HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: June 15, 2009 09:48AM

Pretty interesting little article. Sounds like traffic will get even worse.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1904187,00.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: 4Real ()
Date: June 15, 2009 11:08AM

Mofo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pretty interesting little article. Sounds like
> traffic will get even worse.
>
> http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,190
> 4187,00.html


and if you think Tysons is crowded now - wait until the metro gets hooked up - people from everywhere - mostly losers coming in from PG County and other crime infested hoods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: June 15, 2009 01:01PM

4Real Wrote:

> and if you think Tysons is crowded now - wait
> until the metro gets hooked up - people from
> everywhere - mostly losers coming in from PG
> County and other crime infested hoods


Just what the thread needs; a hearty dollup of racial profiling and fear-mongering.

Now carry on.

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: Furfur ()
Date: June 15, 2009 01:22PM

Sounds like they are going to turn Tyson's into some Pentagon/Crystal City setup.

They should have done this a long time ago, build up and underneath instead of expanding horizontally.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." - Anton Lavey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: June 15, 2009 01:58PM

Thats great. And we know what a happening place Crystal City (and Duke Street near the POT) is after dark.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: June 15, 2009 02:12PM

They need to bulldoze some of those shitty strip "malls" and car dealerships on 7.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: June 15, 2009 02:36PM

Lucky me... I start work in Tysons on the 29th.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: June 15, 2009 02:55PM

Genevieve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lucky me... I start work in Tysons on the 29th.


*shudder* My condolances.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being vague is almost as fun as that other thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: June 15, 2009 03:11PM

Genevieve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lucky me... I start work in Tysons on the 29th.


Ouch. I'm just speechless. I work in Tysons perhaps one day out of a month at my company's Tysons office. Living close to there I figured it'd be faster than the commute downtown. Yah right. Certain days it takes 45 minutes to go about 7 miles.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: Meeper Sheeper ()
Date: June 15, 2009 04:09PM

and if you think Tysons is crowded now - wait until the metro gets hooked up - people from everywhere - mostly losers coming in from PG County and other crime infested hoods.

Oh dear, that sounds racist!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: June 15, 2009 04:11PM

Tysons in December. Nice people, nice commute, a stress free environment. Enjoy you commute at 5:00 pm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: KFC ()
Date: June 15, 2009 04:13PM

4Real Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mofo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Pretty interesting little article. Sounds like
> > traffic will get even worse.
> >
> >
> http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,190
>
> > 4187,00.html
>
>
> and if you think Tysons is crowded now - wait
> until the metro gets hooked up - people from
> everywhere - mostly losers coming in from PG
> County and other crime infested hoods


you got that right. Look at the buses that arrive now. 3 huge women with
huge purses and 9 kids that run wild while mommy shoplifts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: June 15, 2009 04:54PM

ITRADE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Genevieve Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Lucky me... I start work in Tysons on the 29th.
>
>
> Ouch. I'm just speechless. I work in Tysons
> perhaps one day out of a month at my company's
> Tysons office. Living close to there I figured
> it'd be faster than the commute downtown. Yah
> right. Certain days it takes 45 minutes to go
> about 7 miles.

66 to the beltway is always murder. 123 or 50 usually isn't much better.

Cisco VPNs and Remote desktop however are Godsends. I love commuting from my bed to the computer when I don't have to be in the office.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: June 15, 2009 11:32PM

Mofo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Cisco VPNs and Remote desktop however are
> Godsends. I love commuting from my bed to the
> computer when I don't have to be in the office.

Currently I work from home Monday/Wednesday and have an easy 20 minute drive the rest of the week. I have a feeling that it will take me some time to adjust.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 15, 2009 11:34PM

It took my friend an hour to get from Mclean to the beginning of Vienna on 123 today at like around 3:30pm...wtf?

edit by Cary: Account password compromised, disabled by administrator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: June 15, 2009 11:44PM

inkahootz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
insert signature here

Seriously, keep this shit out of the general forum. We have no interest in your feud with Bob.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: spunky ()
Date: June 16, 2009 02:41AM

All those dealerships on 7 are going away except the first one you come to, a Ford dealership...how's that warhawk?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: June 16, 2009 05:51AM

spunky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All those dealerships on 7 are going away except
> the first one you come to, a Ford
> dealership...how's that warhawk?


Good. Route 7 looks like Route 28 in Manassas meaning it looks like ass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time article on Tyson's corner urban sprawl
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 16, 2009 08:55AM

spunky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All those dealerships on 7 are going away except
> the first one you come to, a Ford
> dealership...how's that warhawk?


Actually, I think the Koon's one will be gone as well. One of the larger sections of the new plan for Tyson's (called Tyson's 7) will be there between 123 and Gosnell along route 7.

edit by Cary: Account password compromised, disabled by administrator.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **   ******   ********        **  **    ** 
  **   **   **    **     **           **  **   **  
   ** **    **           **           **  **  **   
    ***     **           **           **  *****    
   ** **    **           **     **    **  **  **   
  **   **   **    **     **     **    **  **   **  
 **     **   ******      **      ******   **    ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.