HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28
Re: High School Football 2016
Posted by: Enough.... ()
Date: October 15, 2016 04:16PM

List of local teams that could beat Westfield this year:

Stone Bridge
Briar Woods
Broad Run
Centreville
Lake Braddock
South Lakes
Madison
Woodbridge
Potomac Falls
Tuscarora

Teams with chance to beat them in Playoffs:

Robinson
South County
Battlefield
Hayfield
West Potomac

Thank you for reading.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tbJYE ()
Date: October 15, 2016 05:25PM

Westfield cheats again Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Am at the game, Westfield just wins on last second
> field goal but based on getting onside kick that
> Westfield did not get control of before going out
> of bounds. Pact with the devil and the refs still
> works. Better to be cheaters than good, that is
> Westfields approach.

Look at the replay on Gameday. Cockrill got control before he slid out of bounds. Fool.

Posted by: WcLuX ()
Date: October 15, 2016 05:31PM

WF Fan Wrote:
> Not gonna lie.... Westfield got 3-4 calls in this
> game that stole it from Robinson.
> 1) 1st half WF punts the ball into the endzone and
> the refs mark it down at the 1/2 yd line. Clearly
> a touchback
>
> 2) WF down 9 with 3 minutes left gains 10 USA on a
> pass, Robinson strips the ball and recovers, but
> the refs call him down
>
> 3) inside kicks gets batted around, WF kid falls
> on the ball 2 feet out of bounds and recovers it 3
> feet out of bounds. Refs meet and give the ball
> to WF with 1 minute left
>
> WF was completely outplayed but got a gift from
> the refs. We'll take it but I feel bad for the
> Robinson kids and coaches. Thought Robo handled
> it well. No coaches or players making a sense.
> They shook hands and left.

1. Wrong. The rule says if the ball is controlled before it goes into the endzone the play is dead. That is why the ball was placed at the one half yard line.
2. Don't remember this play.
3. Cockrill did have control in bounds before rolling out of bounds. WF ball.
4. You forgot one huge mistake that went Robinson's way. Deep in WF territory #22 was lifted up and then stripped of the ball before he even hit the ground. WF recovers but the umpire runs in emphatically pointing the runner down. Maybe the other calls were close but this one was not. A Robinson coach standing next to me even turned to me and said "now, that was a fumble".

Posted by: WF DADDIE ()
Date: October 15, 2016 06:03PM

Never question us at Westfield, we are above questioning, we are Westfield, we are the chosen ones. By the way, dixie cupping still on tonite boys since you pulled out the squeaker.

Posted by: enough enough ()
Date: October 15, 2016 06:10PM

Enough, you are the same fool that guaranteed a Briar Woods Win and a Stone Bridge Win last night...any given Friday...

Posted by: ROBO Dad ()
Date: October 15, 2016 07:33PM

You've proved yourself wrong. One a player is "picked up" his forward motion has stopped and he is down. Therefore a pick up and strip of the ball would not be possible... Nice try

The onside kick could have gone either way. Whatever sideline that play occurred on will get that call most nights.

The non-touchback punt was terrible. Maybe the worst call I've seen in the past 2-3 years. No player controlled or possessed the ball to down it that's why the ball was bouncing around in the endzone.

Props to WF for not quitting and making the most of the chances they got. A lot of teams would have given up down 9 with 5 minutes left.

Lastly, the refs are never perfect so it's hard to blame them. It just seemed that a lot of the 50/50 calls went to the same team last night.... Maybe we were just unlucky

Posted by: U69W7 ()
Date: October 16, 2016 10:39AM

ROBO Dad Wrote:
> You've proved yourself wrong. One a player is
> "picked up" his forward motion has stopped and he
> is down. Therefore a pick up and strip of the
> ball would not be possible... Nice try

If what you say is true, then any time a player's forward momentum is stopped but the ball is stripped for a fumble at the same time, those fumbles would be negated. Man, that equals a ton of bad calls by officials.
>
> The onside kick could have gone either way.
> Whatever sideline that play occurred on will get
> that call most nights.

True-an onsides kick is almost always a toss up. But I certainly don't buy your assertion that whichever team's bench it happens in front of gets the call-that is insulting to the officiating crew. Those guys are above that and work hard to call the game fair. In fact, in HS good officials often let stuff go if it does not have an affect on the play or is not a foul that can injure a player. They also "teach" during games, giving players a chance to correct minor infractions and avoiding a flag unless the player repeats the mistake.
>
> The non-touchback punt was terrible. Maybe the
> worst call I've seen in the past 2-3 years. No
> player controlled or possessed the ball to down it
> that's why the ball was bouncing around in the
> endzone.

If this is the "worst call" you've seen in 2-3 years you must not be watching that many games. Questionable? Yes. But HS does not have the advantage if instant replay. Again, the officials are not out to get any one team-they try to do their best.

> Props to WF for not quitting and making the most
> of the chances they got. A lot of teams would
> have given up down 9 with 5 minutes left.
>
> Lastly, the refs are never perfect so it's hard to
> blame them. It just seemed that a lot of the
> 50/50 calls went to the same team last night....
> Maybe we were just unlucky

Was WF outplayed considering the entirety of the game? Yes. But they did step up when it counted. Sometimes the team that outperforms does not win-we all know that. That is why we fans still go to the games.

Posted by: SL Parent ()
Date: October 16, 2016 10:49AM

South Lakes will win the region this year...Scary thing is we return everyone next year!

Posted by: Pump the brakes, South Lakes... ()
Date: October 16, 2016 01:30PM

Those numbers? Those are the state rankings for the teams that they defeated before Madison.

#53 - Briar Woods lost by 7, outgained and outplayed SL.

And yes, it does hurt Madison that their top two running backs are out.

Hey, I have nothing against SL. They are enjoying a great season. All I am saying is that they are fresh and not beat up by playing the Little Sisters of the Poor.

I am sorry - don't see them making Regional final.

Posted by: Best in State ()
Date: October 16, 2016 01:34PM

If you haven't seen Hembry from Broad Run, check out what he did in last two minutes to beat Stone Bridge Friday night. Go to Gameday magazine and check out Moments of Glory. You don't need a membership for this highlight. Kid is on his way to second consecutive 2,000 yard season and might be a better DB than RB. What a finish!

Posted by: e3uMc ()
Date: October 16, 2016 02:31PM

WF Dad Wrote:
> Petrillo is not out for the year. He will be back
> this week. Westfield will start their annual
> march deep into the post-season this week. This
> is the time of the year when they start to really
> improve.

BTW, Petrillo did not play. Word has it that Petrillo, Free and Lydic are done for the season. In addition to Rivers. WFD might be able to beat Robinson with a JV defense but that isn't going to take them far into the playoffs. Reality.

Posted by: WF Fan ()
Date: October 16, 2016 04:45PM

e3uMc Wrote:
> WF Dad Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Petrillo is not out for the year. He will be
> back
> > this week. Westfield will start their annual
> > march deep into the post-season this week.
> This
> > is the time of the year when they start to
> really
> > improve.
>
> BTW, Petrillo did not play. Word has it that
> Petrillo, Free and Lydic are done for the season.
> In addition to Rivers. WFD might be able to beat
> Robinson with a JV defense but that isn't going to
> take them far into the playoffs. Reality.

Don't know about the other 2 but I'm pretty sure a concussion isn't gonna keep Petrillo out for the year.

Posted by: the U91 ()
Date: October 16, 2016 04:49PM

The region is down this year, but South Lakes and Madison are still 2nd tier teams. They will struggle with Hayfield. I see Hayfield beating both of these teams.

All 3 will make the playoffs, but if/when they play Centreville, Braddock, Battlefield or South County in the playoffs, their seasons will be done!

Date: October 16, 2016 04:58PM

Westfield probably won't win the region this year but they will definetly beat Madison or South Lakes. Those teams don't have enough playoff experience to make a run. I can definetly see South Lakes contending next year tho. And as for Westfield, when they are healthy, hopefully will be in 3 weeks, they have talent and the coaching to beat anyone.

Posted by: Nah nah nah ()
Date: October 16, 2016 06:36PM

the U91 Wrote:
> The region is down this year, but South Lakes and
> Madison are still 2nd tier teams. They will
> struggle with Hayfield. I see Hayfield beating
> both of these teams.
>
> All 3 will make the playoffs, but if/when they
> play Centreville, Braddock, Battlefield or South
> County in the playoffs, their seasons will be
> done!

What makes you think BF is better than 3 of those teams you mentioned, if the NR is down then Prince William is in the shitter, and seeing those teams I feel like my statement is justified. They never do anything special, they're always just "there" for the sake of representing the best of arguably the weakest football. I feel like Centreville vs any of those 3 would be a good match-up with favorability in the Liberty. Though it seems like an unpopular opinion, I still feel like LB would beat Centreville come the opportunity again. As for SOCO, they're making good adjustments, but it's hard to predict what they'll do. Regardless, as most people put it the region really is TBD.

Posted by: Comparisons and shite ()
Date: October 16, 2016 06:43PM

Nah nah nah Wrote:
> the U91 Wrote:
> -----
> > The region is down this year, but South Lakes
> and
> > Madison are still 2nd tier teams. They will
> > struggle with Hayfield. I see Hayfield beating
> > both of these teams.
> >
> > All 3 will make the playoffs, but if/when they
> > play Centreville, Braddock, Battlefield or
> South
> > County in the playoffs, their seasons will be
> > done!
>
>
> What makes you think BF is better than 3 of those
> teams you mentioned, if the NR is down then Prince
> William is in the shitter, and seeing those teams
> I feel like my statement is justified. They never
> do anything special, they're always just "there"
> for the sake of representing the best of arguably
> the weakest football. I feel like Centreville vs
> any of those 3 would be a good match-up with
> favorability in the Liberty. Though it seems like
> an unpopular opinion, I still feel like LB would
> beat Centreville come the opportunity again. As
> for SOCO, they're making good adjustments, but
> it's hard to predict what they'll do. Regardless,
> as most people put it the region really is TBD.

It's hard to judge Liberty against other district leaders because they rarely face anyone of merit non-conference. They all defeated their Loudon County counterparts, and that's about it. Hayfield played a "coulda shoulda woulda" last few minute loss against SOCO. But who else? But that's it for them playing actual 6A powers (not to say that Madison, Hayfield, SL are not or can't be, but we don't presume them to be at the top like we do with LB, Centreville, and before, Westfield).

Posted by: frequentwatcheroffootball ()
Date: October 16, 2016 07:56PM

Westfield phony Wrote:
> Watch the Film jackass the on-side kick was
> recovered in bounds...can't miss it on the Film...
> Losers complain about Ref calls and last minute
> Bullshit when they should have put the Game away
> long before...slow motion...really slow
> motion...#97 Scoops ball, both knees down, Slides
> out of Bounds..possession Westfield...You
> lose..Sorry the better Team doesn't always win!

Watched it on Hudl. You are correct - seems like a clear cut recovery in bounds. Don't see how the ref could possibly have called it differently. A great football play by #97.
Attachments:
cockrillrecoversinbounds.jpg

Posted by: Who's on Second ()
Date: October 16, 2016 08:20PM

Great call by the referee to make the right call in real time. As the film shows clearly #97 was inbounds..

Posted by: Followi the Bouncing Ball ()
Date: October 16, 2016 08:29PM

The above pictures tell you all you need to know about Westfield Football, They are SEVEN weeks into the Season and they finally get the biggest Target on the Field the Ball....and for a change he wasn't running Wide Open!

Posted by: North Fan ()
Date: October 16, 2016 08:30PM

Any clips of the fumble by #4 on the last TD drive and the downed punt call that pinned Robinson inside the 1 in the 1st half? From what I've heard from the officials, those are the calls the Robinson coaching staff was furious about.

Posted by: Football Fan ()
Date: October 16, 2016 09:01PM

North Fan Wrote:
> Any clips of the fumble by #4 on the last TD drive
> and the downed punt call that pinned Robinson
> inside the 1 in the 1st half? From what I've
> heard from the officials, those are the calls the
> Robinson coaching staff was furious about.

Both were 50-50 calls and happen to go in the home teams favor, nothing to really complain about. If we're gonna find every little thing to complain about how about #2 Sean Eckert getting tripped by the Robinson player in the end zone and not getting a PI call? Westfield settled for a FG in that drive. If you really look for something to complain about you will find. In my opinion there were no horrible calls, just a couple that could've went either way and Westfield happen to get them. Robinson just got unlucky. Best of luck to them. And as for Westfield, better hope they get healthy quick. Rivers is lost for the season but I think everybody else will be back soon. The 2 O-Linemen and the 3 defensive players. Westfield definetly has the talent to beat any team in the region, but it feels like they lack motivation this year, hopefully that changes soon. This game should serve as a wake up call. And #17 to #4 seemed kind of unstoppable last game, they should definetly pass more. As for the earlier parent boasting about how good South Lakes is and how they return everybody next year, how about their best player, David Kroll? Keep the bragging on the low until your team makes it out the second round. As for South Lakes and Madison, both teams seem talented although they lack playoff experience. If Madison is gonna do anything, this is their year, South Lakes has this year and next year but when their class of '18 graduates it looks like they will go back into mediocrity.

Date: October 16, 2016 09:37PM

Football Fan Wrote:

> As for South Lakes and Madison, both teams seem
> talented although they lack playoff experience. If
> Madison is gonna do anything, this is their year,
> South Lakes has this year and next year but when
> their class of '18 graduates it looks like they
> will go back into mediocrity.

You are the second person to comment that South Lakes doesn't have playoff experience. I would differ. They won a game last year and had a solid performance against the eventual state champion in the second round. I am sure they gained some valuable experience right there.

Date: October 16, 2016 09:50PM

North Fan Wrote:
> Any clips of the fumble by #4 on the last TD drive

I did see one replay but to my eyes it was inconclusive.

Posted by: Steve K ()
Date: October 16, 2016 10:26PM

I'm late to the party this week, but I really liked what I saw out of South Lakes this week. They have athletes at every position and a pretty good line. They looked pretty legitimate and I'd certainly label them a contender for the region after seeing them in person.

What I found interesting though, is they got a lot of questionable calls in their favor that changed the complextion of the game. A roughing the passer call took a way an INT that led to a South Lakes touchdown and an ineligible man down field took away another Madison TD. I'm not saying either call was absolutely wrong, but both took the sails out of Madison and I don't think South Lakes would get those calls on the road. Madison and South Lakes are very even and I look forward to seeing how Hayfield fairs against the two.

It'll be interesting to see who emerges between the Hawks, Seahawks and Warhawks.

Posted by: Concorde Hyper ()
Date: October 17, 2016 12:53PM

Centreville (6-1, 2-0) @ Westfield (5-2, 2-0). This is a huge rivalry game – do not underestimate how important this game is to both teams even though they may not be perceived as the top teams in 6A North this year. I think Westfield was already looking past Robinson for this final (and Senior Night) home game of the season. This game is no doubt going to be for the Concorde Conference 5 title so it could be argued it is the game of the week despite no undefeated teams.

Centreville
W, Annandale (3-4), 42-0 / convincing win against a solid but lower tier team
W, Fairfax (0-7), 55-6 / routine win against a very very bad football team
W, Broad Run (5-2), 21-9 / impressive win against a 5A North Region contender
L, Tuscarora (5-3), 14-21 / close loss to a tough Potomac District power
W, Lake Braddock (6-1), 8-7 / impressive win against a top 6A North Region contender
W, Oakton (2-5), 21-12 / pedestrian win against a solid but lower tier Concorde District rival
W, Herndon (1-6), 49-17 / thorough domination of a very very bad football team

Points scored: 210
Points allowed: 72
Opponent’s record: 22-28

Westfield
W, Washington-Lee (2-5), 45-0 / nice win against a lower tier Liberty District team
W, South County (6-1), 17-13 / hung on to defeat a top 6A North Region contender
W, TC Williams (4-4), 21-14 / ground out a tough win against a solid middle-of-the-pack foe
L, Stone Bridge (5-2), 16-34 / were handled by a 5A North Region contender
W, Oakton (2-5), 41-3 / impressive win against a solid but lower tier Concorde District rival
L, Briar Woods (3-5), 34-35 / 2OT loss against a tough Potomac District power
W, Robinson (3-4), 29-28 / come-from-behind win against a tough Concorde District rival

Points scored: 203
Points allowed: 127
Opponent’s record: 25-26

So who will win? I have seen both teams in person this year and I think this should be a pretty close match-up. Offenses are about even (RB edge to CVILLE, QB/WR edge to WFD) but I think Centreville has without question the stouter defense. Centreville should win about 21-17. But if one team makes a lot more mistakes than the other it could be a 14 point win one way or another.

Delaney’s leg could be the difference maker again – his punting/kicking has kept some of Westfield’s games close by making the other team always have a full length field to drive. I would love to know what the average field position advantage Westfield has had this year.

Posted by: Some Ideas ()
Date: October 17, 2016 12:54PM

So..."Seahawks Rule" has created their own person South Lakes gloating thread... :(

Posted by: Warhawk Alum ()
Date: October 17, 2016 07:07PM

Props to South Lakes for the win over Madison. They were the better team. I think some of the calls hurt Madison. They had a long interception return completely wiped out by a roughing the passer penalty. In 2nd half Finney had a KO return to the 5 yard line that got moved back 15 yds for a penalty. Mad eventually scored but there was another penalty.

That being said, SL was able to run the ball a little. Alston is a weapon, and the QB Miles was great. Funaki is hard to cover for sure, and is good on defense. SL defense also came up huge with at least 3 turnovers and a goal line stand. They are a solid team, and will contend for the region.

I agree with others, Madison ground game struggled with Counts and Koshuta not in the lineup. I cant imagine Madison had more than 40 yards rushing in this game. After a slow start, Choutka did pretty good at QB.

If they play again in the regionals, I think its anybody's game.

Posted by: WF Dad ()
Date: October 18, 2016 10:55AM

Westfield is supreme - they will roll the table starting this week all the way to states again

Posted by: WF Shrink ()
Date: October 18, 2016 11:13AM

WF Dad, Clearly you have suffered a greater concussion than several of the players, who look to return to action this week if you believe what you wrote... or you are just Trolling under the WF moniker...

Posted by: SL Dad ()
Date: October 18, 2016 11:20AM

Not this year buddy boy. All your region are belong to us. Best Regards, South Lakes.

Posted by: Daniel Carver ()
Date: October 18, 2016 01:59PM

Centreville will drop quickly, they are a was been team and will never be a contender again,,one clown keeps trying to hype them.
Best of luck to all teams this week and stay healthy

Posted by: VHSL rankings BS ()
Date: October 18, 2016 07:58PM

Apparently VHSL loves Centreville... Literally #1 on every list... playoff wise they're only #4. I'm not saying they're bad, but I mean really... VHSL is not based off of any statistic, so I GUESS beating a team that hasn't been ranked #1 for a few weeks in the last 15 seconds by quite honestly- luck makes them the best in their minds is whatever. Hell, I guess losing to a team that is no longer in their top 40 doesn't mean much... but OH YEAH beat a top team and you'll be #1 for sure despite losing to a nonimpressive 5A team nah... never happened.

Keep in mind: I'm not saying CVille is bad or doesn't have a chance, but they don't deserve that spot at this moment. It's stupid because they think they've reformed into their former glory... they're far from the 2013 team.

Date: October 18, 2016 08:36PM

VHSL rankings BS Wrote:
> Apparently VHSL loves Centreville... Literally #1
> on every list... playoff wise they're only #4. I'm
> not saying they're bad, but I mean really... VHSL
> is not based off of any statistic, so I GUESS
> beating a team that hasn't been ranked #1 for a
> few weeks in the last 15 seconds by quite
> honestly- luck makes them the best in their minds
> is whatever. Hell, I guess losing to a team that
> is no longer in their top 40 doesn't mean much...
> but OH YEAH beat a top team and you'll be #1 for
> sure despite losing to a nonimpressive 5A team
> nah... never happened.
>
> Keep in mind: I'm not saying CVille is bad or
> doesn't have a chance, but they don't deserve that
> spot at this moment. It's stupid because they
> think they've reformed into their former glory...
> they're far from the 2013 team.

Are you referring to the VHSL Reference website? If so, chill out. The one thing the website does not do is play favorites. The entire ranking system is based entirely on mathmatical formula/algorithms. Calpreps does the same sort of thing.

You may not take much stock in it but keep in mind what VHSL Reference claims: "The rating system has correctly predicted the game winner in 82.6% of 23,512 games from 2000-2015 (19,421 Wins - 4,091 Losses)" That's not bad.

Date: October 18, 2016 11:10PM

Anybody know what the injury report for Westfield is gonna look like this week? It seems like this team always has an excuse for losing year in and year out. I will admit however that the excuse last year was valid. I didn't think getting those players back would make as big a difference as it did. Anyone think they can make a run when all 5 injured players (Rivers not included) come back?

Posted by: Bulldog Booster ()
Date: October 19, 2016 09:17AM

It seems like this team always has an excuse for losing year in and year out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You're sir/mam, are an idiot! Name one school in NOVA that has more wins over the past 16 seasons than Westfield.

I would think not having your best LB and DB hurt as well as 2 big OL would impact any team. Yet they still pulled out a win against a good Robinson team.

Do I think this team is as good as last years team, no. But you gotta hand it to them, their plugging in the next man up week after week and with the exception of Stone Bridge have been competitive.

Date: October 19, 2016 09:19AM

Sorry for the grammatical errors, SIRI is not being cooperative today....

Posted by: Karch Kiraly ()
Date: October 19, 2016 09:43AM

Bulldog Booster Wrote:
>
> You're sir/mam, are an idiot! Name one school in
> NOVA that has more wins over the past 16 seasons
> than Westfield.

Madison Warhawks Girls Volleyball

Posted by: Pablo Statcobar ()
Date: October 19, 2016 09:57AM

VHSL rankings BS Wrote:
> Apparently VHSL loves Centreville...

I couldn't find it on the website, but they used to have the formula posted. It calculates the rating based on wins going back 10 years. So 2016 wins would be weighted a 10, 2015 wins a 9, 2014 wins an 8, etc. all the way back to 2007.

Why do wins 10 years ago have any bearing on today's rating? Beats me. That's why you'll constantly see teams with 4-5 losses in the final top 20. Stone Bridge was #15 last year with 5 losses. Because of their historical success, they get a high ranking even with 5 losses.

High school schedules are full of mismatches you don't have to be a genius to pick at a high percentage. We all know Fairfax is going 0-10 this year. That's padding my pick percentage.

I'd like to see the VHSL reference accuracy percentage between teams with a winning record. Bet it's closer to 50%.

Posted by: Chill dude ()
Date: October 19, 2016 10:10AM

His point was simple VHSL Reference is pure stats driven. No human opinion on who is better than who.

Posted by: Pablo is an idiot... ()
Date: October 19, 2016 12:17PM

VHSL only uses stats from the current year! Stone Bridge was ranked #15 last year with 5 losses because they played in the state final! They had an incredibly difficult schedule compared to most teams. Broad Run is ranked #14 this year because their losses are to the # 1 and # 3 teams in the state... or something like that - don't get all over me for minor mistakes. They do pretty well in their picks - not great, but pretty well. Of course picking games when both teams have winning records is difficult, same with both teams with losing records. Stats driven. That is all it is about. Of course, superior site is cal preps, and they do even better. Check out that site.

Date: October 19, 2016 04:47PM

Pablo Statcobar Wrote:

> I couldn't find it on the website, but they used
> to have the formula posted. It calculates the
> rating based on wins going back 10 years. So 2016
> wins would be weighted a 10, 2015 wins a 9, 2014
> wins an 8, etc. all the way back to 2007.

No. No. No. No. and No. You are completely incorrect.

> Why do wins 10 years ago have any bearing on
> today's rating? Beats me.

Because they don't. Why are you making this stuff up?

Posted by: Upset? ()
Date: October 19, 2016 06:47PM

My sleeper pick this week will be Chantilly with a win over Briar Woods. IF chantilly can shut down maffe. The kids damn good. Fits perfectly into their system. However, you have got to love Corey Thomas and his refusal to quit. The kid bringing s it every damn week and toasted Oaktons secondary last week. He has got to love how people always choose other players over him. Maffe, is just more complete. He fits perfectly into their system. If Chantilly can find a way to get Thomas involved like they did last week, this could be a good one. Don't get me wrong. I like Briar Woods and if they execute like they have shown.. the W is theirs.

Posted by: runnerup ()
Date: October 19, 2016 07:37PM

Pablo is an idiot... Wrote:
> VHSL only uses stats from the current year! Stone
> Bridge was ranked #15 last year with 5 losses
> because they played in the state final! They had
> an incredibly difficult schedule compared to most
> teams. Broad Run is ranked #14 this year because
> their losses are to the # 1 and # 3 teams in the
> state... or something like that - don't get all
> over me for minor mistakes. They do pretty well in
> their picks - not great, but pretty well. Of
> course picking games when both teams have winning
> records is difficult, same with both teams with
> losing records. Stats driven. That is all it is
> about. Of course, superior site is cal preps, and
> they do even better. Check out that site.

So a state runner-up finishes 15th? That doesn't seem right either.

Date: October 19, 2016 08:21PM

Bulldog Booster Wrote:
> It seems like this team always has an excuse for
> losing year in and year out.
>
> ---------------------
>
> You're sir/mam, are an idiot! Name one school in
> NOVA that has more wins over the past 16 seasons
> than Westfield.
>
> I would think not having your best LB and DB hurt
> as well as 2 big OL would impact any team. Yet
> they still pulled out a win against a good
> Robinson team.
>
> Do I think this team is as good as last years
> team, no. But you gotta hand it to them, their
> plugging in the next man up week after week and
> with the exception of Stone Bridge have been
> competitive.

Not saying they aren't good. In fact I think a healthy Westfield team can win the region. I'm just saying it's the same thing every season it seems. What was the last Westfield team that truly dominated in the regular season?

Posted by: West Po Po ()
Date: October 19, 2016 08:36PM

Six wins and one loss, Will the beat South County?

Date: October 19, 2016 09:02PM

What was the last Westfield team that truly dominated in the regular season?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're talking outscoring opponents then it's 2012, they were 12-1, upset by Oakton in Region final. But they were also 12-1 in 2011, 11-3 in 2013, 12-2 in 2014, and 14-1 last year. That's the point I was trying to make, 166-38 since 2000, pretty dominating as a whole. Also consider that they've played in one of the tougher Districts over that period, that's pretty impressive.

Posted by: westfieldfootballhistorian ()
Date: October 20, 2016 01:16PM

Bulldog Booster Wrote:
> What was the last Westfield team that truly
> dominated in the regular season?
>
> ----------------------
>
> If you're talking outscoring opponents then it's
> 2012, they were 12-1, upset by Oakton in Region
> final. But they were also 12-1 in 2011, 11-3 in
> 2013, 12-2 in 2014, and 14-1 last year. That's the
> point I was trying to make, 166-38 since 2000,
> pretty dominating as a whole. Also consider that
> they've played in one of the tougher Districts
> over that period, that's pretty impressive.

My OCD kicking in: Westfield overall record is 165-39. VHSL Reference has the score of their second game of the 2000 season incorrect. They lost to Strasburg 9-6 on a last minute field goal. VHSL Reference has that game as a 7-0 win. Game 3 vs Forest Park was their first win.

Posted by: WE WANT STEVE, WE WANT STEVE ()
Date: October 20, 2016 01:43PM

Steve K, where your lines at? It's Thursday afternoon.

Posted by: Kimmy THE GEEK ()
Date: October 20, 2016 02:28PM

For the WIN:

Annandale v. South County, Jim, Jack, Bo Daniels could play QB this week and South County still wins by 30. Annandale scores 14, just because even against the worst teams, undisciplined South County still turns the ball over and gets idiotic penalties!

Briar Woods v. Chantilly the Maffe vs. Thomas Bowl as it has been tagged, unfortunately Thomas cant snap, pass and Block for himself, he can only run through Oakton's Secondary, this is not Oakton, Briar Woods by 10.

Broad Run v. Oakton, After the Hembry Train single handedly smacked Stone Bridge Silly, he will pull a Super Corey Thomas and make Oakton wish they only lost by 3 in the last minute to Chantilly's super star...see there are Kids that think they are D-1 Players, and then there are Men amongst Boys who are D-1 Players NORTHERN VA's BEST PLAYER continues his hot trend, BR by 21.

Centreville v. Westfield always a cross-town classic, if Centreville can run-up 250-300 yards much like Stonebridge (460) Briar Woods (250+) they will have a winning formula, if on the other hand they take 8-10 minutes to score and have 5-6 penalties a drive they may suffer the same fate as Robinson, outplay your opponent and Lose. Westfield has got to be creative and stop thinking they can run between the tackles, Centreville front 3, probably the best in Region, if they get Johnson to the edge with pass first, run second option Westfield could make it interesting. Centreville 27- Westfield 24.

Edison v. Fallschurch Stay Home and catch up on your weeks DVR recordings, unless your kids in the band, that 8 minutes at half-time still not worth the price of admission, Falls Church by 20.

Fairfax v. Madison, almost isn't fair for Fairfax, Madison proved they are only a 9 win team, regular season, just couldn't get it done last week, Choutka and the Boys make themselves believe they can get by the first round of the play-offs this week, Madison by 35.

Herndon v. Robinson, seasons can turn on performances like Robinson previous week. Unfortunately for Herndon, they do not have enough in the tank to Pull a Westfield, Robinson still reeling by 10.

Jefferson v. Lee some one will get a W Friday, unfortunately as bad as Lee is, Jefferson is the worst, Lee looks like a Play-off contender is for only 1- night, Lee by 24.

Lake Braddock v West Springfield, South County should lend West Springfield their second team players, simply to keep Lake Braddocks starters on the field beyond half-time, quite possibly causing a tweaked ham-string or something for a Braddock starter Prior to the week 10 showdown which will send Braddock or South County to the play-offs with 2-losses...the areas most hyped team prior to week 1 gets hammered, Braddock by 24.

McLean v W&L, W&L does what it needs to do against weak teams, McLean may be 1-2 starters better than Jefferson and that's it, W&L begins their play-off push, W&L by 23.

South Lakes v. Langley, the track meet gets back on track this week after a slow down last week, South Lakes must score 50+ to fuel the dream, the Dream of hoisting a region Banner, South lakes by 31.

T.C v. West Potomac, not as easy a game as the 6-1 PO's believe, T.C. will keep it close before fading late, west Potomac by 17.

Tuscarora v. Stone Bridge, After last weeks inability to stop what everyone Knew was going to happen, Stone Bridge is thirsty for a beat Down, Tuscarora will unfortunately be the little Brother, Stone-Bridge will only see the #2 on every Tusky Player to handle the ball, Stone-Bridge By 12.

W.T Woodson v. Mount Vernon, looks as if the Vernon Rocket has come back to earth, Woodson will spread and Shred Vernon, Woodson by 14.

Wakefield v. Marshall, thank goodness for Teams like Wakefield, Edison, Jefferson, Fairfax, or we would be trashing the likes of Marshall, lee, Falls Church, Mclean even more than necessary, Marshall looks like state Champs if only for 1 - night, Marshall by 21.

Yorktown v. Hayfield, the Hawks are flying High, so high you might want to check the water..Hawks by 28.

Posted by: Centreville ()
Date: October 20, 2016 06:14PM

Is Centreville are the best area for football in the region? Two powerhouse teams in that area. Like 5 of the last 12 state championships good. What other cities come to mind?

Posted by: Steve K ()
Date: October 21, 2016 01:02AM

Annandale @ South County (-31.0)
Briar Woods (-13.0) @ Chantilly
Broad Run (-7.0) @ Oakton
Centreville (-1.0) @ Westfield
Edison @ Falls Church (-25.0)
Fairfax @ Madison (-28.0)
Herndon @ Robinson (-30.0)
Jefferson @ Lee (-30.0)
Lake Braddock (-14.0) @ West Springfield
McLean @ Washington Lee (-20.0)
South Lakes (-16.0) @ Langley
Stuart @ Potomac Falls (-34.0)
TC Williams @ West Potomac (-15.0)
Tuscarora @ Stone Bridge (-7.0)
Woodson (-6.0) @ Mount Vernon
Wakefield @ Marshall (-1.0)
Yorktown @ Hayfield (-22.0)

Posted by: VhtWv ()
Date: October 21, 2016 10:38AM

Centreville Wrote:
> Is Centreville are the best area for football in
> the region? Two powerhouse teams in that area.
> Like 5 of the last 12 state championships good.
> What other cities come to mind?

Centreville area does not get that much credit because ironically their two schools have a physical address of Clifton (Centreville HS) and Chantilly (Westfield HS). But obviously the vast majority of students at both schools are really Centreville kids.

Posted by: Northern Region Fan ()
Date: October 21, 2016 05:00PM

Thank you for the lines, really enjoy you doing these. Now I'll take a crack:

Steve K Wrote:
> Annandale @ South County (-31.0)

South County is too much for Annandale. SC wins and covers.

> Briar Woods (-13.0) @ Chantilly

Chantilly is down this year. How do you explain being tied with McLean(!) at halftime. Briar Woods wins and covers.

> Broad Run (-7.0) @ Oakton

I'll take Broad Run here.

> Centreville (-1.0) @ Westfield

I believe that Westfield is the better team. I'll take them here, straight up (And if I can get a point, that's all the better).

> Edison @ Falls Church (-25.0)

No idea who wins here. I'll take Falls Church to win, but not cover.

> Fairfax @ Madison (-28.0)

I was hoping for much more from Fairfax this season, but last week's showing against WL convinces me that they are as bad as they seem. Hopefully, the new coach will turn it around next year, but it's not happening this year. I don't think this line is enough. I'll take Madison to win and cover.

> Herndon @ Robinson (-30.0)

Robinson will clearly win this game, but with a one dimensional offense, I'm not sure it will be a big score. Robo wins, but doesn't cover.

> Jefferson @ Lee (-30.0)

I'll take a pass on this one.

> Lake Braddock (-14.0) @ West Springfield

West Springfield is having a season they'd like to forget. LB wins and covers.

> McLean @ Washington Lee (-20.0)

If W-L can beat Fairfax by over 40 points, they can easily do the same to McLean. Not enough of a spread here. WL wins and covers.

> South Lakes (-16.0) @ Langley

Not enough of a spread here, either. South Lakes likes to run up the score against weaker teams. They'll do the same here. South Lakes wins and covers.

> Stuart @ Potomac Falls (-34.0)

Potomac Falls wins and covers.

> TC Williams @ West Potomac (-15.0)

West Potomac Wins and covers.

> Tuscarora @ Stone Bridge (-7.0)

Stone Bridge wins and covers.

> Woodson (-6.0) @ Mount Vernon

This one is hard. Mt. Vernon has come back to earth, but I think Woodson has as well. Since Mt. Vernon is a home underdog, I'll take Mt. Vernon and the points.

> Wakefield @ Marshall (-1.0)

Marshall wins and therefore covers.

> Yorktown @ Hayfield (-22.0)

Hayfield wins and covers.

Posted by: dont forget a push ()
Date: October 21, 2016 06:09PM

Northern Region Fan,
Just to address your statement- "Marshall wins and therefore covers"
Marshall, according to the aforementioned line, is favored by one point. So, they could win and NOT cover, if they win by just one. That would be a tie, or in gambling parlance, a "push".
"Marshall wins and therefore covers" implies that just by winning, Marshall automatically covers.
Not meaning to come across as a jerk, just wanted to respectfully point that out.

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: October 21, 2016 08:09PM

Halftime. Wf 14. Cv 0. Haddock being out coached. Def coordinator for cville is horrible with that zone coverage. Cville of have two scores but one pass under thrown for an interception and another near halftime the rb made a bad adjustment on the ball.

Date: October 21, 2016 08:49PM

Back up qb in for cville.

Date: October 21, 2016 08:55PM

Westfield up 28-0. Cville can't stop the passing attack. Wf dominating game.

Posted by: WF fan ()
Date: October 21, 2016 09:28PM

As I've told everybody over and over again Westfield is God's favorite we will always be the best it's in our blood God loves us and all the people too

Posted by: Bulldog Dominancwe ()
Date: October 21, 2016 09:58PM

Do have to face facts - Westfield is the best

Posted by: Wuck Festfield ()
Date: October 21, 2016 10:05PM

Nothing like letting the dixie cuppers still play. Something rotten in that program. And before you get all uppity I am not from Centreville.

Posted by: Well... ()
Date: October 21, 2016 10:07PM

Well, if there's any reason why I'm frustrated with CVille's crushing defeat is the damn trolls.

Anyways, I saw the Hay and York game, 42-13. Half was 14-13, quite honestly, Hayfield had like at least two penalties on every drive in the first half and a plethora of mistakes. Despite the score, SL will not tolerate and will capitalize on those mishaps. Albeit, Hayfield has every oppurtunty to win if they stay disciplined. Same can be said for SL minus penalties.

Posted by: Daniel Carver ()
Date: October 21, 2016 10:08PM

Saw Centreville get exposed and the true cry babies on the team started fighting amongst themselves...again Centreville is a joke!!best of luck and stay healthy to all these kids

Posted by: Westfield rulez ()
Date: October 21, 2016 10:14PM

Westfield is the best in the west and the east, baby!

Date: October 21, 2016 10:16PM

The whole region is a joke this year.

Posted by: how dare you ()
Date: October 21, 2016 10:24PM

How dare you question the supremacy of Westfield?

Posted by: in other action ()
Date: October 21, 2016 10:28PM

Hayfield struggled early and only led 14-13 at halftime. Having seen South County last week, hard to imagine how the Hawks kept pace with them.

Also, TC beating West Potomac is a stunner. Would love to know what happened there.

Posted by: The Guy ()
Date: October 21, 2016 10:44PM

in other action Wrote:
> Hayfield struggled early and only led 14-13 at
> halftime. Having seen South County last week, hard
> to imagine how the Hawks kept pace with them.
>
> Also, TC beating West Potomac is a stunner. Would
> love to know what happened there.

As one said, a crap ton of penalties from the Oline especially getting at least two calls on every drive the first half. I know people don't really care about injuries for a team like Hayfield, but I noticed that both of their starting guards are out. Anyways, in most games Hay adapts over the course. Against WL they were down 13-0 in the first quarter to defeat them 54-26. Who knows, but just reading that TC>West Po and that Westfield just curb stomped CVille changes up the game EVERYWHERE. Easily one of my favorite seasons so far in terms of being surprised.

Posted by: Idss ()
Date: October 21, 2016 10:49PM

What happen with Centerville?

Posted by: Bulldog Fan ()
Date: October 21, 2016 10:50PM

Centreville, what happened to them- they met the mighty Bulldogs that is what happened to them

Posted by: Cougar Town ()
Date: October 21, 2016 10:55PM

Tired of the self righteousness of the Westfield fans on this site. You reap what you sow assholes.

Date: October 21, 2016 10:58PM

Idss Wrote:
> What happen with Centerville?

I don't know because the team I saw play earlier in the season did not show up for this game. When anything did not go their way that team simply rolled over and died. No one stepped up and made a play the entire game. No fight. No punchback. Nothing. Very surprising.

Posted by: Cougar Flop ()
Date: October 21, 2016 11:51PM

At least the self righteous bulldog fans don't get banned from their own side lines Cougar Fool!

Posted by: puh-leease ()
Date: October 22, 2016 12:06AM

Gullible people. Anyone with a brain can tell that so-called Westfield fan is not a real Westfield fan. He's a classic strawman sockpuppet. Look it up.

Posted by: Oakton? Chantilly? Centreville? ()
Date: October 22, 2016 01:12AM

Where were these three teams tonight? None showed up. Same with West Potomac. Just discouraging. Real bad. Rolled over and took it.

Date: October 22, 2016 01:19AM

Westfield is finally getting healthy (not 100% yet) and boy did they look scary tonight. Westfield should just throw the ball all the time. Having 2 6-4 receivers with elite high school speed and a QB with an arm like Johnson, running the ball as much as they did in the prior weeks was just unacceptable. They took more deep shots and they were successful. Talent was never an issue and you definitely can't blame things on a coach like Simmons, all that held this team back was injuries and now they seem set. Westfield has the talent to beat anyone but it's a matter of which team shows up when. For those of you that weren't in attendance, the score could've been a lot lot worse. If it weren't senior night and if Simmons didn't have class this might've been a 50+ point win.

Posted by: Hey Westfield Fan ()
Date: October 22, 2016 01:54AM

You gave up over 500 yards rushing to Stone Bridge in ONE game. Please just shut the f*** up.

Posted by: WTF Fan ()
Date: October 22, 2016 03:28AM

Hey WF Fan - do you wipe Simmons' ass AND caress his dick each night. You should show much less love and respect to coach that looks other way when core of this years team built by the Dixie Cuppers. Something awful going on in WF program ultimately they will reap what they sow......

Posted by: CV FAN ()
Date: October 22, 2016 08:35AM

How in the hell did shitty ass Robinson almost beat Westfield? Did Westfield turn the ball over a bunch or get some bad breaks? I thought we were going to win out for sure. Now it appears we may lose another one.

Posted by: Westfield Fan ()
Date: October 22, 2016 08:40AM

CV FAN Wrote:
> How in the hell did shitty ass Robinson almost
> beat Westfield? Did Westfield turn the ball over
> a bunch or get some bad breaks? I thought we were
> going to win out for sure. Now it appears we may
> lose another one.

Any given night. The difference between Westfield and Centreville definetly isn't 35 points, Cville just had a bad game, and same could be said about Westfield last week. I don't know about Centreville but Westfield has been banged up almost all season.

Posted by: WTF WTF Fan ()
Date: October 22, 2016 09:43AM

Simmons prefers to caress his own Dick, with his right hand and the 3 shiny ass state Championship Rings he wears on it...you whiny little Bitch.

Date: October 22, 2016 10:06AM

Yes agreed Simmons is the best coach of all time made perfect for us here at Westfield because he is able to focus on winning and let the other distractions go by the way side including whether kids should be thrown off the team or not. It is all about winning.

Posted by: frequent observer of rot ()
Date: October 22, 2016 10:18AM

Yep there HAS been a lot of internal hi jinks at Westfield. Program needs to be cleaned up from the inside to ultimately justify the results on the outside.

Posted by: FdUhx ()
Date: October 22, 2016 10:58AM

> CV FAN Wrote:
> How in the hell did shitty ass Robinson almost beat Westfield? Did Westfield turn the ball over a bunch or get some bad breaks? I thought we were going to win out for sure. Now it appears we may lose another one.

Robinson is not a bad team but the lack of a passing game hurts them just like it does every year. WF was missing two key defenders last week and with Robo's strength being the running game where they put lots of guys in front of the ball carrier, that does cause WF some problems (see Stone Bridge). Last night WF had both Petrillo and Free back, and also used Cockrill on the D Line at times. Against a team with a normal running style the WF defense is very hard to beat.

> > Westfield Fan Wrote:
> Any given night. The difference between Westfield
> and Centreville definetly isn't 35 points, Cville
> just had a bad game, and same could be said about
> Westfield last week. I don't know about
> Centreville but Westfield has been banged up
> almost all season.

Hard to argue this point, as the 35 point difference did surprise me. But that is attributed to 4 prominent things: the return of Petrillo and Free, the O-line was pushing the CV D line off the LOS consistently, the fact that the CV pass coverage was very weak coupled with the WF passing game being on track for the first time all year, and CV's three turnovers. Siler actually fumbled twice more, on his 20 the first play of the game and inside his own 10 just prior to Free's INT. He was under pressure all game whereas Johnson was not-and it showed, affecting both teams' offenses significantly but in opposite ways.

Posted by: Frequently having your head up ()
Date: October 22, 2016 11:00AM

Whiny little bitches getting beat by mediocre football teams with above average coaching...must be a fix...how about you get your whiny little Sons to man up like Stone Bridge and kick the shit out of an average Football team...ask your wife for your Balls back sissy Boy...and you know...your "Sons" can now play girls sports..if they can hang!

Posted by: Anyone sane here? ()
Date: October 22, 2016 01:33PM

Do you know what is nice? Guys like Steve K, Northern region fan, Frequent watcher of football, et al putting in their opinion, their take on things, without cursing, calling names, and in general acting the fool. Sure would be nice to lose to imbeciles on here, wouldn't it?

Last night.....

Annandale @ South County (-31.0) SC by 41
Briar Woods (-13.0) @ Chantilly BW by 39 (!)
Broad Run (-7.0) @ Oakton BR by 28
Centreville (-1.0) @ Westfield (Wildcats must have forgotten they had a game!
Edison @ Falls Church (-25.0) FC by 49
Fairfax @ Madison (-28.0) Madison by 60
Herndon @ Robinson (-30.0) Robinson by 50
Jefferson @ Lee (-30.0) Lee by 29
Lake Braddock (-14.0) @ West Springfield LB by 27
McLean @ Washington Lee (-20.0) W/L by 36
South Lakes (-16.0) @ Langley SL by 28
Stuart @ Potomac Falls (-34.0) PF by 43
TC Williams @ West Potomac (-15.0) (see above - C-Ville for West Po!)
Tuscarora @ Stone Bridge (-7.0) SB by 37 !!!
Woodson (-6.0) @ Mount Vernon Mount Vernon down at 1/2 - comes back!
Wakefield @ Marshall (-1.0) Marshall by 32
Yorktown @ Hayfield (-22.0) Hayfield by 29

Some observations....

All of Arlington is horrible.
Loudoun is still very strong.
Fairfax has 5 or 6 teams that can win the region.

Woodgrove, in Purcellville, is only local team with a chance at a state title this year. Hate to say it, as I am a big fan of this area and don't like Richmond or 757, but I just don't see a 5A or 6A state champions coming from anyplace north of Lorton this year.

Posted by: in other action ()
Date: October 22, 2016 01:53PM

The Guy Wrote:
> in other action Wrote:
> -----
> > Hayfield struggled early and only led 14-13 at
> > halftime. Having seen South County last week,
> hard
> > to imagine how the Hawks kept pace with them.
> >
> > Also, TC beating West Potomac is a stunner.
> Would
> > love to know what happened there.
>
> As one said, a crap ton of penalties from the
> Oline especially getting at least two calls on
> every drive the first half. I know people don't
> really care about injuries for a team like
> Hayfield, but I noticed that both of their
> starting guards are out. Anyways, in most games
> Hay adapts over the course. Against WL they were
> down 13-0 in the first quarter to defeat them
> 54-26. Who knows, but just reading that TC>West Po
> and that Westfield just curb stomped CVille
> changes up the game EVERYWHERE. Easily one of my
> favorite seasons so far in terms of being
> surprised.

Didn't know that about Hayfield's guards. The refereeing was atrocious, too many flags for crap that had zero effect on the play.

That said, Yorktown sustained multiple drives and even had a TD of their own called back, so it's not like only Hayfield had bad breaks. The Patriots did a good job stopping the run in the first half, neutralizing Cobbs and forcing other guys to beat them.

Keeney is impressive as hell though. I didn't realize he was such a threat on the ground.

Posted by: Watcher of the Wall ()
Date: October 22, 2016 03:51PM

Let me just say this about Hayfield... There is no excuse anywhere on God's green earth for a team that considers itself a contender to be involved in anything close to a contest with Yorktown. I don't care if 1/2 the team is out.
Leads me to believe that Hayfield is a pretender and will drop the upcoming games against anyone with a truly good squad.

Posted by: Where is Cougar fan? ()
Date: October 22, 2016 03:54PM

How could a 6A school be so void of talent and athleticism? That team stinks, and their alleged Division One duo on the line are counterfeit. I don't know if you can even blame coaching. They just don't have the athletes to compete against anyone with a pulse.

Well, except Robinson! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Posted by: Watching the wall watcher ()
Date: October 22, 2016 04:37PM

Watcher of the Wall Wrote:
> Let me just say this about Hayfield... There is no
> excuse anywhere on God's green earth for a team
> that considers itself a contender to be involved
> in anything close to a contest with Yorktown. I
> don't care if 1/2 the team is out.
> Leads me to believe that Hayfield is a pretender
> and will drop the upcoming games against anyone
> with a truly good squad.

They look like adapters which isn't bad. In almost all of their games, they slowly progress into dominance. I've seen a lot of their film and it's thruthful. The problem is, is that against better teams that start out at a high level of play can easily be caught down with huge leads that they can only hope to close. I mean, the last worthy game they had was against SoCo and they lost by a footstep.

Anyways, it's quite rash to say "oh, well injuries shouldn't matter" is BS. Any other team that this website sucks off of would subtely imply that an injury may not have caused a loss, but can certainly complicate things. And then again, you can't just throw out the idea that they adjust with a lot efficiency. Maybe the Hawk triumvirate of Liberty is destined for SL, but I would not cut Hay short, and in the playoffs I wouldn't cut Mad short either.

Posted by: watching the watcher of the wall ()
Date: October 22, 2016 04:55PM

Well, it is true that they got lucky and Briar Woods, and Briar is almost at .500!

Posted by: Interesting posts from 12/15 ()
Date: October 22, 2016 05:13PM

Date: December 14, 2015 08:49AM

Where is all this "oakton is one of the top coaching jobs" and "maybe they could save Liberty by joining" coming from? Oakton lost a ton of it's talent base when Fox Mill got redistricted to SL. They are only as competitive as they are as a middling concorde team because they currently have a very good coach.

I was at the SL/Oakton playoff game sitting on the oakton side since there were more seats available there. Talk about a bunch of entitled bitches, parents, players gesturing for a flag after every play and of course the posts to the'15 football thread predicting regional dominance and/or a crushing victory over SL. Face it Oakton, you're heading in the direction of Herndon and that slide will only accelerate if Rowley steps down.

Posted by: Interesting Posts from 12/15 II ()
Date: October 22, 2016 05:14PM

Date: December 14, 2015 08:49AM

Where is all this "oakton is one of the top coaching jobs" and "maybe they could save Liberty by joining" coming from? Oakton lost a ton of it's talent base when Fox Mill got redistricted to SL. They are only as competitive as they are as a middling concorde team because they currently have a very good coach.

I was at the SL/Oakton playoff game sitting on the oakton side since there were more seats available there. Talk about a bunch of entitled bitches, parents, players gesturing for a flag after every play and of course the posts to the'15 football thread predicting regional dominance and/or a crushing victory over SL. Face it Oakton, you're heading in the direction of Herndon and that slide will only accelerate if Rowley steps down.

Posted by: Pretty Good insight? ()
Date: October 22, 2016 05:18PM

Westfield- Returns lots of talent and will prob be
> the best team in Concorde again. Don't be
> surprised to see them go to states again.
>
> C'Ville- Will be much improved from last season's
> disappointment, big year for Hackett seeing if he
> can get his program back at their state title
> levels.
>
> Robinson- Can't say I know much about their
> program but they pretty muck are always a tough
> team so I'll rank them 3rd.
>
> Oakton- Loses quite a bit on defense, but returns
> a healthy number of offensive players. Look for
> another 5-5, 6-4 season.
>
> Tilly- That offense will take a big step back w/o
> QB Tamarro and all around stud Sparks. Appears
> that the Chargers are in for a tough season.
>
> Herndon- They'll still blow.

Thanks for posting this. You've inspired me to do the same for Liberty. Here's my way to early predictions for 2016

1. Madison -- They are losing a good bit on their line, but judging by their lower level programs, it looks like they have a lot that can replace them. I think they are still the team to beat.

2. South Lakes -- This team is moving in the right direction. Going in to this season, I thought they were a year away, so that 2016 would be their year. I'm standing by that for this season.

3. Langley -- Places #3, #4, and #5 in Liberty are almost interchangeable, but I'll go with Langley #3. I don't think Langley was as bad in 2015 as their 2015 record indicates. I look for them to bounce back in 2016

4. Hayfield --Figures to take a step back with the loss of their QB and RB

5. Fairfax -- Their 1-9 record for 2015 has to be considered an aberration. They tend to have more depth than most Liberty teams, but the big question mark is how they'll adjust to the new coach. They should be better on offense in 2016 than 2015, but defense is a question mark. There is a lot of talent in the class of 2018 there, so they may be one year away from being a real contender.

6. Yorktown -- I see depth as an issue for them. Although W-L beat them this year, their lower level programs beat W-L, so I think they will edge W-L for sixth place.

7. Washington - Lee -- W-L definitely overachieved this year, and credit to their coaching staff that made the adjustments to allow them turn around a 1-4 start. They are losing a lot, and their lower level programs weren't very successful in 2015.

8. McLean -- Depth is a real issue here (I think they had to cancel the last game of their JV season due to lack of participation). They were 1-9, but unlike Fairfax, a 1-9 record isn't an aberration. I can't see the new Fairfax coaching staff gift-wrapping a win for them like this year's staff did, so unless someone else steps up to the plate, 0-10 is a possibility.

Date: October 22, 2016 08:31PM

What a weird year for NOVA football. How would you rank these teams based on perceived strength? Who am I missing?

Potomac Falls (7-1) has wins versus Broad Run and Briar Woods + has a loss to Tuscarora.
Tuscarora (5-4) has a win against Centreville but a loss to Oakton.
Oakton (2-6) has a win against Robinson (and Tuscarora).
Robinson (4-4) has no big wins but lost to Westfield on the last play of the game.
Centreville (6-2) has wins against Lake Braddock and Broad Run but a close loss to Tuscarora and a big loss to Westfield.
Lake Braddock (7-1) has many lopsided victories but an OT win against West Potomac and a close loss to Centreville.
Broad Run (6-2) defeated Stone Bridge but lost to Centreville and Potomac Falls.
Westfield (6-2) has wins against South County and Centreville but an OT loss to Briar Woods and a big loss to Stone Bridge.
South County (7-1) has close wins against Briar Woods and Hayfield and a close loss to Westfield.
Stone Bridge (6-2) has big wins against Westfield and Tuscarora but close losses to Madison and Broad Run.
West Potomac (6-2) has a win against Briar Woods but close losses to Lake Braddock and TC Williams.
Madison (7-1) has wins versus Stone Bridge and Oakton plus a close loss to South Lakes.
Hayfield (7-1) has a win against Tuscarora and a close loss to South County.
TC Williams (5-4) has wins against Oakton and West Potomac and a close loss to Westfield - but big losses to Stone Bridge, South County and Lake Braddock.
South Lakes (8-0) has a close wins versus Briar Woods and Madison and remains undefeated.
From Prince William County Battlefield (6-2) has a close win against Hylton but lost to Riverbend and North Stafford.

Date: October 22, 2016 08:40PM

frequentwatcheroffootball Wrote:
> Who am I missing?

Oh yeah, Briar Woods (4-5) a win against Tuscarora + an OT win versus Westfield and close losses to South County, South Lakes, West Potomac.

Posted by: Cj McMuffin ()
Date: October 22, 2016 08:58PM

Hahaha...not a Westfield guy but I love that they rolled Centreville like they did. Shut some junior level shit talkers up pretty quick.

Posted by: Powerpoints? ()
Date: October 22, 2016 10:02PM

Who knows the current PowerPoint rankings?

Date: October 22, 2016 10:39PM

South County (256) 32.00
South Lakes (254) 31.75
Lake Braddock (250) 31.25
Westfield (248) 31.00
Madison (234) 29.25
Centreville (233) 29.13
Hayfield (231) 28.88
West Potomac (221) 27.63
----
Battlefield (220) 27.50
T.C. Williams (214) 26.75
Mount Vernon (212) 26.50
Patriot (208) 26.00
Robinson (199) 24.88
Annandale (195) 24.38
W.T. Woodson (191) 23.88
Washington-Lee (190) 23.75
================
Chantilly (189) 23.63
Oakton (187) 23.38
Yorktown (183) 22.88
Langley (169) 21.13
West Springfield (169) 21.13
Stonewall Jackson (186) 20.67
Herndon (161) 20.13
Osbourn (180) 20.00
McLean (151) 18.88
Osbourn Park (145) 18.13
Fairfax (144) 18.00

Date: October 22, 2016 10:42PM

Brooke Point (262) 32.75
Potomac Falls (247) 30.88
Massaponax (244) 30.50
Stone Bridge (241) 30.13
Albemarle (232) 29.00
North Stafford (224) 28.00
Broad Run (223) 27.88
Patrick Henry (Ash) (217) 27.13
----
Patrick Henry (Roa) (215) 26.88
Briar Woods (236) 26.22
Tuscarora (231) 25.67
Orange (204) 25.50
Falls Church (199) 24.88
Atlee (184) 23.00
Stafford (182) 22.75
Lee (178) 22.25
================
Potomac (178) 22.25
Stuart (174) 21.75
Marshall (173) 21.63
Mountain View (169) 21.13
Halifax County (174) 19.33
Wakefield (147) 18.38
Edison (144) 18.00
Thomas Jefferson (75) 15.00

These unofficial from poster on VirginiaPreps.

Posted by: YvjtJ ()
Date: October 23, 2016 08:39AM

Enough.... Wrote:
> List of local teams that could beat Westfield this
> year:
>
> Stone Bridge
> Briar Woods
> Broad Run
> Centreville
> Lake Braddock
> South Lakes
> Madison
> Woodbridge
> Potomac Falls
> Tuscarora
>

How'd that Centreville pick work out for you. Their lame asses didn't score a single point....NOT A POINT. Not only was it a shut out, it wasn't even close.

Pages: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.