HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
No. Va Parking Lot Scam- Watch Out!
Posted by: NoVaer ()
Date: July 29, 2015 08:58PM

Here’s a parking lot scam going in Northern Virginia… please watch out for this one...

You’re in the parking lot and an African American male in his 30s accosts you. His scam goes like this:

“Excuse me Sir/Ma’am, how far away are we from Damascus, Maryland? You see, I just got released from Prison and am cleaning up my life, thank Jesus! My parole paperwork says I’m supposed to report to a halfway house in Damascus, Maryland tonight. Look here's the order! [THE SCAMMER THEN SHOWS YOU A PAPER THAT LOOKS LIKE A DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS RELEASE LETTER AND IT DOES SAY DAMASCUS, MARYLAND]. I took a cab from the prison but the cabbie thought I said Manassas! As in Manassas, Virginia! And he dropped me off there! I’m not from around here… I didn’t get what he was doing! And I spent my last dollar getting to the metro down the road, so I can get to my halfway house in Damascus, Maryland tonight! And if I don’t report tonight, I’m in real trouble! I’ve spent all [morning/afternoon] trying to get help, but everybody’s been so mean to me! I need money to get back on the metro to get to Damascus! You look like a good person so I came up to you, Thank God! Can you help?

Last week he was working this scam in the parking lot of the Best Buy in Springfield, VA. Damned if he didn’t accost my wife and damned if she didn’t fall for the scam and give him money.

This scam makes me extra angry because the same SOB pulled this exact same scam on me in the parking garage at Reagan National Airport in 2012. Right down to the fake Release Letter. This guy is a con artist and a thief- please watch out for this one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No. Va Parking Lot Scam- Watch Out!
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 29, 2015 09:07PM

ergeYoutube_icon_logo.gif

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2015 08:48AM by WingNut.

Posted by: FCKFn ()
Date: July 29, 2015 09:30PM

OP that shit has been going on for years and not just in NOVA.

There's a sucker born every minute and these people are looking for them.

Posted by: screw these guys ()
Date: July 29, 2015 09:51PM

I would say

"sorry, I am from Lower Albania, not know, Damascus. Maybe you want to buy iPad, still in box?"

or

"Man, that Damascus halfway house…gonna get butt raped in there, head for Mexico if you know what's good for you"

and walk away

Posted by: It's ALWAYS Damascus, MD ()
Date: July 29, 2015 09:59PM

I carry a couple of smartrips with <$1 on them for specifically handing out to niggers with this story. Hopefully it buys them a one-way trip the fuck out of VA at least.

Date: July 29, 2015 10:17PM

>"Sorry buddy" I say with a smile, "I got my own fucking problems!"

Does work like a charm! I've used that one too.

"Sorry ,I'm trying to get by till payday"

But it was the truth!!

Now its trying to get by till the end of the month. Retired! Ha ha !

Border Security is CHEAPER Than Wars
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 29, 2015 10:24PM

`

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 08:53AM by WingNut.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: July 29, 2015 11:28PM

So a nigger asking for money is a scam. Imagine my surprise.

Tell him you'll give him a ride. If he can pay you. If he can, take the money and leave.

Ahhh, niggers.

Posted by: NNjC4 ()
Date: July 30, 2015 12:05AM

When ever I get the "I just need a couple of dollars to get me to..." I immediately say no.

Posted by: Woody Hayes ()
Date: July 30, 2015 12:18AM

My line has been is I was going to ask you for some $$. Funny as shit to see the looks on their faces.

Posted by: MegaBlunk ()
Date: July 30, 2015 01:20AM

"Sounds like a serious legal situation. Let's get a policeman here to help you."

Posted by: stephen ()
Date: July 30, 2015 04:17AM

The guy was working the parking lots in Alexandria last year, and had some white chick sitting near by in a car full of food bags.

Posted by: DanKnows ()
Date: July 30, 2015 07:56AM

I always say, my wife takes all my money every morning and "my wallets as bare as a cat's ass"

Have actually gotten a few laughs

Posted by: 4VGm7 ()
Date: July 30, 2015 08:09AM

Same guy same scam in Home Depot Springfield parking lot couple months ago. It must work pretty well or he'd change his deal/venue.

Posted by: cold & indifferent ()
Date: July 30, 2015 09:06AM

Double Action Jackson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >"Sorry buddy" I say with a smile, "I got my own
> fucking problems!"
>
> Does work like a charm! I've used that one too.
>
> "Sorry ,I'm trying to get by till payday"
>
> But it was the truth!!
>
> Now its trying to get by till the end of the
> month. Retired! Ha ha !

Most people really do empathize and want to help other people and that's what these idiots prey on, try to tap into that emotion of wanting to be a nice person who helps. I just say very bluntly "I have no interest in helping other people", that usually throws them off and it doesn't give them any other angles on you. If they ask a second time just say "I honestly don't care about anybody except for myself", they will take the hint. I'm not really like that but this attitude does work.

Posted by: streetsmarts ()
Date: July 30, 2015 09:21AM

When you hear the word PRISON, keep walking.

Posted by: cold & indifferent ()
Date: July 30, 2015 10:04AM

streetsmarts Wrote:
> When you hear the word PRISON, keep walking.

lol that's what I was thinking. at least the one that I dealt with said he was in the military and needed to get back to Fort Meade or else he would be in big trouble. but saying you just got out of prison is a ridiculous opening line.

Posted by: Evil Incarnate ()
Date: July 30, 2015 10:26AM

Some guy came up to me in the parking lot of Target, handed me a card with some sob story asking for money.

I told him "the last person I gave money to died three hours later, are you sure you want this?"

He walked away, agitated.

Posted by: I carry no cash ()
Date: July 30, 2015 10:58AM

That's the story I always stick to and it's actually true sometimes. It's plausible these days with debit/pre-paid cards. Ends it right there.

Posted by: Patrick Henry McDonald's ()
Date: July 30, 2015 11:32AM

I went in there once, before I even got to the counter this tall black kid demanded money to make a phone call. When I told him no he said he needed my phone. I told him no. He blocked my way. I turned around, walked out, called 911.

Police showed up. McD's manager said he was a problem. McD's manager and I filed complaints against him. He was taken away, police said "well, at least you'll get a phone call now."

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: July 30, 2015 12:00PM

I used to get stopped near work by panhandlers asking for money for food. I started telling them they could walk to the McDonalds with me and I'd buy them $5 worth of food there. None of them took me up on it.

If you had the guts to try it, I guess the equivalent would be to say you were going to Laurel MD and offer to drive them that far.

Posted by: WrongTerm ()
Date: July 30, 2015 12:05PM

OP. That wasn't an "African American" who accosted you. "SOB" doesn't cut it either.
Stop being so politically correct. "Black", works fine or you can assimulate to the terms used by other posters.
Someone like that does not deserve a 7 syllable phrase for description.

Posted by: Omar the Rug Trader ()
Date: July 30, 2015 12:09PM

If you looked Middle Eastern:

"Damascus? Yes, Damascus. Go, join to the ISIS. My cousin, Akbar, he look out for you. Just go Dulles Airport, flying Paris, then flying Damascus. Kebabs there, you will enjoy"

Posted by: Bodega Bob ()
Date: July 30, 2015 12:19PM

NoVaer Wrote:
>
> “Excuse me Sir/Ma’am, how far away are we from
> Damascus, Maryland?

Dang, this dude was working this scam @ Quaker Lane/King St. in Alexandria several years ago, as I was pumping gas at the Royal service center.

I asked how stupid he could be to spend all his cash on a cab ride to "Alexandria" when he was supposed to be in "Manassass"?

I was dialing the the Alex. City police when the owner of the gas station came out of the office and told Mr. Deadbeat to get the fuck off his property!

He was working the parking lot at the King/Quaker Lane Safeway a few days later, then he disappeared.

It's amazing he'e still working this lame bit, but I'll have to give him credit, it must be working on some level.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: July 30, 2015 12:23PM

WrongTerm Wrote:
> OP. That wasn't an "African American" who
> accosted you. "SOB" doesn't cut it either.
> Stop being so politically correct. "Black", works
> fine or you can assimulate to the terms used by
> other posters.
> Someone like that does not deserve a 7 syllable
> phrase for description.

Still not the right word.

Posted by: Capt.20 ()
Date: July 30, 2015 07:53PM

WingNut Wrote:
> “Excuse me Sir/Ma’am, how far away are we
> from Damascus, Maryland? You see, I just got
> released from Prison-

>
> Wouldn't most people pop the clutch and walk away
> right there on the word PRISON?
>
> "Sorry buddy" I say with a smile, "I got my own
> fucking problems!" Used it for years, always
> works.

Hey Winger...I hope you're having a nice a summer, good to see you posting.

Seriously, though...what the fuck is wrong with you? This is NOVA. You're supposed to pop the clutch on the words, "Excuse me..."

Posted by: Fell for it ()
Date: July 30, 2015 08:28PM

I may have fallen for a similar scam. There was a guy in DC said he was a military vet from Richmond with a VA appointment. The only thing is he took the bus up and then they rescheduled him for the next day cause the doc he needed was out. He had no money for a hotel so they arranged a room at a shelter for him. But he had no cash for the metro ticket to get to the shelter or for food. I took him to get some lunch and bought him a metro ticket. I gave him another twenty bucks too. I even walked him to the metro station and told him the stop he needed. Thought I was doing the right thing, but I guess I will never know for sure.

Posted by: be nice ()
Date: July 30, 2015 08:56PM

I'm usually very polite and respond "no thank you" for their offer to let me help them out. Although if I'm with a buddy I'll usually point his way and mention that he is the one with the cash.

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: July 30, 2015 08:56PM

be nice Wrote:
> I'm usually very polite and respond "no thank you"
> for their offer to let me help them out. Although
> if I'm with a buddy I'll usually point his way and
> mention that he is the one with the cash.

Fuck you friend!

Posted by: Metro is so Helpful ()
Date: July 31, 2015 10:40AM

I'd tell him to go back to the Metro and ask them for help.

Posted by: Same scam different location ()
Date: July 31, 2015 11:06AM

I fell for the same scam at the Bank of America location on Jermantown Rd. about a month ago. Nice enough looking guy but the way he yelled to get my attention took me by surprise. Said he was training at Wal-Mart and offered to show me his paperwork. Said he had let his girlfriend use his car that day and needed a few dollars for bus fair. I had just put my cash in the ATM so pulled $4 out of my car and gave it to him. Thought I had done my good deed for the day. Guess not.

Posted by: Boofer ()
Date: July 31, 2015 03:43PM

Just watch out for niggers on the Metro. They are al out to scam you one way or another.

Posted by: Nicdoot ()
Date: July 31, 2015 08:50PM

Wow we had the same exact story told to us at Home Depot in Merrifield years ago. I thought it was such a strange story and another man started walking up to hear it so we took off. Don't think we would have helped him anyway and now glad we didn't after hearing this.

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: July 31, 2015 09:38PM

I was approached at a gas station on Century Blvd near LAX about 15 years ago with one of these scams. I didn't believe a word of the story, but the young couple were SO convincing that I gave 'em a couple of bucks. And told them that it was for the performance, not because I believed them. They were speechless.

Posted by: Fairfax Rocks ()
Date: August 01, 2015 12:00AM

There's an older African American man who uses a similar story in Union Station, DC. Needs some more money to finish traveling, part of a church group, veteran, etc.

His expression changes from sob story to all business when he talks to a woman companion before looking for his next mark.

Many of these sob story panhandlers are just looking for a few bucks to score their next bag of heroin or crack hit.

Posted by: Mr. Confrontation ()
Date: August 01, 2015 03:11PM

When these people approach me, I say:

"I remember you! You raped my sister and murdered her children! I WILL have my revenge! Get ready for a fight"

They say

"Dindu nuffin"

I say

"Coward! Liar! Rapist! Murder! I am calling the police"

They get the message and leave, quickly.

Posted by: MJxPE ()
Date: August 01, 2015 10:57PM

> “Excuse me Sir/Ma’am, how far away are we from Damascus, Maryland?

you learned that at what age?

shit they used to teach children to avoid nigger scams like that on sitcoms

and i dont' know of any kids who didn't have parents that warned them to stay away from "poor black areas" or black scammers

WHY? because it was true is why.

Posted by: Boogaloogaa ()
Date: August 02, 2015 07:34PM

I stopped reading at african American

Posted by: not falling for it ()
Date: September 03, 2015 03:12PM

There is a quick talking white man soliciting money to get his car towed back to Culpepper. He claims to be retired Air Force and some problem Manassas Hospital and can't reach his mother. Only needs $28 for the tow. Then he opens his wallet to show me money. He didn't even say "God bless".

Posted by: Fairfax Walmart ()
Date: September 03, 2015 04:44PM

^same guy tried to hit me up 3 days ago at the Fairfax Walmart/Big Lots parking lot.

He started off with "hey sir, I know YOU speak English..." and then launched into his story about the car tow, wallet out, saying he wasn't a bum and that he was a veteran.

I was with a friend who had been hit by a similar scam and said "we can't help you." The guy was visibly ticked off but left in a huff.

How much money can they make in a day doing this crap?

Posted by: Our Lord, Jesus Christ ()
Date: September 03, 2015 04:53PM

MJxPE Wrote:
> > “Excuse me Sir/Ma’am, how far away are we
> from Damascus, Maryland?
>
> you learned that at what age?
>
> shit they used to teach children to avoid nigger
> scams like that on sitcoms
>
> and i dont' know of any kids who didn't have
> parents that warned them to stay away from "poor
> black areas" or black scammers
>
> WHY? because it was true is why.

You should not hate yourself so much.

Jesus loves you; die on the cross for your sins.

Absolution lies with our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Posted by: Carmen the Gypsy ()
Date: September 03, 2015 04:56PM

When they ask you for money, say

"Do you really want money, please be sure"

If they say yes

Take a dollar out of your pocket and say

"I am so glad to have met you. Once, I did as you are doing. Someone said I would never be without money again, and gave me this. But, I tell you, I have paid a terrible price. You see, this dollar brings fortune, but also misfortune. My children have had their organs harvested, my wife was sold into sexual slavery in Somalia. The only way I can get rid of it is to give it to someone who wants money.

Is that you?"

See what they say. I had one guy get so creeped he called the police. They were waiting when I came out of the store. I told them he tried to hustle me. I told them I didn't know anything about his crazy story. If they ask about wife and kids, and you have them, invite them over to check. If you don't it is another example of the hustler's lunacy.

Posted by: mark j ()
Date: September 03, 2015 06:08PM

I just tell them to "go get a f'n job"...they slink away

Posted by: Bumbler ()
Date: September 04, 2015 12:05AM

Lots of lazy numbs these days, they probably make 100 a day and blow it away.

Posted by: Dimwit ()
Date: September 04, 2015 06:11PM

I have seen a lot of these lately

Posted by: nmf.das ()
Date: September 06, 2015 05:50PM

fucked up scam

Posted by: Hehsjd ()
Date: September 07, 2015 08:25AM

Thanks for the heads up. I hope more people read this

Posted by: BEWARE ()
Date: April 28, 2016 11:37PM

Spreading the word...classic gypsy scam.

Posted by: NoVaer ()
Date: May 01, 2019 09:12AM

Oh, and the gypsy scammer with the baby is back working the parking lot at the corner of Old Keene Mill and Rolling. Where the Giant is. My wife knew who he was, called him on his scam, and he walked off real quick. But the piece of shit was working another scared woman in the parking lot when my wife was leaving the store. My wife saw the poor lady give the POS $20. My wife told the poor lady she'd just been scammed, and the poor lady just shrugged her shoulders. Thanks a lot- you've just helped this gypsy POS keep coming back.

FYI, he pretends he can barely speak English and gives you a card - written in good English - saying how desperate he is. Yesterday the baby - a different kid than last time, by the way - was in a stroller the POS was pushing.

Call the cops on this POS. Tell them there's a child being abused in the parking lot at [X]. Hell, go ahead and say what abuse marks you THINK you saw on the kid. Describe the POS gypsy scammer. The cops might not show up, but something beats nothing- do what you can to turn up the heat on this POS.

Posted by: Speaking of TOTAL SCAMS... ()
Date: May 01, 2019 10:32AM

FOX News has nor been shut down and is still broadcasting in the area.

Posted by: gallows and lee hwy ()
Date: May 01, 2019 11:47AM

There's always a black guy pan handling there, loser needs to get a job

Posted by: Vote em out ()
Date: May 01, 2019 12:29PM

I live in Failfax.and I am being constantly accosted by The democrats in office for more taxes. That they want to waste on the illegal leeches to the tune of 200 thousand for a legal fund to keep them from being deported. Thanks dumbass board of stupidvisors. Remember the BOS at election time, never ever vote democrat if you love America!

Demo-scams never met a tax they don't like. Watch out!

Posted by: just sayin... ()
Date: May 03, 2019 01:20AM

Speaking of TOTAL SCAMS... Wrote:
> FOX News has nor been shut down and is still
> broadcasting in the area.

-
Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: Easy pickin's ()
Date: May 03, 2019 09:36AM

Hahaha! You fell for the Bill Barr letter!!! What a dope!!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.