HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPD: Need help in Identifying the Identity of Attempted Commercial Robbery in Annandale
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: November 23, 2015 05:21PM

https://fcpdnews.wordpress.com/2015/11/23/attempted-commercial-robbery-in-annandale/

holly-rd-exxon-robbery-suspect-1.jpg?w=5holly-rd-exxon-robbery-suspect-2.jpg?w=5

Detectives are seeking the public’s assistance in locating a suspect who attempted to rob the Exxon Gas Station located at 3403 Holly Road on Sunday, November 22 shortly after 5 p.m. An employee of the gas station reported that he was standing outside the business. When he re-entered the business, a man followed behind him. Once inside, the man produced a handgun, threatened the victim and demanded money. During this time, a customer walked into the business, which apparently startled the would-be robber, causing him to flee without any money. There were no injuries. The suspect was described as a black male, 28-37 years old. He was between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet tall and weighed about 200 pounds. He was wearing a dark jacket, a dark hat and lighter colored pants.

Anyone with information about this crime is asked to contact Crime Solvers electronically by visiting www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text-a-tip by texting “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES(274637)** or by calling 1-866-411-TIPS(8477), or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPD: Need help in Identifying the Identity of Attempted Commercial Robbery in Annandale
Posted by: Cray cray pricing ()
Date: November 23, 2015 05:42PM

Nice to see someone rob that station that always has robbery like gas prices.

Re: FCPD: Need help in Identifying the Identity of Attempted Commercial Robbery in Annandale
Posted by: strunk ()
Date: November 23, 2015 07:18PM

Is it sufficient to identify the robber or do we actually need to identify the identity of attempted commercial robbery in Annandale?

Posted by: Joe Schmoe ()
Date: November 23, 2015 07:22PM

Cray cray pricing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice to see someone rob that station that always
> has robbery like gas prices.

Haha, true. I never get gas there.

Posted by: Springfieldian ()
Date: November 23, 2015 10:11PM

Did the police intentionally obscure the logo on the chest of the guy's jacket? It looks that way. Being able to see that clearly would probably increase the odds of someone identifying the perp!

Posted by: Tech Nerd ()
Date: November 23, 2015 10:34PM

No, those are interlace lines. The video capture first captures the odd numbered lines in the video frame, then the even numbered lines. That's why his image looks jagged on the edges too.

Someone with some more time than I and talent/photoshop could probably re-align the alternating lines of video to get a better view of the logo.

That's the "i" in 480i -- all TVs into the early 2000s were 480i TVs. DVD and VHS was 480i at first. Whereas most TVs are now 1080p. i for interlaced, p for progressive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlaced_video#Interlacing_problems

Posted by: Perp ID'd ()
Date: November 23, 2015 11:34PM

It's obama's son!

Posted by: Friendly Advice ()
Date: November 24, 2015 08:31AM

Any time you see a black in the suburbs, you should reach for your concealed handgun.

Posted by: Jenny M ()
Date: November 24, 2015 02:22PM

Makes sense why there were so many police cars in the area Sunday night as well as more helicopter traffic than usual. Hope they find the attempted robber.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.