HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Therapeutic Recreation Internship
Posted by: Stephen H ()
Date: October 08, 2015 11:21PM

Hey everyone, my girlfriend is an internship away from graduating from Radford University With a major in Recreation Therapy. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a place(s) that offers a paid internship. If you could email me the contact info of the person or organization I would appreciate it! There is not much online and what is on the net many people have applied too. Ultimately she wants to work with children with disabilities.(its hard to get in without connections) Working with elderly is also an option. Any help is much appreciated. She is not from the area so I am doing some recon for her while she is finishing up her current semester. Thanks for the help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Therapeutic Recreation Internship
Posted by: Ted Kennedy ()
Date: October 09, 2015 02:22AM

Post pictures of her, preferably nude, so we can determine her qualifications. Glad to help.

Posted by: evergreen1122 ()
Date: October 09, 2015 06:45AM

Fairfax County has a large and impressive adapted aquatics program at Oak Marr and Providence and other rec centers. People with diabilities, stroke victims, people with TBI go there on Sunday mornings and volunteers work with them in the pools on joint mobility, movement, etc.

I did it years ago and it was a half page application, a session of training, another session of supervised work, and then you were with clients. You'd work a couple hours Sunday morning and then you could use the facility for free all week long. Nice perk!

I thought about getting back into it a few years ago and they had a four page application and wanted to do a background check and then you had to commit to all this training and a rigid volunteer schedule. It was just way too intense for me, but if she's looking for a resume builder it's a good place to start.

Posted by: RealTcheck ()
Date: October 09, 2015 09:30AM

Not to burst your bubble but "paid" internships are very rare. Sounds like your friend is really lazy if she can't find time to research this on her own. On the other hand, if your friend is really hot and has excellent dick sucking ability's anything is possible!

Posted by: Stephen H ()
Date: October 12, 2015 10:29PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2015 10:30PM by Stephen H.

Posted by: Shawshank ()
Date: October 13, 2015 12:12AM

Stephen H Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey everyone, my girlfriend is an internship away
> from graduating from Radford University With a
> major in Recreation Therapy. I was wondering if
> anyone could point me in the direction of a
> place(s) that offers a paid internship. If you
> could email me the contact info of the person or
> organization I would appreciate it! There is not
> much online and what is on the net many people
> have applied too. Ultimately she wants to work
> with children with disabilities.(its hard to get
> in without connections) Working with elderly is
> also an option. Any help is much appreciated. She
> is not from the area so I am doing some recon for
> her while she is finishing up her current
> semester. Thanks for the help!

You are joking, right? The RCPT program at Radford has a great internship placement program if you put a little effort into the search. It may not be in your backyard, but expand your horizons a bit and there are opportunities out there.

Has she tried https://www.atra-online.com/? Good luck with finding a paid internship...that is uncommon unless she is getting an advanced degree.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.