HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Helicopter, Snow Plow, or Free Range Parent
Posted by: A Parent ()
Date: July 06, 2015 03:14PM

Which one defines you (parent) or your parents?

Helicopter - "a parent who takes an overprotective or excessive interest in the life of their child or children."

Snow Plow - "a person who constantly forces obstacles out of their kids' paths. They have their eye on the future success of their child, and anyone or anything that stands in their way has to be removed. It sounds similar to helicopter parenting, I know, but there are some differences."

Free Range - based on the notion “that we can give our children the same kind of freedom we had [as kids] without going nuts with worry."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Helicopter, Snow Plow, or Free Range Parent
Posted by: Real Estate Lender ()
Date: July 06, 2015 03:21PM

Got this email last month from a SNOW PLOW parent on an off campus student housing property in Florida I financed several years ago... BTW the attached pictures of the dirt weren't bad at all:

"This email is in reference to my daughters move in at xxxxx earlier today June 22nd, 2015. After signing our lease March 22nd, we were very pleased to be moving into xxxxx. Since then, the leasing manager has changed, as has the service we have received. Whitney, Annabel and Wesley were very accommodating and reassuring that my daughters time at Campus Circle would exciting and enjoyable just like home. Originally my daughter was to be in 6408, but due to a new dog in the unit we found out last week that my daughter was being relocated to room 1-103B. Her lease was to begin June 20th. We arrived June 22nd for move in because we wanted to move in during a time in which a manager would be present. We arrived at 5:30pm and spent 3 hours discussing her room. The previous tenant moved out in February (4 months ago). The room was never cleaned although Zac assured us the room was move in ready on several occasions. Even after we arrived he went into check and said that is was move in ready. Upon entry, we found the following:
The carpets are black, filthy and torn- never even vacuumed, and need replaced but at a very minimum steam cleaned. There is a large black stain larger than a basketball on the carpet. The walls are dirty with holes above the window, which also look as though they have not been cleaned with inches of dust. The bath tub still has shampoo and soap scum all over with black mold. The bathroom floors were never swept or mopped with visible dust and debris all over. The bathroom drawers are also filthy and were never cleaned. The ceiling fan has an inch of dust on it. The base boards are full of dirt and dust. The sink, bath tub and toilet needs to be bleached and sanitized. The closet shelving is white but appears black with dirt and dust. The vent in the bathroom needs vacuumed out as the motor is very loud from the amount of dust that it has accumulated. I understand the previous tenant was evicted for drug use and now my daughter is to move into the room that has not been cleaned or properly maintained. Due to the fact that the room has been vacant for 4 months and should have been freshly painted, sanitized and cleaned it is in unacceptable condition for move in. I rented a car to drive 7 hours here and also have taken time off work to move in and decorate her new room that was supposed to be a happy exciting time. Instead my daughter is crying and upset as she cannot live in a room with such unsanitary conditions. The scum and stains are foul and unacceptable. I will not allow her to live in such unacceptable living conditions at such a high amount of rent. From my understanding her carpet is going to be steam cleaned first thing tomorrow morning. The room will also need to be sanitized, freshly painted and deep cleaned prior to her moving in. In the meantime we are staying in 6303A. Hopefully this will be done as quickly as possible. Thank you for your attention to this very important matter, it is truly appreciated."

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.