HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
brunch
Posted by: Danny ()
Date: July 27, 2006 06:10PM

I'm fairly new to the area -- are there any decent weekend brunch spots in Fairfax County besides IHOP? I've been going into DC for brunch but would like to find similar places in Fairfax, especially Western Fairfax county. Any suggestions for good brunch?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: brunch
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 27, 2006 06:15PM

Are all diner-type places out? Or do you just want a good breakfast later in the day? Not that many places around here do fancy brunches and advertise about it, for some odd reason. But I know tons of good diners.

I have been to several but can only give you vague desciptions of the locations (they were all non-chain restaurants). Someone else in my family always set it up so I never ayed that much attention.

I did go to an awesome brunch at that restaurant owned by the actor, Robert Duvall, but it's in the Plains of Virginia so you would have quite a drive to get there. Nice country, though:

http://www.railstoprestaurant.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2006 06:19PM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 27, 2006 07:47PM

Not in W FFX, but The Carlyle in Shirlington has a kickass brunch. Except for Georgia Brown's in DC it's the best brunch I've had in the whole area, the crab fritter app is awesome.

http://www.greatamericanrestaurants.com/carsub/brunch.cfm

Posted by: Dude ()
Date: July 28, 2006 12:42AM

Old town alexandria has afew spots.
Cafe Marianna and that restaurant thats overlooking the water and boat parking
I can't recall the name.

Also, a lot of major hotel chains in the area, such as Hyatt would have branch too.

And if you are in the military - Officers Club @ Ft. Myer has branch too.

Posted by: Im hungry ()
Date: July 31, 2006 03:55PM

www.jukeboxdineronline.com

Jukebox Diner 7039 Columbia pike (across from Magruders) Annandale, Va

breakfast all day, huge menu, check it out!

703-916-8300 deliver!

Posted by: Hawaii ()
Date: July 31, 2006 06:01PM

Don't know why your link didn't work, maybe it's because you were missing the 'http' thing. Here's one that should work:

http://www.jukeboxdineronline.com/

Jukebox is a pretty good spot; when I was in the area I ate there frequently.

I didn't know Duvall owned a restaurant in White Plains, there's some pretty good spots that only the locals know about out that way.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 31, 2006 06:04PM

That's because Robert Duvall's place is in "The Plains"

"The Plains" is the name of the town in other words. It's a little town off 66 out west. It's really not far past Haymarket, so I would say it's NOVA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2006 06:05PM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: Nik ()
Date: July 31, 2006 07:33PM

The Westfields Mariott has a pretty good Sunday brunch buffet - I usually take all the waffles when I go.

Also check out J. Gilbert's, out in Arlington. It's a steakhouse, but their brunch is really good.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Posted by: Hawaii ()
Date: July 31, 2006 07:57PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's because Robert Duvall's place is in "The
> Plains"
>
> "The Plains" is the name of the town in other
> words. It's a little town off 66 out west. It's
> really not far past Haymarket, so I would say it's
> NOVA.

I'm familiar with The Plains. That was my fault, 'The Plains, VA' was originally known (for the first 100 or so years of the town) as 'White Plains, VA'. It was named that after the morning mist or low-lying fog which make the fields in the area look white. I guess they renamed it back in the 50s; my family always called it 'White Plains', and sometimes that's what I'll refer to it as. Same place, though, and I agree that it's still NOVA. Neat area out that way, with a ton of history. I've heard great things about the slavery museum that's out there, but I've never been. I've looked around their website, though, here's the link:

http://www.afro-americanofva.org/

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: July 31, 2006 08:21PM

Chart house in Alexandria. Went there yesterday. Good shit all around but pricey if you're looking for the IHOP category. I don't mind paying for quality though.

Posted by: burpgun ()
Date: July 31, 2006 08:27PM

It's not breakfast and it's not lunch, but it's filling and it comes with a slice of melon at the end...

Posted by: Observe ()
Date: March 26, 2017 04:18PM

around 1pm

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.