that Madison and Westfield are heading in opposite directions right now but... I was at the Stone Bridge-Madison and the Stone Bridge-Westfield games. And what I saw with my own eyes two months ago is enough for me. Madison just seems like a tougher harder-nosed team. I think this game will be close though.

Curious what everyone else thinks...

Posted by: Frequent Watched of WF Football ()
Date: November 21, 2016 12:16PM

Saturday games.

I will pick Lake Braddock over South Lakes. They seem to be getting stronger and I just don't see that South Lakes has enough to pull off an upset. I think it will be a blowout actually.

I also will pick Madison over Westfield. I agree with some talk I have heard that Madison and Westfield are heading in opposite directions right now but... I was at the Stone Bridge-Madison and the Stone Bridge-Westfield games. And what I saw with my own eyes two months ago is enough for me. Madison just seems like a tougher harder-nosed team. I think this game will be close though.

Curious what everyone else thinks...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with your Lake Braddock pick, don't think South Lakes will be able to stop LB's rushing attack. Centreville very well could have and maybe even should have won the game. LB just might get over the hump and make it to championship game this year, who knows.

I think Westfield beats Madison though, the talk of both teams going opposite directions may have been health related. While I don't know much about Madison, Westfield has all but 1 starter back at full strength. I also think WF shrinking the playbook for their offense heading into the Centreville contest weeks ago paid off. Westfield's offense has been pretty productive since then and their defense has gone with different formations and done much more blitzing. The other key factor is WF is playing their best players both ways which they do come playoff time. Not the entire game but enough in key situations to help boost either side of the ball. To hold SOCO's explosive offense to just 3 points says a lot about how the D is playing right know.

Just my thoughts...

Date: November 21, 2016 12:18PM

"right now" not know.

Sorry......

Posted by: FYI, Bishop Sullivan & Chris Sco ()
Date: November 21, 2016 04:48PM

FYI, Richard Hine, the AD at Bishop Sullivan has been fired. He hired the controversial Ocean Lakes Coach, Chris Scott. Bishop Sullivan has no post season due to non compliance with TCIS & VISAA league rules. Could there be more bad news for the kids that have chosen to be loyal to him?

Posted by: WARHAWKS ()
Date: November 21, 2016 04:53PM

WARHAWK FOOTBALL- A Vienna tradition!! I welcome all the Westfield fans and players to VIENNA on Saturday, before the WARHAWKS take down the Bulldogs! MAD Football takes this game 21-14 in a thriller! Coach Schulz will have our WARHAWKS ready for Saturday and we're taking no prisoners! Come out and see what a REAL HS football game is like, and come out and cheer on the WARHAWKS!!
The Concorde district can get a preview of how good the WARHAWKS will be! BLOAKTON already found out, and Westfield will be next!!

Posted by: Some Ideas ()
Date: November 21, 2016 05:09PM

This will be become a regular occurrence next year when Madison moves west into the conference with Westfield with the redistricting.

Posted by: 31 feet ()
Date: November 21, 2016 05:48PM

Whoever plays Lake Braddock needs to keep a close eye on their chain crew. They have a habit of setting the chains in front of the down marker. Turns your 1st & 10 into 1st & 10.5.

Posted by: WF Fan ()
Date: November 21, 2016 05:58PM

WARHAWKS Wrote:
> WARHAWK FOOTBALL- A Vienna tradition!! I welcome
> all the Westfield fans and players to VIENNA on
> Saturday, before the WARHAWKS take down the
> Bulldogs! MAD Football takes this game 21-14 in a
> thriller! Coach Schulz will have our WARHAWKS
> ready for Saturday and we're taking no prisoners!
> Come out and see what a REAL HS football game is
> like, and come out and cheer on the WARHAWKS!!
> The Concorde district can get a preview of how
> good the WARHAWKS will be! BLOAKTON already found
> out, and Westfield will be next!!

Madison plays in Liberty and played on of the worst Concorde teams. If anything Westfield will give y'all a nice warm welcome to big boy football. This is when Westfield starts getting really good. Ask LB and SOCO what happen last year.

Posted by: westfielddadx2 ()
Date: November 21, 2016 07:33PM

WARHAWKS Wrote:
> WARHAWK FOOTBALL- A Vienna tradition!! I welcome
> all the Westfield fans and players to VIENNA on
> Saturday, before the WARHAWKS take down the
> Bulldogs! MAD Football takes this game 21-14 in a
> thriller! Coach Schulz will have our WARHAWKS
> ready for Saturday and we're taking no prisoners!
> Come out and see what a REAL HS football game is
> like, and come out and cheer on the WARHAWKS!!
> The Concorde district can get a preview of how
> good the WARHAWKS will be! BLOAKTON already found
> out, and Westfield will be next!!

Now that's cool invitation! It is true Madison football has been around a lot longer than Westfield. I have always heard good things about the Warhawks from some oldtimers - telling stories about the "good old days" in the 70s. However, I would like to think Westfield has seen it's share of REAL HS football as well. Good Luck and see you Saturday!!

Posted by: WARHAWKS ()
Date: November 21, 2016 08:30PM

westfielddadx2 Wrote:
> WARHAWKS Wrote:
> -----
> > WARHAWK FOOTBALL- A Vienna tradition!! I
> welcome
> > all the Westfield fans and players to VIENNA on
> > Saturday, before the WARHAWKS take down the
> > Bulldogs! MAD Football takes this game 21-14 in
> a
> > thriller! Coach Schulz will have our WARHAWKS
> > ready for Saturday and we're taking no
> prisoners!
> > Come out and see what a REAL HS football game
> is
> > like, and come out and cheer on the WARHAWKS!!
> > The Concorde district can get a preview of how
> > good the WARHAWKS will be! BLOAKTON already
> found
> > out, and Westfield will be next!!
>
> Now that's cool invitation! It is true Madison
> football has been around a lot longer than
> Westfield. I have always heard good things about
> the Warhawks from some oldtimers - telling stories
> about the "good old days" in the 70s. However, I
> would like to think Westfield has seen it's share
> of REAL HS football as well. Good Luck and see
> you Saturday!!

Absolutely!! I invite all and every Bulldog fan to come along this Saturday to watch the WARHAWKS and Westfield play! This is one of the biggest WARHAWK games in the history of MAD HS, and the crowds should exceed well into the thousands!! Go WARHAWKS, Make VIENNA proud!!

Posted by: Passing Time ()
Date: November 22, 2016 12:14PM

While we wait for this weekend's games, let's discuss something new. Job openings. Any rumors on what schools will be firing / hiring new HC's? Any schools under performing that should be better than they are? And no, this isn't a time for you to complain about how your coach doesn't play you or your son. Actual discussion please.

Posted by: RumorMill ()
Date: November 22, 2016 12:52PM

I'm hearing that coaching changes will occur at Chantilly and Edison.

If this happens to be the year Lake Braddock takes it all, don't be surprised to see Lalli hang it up.

Posted by: WESTFIELD RULES ()
Date: November 22, 2016 12:53PM

only thing that matters is Westfield is the greatest team of all time and will surely win again this year

Posted by: HS football watcher ()
Date: November 22, 2016 02:04PM

Passing Time Wrote:
> While we wait for this weekend's games, let's
> discuss something new. Job openings. Any rumors
> on what schools will be firing / hiring new HC's?
> Any schools under performing that should be better
> than they are? And no, this isn't a time for you
> to complain about how your coach doesn't play you
> or your son. Actual discussion please.

No change at the head coach level but it looks like every other coaching position at Mount Vernon is open. As far as the conference/district changes for next year it doesn't look like Madison's move to the Concorde (or whatever they'll call it now) isn't the football death sentence it looked like it would be when it was announced.

Posted by: Tuscarora Seeking? ()
Date: November 22, 2016 04:23PM

Someone from inside circle says that Burnett and his crew are considering leaving Tuscarora.

If true, whoever takes over is LOADED with talent for the next two years.

Good thing Fairfax doesn't have to play Loudoun anymore!

Posted by: Dumbdumdb ()
Date: November 22, 2016 05:13PM

Westfield Rules...great to see the South County loyalist have progressed through the stages of Grief to acceptance!

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: November 22, 2016 05:43PM

Lake Braddock over South Lakes.
Westfield over Madison.

Stone Bridge over Brooke Point in D5 Semis.

Posted by: and then... ()
Date: November 22, 2016 05:44PM

Lake Braddock over Westfield. Doesn't matter who wins, Oscar Smith wins it all.
Stone Bridge will go to the D5 final and lose to either Hampton or Highlanr Springs.

Posted by: oooooo now you've done it ()
Date: November 22, 2016 05:59PM

Oooooooo now you've done it. Here comes the wholesale generalization that ALL 757 schools are cheaters. Most all the 703 is in denial that the poor kids at Smith could make it to the State game so often without shenanigans. Here it comes 3...... 2......1

Posted by: actually.. ()
Date: November 22, 2016 06:38PM

I actually don't give a fuck at all lol i'm calling it how i see it. Good for the 757 niggers.

Posted by: touchy touchy ()
Date: November 22, 2016 07:36PM

I doubt anyone in 757 cares what touchy.. touchy... "Actually" thinks but by your remarks, it looks like those poor little Smith ballers DO KINDA bother you. Typical troll with transference issues! But go ahead & keep trolling on FFU instead of doing your homework. Then, one day you can go to work for one of our 757 ballers but don't complain about your minimum wage job because the world is full of losers that just don't get it & you'll be easily replaced.

Posted by: Lol^ ()
Date: November 22, 2016 08:53PM

I bet this guy above me is a nigger or a liberal. No shit Oscar Smith is the best team in Virginia.

Posted by: what? ()
Date: November 22, 2016 09:32PM

What?

Posted by: what? ()
Date: November 22, 2016 09:39PM

When you start seeing brain on your index finger, your supposed to stop digging for buggers

Posted by: Why? ()
Date: November 22, 2016 11:03PM

Tusky and Chantilly are both surprising. Any ideas why?

Posted by: HSwatcher ()
Date: November 23, 2016 08:47AM

I don't think there is a problem at Mt. Vernon - I just think they are trying to add more coaches to the staff and I heard the coach was just moving some of the younger level guys up - I think they only had 8 coaches on staff and the new coach wants around 15...

Posted by: Conf 7 Guy ()
Date: November 23, 2016 09:57AM

HSwatcher Wrote:
> I don't think there is a problem at Mt. Vernon - I
> just think they are trying to add more coaches to
> the staff and I heard the coach was just moving
> some of the younger level guys up - I think they
> only had 8 coaches on staff and the new coach
> wants around 15...

They didn't have a freshmen staff at all, it was done by the JV coaches. That's tough to pull off.

15 would be ridiculous, though.

Ever see a DeMatha team photo? 22 coaches. You could have a left guard coach, a right guard coach, a left CB coach, a right CB coach . . .

Posted by: jojowhite ()
Date: November 23, 2016 10:04PM

Braddock and Westfield, although it'd be great to see SL or Madison score an upset.

Madison's defense looked shaky as hell in the first half of the West Po game. Facing a second-string QB making his first start, they gave up two TD passes (one called back) and a long TD run. They tightened up in the second half, but I think a healthy West Po wins that game nine times out of 10.

Posted by: HSF ()
Date: November 24, 2016 03:02PM

Healthy Madison team wins by 30

Posted by: Football Fan ()
Date: November 24, 2016 03:14PM

HSF Wrote:
> Healthy Madison team wins by 30

Against West Potomac... right? You better not be talking about Westfield.

Posted by: The Knower ()
Date: November 25, 2016 04:44PM

Local games are pretty simple this week....

Stone Bridge over Brooke Point

Massaponax over Potomac Falls

Braddock over South Lakes

Woodgrove over Dominion

Only one that is giving me some trouble is Westfield at Madison.

Going to pick Westfield in a nod to coaching staff more than anything else.

And trust me, no love for Westfield here - my kid's team actually beat them this year, but they do seem to get better in the playoffs.

Posted by: footballveteran ()
Date: November 25, 2016 05:13PM

The Knower Wrote:
> Only one that is giving me some trouble is
> Westfield at Madison.
>
> Going to pick Westfield in a nod to coaching staff
> more than anything else.
>
> And trust me, no love for Westfield here - my
> kid's team actually beat them this year, but they
> do seem to get better in the playoffs.

I am with you on this one. I have been suspicious that Westfield has been borderline deliberately under-performing during the regular season. Messing around with stupid playcalling and personnel decisions. Then they ramp it up during the playoffs. If they had given the same level of attention and effort as they did against Centreville and South County they would be undefeated. Well, except for maybe Stone Bridge.

Date: November 25, 2016 08:10PM

Let's hope in all these games that the officials only call those flags that are necessary, not taking the game away from the kids, and just let them play!

...it is a hope...sadly, not a certainty...

Posted by: Bright dea ()
Date: November 25, 2016 09:01PM

You know some fat ass is going to throw a holding flag into the center of the line when the play is already 20 yards down field...as well I hope they walk the field before hand and identify where exactly the Endzone(s) start and stop we don't need to re-visit the Centreville debacle

Posted by: 5a ()
Date: November 26, 2016 01:40PM

Stone Bridge 20 Brooke Point 7 End 1Q.

Date: November 26, 2016 01:44PM

Madison 7 Westfield 7 @7:34 1Q

Posted by: @some ideas ()
Date: November 26, 2016 01:49PM

i'm here at Brooke Point and SB is destroying them. 28-7. Who do you think will win WF or Madison?

Posted by: Polk High ()
Date: November 26, 2016 01:49PM

I was the best!

FOUR Touchdowns in a single game!

Date: November 26, 2016 02:56PM

Madison 13 Westfield 14 Half
South Lakes 19 Lake Braddock 7 Half

Posted by: if i had to predict.. ()
Date: November 26, 2016 03:08PM

south lakes & stone bridge will move on, westfield & madison too close to call. can't wait to watch them play each other regularly starting next year

Posted by: Smh what ()
Date: November 26, 2016 03:28PM

Wow! South lakes is killing Braddock 33-7.

Date: November 26, 2016 04:09PM

WARHAWK FOOTBALL- A Vienna tradition!! I welcome all the Westfield fans and players to VIENNA on Saturday, before the WARHAWKS take down the Bulldogs! MAD Football takes this game 21-14 in a thriller! Coach Schulz will have our WARHAWKS ready for Saturday and we're taking no prisoners! Come out and see what a REAL HS football game is like, and come out and cheer on the WARHAWKS!!
The Concorde district can get a preview of how good the WARHAWKS will be! BLOAKTON already found out, and Westfield will be next!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah right, WARHAWK FOOTBALL just got a BULLDOG BEATDOWN!

That's what it's going to look like for years to come as well.

Welcome to the Concorde District!

Posted by: bulldawggy ()
Date: November 26, 2016 04:10PM

Any update on Westfield / Madison score???

Posted by: WF Wins ()
Date: November 26, 2016 04:13PM

Westfield wins 31-13

Date: November 26, 2016 04:32PM

Madison's #1 receiver Nick Conforti broke his collarbone in 2nd Qtr.

Posted by: Yeah OK ()
Date: November 26, 2016 04:45PM

Some Ideas Wrote:
> Madison's #1 receiver Nick Conforti broke his
> collarbone in 2nd Qtr.

Yeah, that explains the turnovers and crappy defense...

Date: November 26, 2016 04:50PM

Some Ideas Wrote:
> Madison's #1 receiver Nick Conforti broke his
> collarbone in 2nd Qtr.

Wasn't aware he played defense and special teams, too.

Posted by: WESTFIELD IS THE BEST ()
Date: November 26, 2016 05:06PM

Is there ever any doubt Westfield simply is superior to everyone else, always have been and always will be.

Date: November 26, 2016 05:17PM

Pfffttt...

Westfield's offense was basically three big plays and a really, really good kicker...not really a complete game, simply a W.

Good luck w/ that.

Date: November 26, 2016 05:23PM

Very impressive performance by South Lakes this week. They have a nice team with a healthy balance of juniors and seniors. What's even more impressive was that it was the most important game in South Lakes recent history, and the one next week will no doubt be it's most important. For a team and coaching staff with such little playoff experience this is very impressive. Unfortunately for the community and the school however, I think they have a very small window for a championship. If they want to win States I think they'll have to do it either this year or next year, I can't see them contending once their loaded class of '18 graduates. Sadly, I see them losing to Westfield next week. I've only watched South Lakes twice this season but it seems to me that the teams strength is their two RBs and their QBs running ability. I just can't see them doing damage to that Westfield front 7, or that Westfield defense in general. They shutdown Madison in the second half, shut down Centreville, and shut down South County, two of which I believe have better offenses than that of South Lakes. Additionally I think the Westfield receivers and QB will be too much for the South Lakes secondary to handle. I see Westfield winning 35-24 or somewhere along those lines.

Posted by: Fun Fact ()
Date: November 26, 2016 05:30PM

Rehman Johnson is now tied with Mike & Sean Glennon with his 6th playoff win as the Westfield starting QB. Crazy to think that he might finish his career with more wins or more rings than them. Very impressive player, not as dominant, but then again, he doesn't have the same receivers.

Posted by: Facts don't Sway ()
Date: November 26, 2016 05:35PM

Thanks Mr. Johnson, not that impressive unless your talking about all the S@@t he talks!

Date: November 26, 2016 05:43PM

Pfffttt...

Westfield's offense was basically three big plays and a really, really good kicker...not really a complete game, simply a W.

Good luck w/ that.

----------------------------------------------------

It was what it needed to be, more points than the opponent. They have a good offense that can either grind it the length of the field or get it all in one play. Hell, the better of the two running backs didn't play a lot today, mostly due to his one fumble. Don't forget, they turned it over what, 3 times today, that typically doesn't happen. Bottom line is Westfield has done this every year under Simmons, get better as the season goes on then hit their stride come the playoffs.

Date: November 26, 2016 05:44PM

Thanks Mr. Johnson, not that impressive unless your talking about all the S@@t he talks!

------------------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty funny!

Posted by: What are you watching ()
Date: November 26, 2016 05:49PM

The better of the two running backs...if Keating and Simmons do not make all of their Running backs Look at big lineman Ass's all week and understand which way to cut based on where that big boys Butt is pointing..ankle biters..get it Westfield Running backs Clueless!

Date: November 26, 2016 06:04PM

The better of the two running backs...if Keating and Simmons do not make all of their Running backs Look at big lineman Ass's all week and understand which way to cut based on where that big boys Butt is pointing..ankle biters..get it Westfield Running backs Clueless!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Vince Lombardi, relax will ya. I said better of the two, NEVER did I suggest either was a superstar. My point was to the idiot that said the victory was "basically three big plays and a really, really good kicker...not really a complete game, simply a W". Westfield did what it had to, I'm also pretty sure the defense had a hand in the victory as well....

Date: November 26, 2016 06:16PM

Can someone please pull up a chart of common opponents between Westfield and South Lakes? Would like to know how the teams fared.

Posted by: Charts R Us ()
Date: November 26, 2016 06:24PM

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/south-lakes-seahawks-(reston,va)/football/schedule.htm

BriarWoods
Madison
Herndon
Oakton
Centreville
W&L

Westfield lost to BW in O T StoneBridge Thrashed them
SL lost to Hayfield who got annihilated by Lake Braddock so go figure anything Goes Week #14

Posted by: SL Fan ()
Date: November 26, 2016 06:50PM

South Lakes has arrived and they ain't going anywhere any time soon. We still have loaded Junior class returning next year and our Freshman team went undefeated beat everyone they played by 30 or more points. We will grab multiple State titles in the next 4 years including this year.

Posted by: then maybe ()
Date: November 26, 2016 06:55PM

So maybe get some fans at your home games. Hell there were more Centreville fans in the visitors seats last week than there were SL fans in the home seats

Date: November 26, 2016 07:04PM

South Lakes has arrived and they ain't going anywhere any time soon. We still have loaded Junior class returning next year and our Freshman team went undefeated beat everyone they played by 30 or more points. We will grab multiple State titles in the next 4 years including this year.

Hmmm, let's see;

Yorktown
McLean
Washington & Lee
Herndon
Madison
Langley

Hardly any of them synonymous with "6A North Football Powers"

Just saying.....

Date: November 26, 2016 07:06PM

Hmmm, let's see;

Yorktown
McLean
Washington & Lee
Herndon
Madison
Langley

Hardly any of them synonymous with "6A North Football Powers"

Just saying.....

----------------------------------------------------------------

Forgot Hayfield & Fairfax, sorry...........

Posted by: fiejdkf ()
Date: November 26, 2016 07:31PM

At the end of the day the southern virginia niggers will beat the northern virginia liberals

Date: November 26, 2016 07:39PM

For a team that has never made it this far and has been historically bad, South Lakes fans are very cocky.

Posted by: SL Fan ()
Date: November 26, 2016 07:49PM

Just stating facts. SL has arrived! They're taking over the region.

Posted by: WTF Happened? ()
Date: November 26, 2016 09:37PM

South County went 8-4 this season??? WTF happened?

Posted by: Bulldog Fan ()
Date: November 26, 2016 10:10PM

WTF Happened? Wrote:
> South County went 8-4 this season??? WTF happened?

Yep, think SOCO planned on taking over the region too, didn't work out too well.....

Posted by: Wise NR Fan ()
Date: November 26, 2016 10:10PM

Congrats to South Lakes. You guys have had a great two year run. Just remember that success can come and go quickly. If not for a terrible blown call in the Centreville game, you could have been out in round two. Enjoy this run. You never know if you'll get another.

Posted by: SL ()
Date: November 26, 2016 10:16PM

3rd south lakes game I've watched this year. Everytime I watch them in warm ups they look out matched out numbered and outsized. I can't believe they are as physical as they look. Props to the players and coaching staff for making this and unforgettable year. Westfield may very well win but really impressive job by south lakes. Stop with the strength of schedule too they crushed a huge oakton team. Beat 8-2 centreville and the top seed in the region by 3 scores. I Have become a bandwagon south lakes fan. Go Seahawks

Posted by: LakeBraddockPROUD ()
Date: November 26, 2016 10:44PM

Easy answer why South County went 8-4. They ran the score up on every small school they played and LOST every big game they played this season.

Posted by: Wise NR Fan ()
Date: November 26, 2016 10:49PM

Speaking of Lake Braddock... How many times in the past 8-10 years have they been the most talented team in the region and failed to win it? Lots of Seniors in this team, right? They were by far the best team in terms of the eye test that I saw this year in 6A North.

Date: November 26, 2016 10:52PM

Wise NR Fan Wrote:
> Speaking of Lake Braddock... How many times in the
> past 8-10 years have they been the most talented
> team in the region and failed to win it? Lots of
> Seniors in this team, right? They were by far the
> best team in terms of the eye test that I saw this
> year in 6A North.

Atleast they didn't lose to the same team that they normally lose to.

Posted by: FgEsd ()
Date: November 26, 2016 10:54PM

I am confused. Looking to see which Patriot conference teams are in the North finals. I don't see any. All I hear all season long is that Patriot is the dominant conference.

Posted by: NR Archives ()
Date: November 27, 2016 08:28AM

South Lakes Play off Dominance has been captured on Video for all to see in case there is any question who is taking over the State the next 4 years
https://mobile.twitter.com/rebelrunsports/status/799794555109474304/video/1

Date: November 27, 2016 09:33AM

NR Archives Wrote:
> South Lakes Play off Dominance has been captured
> on Video for all to see in case there is any
> question who is taking over the State the next 4
> years
> https://mobile.twitter.com/rebelrunsports/status/7
> 99794555109474304/video/1

Am I missing something? I don't see anything but a still picture, please enlighten those of us that don't get it....

Posted by: Enlightened ()
Date: November 27, 2016 10:01AM

Your missing a lot in this technology based World if you Do not know what to Do with that "Still picture" I guess your still using A Rotary Phone and Dial- up Modem.. Push the Blue Arrow in Center, Then the Black one..

Posted by: old news ()
Date: November 27, 2016 10:29AM

NR Archives Wrote:
> South Lakes Play off Dominance has been captured
> on Video for all to see in case there is any
> question who is taking over the State the next 4
> years
> https://mobile.twitter.com/rebelrunsports/status/7
> 99794555109474304/video/1

The butthurt is strong with this one. There seems to be a lot of it on this board over last weeks news. Get over it. If this play had been called correctly it would have been 2nd and long from deep in Cville territory. Maybe they punt from there and SL scores on the next possession to tie the game, maybe they get a few first downs then punt, maybe they drive for a TD to go up 21-7 in the 3rd. Who knows? One thing that isn't a given is that Cville would have won if not for this bad call.

Bad officiating happens in all HS sports and has been previously mentioned there were plenty of call both ways in the SL-Cville game. Championship teams have to overcome bad officiating and in this case Cville didn't.

Date: November 27, 2016 10:49AM

Enlightened Wrote:
> Your missing a lot in this technology based World
> if you Do not know what to Do with that "Still
> picture" I guess your still using A Rotary Phone
> and Dial- up Modem.. Push the Blue Arrow in
> Center, Then the Black one..

That would explain it, there is no blue arrow on my screen, I cannot get any videos to run on Twitter. Maybe you can enlighten me on they reason why oh wise one..

Posted by: Reality Please ()
Date: November 27, 2016 10:55AM

Great teams must be able to overcome poor officiating, but a call that terrible should never happen. It's one thing to miss a holding call or call pass interference when it didn't occur, but directly giving a team points that they didn't deserve should absolutely never occur. I hope someone from the officials organization contacted Centreville and admitted to the major mistake. I've watched HS football for 20 years and that's probably the worst mistake I've ever seen, given it was in the playoffs. By the way, I'm not a Centreville fan.

Posted by: WestFieldFan ()
Date: November 27, 2016 11:08AM

Why South County went 8-4 this season? They ran the score up on all the small schools and lost every big game they played. But Coach Simmons said it best when he retweeted this the night before we played SOCO. Do you think Pannoni got the message?
Kyle Simmons Retweeted
"When culture is your focus you'll spend more time building a great foundation and
less time putting out fires."

Posted by: Madison v Westfield ()
Date: November 27, 2016 01:32PM

if you actually watched the Westfield Madison game, you would know the score did not accurately reflect the game. Madison defense dominated Westfield offense, only giving up pne big drive and one big touchdown and were put in bad situations all game. Madison offense was rolling in the first but slowed down after Conforti got hurt and the pick 6. Just like the whole season, special teams and injuries plagued Madison. Madison fell apart 2nd half and were playing w/o 3-4 starters. My guess is SL beats a very overrated Westfield team

Date: November 27, 2016 02:38PM

Madison v Westfield Wrote:
> if you actually watched the Westfield Madison
> game, you would know the score did not accurately
> reflect the game. Madison defense dominated
> Westfield offense, only giving up pne big drive
> and one big touchdown and were put in bad
> situations all game. Madison offense was rolling
> in the first but slowed down after Conforti got
> hurt and the pick 6. Just like the whole season,
> special teams and injuries plagued Madison.
> Madison fell apart 2nd half and were playing w/o
> 3-4 starters. My guess is SL beats a very
> overrated Westfield team

--------------------------------------------------------

Domination would mean not giving up any score's let alone one big drive. Pretty sure there were 2 offensive TD's, 1 defensive TD, and 1 special teams TD scored by Westfield. That's what good teams do, they contribute in all 3 phases of a game to come away with the win.

Anyone who follows WF football will tell you it's special teams and defense that this team is known for. They've got talented playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, most of the time they're not called on to win the game because the other two afore mentioned units handle business. But make no mistake, the O definitely can put some points on the board, for the most part they will play it conservatively. Simmons knows he can count on Delaney's leg to pin the opponent deep and his D's ability to force turnovers.

If Madison's demise was because they lost one WR then that doesn't speak well of the team. Also, using an excuse that a couple starters were missing is lame as hell. Westfield started the game without #23 & #42, two of their better defensive players, they lost #64 sometime early second half who's probably their best O-lineman. Injuries occur, good teams find a way to overcome and win, Madison was beat by the better TEAM on the field yesterday....

Posted by: Westfield ()
Date: November 27, 2016 03:03PM

If Westfield is known for defense, this team is not one of their best. Their defense was very subpar

Date: November 27, 2016 03:18PM

Westfield Wrote:
> If Westfield is known for defense, this team is
> not one of their best. Their defense was very
> subpar

------------------------------------------

Only gave up 13 points to Madison yesterday, 3 points to SOCO the week before, 7 the week before that to Woodson.

I'm sure there are quite a few coaches in 6A North that would like to give up an average of under 8 points a game through the first 3 rounds of the playoffs.

Not bad for a "subpar" defense......

Posted by: Karma is a Beach ()
Date: November 27, 2016 03:38PM

It was the LGBT community that cost Madison the game, ask their players and Mohawked coach how many times they called Westfield Players Faggot yesterday...
Beware of Unicorns and Glitter...

Pages: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 24 of 28

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.