HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Prince William Co. Vs. Fairfax Co. Vs. Stafford Co.
Posted by: PizzaIsLifee ()
Date: September 02, 2015 09:28PM

I'm relocating to another county in Virginia.... And the choices are prince william/stafford or fredericksburg/spotsylvania. Are the new homes (port potomac etc) of of route 1 in woodbridge safe? Is woodbridhe a good option for high school education??

And also how are the schools & crime in the stafford/fredericksburg region?

THANK YOU. And please no racism, i already heard about
How diverse prince william is and i dont wanna hear it below. So please, just respond to the school/crime problem

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Prince William Co. Vs. Fairfax Co. Vs. Stafford Co.
Posted by: prine william ()
Date: September 02, 2015 09:30PM

tafford is kinda of far away and Fairfax is always closedb and its a joke. They are still on summer break so Prince William schools are the best. My kids attend Garfield High School and Goodwin middle school they like it.

PizzaIsLifee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm relocating to another county in Virginia....
> And the choices are prince william/stafford or
> fredericksburg/spotsylvania. Are the new homes
> (port potomac etc) of of route 1 in woodbridge
> safe? Is woodbridhe a good option for high school
> education??
>
>
> And also how are the schools & crime in the
> stafford/fredericksburg region?
>
>
> THANK YOU. And please no racism, i already heard
> about
> How diverse prince william is and i dont wanna
> hear it below. So please, just respond to the
> school/crime problem

Posted by: Bayou67 ()
Date: September 02, 2015 10:48PM

I am interesed in following this thread. We have just reloacted to NOVA. The demographics are not that great; the school rankings dropped this year with US News and World Reports; and, I am not that impressed with housing. What are the options? I have read some very negative comments on this thread about other counties. But, in reality - they are looking better than expected.

Posted by: Not happening ()
Date: September 03, 2015 12:50AM

Bayou67 Wrote:
> I am interesed in following this thread. We have
> just reloacted to NOVA. The demographics are not
> that great; the school rankings dropped this year
> with US News and World Reports; and, I am not that
> impressed with housing. What are the options? I
> have read some very negative comments on this
> thread about other counties. But, in reality -
> they are looking better than expected.

You seriously need raise your troll game. No one with the mental competence to relocate here is dumb enough to come to this site and ask for their living options.

Posted by: lived in all 3 ()
Date: September 03, 2015 10:06AM

In my personal opinion having lived in all 3 areas:

Prince William > Stafford > Fairfax.

Why?

PWC has plenty of "City" areas so you can always find something to do with some culture. the schools are getting better with the "illegals" being pushed out. Whatever you find in Fairfax you can find the same in PWC. They have a beautiful park system as well, and nice summer camps for the kids, etc. Housing prices are a bit more reasonable than fairfax, but not by much. Taxes are probably a bit lower and gas is lower for sure. You get more for your tax money in better roads and schools and recreational areas. PWC is the perfect balance of city and country.

Stafford is a little more rural but has enough to do- the commute just sucks if you have to come this way and further in (arlington, DC) for work. Worth the tradeoff to get a larger, more modern house with a bigger backyard at a better price point, however. Worth it if you have a large family and want room for those big BBQ's. You will find your usual chain stores, but for a proper mall it is best to go further south to Fredericksberg (Central Park) or come to Ffx for tysons/springfield.

Fairfax is great for finding a high-paying job and a home relatively closer to work- but the "Sanctuary city" status is being a huge drag on the school system and the housing situation with lots of boarders. In my townhome community (an upper-middle class area), there were a LOT of people renting out rooms, it was next to impossible to get a visitors parking spot after 6 because all the "roommates" took those up and it was hard to find parking on the street as well due to all the construction white vans, large F-350 type pick up trucks, very old (talking 80's and 90's) banged up cars with dead tags and dead inspections and flat tires, and people leaving their boats and RVs parked forever even though it wasnt permitted Fairfax PD RARELY came by to ticket or tow anyone so they got away with it. It made the neighborhood look trashy when one drove thru. Not to mention the unruly kids of said renters doing petty thefts and vandalisim (sp? too lazy to check). That's why I sold and moved right away. I'm not paying 400k for a townhouse to live among all that. Not to mention the loud music after MIDNIGHT (I was fair and gave them a little time) no matter how much you called the police on them or tried to talk to them first "no english" OMG....not to mention the drunk ones who knocked on my door with the wrong house.

Posted by: uhhhh ()
Date: September 03, 2015 10:21AM

PizzaIsLifee Wrote:
Are the new homes
> (port potomac etc) of of route 1 in woodbridge
> safe?

NO! Stay far away from Route 1, especially in Hoodbridge. Unless you wants nigs/spics robbing/raping you regularly.

Is woodbridhe a good option for high school
> education??

NO

> And also how are the schools & crime in the
> stafford/fredericksburg region?

Frednecksburg has it's rough spots, lots of niggers but overall it's not terrible. Schools suck in comparison to Fairfax.

what's your rental/purchase budget and where do you work?

Posted by: pWMan ()
Date: September 03, 2015 12:41PM

PW. Occaquan is nice.

Posted by: x3Nnn ()
Date: September 03, 2015 03:17PM

I'm an expert on all 3 counties.

Stafford is full of foreigners

Prince William is full of foreigners

Fairfax is full of foreigners

The traffic sucks in all 3 and the cost of living is extremely high for low quality of life

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.