HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
2 KIDS DEAD FROM DRUNK DRIVING
Posted by: Dontdrive ()
Date: June 26, 2015 04:58PM

NORTH POTOMAC - Police say two teens are dead and two seriously injured in a late Thursday night car accident involving members of the Wootton High School football team – including the quarterback who owns the state record for most passing yards in a single game.

Emergency personnel pronounced two dead at the scene -Alexander Murk, 18, of Potomac and Calvin Jia-Xing Li, 18, of Rockville. Police say they were back seat passengers and according to Capt. Thomas Didone they were not wearing seat belts. Emergency technicians took the driver, Samuel Joseph Ellis, 18, of North Potomac, to a nearby hospital along with the front seat passenger. Police say both of them were wearing seat belts. Didone said as of Friday afternoon the driver and other passenger remained in serious condition.

All four teenagers were apparently in the same 2006 Acura driving west bound on the 13800 block of Dufief Mill Road shortly before midnight when the car veered off the road, crashed through a fence and into a tree, said Officer Rick Goodale.

Calvin Jia-Xing Li played wide receiver for Wootton. Ellis, a senior All-Sentinel Honorable Mention Athlete started at quarterback for the Patriots and set a state record for passing yards with 557 yards against Rockville in a 58-40 victory on November 1, 2013.

Jake Brodsky, a former high school football teammate said Wootton students were in shock. “Everyone is very shaken up right now,” he said. “They were like family.”

Brodsky said Ellis and Li refereed RFL flag football together. “I’m fairly messed up about it. I just hope Sam’s okay. I don’t even know what to say. They were both great kids with great futures ahead of them.”

Police say they believe speed and drinking may have been factors in the crash.

"Alcohol with teens is just a deadly combination, in this case, literally," Didone said.

Friday morning friends and students brought flowers and mementos to the crash site in support of those injured or killed in the crash.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2 KIDS DEAD FROM DRUNK DRIVING
Posted by: ZzZzZzZz ()
Date: June 26, 2015 05:19PM

And another ridiculous roadside memorial is born.

Instead of standing around lighting candles and putting teddy bears on the ground, maybe these stupid entitled teenagers will quit drinking and driving. Standing around weeping and taking selfies isn't bringing your friends back.

And oh boy what a future the driver will have. He's going to wish he died in the wreck if he survives. Vehicular manslaughter charges, lawsuits, depression...... Way to fuck up your life junior.

No seat belts? Brilliant.

Posted by: moussen ()
Date: June 26, 2015 06:10PM

I didn't care until I read that one of the killed owned the state passing record! Then, suddenly, I cared a lot!

Posted by: Fast driver ()
Date: June 26, 2015 06:16PM

Pretty amazing that anyone survived
Attachments:
635708986721631981-Still0626-00009.jpg
635708986721631981-Still0626-00007.jpg

Posted by: Signal 30 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 06:33PM

ZzZzZzZz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And another ridiculous roadside memorial is born.
>
> Instead of standing around lighting candles and
> putting teddy bears on the ground, maybe these
> stupid entitled teenagers will quit drinking and
> driving. Standing around weeping and taking
> selfies isn't bringing your friends back.
>
> And oh boy what a future the driver will have.
> He's going to wish he died in the wreck if he
> survives. Vehicular manslaughter charges,
> lawsuits, depression...... Way to fuck up your
> life junior.
>
> No seat belts? Brilliant.

Well said...especially the selfies part...I can just see the little snowflakes taking selfies at their sad little roadside "memorial."

Posted by: timing is everything ()
Date: June 26, 2015 06:42PM

The real shame is that they won't be able to join the celebration tonight.

Posted by: 9WLEy ()
Date: June 26, 2015 07:47PM

Jesus, what kind of car WAS it? They must have been doing 100.

Posted by: Ivan Ho ()
Date: June 26, 2015 07:49PM

At least he didn't kill or maim any hot high school babes. That's the worst.

Posted by: Sadday ()
Date: June 26, 2015 08:54PM

9WLEy Wrote:
> Jesus, what kind of car WAS it? They must have
> been doing 100.

Acura TSX 2006
They were going 50-55 in a 30 zone. Took out three trees, fences, side of a house.

Posted by: 7xGFd ()
Date: June 26, 2015 09:17PM

Sorry kids, no reset button. You're dead or fucked up for life. Lesson learned we hope.

Posted by: damaged goods. ()
Date: June 26, 2015 09:22PM

Ivan Ho Wrote:
> At least he didn't kill or maim any hot high
> school babes. That's the worst.

Maimed hot babes can make for easy pickups.

fKfo9.jpg

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: June 26, 2015 09:56PM

ZzZzZzZz Wrote:
> And another ridiculous roadside memorial is born.
>
> Instead of standing around lighting candles and
> putting teddy bears on the ground, maybe these
> stupid entitled teenagers will quit drinking and
> driving. Standing around weeping and taking
> selfies isn't bringing your friends back.
>
> life junior.
>
> No seat belts? Brilliant.

and what an arrogant ass you are.

Posted by: LDmUv ()
Date: June 26, 2015 10:56PM

It looks like the car was maybe traveling 25 MPH, NOT!!

Yes, alcohol may have been a factor, HOWEVER, even the stupid police and media miss the bigger point. SPEED was the primary factor to what caused the accident, injuries and deaths, alcohol just impaired the drivers ability to recall what he should have learned in Physics class.

I get SO tried of everything being blamed on drugs and alcohol. You can be under the influence, drive the speed limit and not likely kill multiple people and tear your car into 4 or more pieces.

Even under the influence, if you have half a brain, you should be/could be aware that maybe going the speed limit is a much better option than going 2-4 times the speed limit.

Back in my earlier years, I probably drove when I should not have, BUT, I carefully watched my speed and was EXTRA cautious. Never wrecked, never hurt myself or anyone else, just made sure I was as aware of everything as I could be. Never pulled over or had a DUI. Was it smart to get behind the wheel, no, but I also knew when I should CLEARLY not get behind the wheel as well.

Put a totally sober driver in the same situation going the speed this car was traveling and the outcome would likely be the same.

Alcohol impairs judgement, SPEED kills.

Posted by: Dread Scott ()
Date: June 26, 2015 11:32PM

ZzZzZzZz Wrote:
>
>
> life junior.
>
> Great. Another remorseful schlub speaking at AA meetings and high school assemblies. I bet I hear about 10 a year.

Posted by: but but they were good kids ()
Date: June 26, 2015 11:41PM

LDmUv Wrote:
> Alcohol impairs judgement, SPEED kills.

What if alcohol impairs your better judgement against speeding?

What if alcohol impairs your better judgement against driving at all?

Alcohol kills directly too, but it mostly kills indirectly. Abused q-tips can kill too, but I only get in fender benders when cleaning deep in my ears.

I heard on the news "they were good kids." I'm saddened by the loss but get angry when I hear that shit. Good kids don't drink, don't drive recklessly with their passengers' lives in their hands, and they wear seat belts. Good kids simply don't DUI, FFS. Calling them good lowers the bar on what is considered to be good and next year some good kid will do something bad and stupid like this.

A tree didn't fall on their car. They done fucked up big time doing stupid shit that good kids don't do. The surviving driver has a lifetime of regret and depression ahead of him. Fortunately he's a good kid. ugh. Fuck you people - show the other dumbass teenagers that THIS is what happens to bad and stupid kids. If the driver ends up driving a wheelchair with a straw I hope he uses his Stephen Hawking voice to tell other kids how he was bad, stupid, and killed his friends.

CSB: While ditching high school I was an unrestrained passenger in a back of a car that was in a rollover accident which ended up on the bank of a river. Not only was I not a smart and good kid - it was not a smart and good thing to be doing. Alcohol was not involved because it was before noon, duh... but even I (the gold standard for stupid) knew better than to ride in a car with an underage-drinking driver. I got home after dark having missed an entire day of school. My inattentive parents never knew I had bruised ribs and it hurt to breathe for three months after that. I was smart enough to engage in small talk (with shallow breathing - fuck that sure hurt) instead of making a run for my room.

Posted by: Dumbass kids ()
Date: June 26, 2015 11:53PM

Stupid fucking teens will never learn.

Posted by: brain gang ()
Date: June 27, 2015 07:06AM

So I hear that these guys were a gay couple, is that true?
Attachments:
liandmurk.jpg

Posted by: stephen ()
Date: June 27, 2015 11:30AM

Who Bought the Alcohol ? None of them were 21. When the driver gets out of prison, he will be free to do it again. I have to love Virginia's government and the cover up that these Drunk Drivers pose to our safety.

Fairfax County #1 Drunk driving death's 5 years in a row, also #1 drunk driving Accidents. Who's in Charge ????????????
You have to go to the DMV web sight to find drunk driving info.

Posted by: Homer Maxwell ()
Date: June 27, 2015 12:33PM

stephen Wrote:
> Who Bought the Alcohol ? None of them were 21.
> When the driver gets out of prison, he will be
> free to do it again. I have to love Virginia's
> government and the cover up that these Drunk
> Drivers pose to our safety.
>
> Fairfax County #1 Drunk driving death's 5 years in
> a row, also #1 drunk driving Accidents. Who's in
> Charge ????????????
> You have to go to the DMV web sight to find drunk
> driving info.

Hey moron this accident happened in MD. Why are you bitching about VA?

Posted by: alcoholisadrug ()
Date: June 27, 2015 02:50PM

LDmUv Wrote:
> It looks like the car was maybe traveling 25 MPH,
> NOT!!
>
> Yes, alcohol may have been a factor, HOWEVER, even
> the stupid police and media miss the bigger point.
> SPEED was the primary factor to what caused the
> accident, injuries and deaths, alcohol just
> impaired the drivers ability to recall what he
> should have learned in Physics class.
>
> I get SO tried of everything being blamed on drugs
> and alcohol. You can be under the influence, drive
> the speed limit and not likely kill multiple
> people and tear your car into 4 or more pieces.
>
> Even under the influence, if you have half a
> brain, you should be/could be aware that maybe
> going the speed limit is a much better option than
> going 2-4 times the speed limit.
>
> Back in my earlier years, I probably drove when I
> should not have, BUT, I carefully watched my speed
> and was EXTRA cautious. Never wrecked, never hurt
> myself or anyone else, just made sure I was as
> aware of everything as I could be. Never pulled
> over or had a DUI. Was it smart to get behind the
> wheel, no, but I also knew when I should CLEARLY
> not get behind the wheel as well.
>
> Put a totally sober driver in the same situation
> going the speed this car was traveling and the
> outcome would likely be the same.
>
> Alcohol impairs judgement, SPEED kills.

Are you sure you're IQ isn't below 5? Because you are a full blown retard for suggesting alcohol isn't dangerous.
ALCOHOL IS A DRUG PERIOD! It hinders your judgement and make you do stupid things that you wouldn't have done while sober like DUI. A fully sober driver will have the judgement to slow down during a curve and not speed excessively as this driver did. If you got behind the wheel, you should be thanking God for not taking some innocent life and i'm not talking about you. You deserve to stand under the devil himself while you burn a slow death for your actions.

Posted by: Darwin Wins Again ()
Date: June 27, 2015 02:54PM

At least the stupid little fucks were removed from the gene pool before breeding. No sympathy to any of them, and the parents should bear the costs of everything for raising such assholes.

Posted by: Updatetime! ()
Date: June 27, 2015 07:28PM

Apparently, the driver sam ellis will be charged with 2 counts of aggrevated vehicular manslaughter charges. He is so fucked

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: June 27, 2015 07:49PM

Notice to parents...

If your kids are "good kids", they don't drink, drive and kill people.

Either stop calling them good kids...or stop drinking, driving and killing people. Either way...zero fucks given for what you think you're entitled to.

Posted by: Stephen ()
Date: June 27, 2015 08:05PM

Virginia or Maryland, I hope they nail all these asshole drunk drivers to a cross, I have no problem putting them in prison for life.

Posted by: v4nWL ()
Date: June 27, 2015 08:35PM

alcoholisadrug Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> Are you sure you're IQ isn't below 5? Because you
> are a full blown retard for suggesting alcohol
> isn't dangerous.
> ALCOHOL IS A DRUG PERIOD! It hinders your
> judgement and make you do stupid things that you
> wouldn't have done while sober like DUI. A fully
> sober driver will have the judgement to slow down
> during a curve and not speed excessively as this
> driver did. If you got behind the wheel, you
> should be thanking God for not taking some
> innocent life and i'm not talking about you. You
> deserve to stand under the devil himself while you
> burn a slow death for your actions.

Alcohol = Liquid Courage

Alcohol is not dangerous if used in moderation and you use your head.

The problem is with the drinking age at 21 years old, kids these days have to sneak around and pound the booze.

Take a testosterone fueled teenage boy, put him behind the wheel sober, he thinks he is invincible, going the same speed down the same speed will equal the same outcome. Speed killed these kids, not the alcohol.

The alcohol just kept the kid from using his head because this would have taken extra mental processing. Chances are if this same kid did not have this accident this night, it would have happened in the near future, sober or not.

The problem is these kids have no respect for physics, common sense and impulse control. It was all fun and games until it all went bad.

3 other passengers could have/should have told this kid to knock it off, should never have put their life in this drivers hands but they all had a basic lack of understanding of how the situation could unfold.

The passengers DID NOT have to get into the car. The passengers COULD HAVE told the driver to slow the F down. Yes the driver is ultimately responsible for what happened here but there were a lot of factors that added up to make this a bad night for many families.

Seems Montgomery County has a lot of these problems. I recall a few years ago where a girl from Potomac may have been on River Road. Had here new BMW convertible graduation present and 3 or 4 other passengers in the car. She was sober as I recall. Way too much speed, way too inexperienced, lost control, car ran off the road, hit a tree and cut the car into 2 pieces killing all of most of the cars occupants.

Again, SPEED killed in this case as well.

The sooner the Schools, Parents, Police and News Media make is CRYSTAL Fing clear that sober or not, SPEED is the biggest factor in these fatalities. It is easy to blame the problem on alcohol, which is clearly a factor, but if the boy who was driving the car above would have been traveling the 25-40 MPH speed limit where ever this accident had occurred and was just to blind drunk to make the turn, I doubt the car would have gone airbone and been ripped into 3-4 pieces. Likely all occupants would be able to still talk about what happened.

Wake up stupid people, SPEED is the primary killer here.

Posted by: Officer Friendly ()
Date: June 27, 2015 08:35PM

Updatetime! Wrote:
> Apparently, the driver sam ellis will be charged
> with 2 counts of aggrevated vehicular manslaughter
> charges. He is so fucked

Yup, he is going to wish he was dead before this is over.

Posted by: Alcoholisbad ()
Date: July 01, 2015 12:15AM

Alexander Murk should be on his way to Penn State today.

Instead, his parents are making funeral plans and his Wootton High School classmates are in mourning.

Murk, 18, of Potomac and Calvin Jia-Xing Li, 18, of Rockville died Thursday night after they and two other friends attended an underage drinking party, according to Montgomery County Police. Neither teen was wearing a seat belt.

“It’s a parent’s worst nightmare. I pulled into driveway with two officers who told me my son was dead,” Alexander Murk’s father said at a vigil for the teens Sunday at the crash scene.

Date: July 01, 2015 01:19AM

v4nWL Wrote:
> alcoholisadrug Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> ----
> > Are you sure you're IQ isn't below 5? Because
> you
> > are a full blown retard for suggesting alcohol
> > isn't dangerous.
> > ALCOHOL IS A DRUG PERIOD! It hinders your
> > judgement and make you do stupid things that
> you
> > wouldn't have done while sober like DUI. A
> fully
> > sober driver will have the judgement to slow
> down
> > during a curve and not speed excessively as
> this
> > driver did. If you got behind the wheel, you
> > should be thanking God for not taking some
> > innocent life and i'm not talking about you.
> You
> > deserve to stand under the devil himself while
> you
> > burn a slow death for your actions.
>
> Alcohol = Liquid Courage
>
> Alcohol is not dangerous if used in moderation and
> you use your head.
>
> The problem is with the drinking age at 21 years
> old, kids these days have to sneak around and
> pound the booze.
>
> Take a testosterone fueled teenage boy, put him
> behind the wheel sober, he thinks he is
> invincible, going the same speed down the same
> speed will equal the same outcome. Speed killed
> these kids, not the alcohol.
>
> The alcohol just kept the kid from using his head
> because this would have taken extra mental
> processing. Chances are if this same kid did not
> have this accident this night, it would have
> happened in the near future, sober or not.
>
> The problem is these kids have no respect for
> physics, common sense and impulse control. It was
> all fun and games until it all went bad.
>
> 3 other passengers could have/should have told
> this kid to knock it off, should never have put
> their life in this drivers hands but they all had
> a basic lack of understanding of how the situation
> could unfold.
>
> The passengers DID NOT have to get into the car.
> The passengers COULD HAVE told the driver to slow
> the F down. Yes the driver is ultimately
> responsible for what happened here but there were
> a lot of factors that added up to make this a bad
> night for many families.
>
> Seems Montgomery County has a lot of these
> problems. I recall a few years ago where a girl
> from Potomac may have been on River Road. Had here
> new BMW convertible graduation present and 3 or 4
> other passengers in the car. She was sober as I
> recall. Way too much speed, way too inexperienced,
> lost control, car ran off the road, hit a tree and
> cut the car into 2 pieces killing all of most of
> the cars occupants.
>
> Again, SPEED killed in this case as well.
>
> The sooner the Schools, Parents, Police and News
> Media make is CRYSTAL Fing clear that sober or
> not, SPEED is the biggest factor in these
> fatalities. It is easy to blame the problem on
> alcohol, which is clearly a factor, but if the boy
> who was driving the car above would have been
> traveling the 25-40 MPH speed limit where ever
> this accident had occurred and was just to blind
> drunk to make the turn, I doubt the car would have
> gone airbone and been ripped into 3-4 pieces.
> Likely all occupants would be able to still talk
> about what happened.
>
> Wake up stupid people, SPEED is the primary killer
> here.

Valid point.

Date: July 01, 2015 01:19AM

Stephen Wrote:
> Virginia or Maryland, I hope they nail all these
> asshole drunk drivers to a cross, I have no
> problem putting them in prison for life.

you’re a dick

Posted by: mjs ()
Date: July 01, 2015 06:50AM

Come on.... speed doesn't kill....

Its the speed differential. IE sudden stop,that does all the damage

Posted by: Wb3GC ()
Date: July 01, 2015 07:43AM

THANK YOU OP FOR BRINGING THIS MOST IMPORTANT, CRUCIAL, AND VITAL STORY TO FAIRFAX COUNTY. I FOR ONE WILL SAY THAT YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE!

NOW, PLEASE GO TO A TABLE SAW, LEAN OVER THE BLADE, TURN THE SWITCH TO ON, DROP YOUR HEAD DOWN!

Date: July 01, 2015 08:39AM

mjs Wrote:
> Come on.... speed doesn't kill....
>
>
> Its the speed differential. IE sudden stop,that
> does all the damage

haha naturally. but, it was the speed which caused the car NOT to make the turn, resulting in the sudden stop at the tree(s), etc.

Date: July 01, 2015 08:45AM

It was likely the driver’s lack of experience which caused him NOT to follow the lower speed limit sign just before the curve. That specific lesson in physics is often learned the hard way.

Posted by: David H ()
Date: July 01, 2015 07:35PM

Officer Friendly Wrote:
> Updatetime! Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Apparently, the driver sam ellis will be
> charged
> > with 2 counts of aggrevated vehicular
> manslaughter
> > charges. He is so fucked
>
> Yup, he is going to wish he was dead before this
> is over.

Is that right? I couldn't disagree more. Those are just the charges, wait for the plea deal he gets where he will serve community service and be on probation.

I knew a kid who a similar thing happened to about 15 years ago in the area. Killed his best friend except this driver was over twice as drunk. He had a bac of.24 this kid was .1. Anyway, the dead kids parents ended up testifying asking for leniency. He got no time and got his license back after 18 months. I imagine similar things will happen in this case. I strongly doubt he will see any jail time. He will probably live off his parents and continue to party and do what he does. He tweeted today r.i.p. Love you guys. See you soon.
How disrespectful is that always than a week after killing them ?
Stay off social and shut your mouth. You would be in jail. If your parents didn't have the money to post bail. This kid will probably enjoy the publicity and use it to get more twitter followers.

Welcome to growing up in the wealthy suburbs of dC. Where there is really no justice unless you are not from there and kill someone driving drunk.
I will be shocked if he gets more than a slap on the wrist once this is done he will be laughing.

Your response is just so clueless to reality in similar cases in Maryland. I do not know about VA. Maybe your judges are not as liberal. I would say hang him to deter others.

Posted by: dc39E ()
Date: July 01, 2015 08:21PM

Alcoholisbad Wrote:
> Alexander Murk should be on his way to Penn State
> today.
>
>

Since when does school start in July?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.