HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
renewing suspended driver license
Posted by: questions ()
Date: May 14, 2009 08:26PM

over 3 years ago I got a DUI and had my license suspended for 1 year. I am going to get it renewed since the 1 year has long passed. Online it says I need 2 proofs of identity, 1 proof of legal presence, proof of VA residency and proof of SSN.
My question is: What documents would the DMV accept as Proof of Identity that is not listed here: http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/pdf/dmv141.pdf
(it says some documents not listed on there MAY be accepted)

Also: I took the ASAP course, what other things must I go thru in order to be able to finally get my license.

Thanks if you can help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: renewing suspended driver license
Posted by: yes ()
Date: May 14, 2009 08:26PM

You should buy a dog.

Posted by: HIJACKER ()
Date: May 14, 2009 08:28PM

Go green and ride a bike.

Date: May 14, 2009 08:41PM

Try and be serious, the DMV site is not very helpful and going to the DMV and waiting then having them say you don't have enough proof of identity is annoying and frustrating..I have been using this site for years and I know answering seriously on here is very rare but just try and help, just this once

Posted by: HIJACKER ()
Date: May 14, 2009 08:53PM

Try and be serious?? Fuck you - maybe you should try and be sober when you drive.

Posted by: YA///8.9 ()
Date: May 14, 2009 09:04PM

Send a PM to Inkahootz. He got three DUIs in five years, so he knows all about DMV.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: May 14, 2009 09:06PM

YA///8.9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Send a PM to Inkahootz. He got three DUIs in five
> years, so he knows all about DMV.

BTW, it was two in ten.

Date: May 14, 2009 09:08PM

Why are you(hijacker) talking shit online when I am simply asking for help for a delicate issue. I made a mistake and I have sworn to never drive under the influence again..you are obviously insecure and scrawny to respond in such a manner online

Posted by: Sodu ()
Date: May 14, 2009 09:09PM

http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:r2jWcD8yotwJ:www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/pdf/pro41.pdf+virginia+dmv+proof+of+identity&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Primary Documents
• Virginia DMV-issued driver’s license unexpired or expired for not more than one year.

• Virginia DMV-issued learner’s/instruction permit unexpired or expired for not more than one year. If presented by an individual 19 years old or over, the learner’s/instruction permit must have been issued after September 21, 2001.

• Virginia DMV-issued photo identification card (excluding child ID cards) issued after September 21, 2001 unexpired or expired for not more than one year.

• Unexpired driver’s license or learner’s/instruction permit (with photo), not less than 60 days old, issued by a U.S. state (other than Virginia), jurisdiction or territory.

• Birth certificate issued by a U.S. state, jurisdiction or territory. FOREIGN BIRTH CERTIFICATES ARE NOT ACCEPTED.

• Unexpired photo ID card, not less than 60 days old, issued by a U.S. state (other than Virginia), jurisdiction or territory (school and employee IDcards are not included).

• Unexpired U.S. military ID card of an active duty or retired member (IDcards of military dependents are not acceptable as primary identitydocuments).

• Unexpired U.S. passport.

• Unexpired foreign passport with a visa, I-94 or I-94W orI-551 stamp. An I-94W MUST be from a country participating in the VisaWaiver Pilot Program.

• U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (form N-550, N-570 orN-578).

• U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (form N-560 or N-561).

• U.S. Citizen Identification Card (form I-197).

• Unexpired Temporary Resident Card (form I-688).

• Unexpired Employment Authorization Card (form I-688A,I-688B or I-766).

• Unexpired Refugee Travel Document (form I-571).

• Unexpired Resident Alien Card, Permanent Resident Card, NorthernMarianas Card (form I-551).

• A copy of the first and last page of an application for asylum (Request forAsylum in the United States) provided the pages are accompanied byeither a receipt from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)showing the application has been filed or documentation verifying theap-plication is pending in immigration court; OR Documentation indicating adecision to grant asylum by the Asylum Office or the original of adocument granting asylum issued by an immigration judge or the INS. Either or both of these documents will count as one primary document.

• Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States ofAmerica (form FS-240) or Certification of Report of Birth Abroad of aCitizen of the United States of America (Form DS-1350).

Secondary Documents
• U.S. Selective Service Card.

• Court order for adoption, name change or gender change from a U.S.state, jurisdiction or territory. Must contain court seal. Abstracts ofcriminal or civil convictions are not acceptable.

• U.S. military discharge papers (form DD214).

• Certified copy of school records/transcript issued by a U.S. state,jurisdiction or territory or by a state-accredited private school OR a Virginia Department of Education Certificate of Enrollment form (a reportcard is not acceptable).

• Health insurance card or policy.

• Life insurance policy.

• Unexpired welfare/social services identification card with photo, issued by a municipality.

• State-issued driver’s license or learner’s/instruction permit (other thanVirginia), with photo, expired not more than five years.

• State-issued photo identification card (other than Virginia), expired notmore than five years (school and employee ID cards are not included).

• U.S. passport—expired not more than five years.

• Foreign passport—expired not more than five years, with a visa,I-94 or I-94W, or I-551 stamp. An I-94W must be from a country participat-ing in the Visa Waiver Pilot Program.

• Marriage license issued by a U.S. state, jurisdiction, territory or municipal-ity.

• Unexpired military dependent ID card, with photo.

• Unexpired Fairfax Underground membership card.

• Unexpired weapons or gun permit issued by federal, state or municipal government.

• Unexpired pilot’s license.

• INS form I-797 (applicable only for individuals whose names appear on the form).

• U.S Department of State form IAP-66 (applicable only for the individualswhose names appear on the form).

• Veterans Universal Access Identification Card.

•Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States (form I-512).

Posted by: scottydfl422 ()
Date: May 14, 2009 09:10PM

In all seriousness, questions, you will need your birth certificate or a passport (expired or unexpired), your social security card, and a utility bill with your name and address.

Date: May 14, 2009 09:16PM

Can I use my birth certificate to show 1 proof of identity and use it also to show proof of legal presence

Posted by: ya 5.0 ()
Date: May 14, 2009 09:16PM

questions Wrote:
> Why are you(hijacker) talking shit online when I
> am simply asking for help for a delicate issue. I
> made a mistake and I have sworn to never drive
> under the influence again..you are obviously
> insecure and scrawny to respond in such a manner
> online

Its a shame you didn't get drunk and run into a tree.

Posted by: scottydfl422 ()
Date: May 14, 2009 09:33PM

questions Wrote:
> Can I use my birth certificate to show 1 proof of
> identity and use it also to show proof of legal
> presence

I believe so--not 100% sure though

Date: May 14, 2009 09:36PM

I figured it out....thanks scottyd and sodu

Last question though: Do I have to take a driver improvement class if it has been 3 years and I am over the age of 21?

Posted by: Ya 9000 ()
Date: May 14, 2009 09:42PM

questions Wrote:
> I figured it out....thanks scottyd and sodu
>
> Last question though: Do I have to take a driver
> improvement class if it has been 3 years and I am
> over the age of 21?

No, just seal yourself in a garage with the car running. Will probably save a few lives.

Date: May 14, 2009 10:01PM

Wow, you are so cool...how old are you, 5?

Karma will cetch up to you eventually

Posted by: been there, done that ()
Date: May 14, 2009 10:15PM

questions Wrote:
> Last question though: Do I have to take a driver
> improvement class if it has been 3 years and I am
> over the age of 21?

You will have to take the written exam and also the road test. Make sure the car you use for the road test has EVERYTHING working. If you have even 1 bulb out they automaticaly fail you.

Posted by: Ya 990004 ()
Date: May 14, 2009 10:31PM

questions Wrote:
> Wow, you are so cool...how old are you, 5?
>
> Karma will cetch up to you eventually

Karma eh? Like drinking yourself blind and then getting caught by the police. That type of karma?

Make sure you abort any potential children, we don't need anymore fuck ups in the world. :-(

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: May 14, 2009 11:47PM

Birth Certificate, Voter registration card, SSN card, old drivers license, utility bill with your address on it, tax bill.

Posted by: Billy Bob Goldberg ()
Date: May 14, 2009 11:54PM

Or you could flash 'em your willy if it's got an identifying mark like Slick Willy's.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: May 15, 2009 08:17AM

You all forgot the $85 fee for lifting the suspension. Plus other costs associated with getting the license, inlcuding any possible fees relating to the time that has elapsed since he last had one. Don't forget your wallet.

BTW if you have a walker ID or passport you can forget a lot of that crap, but the birth certificate is an absolute must.

Posted by: why ()
Date: May 15, 2009 08:27AM

He will have to take the road test? Why not just the written exam?

Date: May 15, 2009 10:10PM

I actually made it to the DMV today and in my earlier postings I mentioned how frustrating it was to have to make several trips to get what I need to go, well the DMV in fairoaks had a watermain leak and all written examinations could not be performed.. oh well maybe next week.

Posted by: ya_______ ()
Date: May 15, 2009 10:15PM

You don't need a license, just go home and drink yourself blind. Its all you're good for.

Date: May 16, 2009 02:18PM

I just got it, and I wish I knew 'YA' real name so i could run his ass over

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.