HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Were there any black students at all in Langley, McLean or Oakton high schools in the 70's and 80's.
Posted by: wundabread ()
Date: July 01, 2015 05:18PM

I went Edison, class of 83. I heard there weren't any blacks at some of these other schools

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Were there any black students at all in Langley, McLean or Oakton high schools in the 70's and 80's.
Posted by: WkXcP ()
Date: July 01, 2015 05:24PM

I graduated in MD in 86 and in contrast, I remember NOVA being very white at the time.

Re: Were there any black students at all in Langley, McLean or Oakton high schools in the 70's and 80's.
Posted by: wundabread ()
Date: July 01, 2015 05:26PM

I always thought the opposite about Maryland esp PG.

Posted by: Cavalier ()
Date: July 01, 2015 05:44PM

We had like one african american at WT Woodson when I was there in the late '70's early '80's.

Posted by: joseph Riddle ()
Date: July 01, 2015 05:52PM

"African American"?....WTF? Does that mean that whites now are known as "European Americans"?
C'mon, stop all the bullshit!

Date: July 01, 2015 06:07PM

joseph Riddle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "African American"?....WTF? Does that mean that
> whites now are known as "European Americans"?
> C'mon, stop all the bullshit!

Well, at least it's not racist in any form. Dang Cons and their outweighing con-like cons.

Posted by: Wakefield HS Arlington 1981 ()
Date: July 01, 2015 06:39PM

About 20% black, 10-15% Spanish, a few Asians the rest white.
About 40% Spanish today according to sources.

Posted by: tVxXn ()
Date: July 01, 2015 07:01PM

Black is accurate. They don't get a pass. It is one syllable compared to 7 syllables for their recently invented word.

circa 86
Montgomery County, MD Schools

Percentages
About 20 black
2 Hispanic
2 Asian
76 white

Posted by: OHS 1976 ()
Date: July 01, 2015 07:16PM

Yes.

Posted by: TjXNu ()
Date: July 01, 2015 08:07PM

Langley and Herndon had race fights/riots back in the mid 70's.

http://blogs.post-gazette.com/opinion/113-opinion/open-letters/29071-langley-memories

Not sure what this person was stating that Langely was considered for closing and becoming a PreK-8 school, it did not and is not going to happen, but they recall the race riots.

Posted by: A Highlander ()
Date: July 01, 2015 08:15PM

The very, very few blacks at McLean were not your typical violent savages. Naturally, the football and basketball teams were terrible, but at least it was a safe place.

Posted by: I went to Oakton ()
Date: July 01, 2015 09:07PM

The answer is yes! We had a basketball team.

Posted by: I got all of yours lol ()
Date: July 01, 2015 09:09PM

I went to T.C. Williams in the 70s.

Negroes everywhere. If I wasn't a minority, it was close to it.

Even more at GW which was 9th and 10th grade at that time. Definitely a minority there.

Lots didn't get past that level.

Posted by: Saxonologist ()
Date: July 01, 2015 09:22PM

TjXNu Wrote:
> Langley and Herndon had race fights/riots back in
> the mid 70's.
>
> http://blogs.post-gazette.com/opinion/113-opinion/
> open-letters/29071-langley-memories
>
> Not sure what this person was stating that Langely
> was considered for closing and becoming a PreK-8
> school, it did not and is not going to happen, but
> they recall the race riots.

It did happen, but only at Langley HS in Pittsburgh.

A race riot at Langley HS in McLean would only break out if a natural blonde discovered that another white girl was a fake blonde.

Posted by: Jeremiah Johnson ()
Date: July 01, 2015 09:50PM

No.. no blacks then. They were good schools back then.

Date: July 01, 2015 09:55PM

>"African American"?....WTF? Does that mean that whites now are known as "European Americans"?

Is that not the Truth! Really what is this "African" thing ? With all the confusion on names, "Blacks" for people who are not close to being black thou some are, I think I will just use the proper name "Negro's" from now on to avoid confusion.

Your either a "AMERICAN" or Your NOT! And Your either American Native Indian Asian , White, or A Negro.

Arabs, Indians from India and Spanish are White BTW.

Posted by: GckxE ()
Date: July 01, 2015 10:46PM

There were issues at Langley High School in McLean in the 70's between Black and White students. Big fight outside up on the hill. Lots of police called in.

Posted by: Call a spade a spade ()
Date: July 03, 2015 12:48PM

Double Action Jackson Wrote:
>
> Arabs, Indians from India and Spanish are White
> BTW.

Not in my book, they're not.

Posted by: Cracka Slacka ()
Date: July 03, 2015 12:54PM

No, it's a well known fact that black people weren't invented until the early '90s.

Posted by: Ray Cyst ()
Date: July 03, 2015 12:55PM

>
> BTW.

LOL, no. You probably labor under the delusion that Italians are white too.

Posted by: OHS 1988 ()
Date: July 03, 2015 07:47PM

There were Negroids at OHS in the late 80's. Also a bunch of Mongoloids. Most were civil.

Posted by: RUN-DMC ()
Date: July 03, 2015 08:07PM

Robinson had maybe 50 blacks in the early 80's. Most were pretty decent people. There was the wannabe ghetto crowd, but that was only 5 or 6 of them. This one ghetto wannabe girl was less than five feet tall and had tits the size of basketballs. Biggest natural tit, weight, height ratio I have ever seen. I bet she looked like a blob 10 years later though

Posted by: Smoke ()
Date: July 06, 2015 02:00AM

> BTW.

Posted by: oakton 86 ()
Date: July 07, 2015 10:50AM

graduated oakton 86. Had a good diverse student population....fair amount of asians, small african american population, middle eastern, etc. i don't think it has changed much 30 years later.....good HS back then,,,good now.

Posted by: saxon pride ()
Date: July 07, 2015 11:12AM

joseph Riddle Wrote:
> "African American"?....WTF? Does that mean that
> whites now are known as "European Americans"?
> C'mon, stop all the bullshit!

Please, we prefer to be called "Nordic Americans" and don't confuse us with that other group that looks like us that prefers to be called "Scandanavian Americans". To call us anything else is racist.

Posted by: Charles Darwon ()
Date: July 08, 2015 01:13AM

It'll take millions of years for blacks to evolve into humans.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.