HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Since Facebook is Dead Now, What is your Favorite New Social Site? Instagram?
Posted by: Dead Facebook ()
Date: May 27, 2015 10:17AM

Yes, I know Facebook has been dying for years and now you just find old people and the dregs of society on it.

What are the new social sites that people in Fairfax county use? Snapchat? Instagram? Twitter? Aform? Pintrest?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Since Facebook is Dead Now, What is your Favorite New Social Site? Instagram?
Posted by: Kool Kidz Klub ()
Date: May 27, 2015 10:38AM

If you have to ask, then you're not cool enough to be invited.

Re: Since Facebook is Dead Now, What is your Favorite New Social Site? Instagram?
Posted by: Jesus hates Facebook ()
Date: May 27, 2015 11:20AM

My hope is ALL social media dies a quick death and everyone who invested in this nonsense loses every penny. It is the scourge of our society and the home of the devil himself. Our young people have completely forgotten how to have a meaningful in person relationship with HUMANS. They are incapable of conversation unless it's on a screen.
Attachments:
zombies.jpg

Posted by: Realist! ()
Date: May 27, 2015 11:24AM

Jesus hates Facebook Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My hope is ALL social media dies a quick death and
> everyone who invested in this nonsense loses every
> penny. It is the scourge of our society and the
> home of the devil himself. Our young people have
> completely forgotten how to have a meaningful in
> person relationship with HUMANS. They are
> incapable of conversation unless it's on a screen.

This is what's wrong with the older the generation. They can figure out that there's an entire world out there beyond their 10 friends they see once a month.

At least I can understand that fat and ugly people don't want to be on social media because, well they, they are just ugly.

Posted by: mYPWj ()
Date: May 27, 2015 11:26AM

1) Twitter
2) Instagram
3) SnapChat

Posted by: nc;plasjf;l ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:23PM

Yik Yak

Posted by: nobook ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:41PM

I remember only 15 years ago- I had a huge group of "in real life" friends I could call and actually go hang out with on a friday night. If group a didn't work i could call group b and so on....I had friends from the "skaters" to "jocks" to "nerds" so could easily mingle amongst any group.....

Now all the groups are on facebook, and although we are still "friends" we never get together as they are "too busy" posting about their awesome lives on facebook to show off to others instead of actually spending real face time in front of their real life friends. They have kids but so do I- that is no excuse to not make a 3 hour tour once a quarter to catch up with an old friend FACE TO FACE!!! You really DONT know for SURE that is "bob" on the other side of that keyboard some things are meant to be said face to face only!!!!

The few times we did hang out recently, they were constantly on their phones....I have given up and cut them all off save the ones who actually make time for real physical time spent with me!!! Much better!!!

I do get facebook messages from old friends- only asking for "likes" on this or that cause or asking "where the bud at"...but if i propose them coming over my spacious house with a hottub for a nice BBQ/kegger/smoke sesh they don't have the time to hang out, they only want to pick up, go home, and get back on facebook and netflix and not socalize at all....don;t have time for that pettyness....their loss of a friend!!!!!

Posted by: MILF Lover ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:42PM

Facebook isn't dead for me - its a new world and amazing how many beauties are joining. I go on Match, find a hawt momma and immediately click google search image and immediately find the divorced mommies name and the hot pics on Facebook.

Never go away Facebook, you got this MILF lover very happy!

Posted by: FBer ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:59PM

MILF Lover Wrote:
> Facebook isn't dead for me - its a new world and
> amazing how many beauties are joining. I go on
> Match, find a hawt momma and immediately click
> google search image and immediately find the
> divorced mommies name and the hot pics on
> Facebook.
>
> Never go away Facebook, you got this MILF lover
> very happy!

I'm afraid to see what you're perving.

The hot chicks I know now skip posting sexy pictures on facebook because the pics end up with the "creepy guy", office or family members see them.

Not to mention somebody snapping a pic of them getting drunk and then posting it on facebook.

Posted by: Death the Social Media ()
Date: May 27, 2015 03:09PM

nobook Wrote:
>
>
>
> The few times we did hang out recently, they were
> constantly on their phones....I have given up and
> cut them all off save the ones who actually make
> time for real physical time spent with me!!! Much
> better!!!
>
>
>

Nailed it! I hate this. I have friends that will literally drop a forkful of food which is about to enter their mouth in order to check an incoming text or look at a tweet. I call it "Sensory Overload Syndrome". My 22 year old sister has it so bad we are considering an intervention.

Posted by: Want some internet candy baby? ()
Date: May 27, 2015 03:13PM

Realist! Wrote:
>
>
> This is what's wrong with the older the
> generation. They can figure out that there's an
> entire world out there beyond their 10 friends
> they see once a month.
>
>

And that's what's wrong with the younger generation. That would rather cherish a 2 x 3 screen than an actual living breathing person sitting in front of them. I almost pass out with laughter when I see the ones who are facebook or twitter "dating" and they have never even seen the person. For all they know, they could be "dating" a 75 year old prison inmate or the guy in this picture LOL. What a crock!

Posted by: Qwestro ()
Date: May 27, 2015 03:25PM

Over the last 4 months the number of people posting on my FB has dropped like a rock. It's like the only people left posting on FB are the freak zone now.

I have one guy who posts over 10 political posts about hating Obama, another guy who post "happy" meme pictures and fat girl that posts pics of her dog. That's in between the posts of realtor friends trying to sell me a house.

I miss the good ole FB days of drunken women do shots off each other and stupid shit posts.

Posted by: Sonny Drysdale ()
Date: May 27, 2015 05:46PM

Where are the white women?

Posted by: Just Wondering ()
Date: May 27, 2015 05:59PM

Some poster above already is ahead of me, but I just wanted to say that when I was a teenager/young adult, I had real friends, and actually did real things, in real time. I have no time for this social-site-shit. I look at you Millenials, constantly staring at your phones, and I wonder what the Hell are you actually looking at.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 feeling lazy ()
Date: May 27, 2015 07:54PM

Dead Facebook Wrote:
> Yes, I know Facebook has been dying for years and
> now you just find old people and the dregs of
> society on it.
>
> What are the new social sites that people in
> Fairfax county use? Snapchat? Instagram? Twitter?
> Aform? Pintrest?

MySpace.

Posted by: Faster Tech ()
Date: May 27, 2015 08:08PM

Just Wondering Wrote:
> Some poster above already is ahead of me, but I
> just wanted to say that when I was a
> teenager/young adult, I had real friends, and
> actually did real things, in real time. I have no
> time for this social-site-shit. I look at you
> Millenials, constantly staring at your phones, and
> I wonder what the Hell are you actually looking
> at.

And did you talk on the phone with your friends sometimes or did you always run over to their house to talk with them?

Same thing as talking to somebody on the phone or writing letters. It's just been replaced by a faster technology.

Posted by: You have no clue ()
Date: May 27, 2015 10:38PM

Faster Tech Wrote:
> Just Wondering Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Some poster above already is ahead of me, but I
> > just wanted to say that when I was a
> > teenager/young adult, I had real friends, and
> > actually did real things, in real time. I have
> no
> > time for this social-site-shit. I look at you
> > Millenials, constantly staring at your phones,
> and
> > I wonder what the Hell are you actually looking
> > at.
>
> And did you talk on the phone with your friends
> sometimes or did you always run over to their
> house to talk with them?
>
> Same thing as talking to somebody on the phone or
> writing letters. It's just been replaced by a
> faster technology.

Nope. Not even close to being comparable in terms of the amount of time spent or degree of immersion.

Turn off your phone. Go outside and do something. Without taking and posting a selfie...

Posted by: Facebook for Losers ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:38AM

You have no clue Wrote:
> > And did you talk on the phone with your friends
> > sometimes or did you always run over to their
> > house to talk with them?
> >
> > Same thing as talking to somebody on the phone
> or
> > writing letters. It's just been replaced by a
> > faster technology.
>
>
> Nope. Not even close to being comparable in terms
> of the amount of time spent or degree of
> immersion.
>
> Turn off your phone. Go outside and do something.
> Without taking and posting a selfie...

The people I hear complaining about social media are usually the people with no life what so ever. The people who are always complaining about selfies are the fat fucks.

Posted by: CIAo ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:39AM

Facebook is big in organizing protests and revolutions.

Posted by: Snappy Head ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:43AM

nc;plasjf;l Wrote:
> Yik Yak

Yik Yak is for high school kids or fat people. I'd say Instagram is hot right now and twitter for big personalities.

Google+, Vines and SnapChat are pretty hot too.

Posted by: No privacy on facebook ()
Date: May 29, 2015 11:37AM

The problem with facebook is that nothing is private any more. Facebook keeps messing with the privacy settings and now if you even comment or like on a friends post the world can see your post.

Not to mention that a boss, co-worker, creepy friend or family member might see your posts. That's not even including people who secret snap screen shot and then send the post of to other friends.

I once commented on a friends posts with a humorous kinda private joke. Unknown to me she had her privavy setting to friends of friends. Before I knew it the entire world saw my post and got pissed off at me. The joke was never meant for the entire public to see. Just a small group of friends.

Posted by: ...... ()
Date: May 29, 2015 12:45PM

Snappy Head Wrote:
> nc;plasjf;l Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yik Yak
>
> Yik Yak is for high school kids or fat people.
> I'd say Instagram is hot right now and twitter for
> big personalities.
>
> Google+, Vines and SnapChat are pretty hot too.

Hanzel. So hot right now.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.