HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Asians boxing up take-home food at my community's pool party
Posted by: Capt.20 ()
Date: August 02, 2015 09:05AM

40 year NOVA resident here...

So, back in the 70's and 80's the community pool would have an annual party with food and beverage, a DJ, along with games and activities for the kids and the families. The food was catered and funded by a nominal admission charge. At the end of the night, there was always a surplus of food and it was a bit of a game to see who was going to take it home because nobody wanted to throw food out.

Fast forward 40 years...

I'm living in a different community now then the one I grew up in but, we had our annual party recently, not unlike the one depicted above. With one notable difference...

Several Asian families from the neighborhood, a group of about 50 people (kids, adults and seniors), showed up at the start of the event, pulled out a large box of take out food containers and started filling them up from the buffet and then walking them out to their cars. Then they came back to the pool area, filled their plates and sat down to eat.

It was nothing fancy...Famous Dave's setup their catering operation with burgers, hot dogs and pulled pork BBQ, sides, desserts and drinks. It was a 4 hour event and the food was gone in an hour. After some discussion between our community leaders and the caterer, they trucked in more food and everyone was eventually served.

When the Asian group was approached and asked to please not fill take-out boxes with food from the event one man stood up and starting shouting, "No! It's a buffet! Everyone takes as much as they want! They bring more! You sit down now!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Asians boxing up take-home food at my community's pool party
Posted by: notagain ()
Date: August 02, 2015 09:14AM

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: August 02, 2015 09:21AM

Capt.20 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 40 year NOVA resident here...
>
> So, back in the 70's and 80's the community pool
> would have an annual party with food and beverage,
> a DJ, along with games and activities for the kids
> and the families. The food was catered and funded
> by a nominal admission charge. At the end of the
> night, there was always a surplus of food and it
> was a bit of a game to see who was going to take
> it home because nobody wanted to throw food out.
>
> Fast forward 40 years...
>
> I'm living in a different community now then the
> one I grew up in but, we had our annual party
> recently, not unlike the one depicted above. With
> one notable difference...
>
> Several Asian families from the neighborhood, a
> group of about 50 people (kids, adults and
> seniors), showed up at the start of the event,
> pulled out a large box of take out food containers
> and started filling them up from the buffet and
> then walking them out to their cars. Then they
> came back to the pool area, filled their plates
> and sat down to eat.
>
> It was nothing fancy...Famous Dave's setup their
> catering operation with burgers, hot dogs and
> pulled pork BBQ, sides, desserts and drinks. It
> was a 4 hour event and the food was gone in an
> hour. After some discussion between our community
> leaders and the caterer, they trucked in more food
> and everyone was eventually served.
>
> When the Asian group was approached and asked to
> please not fill take-out boxes with food from the
> event one man stood up and starting shouting, "No!
> It's a buffet! Everyone takes as much as they
> want! They bring more! You sit down now!"

I consider taking food from a buffet that is not consumed immediately the same as STEALING.

Posted by: tiredofitttt ()
Date: August 02, 2015 10:32AM

LetsRock Wrote:
> >
> I consider taking food from a buffet that is not
> consumed immediately the same as STEALING.

x100. At least have the decency to wait until the END of the event to ask for leftovers. These locusts swarmed down on the food the moment it was pulled out, not even caring about people who had to come a bit later in the event (people at WORK, etc).....

BBQ started @noon? Then no one gets leftovers until AT LEAST 3 to give EVERYONE a chance to eat.

Next time, have someone hand out tickets and a ticket is REQUIRED to get a plate- or a small hand stamp- allowing 2 stamps (plates) per person. If they have more than 2 stamps on their hands turn them away no matter WHAT age as some are slick and will send their KIDS up to take food thinking no one would challenge a kid- WRONG SEEN IT HAPPEN.

Jeeze greedy ass people these days with no empathy for others. "I got mine fuck you"

Posted by: 9hueY ()
Date: August 02, 2015 10:33AM

Asians feel entilted to taking advantage of everything from the food sampling and big box stores to All You Can eat or even buffet or other events.

I watched an Asian guy at Chipotle keep asking for more of everything when building a bowl. When asked by the Chipotle person behind the counter if he wanted to pay for double meat, the answer was no, but could he have more.

This is a cultural problem that has not gone away. If you move to a country you need to assume the culture of the country you now call home. You can do things to honor or remember your original culture, but do this with people from your homeland.

I mean the Indians that want to bargin when buying something at 7/11 or other retail stores need to knock it off. This is not the Dehli market square, we do not bargain and wheel and deal in retail.

Posted by: head up anoos ()
Date: August 02, 2015 10:40AM

#firstworldproblems

Posted by: H.Hill ()
Date: August 02, 2015 10:50AM

Capt.20 Wrote:
> When the Asian group was approached and asked to
> please not fill take-out boxes with food from the
> event one man stood up and starting shouting, "No!
> It's a buffet! Everyone takes as much as they
> want! They bring more! You sit down now!"

LMMFGDAO!

So, am I the only one picturing this guy when I read that part?
Attachments:
Khan.jpg

Posted by: Ding Why ()
Date: August 02, 2015 11:01AM

You white people need move away!

Fairfax our land now

you go

move now.

sell house to Asian family!

Fuck You.

Posted by: the alternative? ()
Date: August 02, 2015 11:08AM

Suppose instead of Asians it was Nogs.

Nog guys in their pulled down pants, their 300 lb women and a whole batch of Noglets. They'd go through the whole buffet in 5 minutes or less. And, you'd be afraid to speak up to them.

At least Asians keep your property values up. Once the Nogs move in, it is the beginning of the end.

Posted by: caught ya ()
Date: August 02, 2015 11:23AM

Posted by: tiredofittttt ()
Date: August 02, 2015 11:52AM

the alternative? Wrote:
> Suppose instead of Asians it was Nogs.
>
> Nog guys in their pulled down pants, their 300 lb
> women and a whole batch of Noglets. They'd go
> through the whole buffet in 5 minutes or less.
> And, you'd be afraid to speak up to them.
>
> At least Asians keep your property values up. Once
> the Nogs move in, it is the beginning of the end.

Valid point, but this thread is to complain about ASIANS. There are already 11ty threads about nogs, let there be an Asian bashing thread for once!! See the thread title.

I thought this too LMAO!!!!

Posted by: Danbury Village ()
Date: August 02, 2015 12:04PM

the alternative? Wrote:
>
>

I agree. I will take slope neighbors over spics over dune coons over nogs. In that order.

I actually have one dune coon couple a few doors down and they are quite nice. They both drive Dulles Flyers and must work 60 hours a week.

Posted by: china time ()
Date: August 02, 2015 02:03PM

Posted by: no kidding ()
Date: August 02, 2015 02:20PM

Asians are the greediest, most thoughtless, self-centered people in the world? No kidding! At community events I like to walk up to them and act like we're all one big, happy multi-cultural family. You know, the way they act like things are supposed to be when it means something for them. Of course they pretend that they don't understand a thing you say and can't speak English. Just run with it and keep talking and smiling. Act like their best friend until you see the shame come across their faces.

Posted by: JBW ()
Date: August 02, 2015 06:35PM

Well, I guess you'll have to have servers next time to dish it out on paper plates. If someone steps up with a takeout box to fill, tell 'em, "Do you have a plate?" And if they say, "No plate! You fill!", they get turned down.
Too bad they haven't learned to assimilate. They're not in home country anymore.

Posted by: ZipperHeads ()
Date: August 02, 2015 07:35PM

Fucking zipper heads man. They are just clueless..

Date: August 02, 2015 08:22PM

More "Shrimpi" put more "Shrimpi" on my plate! Yogi So! Yankee Go Home now! More "Shrimpi" Need cigarette you have "Matchee" LOL

I will say Asians are usually hard working people and don't usually get into the more serious crimes like Illegals do. When they do con its chicken shit stuff.

And the Asian women don't get the cottage cheese or pizza with the cheese pulled off look to the back of their thighs. They look good till their real old.

In my late teens we would cruise the pool parties looking to scarf free food.
At the Mantua pool one year we hit the jackpot. NY strip steaks, Baked potatoes, corn on the cob, garlic bread and a big salad bowl and sodas and it was about 9pm and it was all left over. Then we went swimming. Thanks "Gerry" LOL except he was a bit younger then me then. Before he moved in there.

Posted by: crustwood ()
Date: August 02, 2015 08:32PM

North Springfield pool party.

Posted by: So sad ()
Date: August 02, 2015 08:53PM

America the great is fading away. Goodbye, you will be missed

Posted by: Ribs To Go ()
Date: August 02, 2015 09:14PM

Next year invite The Lamb Center guests and see what really can happen.

Posted by: Mother Russia ()
Date: August 02, 2015 11:03PM

Asians, especially the Chinese, were considered Gog, or the escapees of Gog, in the Middle Ages in the knowledgable circles of Jews, Christians, and Muslims (when Japan was discovered, excluded and lumped as Edomites instead). Gog is known for consuming all food and drinking all the water in particular--being human locusts basically. As a group of people, that is one of their traits as they even break cross-ethnic taboos of eating animals alive and cannibalism. Ironic for the Chinese because one of their origin stories is that an outsider had to teach them what food is. Guess he taught a little too lazily. "That's not food, everything else is!"

Posted by: bottom feeders ()
Date: August 02, 2015 11:50PM

My Mom worked at the Federal Reserve as a governors secretary. One of her duties was overseeing large lunches thrown for all the big wigs. They were always catered to the hilt and all the bigwigs would try to out undereat each other. The food was hardly touched. Alan Greenspan lived off saltines and cottage cheese.
At the end of the lunch they allow the hoards of secretaries and other little people to come in and devour the food.The others would often stay in the room to watch and smirk at the spectacle. My Mom once heard one upper cruster mutter bottom feeders to the guy next to him.

Posted by: KPMafia4Life ()
Date: August 03, 2015 08:17AM

crustwood Wrote:
> North Springfield pool party.

Bitch...please. Up in Kings Park back in the day, this 'hood was so dope, it had 2 poolz. Parliament AND Royal. Either one of those pool parties would slay North Sprizzy. Now Royal went and got itself kilt a few years back but Parliament is still bringing it strong...hellz, even STRONGER because now the whole 'hood rocks ALL at one pool.

Posted by: They're Just Mad.... ()
Date: August 03, 2015 02:03PM

...because of all the fatties shlurping all the food at their restaurant all-you-can-eat lunches, and that is their revenge.

Posted by: Size Matters ()
Date: August 03, 2015 02:36PM

In all fairness. When I was in college my buddies and I would kick back and smoke a few joints of some really good weed. The effects included the munchies, and there was an "All You Can Eat" Chinese buffet just off of the campus.

Can you imagine how hard 6 big guys punished the buffet? I once ate 5 plates of Kung Pao Chicken. The dump I took the next day was photo worthy - What with the little baby corns.

Posted by: Anthony Bourdain ()
Date: August 04, 2015 05:05PM

Ever been to Asia? Good luck finding a restroom with either toilet paper or soap. There's a reason that NOTHING is put out for free - Asians will take everything they can carry. Napkins, toilet paper, plastic spoons, packets of mustard - you name it, if it's put out there for free, it'll be gone in an instant.

Posted by: Chinks v Nogs ()
Date: August 04, 2015 05:55PM

Chinks will take what they can get, but back down if you say something.

Nogs will not back down. They will riot, loot, and rape. If one gets hurt or killed, it becomes a national event. Nog losers like Rachel Jeantel become overnight heroes and talk about becoming judges and lawyers.

I'm happy to have Asian, Hispanic and Middle Eastern neighbors. When Nogs were looking at a house for sale I went into panic.

Posted by: Free White Rice ()
Date: August 04, 2015 06:18PM

Observation:

We live in an area where people from all over the world come to live. Everyone is different, and the English language takes time to learn - But they do. They work any jobs they can get, and save money. Over time they buy a car, buy a house, and start a business. The American Dream.

Why after slavery has been over 150 years do we have blacks so far behind everyone else. All of the Gov't programs, handouts, free college, small business loans, Gov't grants, subsidized housing, free lunches, affirmative action hiring, and the free Gov't Cheese program in 1980's do the blacks in this country scream nothing is fair for them. Then they set fire to their own homes.

I'll take Asians with carry out boxes anytime. Blacks would just dig into the food with their bare hands.

Posted by: G.Ramsay ()
Date: August 04, 2015 06:35PM

Anthony Bourdain Wrote:
> Ever been to Asia? Good luck finding a restroom
> with either toilet paper or soap. There's a
> reason that NOTHING is put out for free - Asians
> will take everything they can carry. Napkins,
> toilet paper, plastic spoons, packets of mustard -
> you name it, if it's put out there for free, it'll
> be gone in an instant.

This is also why when you go to an Asian restaurant or even an Asian-owned restaurant serving non-Asian food...common American courtesies like free refills on soft drinks simply don't exist and they are mortally offended when you ask about it. Also, if you get takeout from a Asian restaurant you get 3 very thin, unusable napkins and 1 of each of the sauce packet and 2 fortune cookies. And there are NEVER any of the items just lying around for you to stuff in your bag. Why is it at all Asian-owned Subways there's a sign on the soda fountain that says, "Refills $0.50." while all of the non-Asian owned Subways, there is no sign?

It's ironic...they want largess for themselves as customers but, they don't want to deliver on that as business owners to their own customers.

I'm also further fascinated by Vietnamese cuisine and culture. They welcome you, seat you and take your order...and then NEVER bother to check with you if "everything's all right with the meal". The reason for this is because in their culture it's considered bad manners to disturb someone when they are eating. But, that doesn't mean that service is unavailable. Vietnamese wait staff are trained to stand at the edge of the dining area and watch their assigned tables closely. If a customer raises his hand, they are there by your side immediately. You make your request and they quickly depart to serve you.

It's always fun to watch an uneducated customer in a Vietnamese restaurant..."Jeez! Don't they ever come around to get drink refills?!?! What does it take to get some service here?" Not much...just raise your hand.

Posted by: LJjCe ()
Date: August 04, 2015 06:47PM

I've been to Asia about a dozen times, and yeah, Asians, especially (mainland) chinese and Koreans are pushy, arrogant, self-centered. That said, they're hard working, generally honest, family oriented. Americans have their own bad characteristics, some of them way worse than hogging the food at a buffet.

Posted by: I understand ()
Date: August 04, 2015 07:00PM

When my family first came to the US from India, i had to explain to them that you cant ask for price reduction or haggle for price on everything.

It was so fun going shopping with them and and ask for reduced price on everything. After 20 minutes of arguing i would intervene.

In India, you never ask for the asking price. NEVER. The.customers and the merchants now it.

Posted by: Halas ()
Date: August 04, 2015 08:07PM

I understand Wrote:
> When my family first came to the US from India, i
> had to explain to them that you cant ask for price
> reduction or haggle for price on everything.
>
> It was so fun going shopping with them and and ask
> for reduced price on everything. After 20 minutes
> of arguing i would intervene.
>
> In India, you never ask for the asking price.
> NEVER. The.customers and the merchants now it.

I manage a hotel owned by a man of Turkish descent who lives overseas. On his first trip to the U.S. and after visiting his hotel, he asked me to take him to Pentagon City as he wanted to go shopping. On the way over, he said he was looking forward to putting his negotiation skills to work on the store employees. I politely informed him that in America unless you are buying real estate or a car or other large, expensive item...most things here are non-negotiable. He smiled and said nothing...

We went into Macy's and he found a brand of cologne that he liked. When he was informed of the price he said, "I would like to buy 50 bottles and I am paying cash. I'd like a 20% discount, please..."

The clerk promptly rang it up, had three other employees help her bag it and handed him his receipt all before I could pick up my jaw off the floor. This was the first of about a dozen transactions he conducted that day. All were cash purchases and all of them he received discounts ranging from 10-25% off.

Posted by: International Asshole ()
Date: August 04, 2015 10:24PM

First, Walking around with that amount of cash is REAL smart. Second, It sounds like he was toting around a sum of cash over 10K. You should have reported him to the IRS and had the cash seized.

Get a nice reward for you for being a rat. Welcome to The U.S.A.

Posted by: Haggling 101 ()
Date: August 04, 2015 10:50PM

I've lived in a lot of places where you haggle for everything.

I do it a lot. You'd be surprised.

For example, Virginia Tire and Auto. I'm a regular customer. I need a repair done over the holidays. I said "hey, it is Christmas-how about a little break, I'm a regular customer" they had to talk to the manager, but he gave me 10% off.

I shop at Safeway. I have an arrangement with the manager-at the end of the year, he'll give me a couple of free "orders" (grocery speak) to thank me for my business.

It never hurts to ask. Some places act like they want to throw me out on my ear, but they haven't, they still want my business, but on their terms.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: August 05, 2015 02:26AM

Haggling 101 Wrote:
> I've lived in a lot of places where you haggle for
> everything.
>
> I do it a lot. You'd be surprised.
>
> For example, Virginia Tire and Auto. I'm a regular
> customer. I need a repair done over the holidays.
> I said "hey, it is Christmas-how about a little
> break, I'm a regular customer" they had to talk to
> the manager, but he gave me 10% off.
>
> I shop at Safeway. I have an arrangement with the
> manager-at the end of the year, he'll give me a
> couple of free "orders" (grocery speak) to thank
> me for my business.
>
> It never hurts to ask. Some places act like they
> want to throw me out on my ear, but they haven't,
> they still want my business, but on their terms.

You, Sir, are a STUPID AIDS-RIDDLED FUCKMOP. and you will meet my RAPE BABOONS in the very near future.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: August 05, 2015 02:56AM

LJjCe Wrote:
> I've been to Asia about a dozen times, and yeah,
> Asians, especially (mainland) chinese and Koreans
> are pushy, arrogant, self-centered. That said,
> they're hard working, generally honest, family
> oriented. Americans have their own bad
> characteristics, some of them way worse than
> hogging the food at a buffet.

Nothing is worse than a guest loading up their own containers with “left overs” when they first arrive; and then return to join the party and eat. Unless they paid for the entire meal themselves.

Posted by: Ask for discount ()
Date: August 05, 2015 12:17PM

Thats why i love living in the USA. Everytime i go to buy something and ask them to reduce the price they do it.

Thats because in my country there is no shame asking for reduced price. It is cultural thing.

Posted by: Johnny p ()
Date: August 05, 2015 02:40PM

To the OP: Next pool party and right before the buffet is put out load all the dishes up with ExLax. Let all the Asians go first, fill up their boxes for take out, let them also eat first. Warn everyone else to wait or just eat before coming or even make one serving dish known free of the ExLax.....

What goes around comes around..get pictures later..lol

I did that once to a neighbors dog who wouldn't stop crapping in my yard.

Posted by: Bill S ()
Date: August 05, 2015 02:42PM

Go back to your country Gook.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: August 05, 2015 02:48PM

Our neighborhood pool used to offer to box up food for shut ins and others who had paid for pool parties but were unable to attend. Aside from that, nobody was permitted to pack up food to take home until after everyone had had a chance to go through the line a few times. Even then the volunteers who had helped run the party got first shot at any leftovers. Last thing you wanted to do was try and sneak out a bunch of food for later in front of some volunteer who had been sweating for several hours to set up and run the party.

Biggest problem we had was a few white trash families that would only pay for a couple of people, then show up with a number of nonpaying guests, and then the paying people would wait in line for the food which they then brought back to the others.

Date: August 05, 2015 03:47PM

the alternative? Wrote:
>
>

In addition, they will demand that their food be cooked fresh and served hot.

Date: August 05, 2015 03:54PM

Anthony Bourdain Wrote:
> Ever been to Asia? Good luck finding a restroom
> with either toilet paper or soap. There's a
> reason that NOTHING is put out for free - Asians
> will take everything they can carry. Napkins,
> toilet paper, plastic spoons, packets of mustard -
> you name it, if it's put out there for free, it'll
> be gone in an instant.

I overheard an asian family at the park looking at the geese. One said to the other, "If this were Korea, that would be dinner. Apparently, there are no wild animals in their public parks.

Posted by: Kung Pao Goose ()
Date: August 05, 2015 04:07PM

LetsRock Wrote:
> Anthony Bourdain Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ever been to Asia? Good luck finding a
> restroom
> > with either toilet paper or soap. There's a
> > reason that NOTHING is put out for free -
> Asians
> > will take everything they can carry. Napkins,
> > toilet paper, plastic spoons, packets of mustard
> -
> > you name it, if it's put out there for free,
> it'll
> > be gone in an instant.
>
>
> I overheard an asian family at the park looking at
> the geese. One said to the other, "If this were
> Korea, that would be dinner. Apparently, there
> are no wild animals in their public parks.

Let them have at the fucking Geese - 2 leg shit machines.

Posted by: Exhausted ()
Date: August 07, 2015 08:16AM

I work with nothing but Asians and they are not friendly maybe its a cultural thing but I'm the only American in my office.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.