HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Smith assaulted while campaigning
Posted by: Newspaper Reporter Nine ()
Date: July 11, 2015 07:24PM

... before she could give the woman doing yardwork on Misty Creek Lane the rest of her spiel Saturday afternoon, Smith said, she was attacked.

“She came after me,” Smith said. “She tore the clipboard out of my hands and started shoving me. And then she grabbed the sunglasses off my face.”

The reason for the woman’s alleged outburst?

She apparently, according to Smith, was upset over a school boundary vote the board member cast — in 2008.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/hard-feelings-over-school-boundaries-prompts-alleged-assault-in-virginia/2015/07/11/a52863be-2801-11e5-b77f-eb13a215f593_story.html?hpid=z3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Smith assaulted while campaigning
Posted by: ggtgtgt ()
Date: July 11, 2015 08:49PM

The transgender opponents are even madder.

Posted by: Thucydides ()
Date: July 11, 2015 09:16PM

Sounds like Kathy Smith was trespassing.

Posted by: 99k9iff ()
Date: July 11, 2015 10:28PM

Please, please, please! Who beat her up?!?

Posted by: smith is a liar ()
Date: July 11, 2015 11:06PM

given how many times smith lied, im betting on the homeowner.

Posted by: Tired of Kathy Smith ()
Date: July 11, 2015 11:17PM

This sounds almost as bad as Hillary being shot at by snipers when flying into Bosnia. Bad publicity is better than no publicity in the hot days of July.

Sounds like Kathy Smith accosted the women, and is complaining that she dropped her clipboard. I hope this mom forces the issue to jury trial so Smith has to testify. Preferably in October.

Posted by: kathy does not listen ()
Date: July 12, 2015 06:12AM

Kathy ignores her constituents. Once elected, she thinks that Sully is only on her side of Rt 50. In every boundary dispute, she has voted to put those on the other side of 50 "on the bus" to a different school.

Before the last election, she manipulated her own area twice:
1..First to get all day K for her neighborhood school by putting in low income kids.
2. When all schools got all day K, Kathy sent the low income kids to a different school.

Posted by: Board of Supervisors ()
Date: July 12, 2015 08:22AM

What matters to Kathy Smith is.... Kathy Smith. Nothing else.

Please don't vote her onto the Board. We have enough problems already.

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: July 12, 2015 09:19AM

This is unacceptable. No matter how much you dislike someone, there's an appropriate way of expressing that dislike. Tell them you aren't voting for them, ask them to leave. Not that hard.

I've knocked on ten thousand+ doors in my career, and at worst I've gotten cursed at. Then again, you'd have to be certifiable to pick a fight with me. That other candidates and elected officials don't have that luxury doesn't mean they don't deserve at least a modicum of respect for taking the time to talk to folks at home.

No matter what she did in office, this isn't okay. It's a sad indictment of our politics that instead of being disgusted by the violence here, we're still talking politics.

Posted by: innocent til proven guilty ()
Date: July 12, 2015 09:28AM

We do only know one side of the story. Kathy is famous for misleading people. Maybe she fell.

Posted by: Opportunity knockz ()
Date: July 12, 2015 10:42AM

innocent til proven guilty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We do only know one side of the story. Kathy is
> famous for misleading people. Maybe she fell.

I think Smith needed the publicity and embellished the situation. Let's not convict the homeowner until she has her day in court. Self defense will likely be presented by the plaintiff. Time to lawyer up.

Posted by: Johnny p ()
Date: July 12, 2015 11:46AM

Most people put a No Soliciting sign on their door. Usually doesn't do much good.
You really need to put a note on the door also - Knock at your own risk, Beware of attack dog, Any and all solicitors GO AWAY. Also a NRA sticker.

But then again, many foreigners here in Fairfax can't read.
So you open the door with a Louisville Slugger.

Posted by: Don't New Jerseyize Fairfax ()
Date: July 12, 2015 12:11PM

kathy does not listen Wrote:
> Kathy ignores her constituents. Once elected, she
> thinks that Sully is only on her side of Rt 50.
> In every boundary dispute, she has voted to put
> those on the other side of 50 "on the bus" to a
> different school.
>
> Before the last election, she manipulated her own
> area twice:
> 1..First to get all day K for her neighborhood
> school by putting in low income kids.
> 2. When all schools got all day K, Kathy sent the
> low income kids to a different school.

This is true. She is truly a conniving bitch who looks out for Greenbriar and will throw the rest of Sully into the toilet. Do not vote for this two-faced skank. She is evil incarnate and just another New Jersey carpetbagger who moved here after destroyed her home state and, like locust, moved on to destroy another fertile field with her devouring and insatiable appetite for other peoples money.

Date: July 12, 2015 12:19PM

Happy Birthday Brian.

If Smith's version is accurate, then yes, it is unacceptable. BUT let's remember that the only version of the story we have here is her version.

By Smith's own admission she was on the other woman's property. We don't know how aggressive Smith was in pursuing the conversation. We don't know if Smith tripped on her own feet, we don't know if the other person ever touched her. We do know from the police report that the woman was in an agitated state by the time the police arrived.

The fact that Smith has publicized this makes me take her statements, which are obviously self-serving, with a grain of salt.

Posted by: i have a question ()
Date: July 12, 2015 12:37PM

Who contacted the newspaper?

Posted by: Wapo ()
Date: July 12, 2015 01:14PM

Judging by this comment, it was Fatty Kathy herself who contacted the press:

“She came after me,” Smith said. “She tore the clipboard out of my hands and started shoving me. And then she grabbed the sunglasses off my face.”

Date: July 12, 2015 01:23PM

Thucydides Wrote:
> Happy Birthday Brian.
>
> If Smith's version is accurate, then yes, it is
> unacceptable. BUT let's remember that the only
> version of the story we have here is her version.
>
>
> By Smith's own admission she was on the other
> woman's property. We don't know how aggressive
> Smith was in pursuing the conversation. We don't
> know if Smith tripped on her own feet, we don't
> know if the other person ever touched her. We do
> know from the police report that the woman was in
> an agitated state by the time the police arrived.
>
>
> The fact that Smith has publicized this makes me
> take her statements, which are obviously
> self-serving, with a grain of salt.

There's no reason to doubt what Kathy said as it was reported in the Post article. It doesn't matter whether Kathy was on the woman's property or not - you don't have the power to violently eject someone from your property, even if they're trespassing. Asking them to leave, and then prosecuting if they fail to do so is it.

It doesn't matter how aggressive Kathy may have been in pursuing the conversation - there's literally nothing she could have said that should have been met with an attack. There was enough going on that a passerby intervened and police felt it sufficient to arrest Ichord. If it were just an embellishment, it would never have gone any farther.

Again, it is sad that given the state of our politics people are actually questioning whether something even happened here.

At the very least, I think we can all say that candidates shouldn't be attacked while going door-to-door, and that this situation shouldn't have happened.

Posted by: Brian, I agree ()
Date: July 12, 2015 01:29PM

Brian, I agree with what you say--but if you read the Post article, the information is coming directly from Kathy Smith. Since there was an arrest, I assume that there is some truth to it--but we have not heard the other side of the story.

Remember, Michael Brown never had his hands up--but the policeman was convicted in the media. Let's hear the other side of the story.

Posted by: Snake Eater ()
Date: July 12, 2015 03:09PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Then again, you'd have to be certifiable to pick a fight with
> me. That other candidates and elected officials
> don't have that luxury.....

Is that a challenge? What makes you so super scary?

Posted by: FCPD Watch ()
Date: July 12, 2015 03:28PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:

> There was enough
> going on that a passerby intervened and police
> felt it sufficient to arrest Ichord. If it were
> just an embellishment, it would never have gone
> any farther.
>

Wrong. And you know that.

An allegation of assault almost always results in an arrest in Fairfax County. An allegation by someone with political might ALWAYS results in an arrest. A police officer would be risking his job not to arrest someone in this situation. As the saying goes: Those on the ground go to the hospital. Those standing go to jail. Kathy Smith knows the words to use to ensure an arrest. The homeowner is more likely to say something to give the officer probable cause. The officer will take the safest option.

If the complainant was someone selling windows, siding and roofs, or a neighbor, or a religious zealot, then you would expect to hear nothing further.

If the politician was the alleged aggressor, or in the wrong in a traffic accident, you would also hear nothing further.

But when the politician claims victim status, you know there is a Chapter 2 to be published.

Whether Kathy Smith embellished her account is for the courts to decide, not the police officer.

Watch, and see if I am correct.

Posted by: YnKu6 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 04:00PM

fairfax county now has many varieties of administrative boundries (ie, not by supervisor). infact i'm in a bermuda triangle where a variety of boundries overlap.

chaning administrative of boundries is usually done by peopel trying to gain or attack land value - and change where taxes are headed. it's never done for legitimate reasons

another reason they do it is FRAUD. when admin. dist. change, liability of what area is responsible for what proper gov action becomes unclear. changing out boundries, and keeping several sets of boundries, allows CRIMINAL in fx. co. gov to avoid liability

the woman may well have had a perfect right to take the clipboard an slap the lady

Posted by: bn4wD ()
Date: July 12, 2015 04:03PM

where i live democrats sought to change the district of from an upper class to a lower class district. EVERYONE VOTED NO.

later the county redistricted anyway, despite the "NO" vote. (same with speed cameras: everyone voted NO)

-------------------
today it's been redistricted again and a DC city employee is getting the taxes off whitey houses. this person getting the money from DC NEVER got elected - it was a "default seat filled by fairfax county appointment" - filled because there was a seat created after re-districting

Posted by: pxuXL ()
Date: July 12, 2015 04:04PM

we have people who aren't even fucking from fairfax handling money for districts they never ran for election for

AND NO JUST ONE

Posted by: GbxbV ()
Date: July 12, 2015 04:04PM

let's see you put that on a wet smith chart

Date: July 12, 2015 04:37PM

Brian - you are wrong.

There was nothing sufficient at the incident to cite the woman or arrest her, so therefore the police didn't arrest her.

It was only after the incident and likely after the press had been called that Smith pressed charges and filed a complaint.

At this point, all we have is the incident as described by Kathy Smith and the comments of a police spokesperson. Until the facts can be established by having both sides cases presented, I think it is pretty premature to jump to any conclusions.

Posted by: sher ()
Date: July 12, 2015 04:58PM

that homeowner isn't alone in her frustration with smith

Date: July 12, 2015 06:11PM

Snake Eater Wrote:
> BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Then again, you'd have to be certifiable to pick
> a fight with
> > me. That other candidates and elected officials
> > don't have that luxury.....
>
> Is that a challenge? What makes you so super
> scary?

I'm big.

Date: July 12, 2015 06:17PM

Thucydides Wrote:
> Brian - you are wrong.
>
> There was nothing sufficient at the incident to
> cite the woman or arrest her, so therefore the
> police didn't arrest her.
>
> It was only after the incident and likely after
> the press had been called that Smith pressed
> charges and filed a complaint.
>
> At this point, all we have is the incident as
> described by Kathy Smith and the comments of a
> police spokesperson. Until the facts can be
> established by having both sides cases presented,
> I think it is pretty premature to jump to any
> conclusions.

The article indicates an arrest was made. That means there was sufficient evidence to convince a magistrate to sign the warrant. That's good enough for me to give Kathy the benefit of the doubt.

Regardless, the facts here aren't really that disputed - Kathy was attacked while door knocking. That's not okay, and it doesn't really matter how big an attack it was.

Again, it's a sad state that we're in that we can't even take at face value something like this without some people cheering it (not only here on FFU - that's to be expected) and without some people claiming it's all a political lie.

That's just sad.

Posted by: funny guy ()
Date: July 12, 2015 06:19PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Snake Eater Wrote:
> -----
> > BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Then again, you'd have to be certifiable to
> pick
> > a fight with
> > > me. That other candidates and elected
> officials
> > > don't have that luxury.....
> >
> > Is that a challenge? What makes you so super
> > scary?
>
> I'm big.

But not where it counts!

Posted by: Long memory ()
Date: July 12, 2015 08:07PM

The whole South Lakes redistricting exercise was the most egregious piece of political shananighans I've seen since moving here.

The way the whole process was run was a disgrace, particularly the way that the scope was drawn to include the Madison Island solely to make the areas look balanced yet not upset the Langley mafia.

When you have people coming en mass from areas such as Herndon to vote for any plan that would exclude their school from the process regardless of who it threw under the bus - and admit to it, then you know that you have a serious problem.

The whole affair was solely about redistricting the historically poor performance of South Lakes - regardless of whether it meant moving people unwillingly from an AP to IB school etc

I'm not surprised the woman was still angry. I'm surprised its taken this long for the anger to bubble over.

The board behaved extremely poorly throughout the entire process and failed entirely to listen to the public's anger, which was very clear.

Date: July 12, 2015 08:33PM

When everything else is politicized Brian, then what else can you expect when a candidate who is "attacked" drums up press about it.

And it is not like there are not recent local examples of politicians loosing their own cool. Jim Moran is a perfect example. Every couple of years or so someone on the Hill looses their sense of decorum and throws a punch or says something that could put them on the receiving end of a punch.

Did something happen? Yes. Do we know what happened? No. We have heard one side of the story, and I'm sorry, but in this day and age consider me one who treats all one sided reports with a deep sense of skepticism and in some cases even cynicism.

Posted by: Snake Eater ()
Date: July 12, 2015 08:53PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Snake Eater Wrote:
> -----
> > BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Then again, you'd have to be certifiable to
> pick
> > a fight with
> > > me. That other candidates and elected
> officials
> > > don't have that luxury.....
> >
> > Is that a challenge? What makes you so super
> > scary?
>
> I'm big.

So you are one those big dudes that likes to think they can intimidate people using their size? I know a few 5'5" dudes that would have you in a submission hold crying for mercy in about 30 seconds. "I'm big" .... you are a fucking tool.

Posted by: Newspaper Reporter Nine ()
Date: July 12, 2015 09:05PM

I also think it might be best to wait and see both sides of the story. It appears that there was no arrest at the scene. The homeowner "turned herself in" later. That would lead me to believe that the case was not as clear-cut as the WP story presents.

That being said - I totally agree - nothing justifies an actual physical assault of a candidate going door-to-door. But a good "tar-and-feathering" on occasion might be in order.

Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: July 12, 2015 09:20PM

Long memory Wrote:
> The whole South Lakes redistricting exercise was
> the most egregious piece of political shananighans
> I've seen since moving here.
>
> The way the whole process was run was a disgrace,
> particularly the way that the scope was drawn to
> include the Madison Island solely to make the
> areas look balanced yet not upset the Langley
> mafia.
>
> When you have people coming en mass from areas
> such as Herndon to vote for any plan that would
> exclude their school from the process regardless
> of who it threw under the bus - and admit to it,
> then you know that you have a serious problem.
>
> The whole affair was solely about redistricting
> the historically poor performance of South Lakes -
> regardless of whether it meant moving people
> unwillingly from an AP to IB school etc
>
> I'm not surprised the woman was still angry. I'm
> surprised its taken this long for the anger to
> bubble over.
>
> The board behaved extremely poorly throughout the
> entire process and failed entirely to listen to
> the public's anger, which was very clear.

And, the result per the CIP...

Tiny, lovely, delicate little flower South Lakes becomes one of the largest HSes in FCPS/the Commonwealth, for a $14M nearly all of which is unfunded.

And, finally, the missing Oak Hill HS. OHHS, on the books (again) for a projected $120M with its round of boundary changes for the next generation of the same set of victims.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: July 12, 2015 10:15PM

Snake Eater:
Attachments:
little man.jpg

Posted by: opportunity knockz ()
Date: July 12, 2015 10:20PM

I still can't get over the police taking a politician's word on this altercation.

Q. How do you know when a politician is lying.
A. When their lips move.

Date: July 12, 2015 11:03PM

Snake Eater Wrote:

> So you are one those big dudes that likes to think
> they can intimidate people using their size? I
> know a few 5'5" dudes that would have you in a
> submission hold crying for mercy in about 30
> seconds. "I'm big" .... you are a fucking tool.

I'm one of those big dudes who would just have to sit on the 5'5" dude and be done with it. But, again, nobody bothers with me.

Date: July 12, 2015 11:27PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Thucydides Wrote:
> -----
> > Brian - you are wrong.
> >
> > There was nothing sufficient at the incident to
> > cite the woman or arrest her, so therefore the
> > police didn't arrest her.
> >
> > It was only after the incident and likely after
> > the press had been called that Smith pressed
> > charges and filed a complaint.
> >
> > At this point, all we have is the incident as
> > described by Kathy Smith and the comments of a
> > police spokesperson. Until the facts can be
> > established by having both sides cases
> presented,
> > I think it is pretty premature to jump to any
> > conclusions.
>
> The article indicates an arrest was made. That
> means there was sufficient evidence to convince a
> magistrate to sign the warrant. That's good enough
> for me to give Kathy the benefit of the doubt.
>
> Regardless, the facts here aren't really that
> disputed - Kathy was attacked while door knocking.
> That's not okay, and it doesn't really matter how
> big an attack it was.
>
> Again, it's a sad state that we're in that we
> can't even take at face value something like this
> without some people cheering it (not only here on
> FFU - that's to be expected) and without some
> people claiming it's all a political lie.
>
> That's just sad.

I agree, Brian. It is sad. Moreover, what a perfect opportunity missed!

The resident missed an ideal opportunity to verbally express her issues directly with a board member, while on her own turf!

Discuss, dialogue, debate, or even argue, without getting emotional or taking it personally.

Debating issues or merely having honest dialogue is a skill missing in our society.
Attachments:
big man.jpg

Date: July 12, 2015 11:58PM

How about this?
Attachments:
BrianSchoeneman?.jpg

Date: July 13, 2015 12:07AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:

>
> The article indicates an arrest was made. That
> means there was sufficient evidence to convince a
> magistrate to sign the warrant. That's good enough
> for me to give Kathy the benefit of the doubt.
>
> Regardless, the facts here aren't really that
> disputed - Kathy was attacked while door knocking.
> That's not okay, and it doesn't really matter how
> big an attack it was.

Sorry, but had to come back to this.

First, in our system of justice, it is the accused that deserves the benefit of the doubt for they are innocent until proven guilty. All the arrest warrant shows is that there is an aggrieved party.

Second, since we have only heard from one party, you cannot say that the facts "aren't really that disputed." Only time will tell whether they are.

Date: July 13, 2015 12:36AM

Thucydides Wrote:

> Sorry, but had to come back to this.
>
> First, in our system of justice, it is the accused
> that deserves the benefit of the doubt for they
> are innocent until proven guilty. All the arrest
> warrant shows is that there is an aggrieved party.
>
>
> Second, since we have only heard from one party,
> you cannot say that the facts "aren't really that
> disputed." Only time will tell whether they are.

This isn't a court. We're not a jury.

Bottom line - this shouldn't have happened, and it's a sad indictment on our politics that it did happen, and that folks are more willing to lawyer the Post article than reflect on what's causing this kind of thing - and the reactions to this kind of thing.

Posted by: notbrianschoeneman.com ()
Date: July 13, 2015 12:51AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:

>
> Bottom line - this shouldn't have happened,

Correct. Kathy Smith should never have tried to turn this minor incident into a media event.

That it backfired and caused everyone to remember her involvement with, "South Lakes redistricting exercise was the most egregious piece of political shenanigans," is justice itself.

Posted by: memories... ()
Date: July 13, 2015 05:46AM

To the poster who said what an opportunity it was to speak to the politician, you don't know Kathy. There were many meetings with Kathy during this period. Believe me, she knew the issues. She didn't care.

There was a meeting at Chantilly during this period when Kathy and Stu were there to meet with the community.

They sat with their backs to the community. Seriously. People were emotional--but this was one of the saddest indictments of politics that I have ever seen. They had made their decisions long before any community involvement. Sure, there may have been a little tweaking--but not much.

An example, the SB voted to build Westfield. Then, they expanded it. But, when this redistricting started, they decided that, even though they had just built a school that could hold 3,000, that the "optimum" size was "2000". This was the only way they could justify moving so many kids out of Westfield.

Voters, when you go to the polls to vote for Supervisor of Sully, please remember that Kathy Smith was the assistant ringleader of these decisions. This is more than "think about the kids", this was pure politics at its worst. She was doing a political favor for her fellow board member, Stu Gibson. There was no need for any of Sully district to have been involved in this move. There was not a problem in Sully.

The SB made a big deal of doing this with community involvement. But, that was only for show. South Lakes PTA was the driver--there were even documents posted on this forum that proved that all of this was planned by the South Lakes PTA with Stu Gibson.

If I recall, Janie's kids were kept out of the mix although they were the more logical ones to reassign.

Posted by: WingNut Just Passing Through ()
Date: July 13, 2015 08:09AM

@BrianSchoeneman- seriously fuck yourself dude.

You don't know WTF happened and you want to jump on this to present yourself as a political moderate and criticize "the tone"?

Give me a fucking break.

This event may have occurred EXACTLY as the police report stated, but no one has had a day in court yet and no one has been convicted of SHIT.

You're trying for a career in politics, you know this better than anyone. Why the rush to jump on the bandwagon like the progressives do so often?

Ever see a bitch fight before? Almost always clumsy, sloppy and emotional. Can you picture a scenario where Smith annoyed the homeowner and then played up the "assault" angle because she dropped her flyers or got scared for some reason?

Dude, you don't know what fucking happened.

Stop fronting and trying to play this level-headed role. You would be politically scared shitless to call out indicted parties in other high profile cases- Trayon, Ferguson etc.

GO sell insurance or lobby or do whatever the fuck you do to feed your family.

You don't have the nuts to get my vote after this bullshit.

Posted by: Reality Checks ()
Date: July 13, 2015 08:52AM

memories... Wrote:

> There were many meetings with Kathy during this
> period. Believe me, she knew the issues. She
> didn't care.
>
> They had made their decisions
> long before any community involvement. Sure,
> there may have been a little tweaking--but not
> much.
>

School closings and redistrictings are ALWAYS decided long before public meetings. The board and Gatehouse staff go back and forth for months deciding the details, treating the "members" (that would be your children) as merely the statistical groups that they are.

Then they try to sell it the best they can before voting.

Posted by: WTOP ()
Date: July 13, 2015 08:53AM

Kathy Smith has scheduled a news conference today at 12:15 pm to discuss the incident.

Posted by: Not A Fan ()
Date: July 13, 2015 09:15AM

Kathy Smith has never served anyone but herself and a few of her neighbors in Poplar Tree. That has been true as far back as I can remember.

All of this continuous fodder over this incident is nothing more than getting and keeping her name out in the media because it helps her campaign.

She will milk this thing for days.........

Posted by: ambulance ()
Date: July 13, 2015 09:24AM

She wasn't hurt--but an ambulance was called because she had tightening in her chest? Drama much?

And, she thinks she can handle being a supervisor?

Posted by: JkJkJk ()
Date: July 13, 2015 10:05AM

ambulance Wrote:
> She wasn't hurt--but an ambulance was called
> because she had tightening in her chest? Drama
> much?
>
> And, she thinks she can handle being a supervisor?

Calling an ambulance for chest tightness, particularly in a middle-aged woman, is standard protocol. How many Supervisors have been shoved and had somebody grabbing at their glasses? I would love to hear the story of the lady who assaulted her.

Date: July 13, 2015 10:30AM

WingNut Just Passing Through Wrote:
> @BrianSchoeneman- seriously fuck yourself dude.
>
> You don't know WTF happened and you want to jump
> on this to present yourself as a political
> moderate and criticize "the tone"?
>
> Give me a fucking break.
>
> This event may have occurred EXACTLY as the police
> report stated, but no one has had a day in court
> yet and no one has been convicted of SHIT.
>
> You're trying for a career in politics, you know
> this better than anyone. Why the rush to jump on
> the bandwagon like the progressives do so often?
>
> Ever see a bitch fight before? Almost always
> clumsy, sloppy and emotional. Can you picture a
> scenario where Smith annoyed the homeowner and
> then played up the "assault" angle because she
> dropped her flyers or got scared for some reason?
>
>
> Dude, you don't know what fucking happened.
>
>
> Stop fronting and trying to play this level-headed
> role. You would be politically scared shitless to
> call out indicted parties in other high profile
> cases- Trayon, Ferguson etc.
>
> GO sell insurance or lobby or do whatever the fuck
> you do to feed your family.
>
> You don't have the nuts to get my vote after this
> bullshit.

Stop whining.

We do know what happened - there's a Post story about it, and I don't need a police report or to have witnessed the event to comment that this kind of thing should never happen.

It's pathetic that instead of recognizing that it's utterly absurd for someone to assault a candidate for office period, you guys are trying to play the "everyone is entitled to their day in court" line while accusing Kathy of political hype.

Whether she's trying to get a few minutes of traction out of this story doesn't matter - of course she is. She's a politician. The point isn't about her. It's the larger message, and that's what I've been saying - it's insane that she would be physically attacked while knocking doors, and it's even more insane that you and others like you would rather debate the finer points of criminal law than accept that.

This isn't a murder case. It's just another story about how screwed up our politics are today. That's it.

Posted by: HI Brian ()
Date: July 13, 2015 10:36AM

I don't like what the poster is saying, I just think that many of us who have experience with Kathy have doubts that she was physically attacked.

If the woman attacked her, there is no excuse--but, my bet is that Kathy drops the charges before the other side of the story gets out. Win/win for Kathy.

Date: July 13, 2015 10:38AM

HI Brian Wrote:
> I don't like what the poster is saying, I just
> think that many of us who have experience with
> Kathy have doubts that she was physically
> attacked.
>
> If the woman attacked her, there is no
> excuse--but, my bet is that Kathy drops the
> charges before the other side of the story gets
> out. Win/win for Kathy.

I know Kathy pretty well, and I've got a nice stack of oppo research on her. But nothing in there indicates to me that she would lie about something like this, including getting someone arrested falsely.

I don't like her record on the School Board and I don't want to see her as my Supervisor, but I don't think she'd go this far out of her way for headlines. I don't know many people in local politics who would.

Posted by: we'll see ()
Date: July 13, 2015 10:42AM

She's probably never lied to you.

Posted by: put up or shut up ()
Date: July 13, 2015 10:46AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> HI Brian Wrote:

> I
> don't think she'd go this far out of her way for
> headlines. I don't know many people in local
> politics who would.

Tell us which ones would lie Brian.

Posted by: No, Brian, NO. ()
Date: July 13, 2015 12:30PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:

it's insane that she would
> be physically attacked while knocking doors, and
> it's even more insane that you and others like you
> would rather debate the finer points of criminal
> law than accept that.
>

Number of politicians whining about having their clipboard yanked by an angry voter: 1

Number of illegal voters in Fairfax County: Dozens (said Brian a few months ago)

Number of voters attacked by Illegals in Fairfax County: Way Too Many

Irony of all this: PRICELESS!

Date: July 13, 2015 01:02PM

put up or shut up Wrote:
> BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> -----
> > HI Brian Wrote:
>
> > I
> > don't think she'd go this far out of her way
> for
> > headlines. I don't know many people in local
> > politics who would.
>
> Tell us which ones would lie Brian.

Most of them live in Loudoun.

Posted by: WAPO! ()
Date: July 13, 2015 01:25PM

Just because it's in the WAPO doesn't mean it's true.

Key words; alleged, according to, so and so stated, etc.

Good chance it isn't accurate if it's published in the Post.

Posted by: WAPO/USA9 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 04:27PM

Just watched Smith's interview on Channel 9--and then reread WAPO article. I see a pretty big discrepancy in her story. If you have time, I suggest you do the same. Be interesting to see if anyone else catches it.

Posted by: Opportunity Knockz ()
Date: July 13, 2015 04:55PM

WAPO/USA9 Wrote:
> Just watched Smith's interview on Channel 9--and
> then reread WAPO article. I see a pretty big
> discrepancy in her story. If you have time, I
> suggest you do the same. Be interesting to see if
> anyone else catches it.

She really is milking her 15 minutes of fame! Her actions give a lot of credibility to those questioning her motives and honesty in her version of the altercation.

Looks like Brian prematurely convicted Ms. Ichord on social media and FFXU.

Posted by: Not A Fan ()
Date: July 13, 2015 05:07PM

She's a full blown anaconda snake.

She is smart enough to make people believe in her crap as long as they don't look to closely or for too long.

I have talked to her several times about several issues over the years. She is a born politico with her own personal agenda. She will let you think she is listening, but actually she is just listening to gather info for her own agenda.

She is a microcosm of Hillary............both of them are dangerous.

Posted by: what has she accomplished? ()
Date: July 13, 2015 05:10PM

What has Smith done for our kids? What are her accomplishments?

Posted by: smoking gun ()
Date: July 13, 2015 05:18PM

"ICHORD ","PAMELA ","S","047"," 12610","MISTY CREEK ","LA","FAIRFAX ","VA","11/13/2004","FAIL OBEY STOP/YLD-SGN "

Posted by: lolll ()
Date: July 13, 2015 07:51PM

dumb liberals

Posted by: GTUcH ()
Date: July 13, 2015 07:58PM

^^ ditto

Posted by: just curious ()
Date: July 13, 2015 08:41PM

The alleged attacker is a 58 year old woman. How old is Kathy Smith? Anyone know?

Posted by: strunk ()
Date: July 13, 2015 09:06PM

Not A Fan Wrote:
> She's a full blown anaconda snake.
>
> She is smart enough to make people believe in her
> crap as long as they don't look to closely or for
> too long.
>
> I have talked to her several times about several
> issues over the years. She is a born politico with
> her own personal agenda. She will let you think
> she is listening, but actually she is just
> listening to gather info for her own agenda.
>
> She is a microcosm of Hillary............both of
> them are dangerous.

You are a random sentence generator.

Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: July 13, 2015 10:39PM

memories... Wrote:

>
> An example, the SB voted to build Westfield.
> Then, they expanded it. But, when this
> redistricting started, they decided that, even
> though they had just built a school that could
> hold 3,000, that the "optimum" size was "2000".
> This was the only way they could justify moving so
> many kids out of Westfield.
>

Worse... Built at 2500 when the official limit when built for "new schools" was 2000. Immediately expanded to 3100.

Then, during the redistricting the "optimum size" was 2000 based on a "reaffirmed" policy (actually reworded/weakened...) for NEW schools.

And, of course, within months of the redistricting, capacity limited to 2850 so above capacity and ineligible for transfers.

Now below even the reduced capacity.

Meanwhile... South Lake's modernization to 2100 and now needs an expansion to deal with a 600 kid overcapacity.

And, of course, the undercapacity/overcapacity was forecasted by FairfaxCaps using Staff's numbers and dismissed by Tisdadt and the Board as the product of a bunch of racist bigots...

What's a few tens of millions at the taxpayer's expense as long as the people responsible for the travesty don't have to pay for it.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 14, 2015 06:12AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> WingNut Just Passing Through Wrote:
> -----
> > @BrianSchoeneman- seriously fuck yourself dude.
> >
> > You don't know WTF happened and you want to
> jump
> > on this to present yourself as a political
> > moderate and criticize "the tone"?
> >
> > Give me a fucking break.
> >
> > This event may have occurred EXACTLY as the
> police
> > report stated, but no one has had a day in
> court
> > yet and no one has been convicted of SHIT.
> >
> > You're trying for a career in politics, you
> know
> > this better than anyone. Why the rush to jump
> on
> > the bandwagon like the progressives do so
> often?
> >
> > Ever see a bitch fight before? Almost always
> > clumsy, sloppy and emotional. Can you picture a
> > scenario where Smith annoyed the homeowner and
> > then played up the "assault" angle because she
> > dropped her flyers or got scared for some
> reason?
> >
> >
> > Dude, you don't know what fucking happened.
> >
> >
> > Stop fronting and trying to play this
> level-headed
> > role. You would be politically scared shitless
> to
> > call out indicted parties in other high profile
> > cases- Trayon, Ferguson etc.
> >
> > GO sell insurance or lobby or do whatever the
> fuck
> > you do to feed your family.
> >
> > You don't have the nuts to get my vote after
> this
> > bullshit.
>
> Stop whining.
>
> We do know what happened - there's a Post story
> about it, and I don't need a police report or to
> have witnessed the event to comment that this kind
> of thing should never happen.
>
> It's pathetic that instead of recognizing that
> it's utterly absurd for someone to assault a
> candidate for office period, you guys are trying
> to play the "everyone is entitled to their day in
> court" line while accusing Kathy of political
> hype.
>
> Whether she's trying to get a few minutes of
> traction out of this story doesn't matter - of
> course she is. She's a politician. The point isn't
> about her. It's the larger message, and that's
> what I've been saying - it's insane that she would
> law than accept that.
>
> This isn't a murder case. It's just another story
> about how screwed up our politics are today.
> That's it.

"How screwed up our politics have become"

Again, you weren't there, I wasn't there, STFU. I thought much, much better of you, but it's obvious now you want to use some unresolved incident as an(other) opportunity to brand yourself.

Come on, do you have a dozen or so dumpy soccer mom's who read your posts here and will vote for you?

"Oh wow, Brian is such a nice guy, such a voice of moderation"

You're persuading NOBODY.

Here I'll help you out-

Official statement from Brian Schoenman- "While I couldn't disagree more with the policies of Smith and the damage they've done to our community, I disagree more with the POSSIBILITY of physical confrontations arising from these policies. If these allegations prove true, it will be a disgrace, but let's wait until this case is adjudicated before we cast judgement."

Would that have been so fucking hard, or such a stretch?

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: rightwing nutjobs who watch Fox ()
Date: July 14, 2015 06:20AM

WingNut Wrote:
> Again, you weren't there, I wasn't there, STFU. I
> thought much, much better of you, but it's obvious
> now you want to use some unresolved incident as
> an(other) opportunity to brand yourself.
>
> Come on, do you have a dozen or so dumpy soccer
> mom's who read your posts here and will vote for
> you?
>
>
> "Oh wow, Brian is such a nice guy, such a voice of
> moderation"
>
> You're persuading NOBODY.
>
> Here I'll help you out-
>
> Official statement from Brian Schoenman- "While I
> couldn't disagree more with the policies of Smith
> and the damage they've done to our community, I
> disagree more with the POSSIBILITY of physical
> confrontations arising from these policies. If
> these allegations prove true, it will be a
> disgrace, but let's wait until this case is
> adjudicated before we cast judgement."
>
>
> Would that have been so fucking hard, or such a
> stretch?

It's almost always some stupid redneck or teabagger who threaten politicians with "take our govt. back" or yell stuff about "2nd amendment solutions", no one should be surprised by any of this behavior.

Date: July 14, 2015 06:21AM

The important part to remember in any physical confrontation between two females is that the severity of the situation is often quite exaggerated.

Women are prone to hysteria when physical events occur. I will just about always give a woman the benefit of the doubt in cases involving abuse with a male partner. But when two women fight, often the emotion takes over and wild allegations and exaggerations occur. I think any cop would tell you the same.

The complainant could well be telling 100% truth. Smith may have been attacked by a fucking nutty bitch out of the blue. There are some lunatics out there, this woman may be one of them. Totally plausible.

The complainant could also be full of shit. She is in politics after all, no? The homeowner may have raised her voice in anger or confronted Smith in a threatening way. Smith gets flustered, drops her stuff, has a hissy attack. The fact that she called an ambulance and sought the press seem pretty goddammed histrionic.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: July 14, 2015 06:22AM

rightwing nutjobs who watch Fox Wrote:
> WingNut Wrote:
> -----
> > Again, you weren't there, I wasn't there, STFU.
> I
> > thought much, much better of you, but it's
> obvious
> > now you want to use some unresolved incident as
> > an(other) opportunity to brand yourself.
> >
> > Come on, do you have a dozen or so dumpy soccer
> > mom's who read your posts here and will vote
> for
> > you?
> >
> >
> > "Oh wow, Brian is such a nice guy, such a voice
> of
> > moderation"
> >
> > You're persuading NOBODY.
> >
> > Here I'll help you out-
> >
> > Official statement from Brian Schoenman- "While
> I
> > couldn't disagree more with the policies of
> Smith
> > and the damage they've done to our community, I
> > disagree more with the POSSIBILITY of physical
> > confrontations arising from these policies. If
> > these allegations prove true, it will be a
> > disgrace, but let's wait until this case is
> > adjudicated before we cast judgement."
> >
> >
> > Would that have been so fucking hard, or such a
> > stretch?
>
>
> It's almost always some stupid redneck or
> teabagger who threaten politicians with "take our
> govt. back" or yell stuff about "2nd amendment
> solutions", no one should be surprised by any of
> this behavior.

"Progressives" bought "Hands up, don't shoot", no?

Date: July 14, 2015 07:29AM

WingNut Wrote:

> "How screwed up our politics have become"
>
>
> Again, you weren't there, I wasn't there, STFU. I
> thought much, much better of you, but it's obvious
> now you want to use some unresolved incident as
> an(other) opportunity to brand yourself.
>
> Come on, do you have a dozen or so dumpy soccer
> mom's who read your posts here and will vote for
> you?
>
>
> "Oh wow, Brian is such a nice guy, such a voice of
> moderation"
>
> You're persuading NOBODY.
>
> Here I'll help you out-
>
> Official statement from Brian Schoenman- "While I
> couldn't disagree more with the policies of Smith
> and the damage they've done to our community, I
> disagree more with the POSSIBILITY of physical
> confrontations arising from these policies. If
> these allegations prove true, it will be a
> disgrace, but let's wait until this case is
> adjudicated before we cast judgement."
>
>
> Would that have been so fucking hard, or such a
> stretch?

No, I want to use this opportunity to make a statement about the fact that this kind of incident reflects a dysfunctional political reality - that somebody could be so angry about something that happened years ago that they'd assault a candidate for office is nuts.

If I wanted to say what you wrote, I would have said it. But I'm trying to make a larger point than just what happened here.

I'm almost as disgusted about how you and others are reacting to this story as I am that the incident occurred in the first place. Almost no one would make up a story like this, especially when it highlights one of their biggest liabilities - that boundary dispute is a huge political negative for her. That it caused her to be assaulted by a hardcore Democrat is not a story you put out there for sympathy.

I'm not running for anything, so I could care less what anybody thinks about me. What I care about is that this nonsense should not be happening, and I'm going to say so. Somebody on my side of the aisle needs to stand up and say this kind of thing isn't okay. Nobody else is doing it, so I guess I will.

Date: July 14, 2015 08:04AM

Fair enough, Schoeneman, I appreciate your sentiment to a point, but I still think this is something to lay off and find the facts about.

Physical confrontations should never be a part of the dialog but passion should be.

Example- President Obama told Americans like myself dozens of times that "if we like our health care plan, we can keep our health care plan. Period" This statement was a lie. It wasn't a misstatement, Obama was surely not mistaken- he knowingly lied to the American people. I didn't "keep my health plan", my rates went up, my deductible went up.

So "The president is liar" is a true statement. Any man who wants my respect must be willing to call a liar a liar, especially if it is true. Tell me where I am wrong.

You sound like a smart guy, I've heard you on the radio around the state recount and I have and probably still will consider your analysis here. What you said sounded very cliched and canned. If you want to try the Megan McCain/Lindsey Graham mode of discourse, I guarantee you are going to be playing fantasy football instead of campaigning in the Fall.

Posted by: but??? ()
Date: July 14, 2015 08:06AM

No one is saying that attacking an elected official or candidate is ever o.k. Acts of intimidation (from either direction) can not be tolerated in our political process or we will all suffer.

That doesn't mean that this particular attack isn't odd or shocking. And it doesn't mean that we've heard both sides of the story - there are two sides remember.

Of course elected officials/candidates should be able to walk around safely in public and go door to door if they wish.

Date: July 14, 2015 08:11AM

but??? Wrote:
> No one is saying that attacking an elected
> official or candidate is ever o.k. Acts of
> intimidation (from either direction) can not be
> tolerated in our political process or we will all
> suffer.
>
> That doesn't mean that this particular attack
> isn't odd or shocking. And it doesn't mean that
> we've heard both sides of the story - there are
> two sides remember.
>
> Of course elected officials/candidates should be
> able to walk around safely in public and go door
> to door if they wish.

If the other woman is some crazy bitch and attacked, yes, punish her legally.

Politicians are fucking assholes though, and they will use their constituents own politeness against them, almost to the point of bullying.

I have no problem with someone getting verbally loud with any politician. A politician who lies to your face and expects civility and decorum deserves everything and anything short of the physical assault, which is illegal.

I'd like to hear both sides of the story too.

Posted by: dfdfdf ()
Date: July 14, 2015 08:33AM

Stop whining.

We do know what happened - there's a Post story about it, and I don't need a police report or to have witnessed the event to comment that this kind of thing should never happen.

It's pathetic that instead of recognizing that it's utterly absurd for someone to assault a candidate for office period, you guys are trying to play the "everyone is entitled to their day in court" line while accusing Kathy of political hype.

Whether she's trying to get a few minutes of traction out of this story doesn't matter - of course she is. She's a politician. The point isn't about her. It's the larger message, and that's what I've been saying - it's insane that she would be physically attacked while knocking doors, and it's even more insane that you and others like you would rather debate the finer points of criminal law than accept that.

This isn't a murder case. It's just another story about how screwed up our politics are today. That's it.

-------------------------------------

I knew I liked you, Brian.
Nobody should have their glasses pulled off. Politician, tree trimmer looking for work, nobody. If it happened, something is very wrong.
But, we all know there is something very wrong with things today.

Posted by: here's another question ()
Date: July 14, 2015 08:42AM

Look at the video on newschannel 9. Kathy said she was afraid she was going to be pushed down. Then, read the story. There is a difference.

Also, I don't understand why she was not taken to the ER. Everyone I know that has chest "tightening" has gone to the ER and made to go through a round of tests they don't want--even after it is determined that it is not a heart attack. They were told that was "protocol".

Why didn't Kathy press charges on the spot?

Some of this story does not add up.

I suspect that the woman was out of line and that the two got into a screaming match. Perhaps the woman pushed her--which is not acceptable. Maybe she took her clipboard--again, not acceptable.
But, the rest of the story just doesn't seem right. It smells.

Posted by: ruserious?? ()
Date: July 14, 2015 09:07AM

dfdfdf Wrote:
> Stop whining.
>
> We do know what happened - there's a Post story
> about it, and I don't need a police report or to
> have witnessed the event to comment that this kind
> of thing should never happen.
>
> It's pathetic that instead of recognizing that
> it's utterly absurd for someone to assault a
> candidate for office period, you guys are trying
> to play the "everyone is entitled to their day in
> court" line while accusing Kathy of political
> hype.
>
> course she is. She's a politician. The point isn't
> about her. It's the larger message, and that's
> what I've been saying - it's insane that she would
> law than accept that.
>
> This isn't a murder case. It's just another story
> about how screwed up our politics are today.
> That's it.
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> I knew I liked you, Brian.
> Nobody should have their glasses pulled off.
> Politician, tree trimmer looking for work, nobody.
> If it happened, something is very wrong.
> But, we all know there is something very wrong
> with things today.

We "know" what happened because there is a Post story about it? So now the Post is judge/Jury? God help us all.

Posted by: wankity_wank ()
Date: July 14, 2015 11:58AM

This entire site is overrun with anti-tax whiners. I've never seen a bigger haven for the whinging dregs of Fairfax County. Please, do us a favor and move to a poorer county, one with lower taxes, shitty schools, no jobs, no services, and no opportunity. Where crime is high and angry a-holes, like yourselves, attack political candidates in the street for something that happened seven years ago. wtf?

Posted by: dear clueless wankity ()
Date: July 14, 2015 12:30PM

wankity_wank Wrote:
> This entire site is overrun with anti-tax whiners.
> I've never seen a bigger haven for the whinging
> dregs of Fairfax County. Please, do us a favor and
> move to a poorer county, one with lower taxes,
> shitty schools, no jobs, no services, and no
> opportunity. Where crime is high and angry
> a-holes, like yourselves, attack political
> candidates in the street for something that
> happened seven years ago. wtf?

How much have you read on this thread about taxes?

This is about a decision that had absolutely nothing to do with taxes. It is about a decision that was based on lies.
Because of that, people are raising questions about the veracity of the story. That is all.

If you want to vote for Ms Smith and let her raise your taxes, by all means, do so. If you think she has shown wise stewardship against all the evidence that says otherwise, then vote for her.

Posted by: This Is Just Sick ()
Date: July 14, 2015 12:50PM

You people are collectively a real piece of work. First you question Smith's veracity, then you imply that if the incident did happen she deserved it. You're probably thinking Smith is lucky the woman didn't bring out a gun and blow her away (which is what you armchair warriors would have done). And, of course, WingNut has to add his two cents - the whole thing was just a cat fight (you know how women are).

There is some bizarre pathology going on with the people on this site (see the relentless racist comments and porn and the interpersonal fueds, among other things). You people are one incident like this from completely losing it.

Posted by: another question ()
Date: July 14, 2015 12:50PM

wankity_wank Wrote:

If the candidate in question made poor decisions that made things extra difficult for your family, would you not be concerned?

If a candidate lied to you in the past, would you not be concerned?

If the candidate in question votes to spend money which does not help the kids but adds unneeded programs, would you be concerned?

If the candidate in question makes poor decisions for the schools, why do you think she will make good decisions on other issues? Do you really think she will help the crime situation when her favorite program is a useless twice a week class in a foreign language for elementary students? When we have classes that are bursting at the seams?

If the candidate in question is not just capable of walking away when confronted by an irate voter, do you really trust her with your tax money?

Posted by: another voter ()
Date: July 14, 2015 12:55PM

This Is Just Sick Wrote:
> You people are collectively a real piece of work.
> First you question Smith's veracity, then you
> imply that if the incident did happen she deserved
> it. You're probably thinking Smith is lucky the
> woman didn't bring out a gun and blow her away
> (which is what you armchair warriors would have
> done). And, of course, WingNut has to add his two
> cents - the whole thing was just a cat fight (you
> know how women are).
>
> There is some bizarre pathology going on with the
> people on this site (see the relentless racist
> comments and porn and the interpersonal fueds,
> among other things). You people are one incident
> like this from completely losing it.

This is not the same thread as those others. I think most people on this one agree that the comments on some other threads are just awful.
That has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Had it not been for this site, there are many things that the SB has done which would have been learned way after the fact.
You may not like it because it does not suit your point of view. Sorry. Why should we not question Smith's veracity? You can go to several communities within Sully and find specific examples of people who have problems with it.

Maybe honesty is not an important value to you.

Posted by: Fatty Kathy Milking Publicity ()
Date: July 14, 2015 05:21PM

I question Smith's veracity.

If the incident did happen she deserved it.

I think Smith is lucky the woman didn't bring out a gun and blow her away.

The whole thing was just a cat fight (you know how women are).

We are one incident like this from completely losing it.

Posted by: Herman k simpleton ()
Date: July 14, 2015 05:41PM

Sounds like some kind of lesbian spat that should be kept private. Come on people have some respect for your neighbor snatch monsters.

Posted by: gobacktoNJPANY ()
Date: July 14, 2015 06:17PM

wankity_wank Wrote:

Spoken like a true Northern invader that escaped the high tax-low performing schools-no jobs available-bureaucracy ridden-gehtto infested PA, NJ, and NY neighborhoods for NOVA. Not smart enough to realize their policies created the mess they are fleeing so they want to do it again in the South.

Date: July 14, 2015 08:25PM

Brian S. has some kind of information that indicates the attacker is also a "libtard". Brian uses the euphemism "democrat" but I think it is worth considering in deciding the merits of the case.

I can't see how any poster doesn't understand the difference between two 50 year old women fighting and two males fighting. Women fight very differently than men and they often overreact and respond with silly emotional drama, ie frivolous lawsuits, unnecessary cop calling or feigned injuries.

Not saying that is definitely what happened here, but I've seen it a few times before.

SOrry for being a natural skeptic, but Kathy L. Smith (who doesn't serve my district or matter to me whatsoever) has a reputation as a liar and frankly she looks like a fat miserable loudmouth.

Even if attacked by another lunatic from the same libtard henhouse, I'm really not ready to play "Hands Across America" and join Brian Schoeneman in denouncing the toxic partisanship or what the fuck ever.

I'm here for the LoLz.

Date: July 14, 2015 09:03PM

@wingnut - the alleged attacker is the daughter of a late Democrat Congressman. Granted the guy was from the conservative wing. Perhaps Brian knows through his own campaign activities.

Posted by: I google too ()
Date: July 14, 2015 09:07PM

Thucydides Wrote:
> @wingnut - the alleged attacker is the daughter of
> a late Democrat Congressman. Granted the guy was
> from the conservative wing. Perhaps Brian knows
> through his own campaign activities.

How do you know that? I googled, too, but I don't think the information matches. Could it be her father-in-law? I think someone on WAPO jumped to that conclusion.

Date: July 14, 2015 09:15PM

Thucydides Wrote:
> @wingnut - the alleged attacker is the daughter of
> a late Democrat Congressman. Granted the guy was
> from the conservative wing. Perhaps Brian knows
> through his own campaign activities.

Looks like the father or father in law was indeed an old school anti-Commie Dem, was even on HUAC. From Missouri.

Now this doesn't mean the daughter isn't an MSNBC zombie, I've seen a few respectable and prestigious conservative and/or military men have hippie offspring who are totally detached from reality.

Curious if a lawsuit will be filed too.

Posted by: wrong wrong ()
Date: July 14, 2015 09:15PM

I google too Wrote:
> Thucydides Wrote:
> -----
> > @wingnut - the alleged attacker is the daughter
> of
> > a late Democrat Congressman. Granted the guy
> was
> > from the conservative wing. Perhaps Brian
> knows
> > through his own campaign activities.
>
>
> How do you know that? I googled, too, but I don't
> think the information matches. Could it be her
> father-in-law? I think someone on WAPO jumped to
> that conclusion.

Pretty sure that is a different person. Someone writes it somewhere and it becomes fact. In this case, it is not.

Posted by: you are still wrong ()
Date: July 14, 2015 09:18PM

WingNut Wrote:
> Thucydides Wrote:
> -----
> > @wingnut - the alleged attacker is the daughter
> of
> > a late Democrat Congressman. Granted the guy
> was
> > from the conservative wing. Perhaps Brian
> knows
> > through his own campaign activities.
>
> Looks like the father or father in law was indeed
> an old school anti-Commie Dem, was even on HUAC.
> From Missouri.
>
> Now this doesn't mean the daughter isn't an MSNBC
> zombie, I've seen a few respectable and
> prestigious conservative and/or military men have
> hippie offspring who are totally detached from
> reality.
>
> Curious if a lawsuit will be filed too.

She is NOT the daughter of the congressman in question. She is NOT the daughter in law of the congressman in question. She has the same name. That is all.
After you google, trying piecing the puzzle together.

Date: July 14, 2015 09:20PM

you are still wrong Wrote:
> WingNut Wrote:
> -----
> > Thucydides Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > @wingnut - the alleged attacker is the
> daughter
> > of
> > > a late Democrat Congressman. Granted the guy
> > was
> > > from the conservative wing. Perhaps Brian
> > knows
> > > through his own campaign activities.
> >
> > Looks like the father or father in law was
> indeed
> > an old school anti-Commie Dem, was even on
> HUAC.
> > From Missouri.
> >
> > Now this doesn't mean the daughter isn't an
> MSNBC
> > zombie, I've seen a few respectable and
> > prestigious conservative and/or military men
> have
> > hippie offspring who are totally detached from
> > reality.
> >
> > Curious if a lawsuit will be filed too.
>
>
> She is NOT the daughter of the congressman in
> question. She is NOT the daughter in law of the
> congressman in question. She has the same name.
> That is all.
> After you google, trying piecing the puzzle
> together.

You watching the All Star game, Kathy?

Whatcha eatin"?

Posted by: You Jackass ()
Date: July 14, 2015 09:50PM

WingNut Wrote:
> Brian S. has some kind of information that
> indicates the attacker is also a "libtard". Brian
> uses the euphemism "democrat" but I think it is
> worth considering in deciding the merits of the
> case.
>
> I can't see how any poster doesn't understand the
> difference between two 50 year old women fighting
> and two males fighting. Women fight very
> differently than men and they often overreact and
> respond with silly emotional drama, ie frivolous
> lawsuits, unnecessary cop calling or feigned
> injuries.
>
> Not saying that is definitely what happened here,
> but I've seen it a few times before.
>
> SOrry for being a natural skeptic, but Kathy L.
> Smith (who doesn't serve my district or matter to
> me whatsoever) has a reputation as a liar and
> frankly she looks like a fat miserable loudmouth.
>
>
> Even if attacked by another lunatic from the same
> libtard henhouse, I'm really not ready to play
> "Hands Across America" and join Brian Schoeneman
> in denouncing the toxic partisanship or what the
> fuck ever.
>
> I'm here for the LoLz.

Thanks for clarifying your misogyny.

Date: July 14, 2015 10:04PM

You Jackass Wrote:
> WingNut Wrote:
> -----
> > Brian S. has some kind of information that
> > indicates the attacker is also a "libtard".
> Brian
> > uses the euphemism "democrat" but I think it is
> > worth considering in deciding the merits of the
> > case.
> >
> > I can't see how any poster doesn't understand
> the
> > difference between two 50 year old women
> fighting
> > and two males fighting. Women fight very
> > differently than men and they often overreact
> and
> > respond with silly emotional drama, ie
> frivolous
> > lawsuits, unnecessary cop calling or feigned
> > injuries.
> >
> > Not saying that is definitely what happened
> here,
> > but I've seen it a few times before.
> >
> > SOrry for being a natural skeptic, but Kathy L.
> > Smith (who doesn't serve my district or matter
> to
> > me whatsoever) has a reputation as a liar and
> > frankly she looks like a fat miserable
> loudmouth.
> >
> >
> > Even if attacked by another lunatic from the
> same
> > libtard henhouse, I'm really not ready to play
> > "Hands Across America" and join Brian
> Schoeneman
> > in denouncing the toxic partisanship or what
> the
> > fuck ever.
> >
> > I'm here for the LoLz.
>
> Thanks for clarifying your misogyny.

WTFever honey.

Date: July 14, 2015 10:13PM

I talked to colleagues with access to our internal primary voting history database, and she's a hardcore Dem that votes in Dem primaries. Which is likely why Kathy was knocking on her door, because right now she's going to be focusing on her base.

Date: July 14, 2015 10:31PM

Thanks Brian - that makes sense. Should have put that together that Kathy probably wouldn't have been knocking on GOP doors yet (although it says the woman was outside working in the yard and I have never known a candidate to pass up a target of opportunity.

And yes, I stand corrected - and just goes to show you can't trust what you read in the Post - this is a different Pam Ichord.

As for the whole media coverage, I still think we need to let this play out and not jump to conclusions about guilt or innocence. Seems to me this would have been one of the easiest questions to answer in terms of press coverage - what was the party ID of the accused.

Seeing as the press hasn't raised it, they either knew and chose not to provide it so as to let people draw their own conclusions that if a Dem was attacked, it must have been a crazy Republican or the reporters are too damn lazy and intellectually curious to make a quick call to the various parties to find out if someone is a registered and active D or R.

Posted by: FACTs are tough ()
Date: July 14, 2015 10:50PM

It is a fact that plenty of DEMs did not vote for Kathy in the last election. I know at least one very active Dem who was handing out flyers who told me she was not voting for Kathy because of the boundary issue and all the lies. (She did not tell me while she was handing out the flyers!)

Unfortunately, unless people were in a neighborhood affected by the boundary issue and were directly affected, they were unaware of Kathy's antics. She will probably win this election, too. Her opponent should list all her votes on SB.

Maybe the woman was especially mad because she IS a Democrat and her party has nominated a very poor choice. I cannot imagine Kathy as a Supervisor.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: July 14, 2015 11:25PM

Smith was unable to master the School Board issues and would be completely lost as a Supervisor in having to deal with more diverse and complex issues. However, as a School Board Member she never solved problems and her decisions never ventured any further than looking for direction from the Chairwoman's next vote. If this is what you want for a Supervisor then Kathy Smith is certainly your woman!

Date: July 15, 2015 12:36AM

Could it be that Smith doesn’t care if she is competent enough to fill the position because she knows she can sit in the supervisor's chair, in the supervisor's office and pretend; like little girls play house?

Date: July 15, 2015 06:59AM

I find it difficult to believe there are two Pam Ichords. I've never heard that name in my life.

I will believe Brian's account that the attacker is a fellow disgruntled Dem though. I think if the Post could have found the attacker having links to repube or conservative causes, that probably would have been the focus of the story.

Posted by: googler ()
Date: July 15, 2015 08:32AM

WingNut Wrote:
> I find it difficult to believe there are two Pam
> Ichords. I've never heard that name in my life.
>
>
> I will believe Brian's account that the attacker
> is a fellow disgruntled Dem though. I think if the
> Post could have found the attacker having links to
> repube or conservative causes, that probably would
> have been the focus of the story.

Well, for one thing, the Congressman's daughter has the name Pam Ichord Ehlers. If you do a "google" you will find that she does not live in this area.
If you do any research, you will find that the woman in question has a husband named Robert Ichord, Jr. Since he is a junior, that means he is not the Congressman's son. I have no idea if he is related. I think that makes "Ichord" her married name. Gee. Do you have no research skills? I found that in five minutes.

Brian says they are Dems. I take his word for it. Does it matter?

My bet: Kathy drops charges. Funny that she has reopened a can of worms because she contacted the press and did press charges.

Posted by: areyiukidding ()
Date: July 15, 2015 08:58AM

another question Wrote:
> wankity_wank Wrote:
> -----
> > This entire site is overrun with anti-tax
> whiners.
> > I've never seen a bigger haven for the whinging
> > dregs of Fairfax County. Please, do us a favor
> and
> > move to a poorer county, one with lower taxes,
> > shitty schools, no jobs, no services, and no
> > opportunity. Where crime is high and angry
> > a-holes, like yourselves, attack political
> > candidates in the street for something that
> > happened seven years ago. wtf?
>
> If the candidate in question made poor decisions
> that made things extra difficult for your family,
> would you not be concerned?
>
> If a candidate lied to you in the past, would you
> not be concerned?
>
> If the candidate in question votes to spend money
> which does not help the kids but adds unneeded
> programs, would you be concerned?
>
> If the candidate in question makes poor decisions
> for the schools, why do you think she will make
> good decisions on other issues? Do you really
> think she will help the crime situation when her
> favorite program is a useless twice a week class
> in a foreign language for elementary students?
> When we have classes that are bursting at the
> seams?
>
> If the candidate in question is not just capable
> of walking away when confronted by an irate voter,
> do you really trust her with your tax money?

Are you kidding . A women was attacked while campagining for office school . Are you kidding me just you do not agreee with her its okay to attack If you do not like her do not vote for her but just because you did not your way does not mean you attack If you do not like the public schools go somewhere else.

Posted by: wapo reader ()
Date: July 15, 2015 11:16AM

areyiukidding Wrote:
> another question Wrote:
> -----
> > wankity_wank Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > This entire site is overrun with anti-tax
> > whiners.
> > > I've never seen a bigger haven for the
> whinging
> > > dregs of Fairfax County. Please, do us a
> favor
> > and
> > > move to a poorer county, one with lower
> taxes,
> > > shitty schools, no jobs, no services, and no
> > > opportunity. Where crime is high and angry
> > > a-holes, like yourselves, attack political
> > > candidates in the street for something that
> > > happened seven years ago. wtf?
> >
> > If the candidate in question made poor
> decisions
> > that made things extra difficult for your
> family,
> > would you not be concerned?
> >
> > If a candidate lied to you in the past, would
> you
> > not be concerned?
> >
> > If the candidate in question votes to spend
> money
> > which does not help the kids but adds unneeded
> > programs, would you be concerned?
> >
> > If the candidate in question makes poor
> decisions
> > for the schools, why do you think she will
> make
> > good decisions on other issues? Do you really
> > think she will help the crime situation when
> her
> > favorite program is a useless twice a week
> class
> > in a foreign language for elementary students?
> > When we have classes that are bursting at the
> > seams?
> >
> > If the candidate in question is not just
> capable
> > of walking away when confronted by an irate
> voter,
> > do you really trust her with your tax money?
>
>
>
>
> Are you kidding . A women was attacked while
> campagining for office school . Are you kidding me
> just you do not agreee with her its okay to attack
> If you do not like her do not vote for her but
> just because you did not your way does not mean
> you attack If you do not like the public schools
> go somewhere else.

She SAID she was attacked. There is a difference. In the tv interview she said she was AFRAID she was going to fall. Not that she fell.

Posted by: still another ()
Date: July 15, 2015 11:48AM

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/news/2015/jul/14/centreville-she-started-shoving-me/

Still another account. Sounds like it is different from the other two.

Posted by: Opportunity Knockz ()
Date: July 15, 2015 01:30PM

dfdfdf Wrote:
>
> course she is.

It does matter. For reasons previously mentioned many think Smith is not being forthcoming. A body cam would have been helpful. We'll see what transpires in court.

Date: July 15, 2015 02:10PM

Kathy's story gets weaker with each telling.

Posted by: Dumb ()
Date: July 15, 2015 02:22PM

At this point the Democrats are thinking it would have been better to allow Republican John Guevara to run unopposed for Sully District Supervisor.

All this publicity did was highlight how Kathy Smith worked against her constituents while on the school board, and how mad everyone still is about it.

Dumb.

Posted by: read the articles ()
Date: July 15, 2015 02:30PM

First: she pushed her down.
Second: she was afraid she was going to push her down.
Third: she shoved her.

First: she grabbed her sunglasses.
Next: Kathy took her sunglasses in her hand because the woman almost grabbed her sunglasses.

Note: it sounds like, in the last iteration, that the passerby did not get out of her car. Kathy went to her car and called the police for something that may have involved grabbing her clipboard and dropping her materials. It seems to me that if this altercation was physical that someone else would have seen it. That is a busy street.

I imagine there was a screaming match. Maybe the woman shoved her. Maybe she grabbed her clipboard. However, Kathy was not injured--but may have been embarrassed when the police came and had the ambulance called. For those who don't know, Fair Oaks Hospital is just across the street (literally) from the neighborhood.

Stop and think: would most of you have called the police if you were not injured?
What am I missing here?

Posted by: have know idea ()
Date: July 15, 2015 03:56PM

According to that Connection article - the passerby in the car stopped when she saw Smith backed up against a tree yelling for help and then the driver waited in her idling car while Smith picked up her stuff. The driver drove off and Smith walked back to her own car which was parked blocks away. When she reached her car that is when Smith called the police.

I wonder if her first call was to the police or if she called someone else who advised her to call the police. Weird, weird situation. Glad no one got hurt.

Posted by: stinks ()
Date: July 15, 2015 04:25PM

The whole story smells.

Date: July 15, 2015 08:09PM

read the articles Wrote:
> First: she pushed her down.
> Second: she was afraid she was going to push her
> down.
> Third: she shoved her.
>
> First: she grabbed her sunglasses.
> Next: Kathy took her sunglasses in her hand
> because the woman almost grabbed her sunglasses.
>
> Note: it sounds like, in the last iteration, that
> the passerby did not get out of her car. Kathy
> went to her car and called the police for
> something that may have involved grabbing her
> clipboard and dropping her materials. It seems to
> me that if this altercation was physical that
> someone else would have seen it. That is a busy
> street.
>
> I imagine there was a screaming match. Maybe the
> woman shoved her. Maybe she grabbed her clipboard.
> However, Kathy was not injured--but may have been
> embarrassed when the police came and had the
> ambulance called. For those who don't know, Fair
> Oaks Hospital is just across the street
> (literally) from the neighborhood.
>
> Stop and think: would most of you have called the
> police if you were not injured?
> What am I missing here?

+1

Color me skeptical. At worst a hissy catfight with no injuries.

Posted by: Porky Smith ()
Date: July 15, 2015 08:45PM

areyiukidding Wrote:

>
>
>
> Are you kidding . A women was attacked while
> campagining for office school . Are you kidding me
> just you do not agreee with her its okay to attack
> If you do not like her do not vote for her but
> just because you did not your way does not mean
> you attack If you do not like the public schools
> go somewhere else.

Once again, in English this time.

PS, Smith is running for BOS, not SB.

PSS, Smith sucks.

PSSS, you're not very smart.

Posted by: myph ()
Date: July 15, 2015 09:59PM

she has alienated a lot of former supporters, she will not be good for sully bos

Date: July 15, 2015 10:25PM

read the articles Wrote:
>
> Stop and think: would most of you have called the
> police if you were not injured?
> What am I missing here?

That’s true. If the threat is gone and no one is hurt, it’s over. Who wants the police involved? That’s a lot of trouble. Only a vengeful poor sport or a publicity-hungry politician or a crybaby

Posted by: get over it ()
Date: July 16, 2015 04:56PM

I can't endorse a physical attack, but maybe it just felt physical to Kathy to be confronted on her record by someone not afraid to get in her face and speak truth to power. I think anytime a politician presses charges for something like this, even if it did cross the line to physical, it makes them look small and mean. A verbal confrontation is not an assault. Just because you are shook up or feel badly or offended does not mean you were assaulted. If you are going to be a politician and even get elected in a landslide every time, 3 in 10 people will still not like you very much.

Posted by: looooong memory ()
Date: July 16, 2015 05:02PM

get over it Wrote:
> I can't endorse a physical attack, but maybe it
> just felt physical to Kathy to be confronted on
> her record by someone not afraid to get in her
> face and speak truth to power. I think anytime a
> politician presses charges for something like
> this, even if it did cross the line to physical,
> it makes them look small and mean. A verbal
> confrontation is not an assault. Just because you
> are shook up or feel badly or offended does not
> mean you were assaulted. If you are going to be a
> politician and even get elected in a landslide
> every time, 3 in 10 people will still not like you
> very much.

Totally agree with this. Kathy's pat answer during boundary discussions--and I've been through more than one--is that "I haven't decided yet, I'm just listening".........

And, then, at the vote, she usually cries and says that "this is so hard, but we must think about the 'children'".

No matter that she splits up families. No matter that she ponies up neighborhoods of her schools which are not even overcrowded in order to do her buddy a favor. No matter that she has no common sense.

Would I have screamed at her--no. I suspect that is what happened and that she couldn't take it. She probably dropped her stuff when she went to leave and the woman told her to just go.

Can't wait to see her in action on the BOS.

Date: July 16, 2015 08:59PM

I wonder if this is the look Kathy had while sitting in her car after the "assault"
Attachments:
image.jpg

Date: July 16, 2015 10:09PM

^^^ Now that is funny!

Posted by: iris ()
Date: July 17, 2015 07:19PM

Kathy Smith made a huge mistake calling the police and pressing charges. Now the story is getting a lot of press and highlighting how Kathy Smiths votes were unpopular and impacted a lot of parents and children so much that years later parents are still upset about it. Kathy Smith is going door to door and when she is questioned and confronted with her voting record she gets very beligerant rude and dismissive .. perhaps that is why things got heated this time. Her campiagn managwer is a real piece of nasty liberal work. a guy called ben tribbit. my guess is he told her to press charges and alert the media. little did he know that the accussed has connections and is a democrat.

Posted by: sean kenny ()
Date: July 17, 2015 07:26PM

Brian S is bitter because he got his ass handed to him in the primary.

Posted by: notbrians.com ()
Date: July 17, 2015 10:50PM

sean kenny Wrote:
> Brian S is bitter because he got his ass handed to
> him in the primary.

Doubtful. While John Guevara won the Sully District primary by only 16 votes, in the general election he will pick up the many Hispanics.

Could turn out to be the best move ever for Fairfax Republicans, as the hard-working Catholic Hispanics are naturally drawn to the Republican ideals. Electing a Republican Hispanic to the BoS is good for them and good for the county.

John Guevara and his leadership team are the new faces of Fairfax Republican politics.

Date: July 18, 2015 02:04AM

I'm not bitter at all. John worked hard and earned his win. What happened here isn't about him or me.

What happened to Kathy shouldn't happen to any candidate. I don't care what side of the aisle you're on. That's the least both sides should be able to agree upon.

Posted by: Fixxed it ()
Date: July 18, 2015 08:19AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>
> What happened to Kathy shouldn't happen to any
> candidate. I don't care what side of the aisle
> you're on. That's the least both sides should be
> able to agree upon.

If true, what happened to Kathy shouldn't happen to any candidate. I don't care what side of the aisle you're on. That's the least both sides should be able to agree upon.

I'm surprised that you continue to cling to this, Brian. Maybe it's best you're not running.

Posted by: 63ycL ()
Date: July 18, 2015 08:54AM

BrianSchoeneman does sound overly stuck on his point. I smell guilt.

Posted by: Brian has never ()
Date: July 18, 2015 09:02AM

Brian has never seen Kathy in action. Most people haven't. Those that have, have a different opinion. And, it is not just because they lose--it is because of the way she handled it. At the minimum, her statements were misleading, at the maximum they were lies.

Socially, and at school board meetings, she presents the "caring Kathy". If you disagree with her, or try to communicate with her your legitimate concerns, that side quickly disappears. That is why many of us question her story. It may have occurred exactly as she said--but there are discrepancies among the reports online. Is that the fault of the reporters or did she fail to keep her story straight?

We will probably never know.

Date: July 18, 2015 01:04PM

Of course I've seen her in action. Come on now. I've been to school board meetings, I've been to briefings she's done, I've met her plenty of times, talked to her after the attack.

Again, I don't see the point in questioning whether she was assaulted or not. Again, it's a sad commentary that people automatically jump to the conclusion that she's lying.

Posted by: there's a reason ()
Date: July 18, 2015 04:50PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Of course I've seen her in action. Come on now.
> I've been to school board meetings, I've been to
> briefings she's done, I've met her plenty of
> times, talked to her after the attack.
>
> Again, I don't see the point in questioning
> whether she was assaulted or not. Again, it's a
> sad commentary that people automatically jump to
> the conclusion that she's lying.

There's a reason they jump to that conclusion.

Date: July 18, 2015 05:45PM

there's a reason Wrote:
> BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> -----
> > Of course I've seen her in action. Come on now.
> > I've been to school board meetings, I've been
> to
> > briefings she's done, I've met her plenty of
> > times, talked to her after the attack.
> >
> > Again, I don't see the point in questioning
> > whether she was assaulted or not. Again, it's a
> > sad commentary that people automatically jump
> to
> > the conclusion that she's lying.
>
> There's a reason they jump to that conclusion.

Not a very good one.

Posted by: equally troubled ()
Date: July 18, 2015 08:15PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Of course I've seen her in action. Come on now.
> I've been to school board meetings, I've been to
> briefings she's done, I've met her plenty of
> times, talked to her after the attack.
>
> Again, I don't see the point in questioning
> whether she was assaulted or not. Again, it's a
> sad commentary that people automatically jump to
> the conclusion that she's lying.

But it would be equally sad to automatically assume that this otherwise law abiding citizen (as far as we know) is guilty. There are two sides. So far we've heard only one.

Posted by: observations ()
Date: July 19, 2015 06:46PM

1. Brian S-you have waaaayyy too much time on your hands, dude, Get a life

2. Kathy Smith is a big fat liar.

3. If I was being attacked while on someone else's property, I would get the hell off it and hen call 911. Why was the homeowner charged with interfering with a 911 call? Smith should have run to her car if she was that scared.

4. I hope I sit on this jury.

Posted by: get the story straight ()
Date: July 19, 2015 06:56PM

observations Wrote:
> 1. Brian S-you have waaaayyy too much time on your
> hands, dude, Get a life
>
> 2. Kathy Smith is a big fat liar.
>
> 3. If I was being attacked while on someone else's
> property, I would get the hell off it and hen call
> 911. Why was the homeowner charged with
> interfering with a 911 call? Smith should have run
> to her car if she was that scared.
>
> 4. I hope I sit on this jury.

Her story says that she was trying to call 911 when the woman threw her cell phone. Does beg the question of why she didn't just leave before she called 911. Maybe the woman told her to get off the property and she wouldn't let her pick up the clipboard.
The sunglasses story changed. First story: Kathy fell. Last story: she was afraid she was going to fall.

Prediction: Smith will drop the charges.

Posted by: fixxed it ()
Date: July 19, 2015 09:19PM

observations Wrote:

I've never seen Brian so off the mark on a topic. My only guess is he has it in for the Ichords? They're very strong Dems.

Smith's bit off a bit too much for her to chew on this time. Get the popcorn out, FFXU, this should be more entertaining than the Eesh/Eastman/Misery/Lizzie dust ups.

Posted by: Adoption Agency ()
Date: July 19, 2015 10:33PM

fixxed it Wrote:
> this should
> be more entertaining than the
> Eesh/Eastman/Misery/Lizzie dust ups.

Maybe Kathy can adopt these children.

Date: July 19, 2015 11:51PM

observations Wrote:
>
> 2. Kathy Smith is a big fat liar.
>
> 3. If I was being attacked while on someone else's
> property, I would get the hell off it and hen call
> 911. Why was the homeowner charged with
> interfering with a 911 call? Smith should have run
> to her car if she was that scared.
>
> 4. I hope I sit on this jury.

I actually don't have much time at all on my hands. Usually when I'm on here it's either very late or I'm multitasking.

Posted by: Schoeneman runs his mouth ()
Date: October 04, 2015 06:59PM

Case update: both charges Nolle Prosequi on 8/12/15

Posted by: Leave us alone ()
Date: October 04, 2015 08:40PM

Dems should curtail door knocks until after the car tax due date. Looking at the rate increases they approved can make a person irrationally angry.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.