HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is Movies at school kind of like snow days in reverse?
Posted by: Rod ()
Date: June 08, 2009 12:23AM

Should parents be upset that so much school time is wasted at the end of the school year? It makes one think we need year round school like the French are suposed to have. I remember when I went to school they would show any danm movie that happened to come in. Movies about India in biology.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Movies at school kind of like snow days in reverse?
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 08, 2009 12:28AM

yeah, fuck india.

stfu you fucking retard.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: yea ()
Date: June 08, 2009 07:51PM

Movies at the end of the year are the only things keeping kids from going to class, once it hits june, the mind turns off. Yearround school would be devastating but since I am done with everything but college, i guess it would be ok

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 08, 2009 08:01PM

"Is our children learning?"- GWBush

Posted by: Rod ()
Date: June 08, 2009 09:09PM

yea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Movies at the end of the year are the only things
> keeping kids from going to class, once it hits
> june, the mind turns off. Year round school would
> be devastating but since I am done with everything
> but college, i guess it would be ok

There you go that proves it! We can have those kids way up there academically, and have schools as good as the rest of the world. All we need is year round School and get rid of the dead beat teachers.

My daughter has a history teacher that doesn't know a thing about history. All she dose is show movies and hand out questionnaires. She says kids are asking her questions about history just to see how she doesn''t answer them. This in "Pre IV." Well, she's through with her soon but what's a parent to do to get teachers out of the system? Can I go to the Parent group? The principal,the guidance the school board? Is there anyone that will help the parent wanting to improve the school system weed out incompetent teachers?

I had been willing for the sake of a perverse sense of propriety , and worry about retaliation, to let this teacher ruin my child's opportunity to learn about history but now worry about leaving her in the system to harm other students.

In general our students today know nothing about history and civics. this is unfortunate. What can we parents do to correct the system?

Posted by: LInda Lou ()
Date: June 13, 2009 11:51PM

Fx County teachers teach to the SOL. SOL testing is done mid to end May.
After that, the kids do NOTHING!...sometimes my kids get busy work...(make
a poster of the time era you would have liked to live in..crap)

I say, ...get rid of spring break and all the other teacher work days and end around Mem DAy.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.