HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
GMU Recruiting diet supplement research participants - up to $235 for participation
Posted by: Leah ()
Date: May 28, 2015 12:53PM

Interested in participating in research about nutrition and gut health?

George Mason University is recruiting research participants for a study of a new prebiotic nutritional supplement. Prebiotics are soluble fiber food ingredients that stimulate the growth and maintenance of beneficial bacteria in the digestive system. Prebiotics have been shown to have a positive impact on health and wellness. We are trying to measure the effect of a particular prebiotic nutritional supplement on beneficial bacteria.

We are recruiting research participants for a randomized study of a daily dose of the prebiotic or placebo for eight weeks. Individuals who are between the ages of 18 and 45, and are in good health are eligible to participate. Participation will involve taking a daily supplement, completing questionnaires, and collecting stool samples four times and returning them to the Research Center.

Participants will be paid a stipend of $235 for completion of all study requirements.

If you are interested in participating in the study, please email gutstudy@gmu.edu

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GMU Recruiting diet supplement research participants - up to $235 for participation
Posted by: Rocky. ()
Date: May 28, 2015 12:55PM

Will I get an erection that lasts more than 4 hours?

Re: GMU Recruiting diet supplement research participants - up to $235 for participation
Posted by: Collecting Stool Samples ()
Date: May 28, 2015 02:50PM

Sign me up!

Posted by: oooooooooooo_signmeup! ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:30PM

collecting stool samples four times...so am I defecating in my hand before I go to your office, or just take care of that in the waiting room????

Date: May 28, 2015 03:37PM

The samples are collected at home with a very easy-to-use swab kit; the swab only comes in contact with the toilet paper after you wipe.

Please email gutstudy@gmu.edu if you are interested!

Posted by: oooooooooooo_signmeup! ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:54PM

Isn't it easier just to stick swab up my rectum since TP might be a contaminated 3rd party object (not sure if scented or not, for example)?

Posted by: Charmin ()
Date: May 28, 2015 04:22PM

obama-toilet-paper-62.png

Posted by: JosephMengeleAward ()
Date: May 28, 2015 04:25PM

Do they actually watch you down the pill and make you show your tongue? $235 isn't much for somebody to potentially sacrifice their health to be your guinea pig. Shame on you, asking too much and giving too little here. Why don't you go over to Fairfax County detention center, they are always looking for candy money. That's about a month and a half worth of candy, Wow! Of course, I'm sure you researching on the prisoners would violate their human rights somehow!

Posted by: Aiden Pearce ()
Date: May 28, 2015 04:28PM

Girl who works at Nova financial aid office gave me herpes. Fucking cunt

Date: May 28, 2015 04:33PM

More information on the study can be found at the link below:

http://mbac.gmu.edu/mbac_wp/mbac-researchers-and-isothrive-join-forces-for-research-study/

Posted by: New Law ()
Date: May 28, 2015 04:39PM

New Law... Research subjects get stock in whatever companies get ahold of the drug and a profit share.
If it can get written into law that CEO's of non-profits MUST be paid commeasurably to the private sector,( what a joke ) why not?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.