HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Colvin Woods/ Reston
Posted by: Reston Renter ()
Date: August 03, 2015 05:57PM

Has anyone ever lived or been to Colvin Woods Apartments off of North Shore Drive/ Beacontree Lane/ Becontree Lake Drive?

I am looking into apartments in the Reston area. I work in Chantilly and live near Colts Neck Rd currently. I'm trying to get my own place and be done with roomates.

I'm not a city and/or suburban Reston Towncenter kind of guy. I like how secluded it is with Lake Fairfax Park behind it. Looking for something quiet and away from all the noise, pet friendly, etc.

I stopped in the other day and noted there's only one way in, past an elementary school and some cheaper places, possibly section 8.

Does traffic with school busses get annoying? If anyone reading this has been or lived there, what did you think? Is it quiet and safe? Going to do a walkthrough either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Colvin Woods/ Reston
Posted by: Former resident ()
Date: August 03, 2015 09:20PM

Watch out for the shitty management. Apartments close to the woods have bugs.

Posted by: Friend of a friend ()
Date: August 03, 2015 10:13PM

It has a lot of section 8. It's not unsafe though.

If you like Lake Fairfax Park, rentals at Chestnut Grove or in Tall Oaks condos back to the Lake Fairfax trails for hikig, biking, or jogging.

You could try Dulles Green Apts in Herndon next to 28. It's about 15 years old and would be close to your job. It'll be a while before they build up around there. The metro stop planned for 2018 is within walking distance.

Posted by: reston guy ()
Date: August 03, 2015 10:20PM

I live at Colvin Woods. The cedar chase apartments are section 8, but not dangerous or ghetto...bunch of foreigners. The traffic situation with the elementary school is not terrible, but it might take you 5-10 extra minutes to leave the neighborhood when school is opening. Overall, my experience here has been very good. Lake Fairfax and the park is nice, and my neighbors are like everyone else in Fairfax and will not say hi to you when you pass them, but they're not douche bags either. There is a roach problem in my building, and management blamed us for it even though roaches were here before we moved in and they can be found crawling on the walls in the hallway...other than that, not bad.

Posted by: Reston Renter ()
Date: September 02, 2015 05:55PM

Any other takers? Anyone been/ and or live or have lived there?

Posted by: confirm a negro problem? ()
Date: September 02, 2015 06:52PM

what's the nigger population there? If it's very low or non existent, that's a huge plus.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.