HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Black Lives Matter - but not in Fairfax
Posted by: citizen427 ()
Date: July 08, 2015 02:13PM

Black Lives Matter… at least some of them do.

Rising from the smoke of burning Ferguson, MO in the wake of the Michael Brown shooting, the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement quickly evolved from a hashtag on popular social media Twitter to an organization holding demonstrations worldwide. BLM has organized ‘Freedom Rides’ in which hundreds of civil rights advocates have bussed to and from venues including New York City, Newark, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Miami, Detroit, Houston, Oakland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Nashville, Portland, Tucson and Washington, D.C..

The creation of Alicia Garza and Patrisse Cullors, BLM asserts itself as a proponent for justice for self-identifying African Americans who have suffered state violence and oppression. Their tagline is ‘Not a Moment, but a Movement.”

Yet despite a healthy bit of trendy lip-service to embrace children, women and transgender individuals, the reality is that the organization, for the sake of accuracy, should change their name to Black Men Matter. It appears by their actions that black women dying at the hands of police aren’t deserving of justice, in fact according to the BLM wikipedia page listing all of the cases that BLM has protested, some of the most appalling cases don’t even rate mention.

Consider the death of Natasha McKenna at the hands of Virginia’s Fairfax County Sheriff’s Department in February of this year. Haven’t heard of her? Unlike many of the men around whom BLM rallies, Ms. McKenna was an honor student who fought for her grades in spite of a mental health burden that harassed her since childhood. A lovely mom with a radiant smile. Recognizing that she was having an episode, Ms. McKenna called the police for assistance only to find herself transported not to medical care, but to a jail. There she was chained to a chair and masked, then beaten and tasered to death. Her last recorded words were “Please don’t hurt me.”

Recorded is an operative word - the entire incident was captured on videotape but Fairfax Sheriff Stacey Kincaid has thus far refused to release the tape. No charges have been pressed, and aside from a few brave media leaders demanding for a Justice Department investigation, Sheriff Kincaid and most everyone else seems content to sweep McKenna out with the trash.

That a police department would cover up its own vile behavior is to be expected these days. That the mainstream media has shrugged off the story is appalling. But what is truly disturbing is the fact that an organization whose very existence is based on the premise Black Lives Matter seemingly doesn’t give a hoot that a black woman with no criminal history was tortured to death. This isn’t a split-second bad judgement in the midst of a felony arrest, this is murder at its most grotesque. The victim didn’t shoot at a cop, she phoned them for help.

The rationale for BLM’s avoidance of the case is puzzling. A review of the cases protested by BLM reveals that a preponderance of the individuals who died were involved in some sort of criminal event. McKenna on the other hand was an honest citizen who just needed help, a woman who believed, as many of us would hope, that when in crisis she could turn to the police. If not gender, perhaps it is the absence of criminality that separates BLM reaction to Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Freddie Gray and that of Natasha McKenna. If this is the case, perhaps the better name change would be Black Felons Matter.

Your guess is as good as anybody’s as to how and why BLM picks one citizen to champion while ignoring another. We can only observe what we see; when a black man is killed, and statistically those in the process of committing a crime, Black Lives Matter arrives quickly with hundreds of civil rights advocates in tow. When a law-abiding black woman like Natasha McKenna dies a far more horrible death, BLM is nowhere to be seen. Not days later, nor weeks, nor months. No BLM protests, not even a tweet. Absent a steady drumbeat from the Washington Post, the story of Natasha McKenna would likely have already slipped beneath the waves while Sheriff Kincaid carries on like nothing happened. Perhaps BLM might also want to consider adopting ‘Not a Moment, Not a Murmur’ when it comes to defending black women.

Nobody stood up for Natasha, a petite woman who met her death surrounded by a half dozen of the very cops she trusted to help her. I guess some black lives matter more than others.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Black Lives Matter - but not in Fairfax
Posted by: JDvdU ()
Date: July 08, 2015 02:21PM

I'm sure they killed her on purpose because she was black.

Posted by: Stop Beating This Dead Whorse ()
Date: July 08, 2015 02:50PM

The advocates have avoid a protest about the accidental death of Ms. McKenna for two reasons:

1. The parking situation near the Fairfax Courthouse/ADC is difficult at best, and it would be a nightmare to park a bus there.

2. They are afraid to go near the ADC because of outstanding arrest warrants.

Posted by: Seriously?? ()
Date: July 08, 2015 03:17PM

So, you've got yourself a reasonably well-written op-ed, and then go and post it on FairfaxUnderground? WHAT FOR?

Posted by: CurmudgeonMcGee ()
Date: July 08, 2015 04:16PM

guess things have changed under the current administration
Attachments:
dyingchair.jpg

Posted by: CurmudgeonMcGee ()
Date: July 08, 2015 04:19PM

Kincaid said that the incident was handled according to police policy. I guess the policy reads something like this.
Attachments:
checklist.jpg

Posted by: 45calfan ()
Date: July 08, 2015 04:30PM

"Black Felons Matter" roflmao. tru dat, nobody gives a shit if some wackjob woman gets killed, that doesnt pull the tv ratings. All these whores who cry about dead criminals could give two shits about you or me or some mom with a screw loose. It is a waste of time to talk about it, this will die from lack of sunlight and the Fairfax clown car will just drive on. Real lesson for the moms out there is if you have a mental meltdown, don't call Fairfax Sheriffs for help.

Posted by: augiedog ()
Date: July 08, 2015 05:02PM

Not like she had her hands up and was shot like John Greer. But he was white so no worries.

Posted by: HectorofTroy ()
Date: July 08, 2015 06:21PM

The very same argument appeared in this very well-written article by Morgan Jerkins

http://the-toast.net/2015/07/08/bree-newsome-myth-strong-black-woman/

Posted by: Tragedy ()
Date: July 08, 2015 07:47PM

This was a tragedy and I hope there will be karmic retribution since there probably won't be any accountability. Sheriffs and their deputies are consistent ass clowns and are always fucking up. Sorry for the the language, but I just can't think of putting it any other way. They need better training altogether.

Posted by: Kicking the dead horse ()
Date: July 08, 2015 10:40PM

Yawn...

I guess black lives matter only if you can make money or get on TV from the death of a black man killed by the police...

But if the black life is stolen by a black thug...its all good. Does not matter.

Or a white person killed by a black man...again...doesn't matter.

So when does black lives matter?

Posted by: Jane W Public ()
Date: July 09, 2015 06:21AM

I'm glad the lunatic is dead. The world is a better place because of it.

Posted by: Smoke ()
Date: July 09, 2015 08:11AM

Jane W Public Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm glad the lunatic is dead. The world is a
> better place because of it.

Only a person with no self respect would make a comment like you made.

Date: July 10, 2015 02:05PM

Fight Club - when they can't fight back
Attachments:
First Rule.jpg

Date: July 10, 2015 02:07PM

Nice to see we deserve the latest...
Attachments:
cone of silence.jpg

Date: July 14, 2015 06:13PM

Every department has to have a motto
Attachments:
turf taze.jpg

Posted by: PYmvp ()
Date: July 14, 2015 08:30PM

niggers have robbed 3 or more churches in fairfax recently

they have continually robbed banks

at my bank, i continually see "metro" employees withdrawing large ammounts of cash from foreigners who now run the bank

also dumbass black bitches pulling up to the bank in BMW withdrawing hand-fulls of cash

reston build two condo complexes, using in part my money, to house blacks from DC because mayor barry had stolen their "welfare" money - and local democrats in fairfax were all too willign to bend over for quick cash using OPM (other poeples money)

i happen to KNOW part of the 9 trillion of obama debt is being used for turf war in the NVA DC MD area, continually giving blacks but also democrat foreigners business loans, free housing. not in their taxpaying area of course! they're mayor sent them away to steal someone else's aid money.

HUGE NUMBERS of low end housing is being built in fairfax and mostly for illegals and blacks

i'm not taking crap from you

what i will do is give you more crap than your giving me

Date: July 15, 2015 08:08AM

re PYmvp above - nice to see that Kincaid has her Public Information Officer responding to this thread at last. Thought she was gonna be silent on this forever.
Attachments:
usedchair.jpg

Posted by: Denizen ()
Date: July 15, 2015 05:21PM

@HectorofTroy: nice artwork. Keep it up.

Posted by: MHD6X ()
Date: July 15, 2015 06:03PM

The PTB want a race war and civil unrest ... it will increase their opportunity to seize more power and take more freedom from everyone ... People in "high places", who wish for a global government, want to divide the US so it can be conquered.

Posted by: Finally...TRUTH! ()
Date: July 15, 2015 06:44PM

MHD6X Wrote:
> The PTB want a race war and civil unrest ... it
> will increase their opportunity to seize more
> power and take more freedom from everyone ...
> People in "high places", who wish for a global
> government, want to divide the US so it can be
> conquered.

Finally, someone speaking some truth. I was starting to give up on the brain state of these lovely Americans on FFXUnderground.

Posted by: And this.... ()
Date: July 15, 2015 06:49PM

PYmvp Wrote:
>

> niggers have robbed 3 or more churches in fairfax
> recently
>
> they have continually robbed banks
>
> at my bank, i continually see "metro" employees
> withdrawing large ammounts of cash from foreigners
> who now run the bank
>
> also dumbass black bitches pulling up to the bank
> in BMW withdrawing hand-fulls of cash
>

>
> reston build two condo complexes, using in part my
> money, to house blacks from DC because mayor barry
> had stolen their "welfare" money - and local
> democrats in fairfax were all too willign to bend
> over for quick cash using OPM (other poeples
> money)
>
> i happen to KNOW part of the 9 trillion of obama
> debt is being used for turf war in the NVA DC MD
> area, continually giving blacks but also democrat
> foreigners business loans, free housing. not in
> their taxpaying area of course! they're mayor
> sent them away to steal someone else's aid money.
>
> HUGE NUMBERS of low end housing is being built in
> fairfax and mostly for illegals and blacks
>
>

> i'm not taking crap from you
>
> what i will do is give you more crap than your
> giving me
>

And this is what end-stage mental retardation looks like....so sad. Get some help.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: July 15, 2015 10:35PM

MHD6X Wrote:
> The PTB want a race war and civil unrest ... it
> will increase their opportunity to seize more
> power and take more freedom from everyone ...
> People in "high places", who wish for a global
> government, want to divide the US so it can be
> conquered.

That’s right

Date: July 27, 2015 10:26AM

FCSD policy is clear.
Attachments:
taze her.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.