HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
does FCPS know how to google? (Roger Vanderhye) New WMS principal
Posted by: House hold of 6 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 02:59PM

Letters To The School
Re: Roger Vanderhye and Trespassing Arrest

Here are some of the letters written to the school. I've deleted the names from the letters to not offend the authors. Should anyone question the accuracy of these letters please submit a Freedom Of Information Act request to the school and they will send you copies of them with the names, etc
Dear Mr. Vanderhye:

It is becoming known that Spring Hill Elementary is a school to stay away from due to its principal. Your abuse of a down syndrome child and his father is reprehensible. The "principal" problem at Spring HIll is the sort of insider information that real estate buyer agents (among others) regularly share with prospective purchasers. It is useful to know to steer people away from the Spring HIll Elementary School boundary area. You will do well to consider a different profession. Once you are replaced, we will consider the Spring Hill area a safe place once again for families with elementary school - aged children.

Herndon, Virginia
Subject: Roger Vanderhye's disgraceful behavior and national spotlight

Dear Fairfax County School Board and Mr. Dearden,

I must tell you that when I read the following story I was absolutely aghast. Do any of you recognize how exceedlingly difficult it is for a non-custodial father to stay involved in his child's life? A father who works so hard to remain involved with his progeny this way should be celebrated, not hauled off to jail.

If this is what Fairfax County is teaching the County's children about love and parental involvement then I would suggest the County needs to contemplate some serious changes. Perhaps the School Board and Mr. Vanderhye require significantly more training on how children are adversely impacted when one of their parents is largely removed from their lives.

Frankly, what was done by Mr. Vanderhye to Wesley Smith (Liam's father) is nothing short of a disgrace.

Mr. Vanderhye should be removed from his position of authority (and consequent discretion to abuse loving non-custodial parents the way he did Mr. Smith) immediately.

Media outlets around the country are being forwarded this information right now.

http://www.liamsdad.org/hall_of_shame/fcps/roger_vanderhye.shtml

Sincerely,
Dear Sirs,

I am writing to tell you all what a disgrace the situation relayed below by Wesley Smith, Liam's father, constitutes.

That a non-custodial parent should be treated the way that he has by your school system and the Virginia courts is absolutely disgraceful and disgusting. If this man hasn't dedicated his life to the betterment of his child's life then no man ever has.

Frankly, you all deserve to experience firsthand the horror inflicted on non-custodial fathers who are forcibly removed from their children's lives by an unjust system that punishes fathers for being men and punishes children by not allowing them to have real fathers.

This society is plummeting downhill at breakneck pace as our children and families are destroyed by greed, the hunger for power, and sheer ignorance. Please accept my congratulations for being in some measure directly and personally responsible for a good chunk of the disgrace that has become the core of America's social fabric.

And please have a good look in the mirror tonight while you contemplate the fact that someone like yourselves may one day visit upon your children or grandchildren the same type of horror that you yourselves has visited unjustly upon Wes Smith and his son Liam.
to the Board of Ed:
Clearly Roger Vanderhye should be fired from his position as principal of Spring Hill Elementary (another irony in that name!) for violating school policy and for possibly violating Wesley Smith's (Liam's Dad) civil rights as well. To have a child's parent arrested in front of his child, other students, teachers and parents because he is attending a birthday party smacks of NAZI pogroms against the Jews and should not be tolerated in a free society and especially in a public school. As a special lesson in civics it is appalling. Please take note that the internet makes it possible for people like Vanderhye to be exposed to public ridicule as rightly he should be.

Let's imagine that Wesley Smith is a woman, a mother, handicapped and an african-american, and possibly a Muslim...can you imagine one Mr. Vanderhye having the courage of his "convictions" then and having her arrested? And what would you do when Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton showed up to protest?

If Vanderhye is not simply a disturbed person (in which case I wouldnt want him setting policy and hiring teachers at my child's school nor would I want him around children), then at the least he is irresponsible and out of control, another reason that he should be removed from his position as principal.

Please take note - the whole world is watching.
Dear Roger,

Sorry I can not go to hear your excuses why you had Liam's dad arrested for being a dad next Monday. I have summer vacation with my kids, that I had to go to the courts to get that sorted out. I too have an ex that would just like me dropping out of my childs lives. THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN. I have had the evil letter written to the school by my ex (Most of it is false acusations) and because of this I will support Liam's Dad.

I will support and recomend action against Roger Vanderhye.

Support the best interest of Liam he needs his father....
Attention All:.

Liam Smith is lucky because he has a good dad who loves him very much. Liam Smith is unlucky because he has a bad school principal who needs lessons on the value of sound judgment..

Mr. Wesley Smith did not deserve jail time AND DOES NOT DESERVE MORE TIME IN A COURTROOM! He deserves more time with his child and a letter of apology from representatives of the school board.

[name removed], RN
of COP ~ Court Observers Project 19th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
and MAUL ~ Mothers Against Unjust Law
Dear Mr. Dale ~

Would you kindly consider keeping the Fathers Day Weekend event at Springhill Elementary involving Mr. Wesley Smith and Mr. Roger Vanderhye out of the courtroom?

The mother of 1st grader Liam Smith is simply being misguided by another unethical domestic relations lawyer.

Please ease up on the father of Liam, Mr. Wesley Smith, and please crack down on the principal of Springhill, Mr. Roger Vanderhye. I am

Respectfully yours,
Dear Sirs & Madams:

I recently read in the news about the actions of Mr. Roger Vanderhye which lead to the arrest of a parent, Wesley Smith, at a public school function in your district.

It is the non-thinking, paranoid, hype-believing folks like Mr. Vanderhye that are model examples of the decay of the American public school system. His wreckless behavior is exceedingly harmful to the child, Liam Smith, and to the Smith family.

On behalf of loving divorced father's in America, I implore you to take compensatory action to Mr. Wesley Smith, and corrective actions to Mr. Vanderhye.

Sincerely,
Single Loving Dad of three children,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: does FCPS know how to google? (Roger Vanderhye) New WMS principal
Posted by: FCPS does not check backgrounds! ()
Date: June 23, 2015 03:05PM

FCPS does not check backgrounds.

FCPS gave Eric Jensen a sole source contract due to his education. His education consists of a very old degree in English and an online doctorate. His experience consists of being a motivational speaker. FCPS did nothing when this was pointed out to him.

FCPS allowed the hiring of Menville "Flip" Flippen. Flippen claims to be a psychotherapist. The reality is that he is a counselor, and is license is inactive at that. He claims to have "privileges at psychiatric hospitals" but neglects to mention which physicians supervise and sponsor him. His inert license does away with that anyway. FCPS did nothing when this was pointed out to them.

Posted by: wrong way of thinking ()
Date: June 23, 2015 03:22PM

The problem is that people think sending your kid to public school is acceptable.

Look, kids need an education, but relying on the government to provide that service is a fools errand.

You need to eat too, do successful people rely on the government to purchase groceries?

Posted by: email from Region 3 assistant ()
Date: June 24, 2015 10:22AM

Mr. ********,

Thank you for your email. Today’s announcement is an option the Superintendent may exercise in lieu of a principal selection panel. It is an option that is infrequently used, depending on the circumstances at an individual school. We felt strongly that a proven leader would benefit Whitman Middle School. Mr. Vanderhye is a highly regarded, qualified and experienced principal who will serve the Whitman students, staff and school community well.

Sincerely,

Deborah L. Tyler
Fairfax County Public Schools
Assistant Superintendent
Region 3

Posted by: Reading through the lines ()
Date: June 24, 2015 12:23PM

Looks to me that this principal had to have this parent removed from the school, and the OP (whether he is the actual parent or a supporter) went batshit about it.

Most often, non-custodial parents ARE NOT allowed to take their children out of school, etc. without the strict permission of the custodial parent. This is usually due to a court order, and for the safety of the child.

Posted by: Vyfcd ()
Date: June 24, 2015 06:51PM

Reading through the lines Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks to me that this principal had to have this
> parent removed from the school, and the OP
> (whether he is the actual parent or a supporter)
> went batshit about it.
>
> Most often, non-custodial parents ARE NOT allowed
> to take their children out of school, etc. without
> the strict permission of the custodial parent.
> This is usually due to a court order, and for the
> safety of the child.

Non custodial parents are absolutely allowed to take their children out of school unless there is a court order saying otherwise.

The OP (who I have to assume is Liam's dad or a friend of his) had already posted this shit on the other thread on this topic. Additionally, anyone with half a brain and a computer found this information themselves when the announcement about the new principal came out. Liam's dad sounds crazy. Sorry. He needs to get a life. I will only believe his side of the story if he posts the full court records and transcripts because I guarantee you the other side of this story is the truth.

Posted by: YoyurueCray ()
Date: June 24, 2015 07:00PM

Sorry, but 'Liam's dad' sounds like a total weirdo

Posted by: Sh1359 ()
Date: November 19, 2015 10:13PM

Who is replacing Mr V at Spring Hill?

Posted by: Change Can Be Good ()
Date: January 06, 2016 01:44PM

With the new Superintendent on board I believe FCPS will offer a better environment for its employees to work. Those who are unable to get with the new program will leave. The bullying will cease and staff morale will go up. Couple that with the changes in the curriculum standards laws things should be ok.

As far as Mr. V. Who knows, there is no solid evidence that he has really done anything other than letters of support for a gentleman he had removed from Spring Hill's campus. I am not saying he was right in doing that, but he was not convicted of any wrong doing either. Legally it was ok. Morally??

Posted by: sadloss principal ()
Date: January 13, 2017 05:22PM

Well, you don't have to worry about him anymore. He passed away last night. Should be sad that this was your last post about Roger Vanderhyde.

Posted by: Loss ()
Date: January 13, 2017 06:21PM

Terrible loss for Whitman...by far the best principal they've ever had.

Posted by: wrr ()
Date: January 14, 2017 12:40AM

how did he die?

Posted by: The best principal ever ()
Date: January 16, 2017 10:14AM

Roger was the best principal any one could ever have. He protected his teachers and would always take the heat for them. This was a prime example of that. He raised the bar and produced highly experienced educators and in turn highly educated students. One person's crazy rant will never erase the great legacy he left behind. We got this now... So he can finally rest in peace.

Posted by: what? ()
Date: January 16, 2017 11:43AM

Did Wesley Smith murder him?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.