HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bad Allergies this year??
Posted by: FaFaFlunky ()
Date: August 28, 2015 12:00PM

Just wanted to see if anybody else in the area is experiencing particularly bad allergies right now. The last month has been absolute hell for me. Most of the time I've managed with some Zyrtec or Allegra but nothing seems to be working. I've lived in NOVA for almost 20 years and I've never had it so bad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bad Allergies this year??
Posted by: Try this next year ()
Date: August 28, 2015 12:11PM

Start taking allergies meds in winter. The over the counter one a days should work.

Posted by: No but... ()
Date: August 28, 2015 01:20PM

My son has never had allergies but has been struggling this month (along with the rest of my family) whenever he goes out, especially to parks. I normally get allergies here and there but am fine and have been enjoying the nicer weather. My peak was right at the beginning of Spring and mostly in certain places where certain tree pollens must have been. Right now has been ragweed and grass. Guess its particularly strong this time around.

Posted by: ENT Mom ()
Date: August 28, 2015 01:21PM

Try adding in Flonase.

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: August 28, 2015 09:22PM

My allergies are to grass, and this year has been pretty good. Not arguing with anyone who's suffering, just sayin' if it's grass, it's not bothering me.

It seems like every year the news folks say "It's a bad year for allergies". They can't *all* be bad...

Posted by: Nice Guy Eddie ()
Date: August 28, 2015 09:47PM

Spring allergies were espeically bad for me this year. Fall allergies usually don't kick in until around Halloween.

Posted by: Same Here ()
Date: August 29, 2015 12:14AM

ENT Mom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try adding in Flonase.

Allergies have been just awful recently. I just discovered that Flonase and similar nasal steroids are now available over the counter. These are the only medications that act as a preventative measure for me. Allegra and other decongestants are great after the fact, but that's not good enough. I'm probably paying more OTC but I don't care - can't handle going to the doctor.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.