HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Are you old enough to remember back when there were still sections of Beulah that were dirt roads and still not paved yet?
Posted by: Overnight Shifter. ()
Date: November 24, 2015 03:46AM

Was that as recently as the 1990s or was it back in the 1980s?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are you old enough to remember back when there were still sections of Beulah that were dirt roads and still not paved yet?
Posted by: ittn' ()
Date: November 24, 2015 04:55AM

I remember back in the day when I banged your Mom on old Beulah gravel road...Is that you son?

Re: Are you old enough to remember back when there were still sections of Beulah that were dirt roads and still not paved yet?
Posted by: Overnight Shifter. ()
Date: November 24, 2015 05:08AM

ittn' Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember back in the day when I banged your Mom
> on old Beulah gravel road...Is that you son?

Dad.

The chain I work for wants to promote me to a GM but that means I will have to work the day shift and I am not sure I want to do that.

Sure I will get paid more but it is a lot more stress.

Posted by: I miss those days ()
Date: November 24, 2015 08:38AM

I started driving Beulah in '86 and I don't remember parts of it being dirt.

It was considered the boon docks, in fact me and my high school buddies used to go sit at the 7-11 there and ask for people to buy beer for us, because of the 'large' amount of good 'ol boys on Beulah

Posted by: frank Conia ()
Date: November 24, 2015 08:53AM

I remember a girl riding her horse in front of Edison High school, late 80's.

Posted by: Long ago it must be ()
Date: November 24, 2015 09:59AM

Yes, I remember unpaved stretches as of the late 70s, but it was hardly anything surprising back then. Civilization more or less ended at the Beltway at the time. Anything was possible out in the backwater sticks and boonies.

Posted by: OldTimerHere ()
Date: November 24, 2015 10:27AM

Not only Beulah but Lawyers too. And Meadow Lark gardens was a farm where we would drive back into the fields and have parties and skinny dip in the ponds. Ahh the good old days. This would have been the early to mid 70s.

Posted by: which one ()
Date: November 24, 2015 10:54AM

Beulah in Vienna or near Belvoir and Kingstowne?

Could be both, especially considering Kingstowne didn't get really going until a little while ago...

Posted by: The Rise and Fall of the Pits ()
Date: November 24, 2015 11:32AM

They started developing the gravel pits east of Beulah in the early eighties. Kingstowne, the Parkway and Carpetbagger housing was built on a vast wasteland that was once used to quarry rock for Washington.
For years afterwards, the pits were used for the disposal of bodies, toxic waste and whatever else shouldn't be found.
Still the pits tho.

Posted by: YCYTe ()
Date: November 24, 2015 01:25PM

Long ago it must be Wrote:
> Yes, I remember unpaved stretches as of the late
> 70s, but it was hardly anything surprising back
> then. Civilization more or less ended at the
> Beltway at the time. Anything was possible out in
> the backwater sticks and boonies.

Ain't that the truth. The boondocks, as we called it. Oh where did all the good places go? Always looking for a place to swim and party on the hot summer nights. Gone to townhouses, apartments and housing developments. What do the young people do now-a-days?

Posted by: near Belvoir and Kingstowne ()
Date: November 24, 2015 01:46PM

which one Wrote:
> Beulah in Vienna or near Belvoir and Kingstowne?
>
> Could be both, especially considering Kingstowne
> didn't get really going until a little while
> ago...

near Belvoir and Kingstowne

Posted by: Texting ()
Date: November 24, 2015 01:48PM

YCYTe Wrote:
> Long ago it must be Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes, I remember unpaved stretches as of the
> late
> > 70s, but it was hardly anything surprising back
> > then. Civilization more or less ended at the
> > Beltway at the time. Anything was possible out
> in
> > the backwater sticks and boonies.
>
>What do the young people do
>now-a-days?

Basically they just text each other all day.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.