HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is Heroin the new Marijuana?
Posted by: Uncle Concerned ()
Date: August 04, 2015 10:10AM

Im hearing so many stories lately of kids in this area as young as 12 and 13 experimenting with heroin like I experimented with weed when I was that age. Is this true?

Heroin is a much more serious and addictive drug than weed. If this is true and kids this young are using heroin then we are in deep shit. Better start building more rehab centers and cemeteries.

Anybody have any first hand knowledge of FX County problem with kids using heroin? Is this widespread or just the usual suspects you would expect?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Heroin the new Marijuana?
Posted by: DEA Worker ()
Date: August 04, 2015 11:27AM

If you look at local arrest data, hundreds are being arrested for possession and intent to distribute heroin every month.

Yes, it's a BIG problem.

Posted by: LmdGH ()
Date: August 04, 2015 11:49AM

It's always worse than the oblivious folks think it is, and not nearly as bad as the worriers think it might be

Posted by: RandomGuy ()
Date: August 04, 2015 12:00PM

I've had a few acquaintances die of OD's in the past few years. Kids I knew in High School, and some younger kids who I have heard through some parents I know ended up in rehab.

Everyone I know that got into it started when they got into Oxycontin (or something similar, a pain killer), eventually get to a point when they couldn't find said pain killers and turned to Heroin as a substitute. Its cheaper and more available, and frankly made to make you feel better than Oxycontin which has a different purpose.

The saddest thing is most of the deaths are from when people are quitting. Doing it regularly isn't as dangerous as starting and stopping. The two deaths I have heard of were young men who had quit and fell back off the wagon and tried to do the amount they used to do and it killed them. Very sad stuff.

Its definitely not the new Marijuana though. Weed is still the number one drug of choice among teens (booze excluded). I am sure there were kids in your day who did heroin you just might not have noticed them.

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: August 04, 2015 12:19PM

Wait.... you were experimenting with smoking weed when you were 12 years old?

Posted by: Smoke um if you got um ()
Date: August 04, 2015 12:24PM

Huh??? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wait.... you were experimenting with smoking weed
> when you were 12 years old?

I got blazed for the first time at 13.

Have been living under a rock?

Posted by: MAYBE im not cool ()
Date: August 04, 2015 12:24PM

Gen Y here, graduated in 2013. Maybe I wasn't cool enough, but never saw anyone doing or possessing Heroin. We all smoked lots of weed, and occasionally tripped on LSD or shrooms. Every now and then we would get some coke. Never Heroin, meth, crack or the real hard drugs.

Posted by: some more info ()
Date: August 04, 2015 02:09PM

RIP

Tim
Davis
Madison
Matt
Todd

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.