HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Springfield Town Center 1 year later. Give them an honest grade based on your experiences there after 1 year of being reopened.
Posted by: Overnight Shifter. ()
Date: September 29, 2015 03:35AM

I give them a C.
Would have been an F except the movie theater moves them up 2 places in my opinion.
It's still way overpriced though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Springfield Town Center 1 year later. Give them an honest grade based on your experiences there after 1 year of being reopened.
Posted by: Math Teacher ()
Date: September 29, 2015 07:37AM

It gets a solid "F". Absolute failure. They obama'd this one.

Re: Springfield Town Center 1 year later. Give them an honest grade based on your experiences there after 1 year of being reopened.
Posted by: patron ()
Date: September 29, 2015 07:39AM

Who careS

Posted by: Get it Right ()
Date: September 29, 2015 09:14AM

Math Teacher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It gets a solid "F". Absolute failure. They
> obama'd this one.

I think you mean they George W. Bushe'd this one. To Obama something would mean it would be an A+.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: September 29, 2015 09:17AM

The movie theatre is very nice. I have no idea what else is really there, I went at night and I don't buy that mall shit anyway.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: bringbacktilt ()
Date: September 29, 2015 09:37AM

I will give my final grade when (if) Dave and busters ever opens.

I need an arcade and an orange julius to critique. Cinnabon ain't cutting it.

Posted by: sisepuede ()
Date: September 29, 2015 11:30AM

MS- 13 da el centro comercial una A + , porque hemos sido capaces de aumentar nuestra robos, secuestros de automóviles, violación, asaltos, tráfico de drogas, etc., porque el centro comercial ha atraído gringos más estúpidas en el último año.

Posted by: Still has a long way to go ()
Date: September 29, 2015 04:09PM

They still have a long way to go.

Posted by: heymack ()
Date: September 29, 2015 04:15PM

They basically put lipstick on a pig, nothing more. Based on the hype the one visit (and last visit) I made was very disappointing.

Posted by: KD9dV ()
Date: September 29, 2015 04:35PM

$5 on Vornado selling it in the next 2 years.

The mall is so empty, it's sad. I went there this AM.

Posted by: Lots of cars in the parking lot ()
Date: September 29, 2015 07:04PM

Lots of cars in the parking lot

The people park there and walk to the metro.

Posted by: 3ELYE ()
Date: September 29, 2015 08:42PM

heymack Wrote:
> They basically put lipstick on a pig, nothing
> more. Based on the hype the one visit (and last
> visit) I made was very disappointing.

You got that right. It's not that much different than before except that the finishes are newer and it has some new stores that haven't folded just yet.

Posted by: N4Kw7 ()
Date: September 29, 2015 09:48PM

sisepuede Wrote:
> MS- 13 da el centro comercial una A + , porque
> hemos sido capaces de aumentar nuestra robos,
> secuestros de automóviles, violación, asaltos,
> tráfico de drogas, etc., porque el centro
> comercial ha atraído gringos más estúpidas en
> el último año.

Ha. That entire area is just depressing. It makes me sad seeing how an area can be obliterated over a few years. The wandering hijabbed and pajama wearing middle easterners are teeming in Springfield.

Is there a mosque or something around there that attracts them to that area?

Posted by: B8 ()
Date: September 30, 2015 06:23AM

+1 (Went to dinner at one of the new restaurants on the periphery that opened. Lackluster and $$$. Won't be back to eat and I have no use for mall merchandise.)

heymack Wrote:
> They basically put lipstick on a pig, nothing
> more. Based on the hype the one visit (and last
> visit) I made was very disappointing.

Posted by: Correcting Corrector ()
Date: September 30, 2015 09:31AM

WingNut Wrote:
> The movie theatre is very nice. I have no idea
> what else is really there, I went at night and I
> don't buy that mall shit anyway.

It's not a mall, it's a Town Center™.

Posted by: heymack ()
Date: September 30, 2015 09:35AM

Its definitely a "mall".

Posted by: SunnyD ()
Date: September 30, 2015 12:29PM

Putting lipstick on a pig. Same goes for the shopping center across from George Mason University. They should have torn the whole thing down and start all over again.

Posted by: Sal Governale ()
Date: September 30, 2015 07:46PM

I work near the mall and have no desire or reason to go there at all. Had to go there for a "team" lunch one day for work and we went to The Yard House. Food was expensive and maybe mediocre at best, at least what I had. Music was loud enough that sitting at a table with 10 other people, you couldn't hear any of them. But I blame that more on my boss who scheduled it and made the reservations. He did it again 2 weeks later at another place, the new Irish place in Kingstown and the same deal but the food was a little better.

Posted by: Mall Rat ()
Date: September 30, 2015 08:16PM

I like the restaurants and they seem to be doing really good business. I've not spent that much time or money in the mall itself. Hope the overall project succeeds because the situation there would be even more depressing if it doesn't.

Date: September 30, 2015 08:18PM

I don't care if you have no sense of good shopping malls and want to compain all day, but this mall is pretty awesome. A+ for me. Who cares about that MS-13 stuff? Just horrendously fake.

Posted by: Springfield Shopper ()
Date: September 30, 2015 08:32PM

I am not qualified to grade Springfield Town Center, because I have never been there.

Posted by: Springfield dumbass ()
Date: October 01, 2015 12:56AM

Springfield Shopper Wrote:
> I am not qualified to grade Springfield Town
> Center, because I have never been there.

And you posted this because?? Thanks for sharing that you have not been there as we were all wondering! Stupid tool!

Posted by: Springfield dumbass ()
Date: October 01, 2015 01:02AM

Springfield dumbass Wrote:
> Springfield Shopper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I am not qualified to grade Springfield Town
> > Center, because I have never been there.
>
>
> And you posted this because?? Thanks for sharing
> that you have not been there as we were all
> wondering! Stupid tool!

I forgot to mention. We are all at the edge of our seats wondering if you do get by there eventually. Please keep us posted!

Posted by: heheh ()
Date: October 01, 2015 07:20AM

Springfield dumbass Wrote:
> Springfield dumbass Wrote:
> -----
> > Springfield Shopper Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I am not qualified to grade Springfield Town
> > > Center, because I have never been there.
> >
> >
> > And you posted this because?? Thanks for
> sharing
> > that you have not been there as we were all
> > wondering! Stupid tool!
>
>
> I forgot to mention. We are all at the edge of our
> seats wondering if you do get by there eventually.
> Please keep us posted!

People like that who have never been or who visited "1" time feel qualified to rate it. Restaurants are great starting with &pizza which is great pizza for a great price. I see people walking miles just for the pizza. They just added a new train ride for the kids!

Posted by: Yes..... ()
Date: October 01, 2015 08:01AM

N4Kw7 Wrote:
> sisepuede Wrote:
> -----
> > MS- 13 da el centro comercial una A + , porque
> > hemos sido capaces de aumentar nuestra robos,
> > secuestros de automóviles, violación,
> asaltos,
> > tráfico de drogas, etc., porque el centro
> > comercial ha atraído gringos más estúpidas
> en
> > el último año.
>
>
> Ha. That entire area is just depressing. It makes
> me sad seeing how an area can be obliterated over
> a few years. The wandering hijabbed and pajama
> wearing middle easterners are teeming in
> Springfield.
>
> Is there a mosque or something around there that
> attracts them to that area?

There is one right across Franconia road and commerce.

Posted by: Dicks sucks ()
Date: October 01, 2015 08:03AM

The Dicks there is the absolute worst. Nothing is in stock, seems like second hand shit, and their golf section shouldn't even bother.I think that whole area is banking on the FBI moving there. If they don't, that area is doomed.

Posted by: Get it Right ()
Date: October 01, 2015 10:32AM

my bad. I was sucking some Reggie love down and mistyped. It's an o'fuckup.

Posted by: 703-Lifer ()
Date: October 01, 2015 10:52AM

Overall, I give it a C. There have been some improvements but it's just perfume sprayed on dog crap.

The Good - I like the new full service restaurants. I've been a Maggiano's fan since they came to the DC market back in the late 90's and it's nice to have one much closer than Tyson's now. I also really like Chuy's Mexican. I challenge you to find better Mexican food at a lower price...besides Tippy's of course. The new theater is fresh and comfortable. We'll see if those fancy power reclining seats stand the test of time.

The Bad - There's lots of service work being done there. There's not a lot of goods being sold there.

The Ugly - Just an abysmal occupancy rate and an abysmal selection of merchants. Many of which I have never heard of before. There are no stores compelling me to go there. Earlier this summer Lids was running a sale. I bought 4 hats online and had them shipped to the store free of charge. I picked them up and all that was said during the transaction was, "I'm here to pick up an online order..." the associate asked for my name, I gave it to him, he handed me my merchandise and told me to have a nice day. In, out...no mess, no fuss.

Posted by: 7NDWN ()
Date: October 01, 2015 12:43PM

703-Lifer Wrote:
> Overall, I give it a C. There have been some
> improvements but it's just perfume sprayed on dog
> crap.
>
> The Good - I like the new full service
> restaurants. I've been a Maggiano's fan since they
> came to the DC market back in the late 90's and
> it's nice to have one much closer than Tyson's
> now. I also really like Chuy's Mexican. I
> challenge you to find better Mexican food at a
> lower price...besides Tippy's of course. The new
> theater is fresh and comfortable. We'll see if
> those fancy power reclining seats stand the test
> of time.

^ Agree. That's about all that's busy. The rest of the mall is dead. Was there last night and looking down the mall I could see about 5 other people and a couple of them were cleaning.

> The Ugly - Just an abysmal occupancy rate and an
> abysmal selection of merchants. Many of which I
> have never heard of before. There are no stores
> compelling me to go there. Earlier this summer
> Lids was running a sale. I bought 4 hats online
> and had them shipped to the store free of charge.
> I picked them up and all that was said during the
> transaction was, "I'm here to pick up an online
> order..." the associate asked for my name, I gave
> it to him, he handed me my merchandise and told me
> to have a nice day. In, out...no mess, no fuss.

Same. Had to go pick up some stuff at Target and Dicks that I ordered online. Bought nothing else. Left.

Posted by: PDHPC ()
Date: October 01, 2015 01:44PM

You want to see a pathetic dead mall, go to Manassas. Even the illegals have abandoned that place. I was there last weekend because I needed to return something to Sears, and on a rainy Saturday the place was virtually empty. And they are in the middle of a renovation!

Date: October 07, 2015 04:26PM

PDHPC Wrote:
> You want to see a pathetic dead mall, go to
> Manassas. Even the illegals have abandoned that
> place. I was there last weekend because I needed
> to return something to Sears, and on a rainy
> Saturday the place was virtually empty. And they
> are in the middle of a renovation!

What did you say about my lovely Manassas Mall?

Seriously. Just stop it. Manassas Mall is getting better, it was just empty because of the rain. It is not the best mall, but at the same time not "OMFG ILLEGALS EVERYWHERE MS-13 THIS IS A DEAD MALL IT IS ABHORRENT CLOSE IT DOWN RIGHT NOW AND BURN MANASSAS TO THE GROUND" quality.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.