HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tour Bus drivers that slip through the cracks. 395 tour bus fire over the Weekend.
Posted by: JayMax ()
Date: May 27, 2015 07:00PM

Every year there are more and more tour bus accidents. Same are accidents but the worst ones are normally huge neglect. This past weekend one caught on fire south of D.C. but no one was able to figure out the cause. Witch made me think it was a mechanical issue since it was the back of the bus on fire. Then this video surfaced on Facebook yesterday.

https://youtu.be/Mw6yigXe6s4

I makes me think what kind of training and certification is really required to drive a bus...What sucks is I am taking one to New York this weekend and now im going to sweat the trip....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tour Bus drivers that slip through the cracks. 395 tour bus fire over the Weekend.
Posted by: Sonny Drysdale ()
Date: May 27, 2015 08:02PM

All I saw was 2 faggots on their scooters.

Re: Tour Bus drivers that slip through the cracks. 395 tour bus fire over the Weekend.
Posted by: drove a bus ()
Date: May 27, 2015 08:44PM

It looks like the tire on the tag axle blew and the rim dropped onto the pavement where it scraped until it caught something on fire (probably the remnants of the tire). The guy should have felt it or seen the smoke at some point.

I used to drive for Greyhound 40 years ago. I've had a rear air brake (I don't have time to explain how air brakes work) hang up and get very hot but not hot enough to ignite anything. You can not feel a hung (rear) brake from the drivers seat. I was in NYC and smelled it at a traffic light. If it was night and at interstate speeds, I probably wouldn't have known it until something broke or caught fire.

If you are taking one of those Chinatown or other $20 buses to New York, you have VERY good reason to "sweat the trip". Those cut rate buses operate on razor thin margins. You can figure out the rest.

Posted by: you=DIAF ()
Date: May 27, 2015 08:47PM

Sonny Drysdale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All I saw was 2 faggots on their scooters.

Eat shit, troll. Don't be an asshole because you're fighting the familiar feeling of being completely unable to contribute in any possible way.

Posted by: Sonny Drysdale ()
Date: May 28, 2015 04:47AM

you=DIAF Wrote:
> Sonny Drysdale Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > All I saw was 2 faggots on their scooters.
>
>
> Eat shit, troll. Don't be an asshole because
> you're fighting the familiar feeling of being
> completely unable to contribute in any possible
> way.

Instead of Rolling Thunder, let's call you homos Rolling Wet Fart.

Posted by: 395 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:12AM

I thought the title was saying there were 395 bus crashes over the weekend lol

Date: May 28, 2015 11:23PM

Yes it's the $20 Chinatown bus. I didn't find many options. I could of rode Amtrak instead lol.

Posted by: Ying Ko ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:14AM

JayMax Wrote:
> Yes it's the $20 Chinatown bus. I didn't find many
> options. I could of rode Amtrak instead lol.

Could have

Posted by: Stay home ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:44AM

Amtrak crashes too

Posted by: esq ()
Date: May 29, 2015 10:48AM

JayMax Wrote:
> Yes it's the $20 Chinatown bus. I didn't find many
> options. I could of rode Amtrak instead lol.

At least if you get hurt or killed on an Amtrak train, you can recover damages.
The US taxpayer pays up.

Those cut-rate buses are leased and re-leased so many times that even a sharp lawyer has trouble figuring out who the hell owns the bus. Even if the owner is known, good luck collecting much of anything.

Date: May 29, 2015 12:31PM

Im going to Sleep the whole trip. Hopefully I wake up Alive :/

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.