HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS and Peanut butter
Posted by: Proud Mom ()
Date: August 25, 2015 08:11PM

I have a kindergartner starting this year so I'll be sending both lunch and a snack. I read the handbook and it doesn't say anything about not sending peanut butter, but I know friends in other areas who have "no peanut butter" rules. Is it ok to send a peanut butter bagel for snack? Or a pb&j for lunch? My kid loves peanut butter and it is such an easy option for once in a while.

I know I'm probably over-thinking this, but, you know, first kid going to kindergarten. . . I'm supposed to over think, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS and Peanut butter
Posted by: A catered affair ()
Date: August 25, 2015 08:48PM

You are sending your child to school with a PB&J while the rest of the children will be dining on roasted duck with orange sauce, and a splendid dry white wine.

Posted by: 9EKyW ()
Date: August 25, 2015 08:48PM

I would ask the teacher. Medical flag lists for schools are very very long - you never know

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: August 25, 2015 10:41PM

Most of the schools have a peanut free table/area for kids that are that allergic.

Posted by: This is Bullshit! ()
Date: August 25, 2015 11:26PM

If the kids are crippled by an "allergy" to PB, then let the parents deal with it rather than impose restrictions on others. The world ain't gonna lick their ass when they get out of school and it's best to learn this early. It's their problem, not yours.

Would you refrain from eating trail mix on a place because "somebody" on that flight might be allergic to peanuts? I usually have a few packs in my carry-on and munch freely.

Posted by: Parent , ()
Date: August 25, 2015 11:34PM

!
Amen

**** them! Do we need to change the world because of them?
This is Bullshit! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the kids are crippled by an "allergy" to PB,
> then let the parents deal with it rather than
> impose restrictions on others. The world ain't
> gonna lick their ass when they get out of school
> and it's best to learn this early. It's their
> problem, not yours.
>
> Would you refrain from eating trail mix on a place
> because "somebody" on that flight might be
> allergic to peanuts? I usually have a few packs
> in my carry-on and munch freely.

Posted by: MyKidz ()
Date: August 26, 2015 12:06AM

My child has a horrible physical condition that makes it tough for him to make friends. He was born with a hand condition which is hard to overlook and he is very sensitive about it. I am wondering if I should send him to public school. I hear they have a zero tolerance policy on weapons and he has a short temper due to his sensitivity about his condition. He has been know to use his handicap hands to express his frustrations which often results in him harming someone else. Do you think private school would be a better choice? Somewhere where he can get more 1 on 1 attention and would be less likely to be teased. I would just hate for Edward to go through more than he has already because of another outburst.

Thanks in advance,
Mrs. Scissor Hands

Posted by: Edward scissoring ()
Date: August 26, 2015 01:25AM

Dear Mrs. Scissor Hands,

I have archived your post so my many lawyers can review. I have your IP address and you will be sued. Your son opened a jar of peanuts my kid was holding, and not only was he allergic to the contents, his hand was also cut by your son's 'hands'. We took the precaution of getting a tetanus shot, as you and your family seem dirty and those blades were probably rusty.

See you in court.
Angry AM subscriber

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.