HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: May 12, 2009 01:00PM

This is kinda wierd but, has anyone else noticed this 3 car caravan--2 sedans and an SUV, all black and all with US GOVT plates, that comes careening into the Pan Am shopping center on occasion? Complete with guys wearing earpieces hanging out the SUV windows doing their "high alert" thing?

I saw them again on Monday afternoon, and it's the 3rd or 4th time I've seen them in the last year. They drive around behind Michael's/Microcenter....and usually reappear in about 10-15 minutes and jump back on 66 Eastbound.

Weird. Wonder who it is?

Got me to thinking (yeah, yeah, dangerous, I know) about what level of Govt gets that kind of security? I mean...3 cars, about 10-12 men. Lotta salary in that caravan.

Monday I was at the light with them at Nutley/Lee Hgwy, but couldn't get a good look inside the sedan.

Hmmm.

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: May 12, 2009 01:21PM

Even g'ovt workers love Microcenter

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Junes ()
Date: May 12, 2009 01:26PM

There's got to be a burger joint somewhere around there that Obama and Biden REALLY like.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: gherqhertheqjpojNOCARRIER ()
Date: May 12, 2009 01:26PM

I have a relative who worked for the government, and he like to eat at one of the restaurants there. Maybe it's a popular lunch spot with them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: May 12, 2009 01:36PM

Junes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's got to be a burger joint somewhere around
> there that Obama and Biden REALLY like.


I think Obama and Biden (well at least Obama) get WAY more than a 3 car caravan. Just guessin on that.

The thing is, the restaurants there are sorta at the other end. And its a 10-15 minute stop--so it'd have to be take out. Take out Glory Days? UGH. It's bad enough to eat it there.

Pampered Prune Donuts? LOL Pho? doubt it. Shitty Chinese place? not likely.

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: May 12, 2009 01:49PM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is kinda wierd but, has anyone else noticed
> this 3 car caravan--2 sedans and an SUV, all black
> and all with US GOVT plates, that comes careening
> into the Pan Am shopping center on occasion?
> Complete with guys wearing earpieces hanging out
> the SUV windows doing their "high alert" thing?
>
> I saw them again on Monday afternoon, and it's the
> 3rd or 4th time I've seen them in the last year.
> They drive around behind
> Michael's/Microcenter....and usually reappear in
> about 10-15 minutes and jump back on 66
> Eastbound.
>
> Weird. Wonder who it is?
>
> Got me to thinking (yeah, yeah, dangerous, I know)
> about what level of Govt gets that kind of
> security? I mean...3 cars, about 10-12 men. Lotta
> salary in that caravan.
>
> Monday I was at the light with them at Nutley/Lee
> Hgwy, but couldn't get a good look inside the
> sedan.
>
> Hmmm.


I have seen the same caravan in the area of Fairfax Circle several times.

I saw the vehicles parked on Old Lee Highway eastbound in Greenway Hills at Brookwood Drive or the next street.

I think the cars are Department of State Security.

Obama gets about 10 vehicles not including an ambulance.

It is definitely not Obama or Biden.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Pan Am Airlines ()
Date: May 12, 2009 01:54PM

I believe they're eating at the Pam Am Restaurant since that place has been around for ages. Good chance that it's one of our new cabinet members who lives nearby.
Attachments:
MorristheCat.JPG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: May 12, 2009 02:00PM

Pan Am Airlines Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe they're eating at the Pam Am Restaurant
> since that place has been around for ages. Good
> chance that it's one of our new cabinet members
> who lives nearby.


Well, like I said, 3-4 times in the last YEAR. So, no, its not a recent cabinet member.

I wonder if it's Dick Cheney, stocking up on art supplies at Michael's, so he can make pretty pictures for DUBYA's museum? He still gets SS protection, right?

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Libby's Scooter ()
Date: May 12, 2009 02:12PM

.
Attachments:
cheney_cries.jpg
Bushmonkey2.JPG
GOODBYEgraph.JPG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: TomMadison ()
Date: May 12, 2009 02:23PM

This is probably the same security detail that I see most mornings coming down Cedar Lane from Vienna and turning right onto Route 29. I described this to a friend who is a Secret Service agent and his guess was either State Department or US Marshals (for a DOJ protectee). I don't know how broadly this is offered within State, but I think that there are at least 8-10 senior staffers within DOJ who get some level of protection.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: TomMadison ()
Date: May 12, 2009 02:27PM

TomMadison Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is probably the same security detail that I
> see most mornings coming down Cedar Lane from
> Vienna and turning right onto Route 29. I
> described this to a friend who is a Secret Service
> agent and his guess was either State Department or
> US Marshals (for a DOJ protectee). I don't know
> how broadly this is offered within State, but I
> think that there are at least 8-10 senior staffers
> within DOJ who get some level of protection.


Thinking about this some more I would not be surprised if this is someone from DHS based on the direction of travel (away from DC).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: May 12, 2009 02:29PM

Isn't it wierd they'd take a right on 29, Away from DC? In the morning? And I'm still puzzled with the whole "behind Michaels/Microcenter for 10-15 minutes" thing...truly a mystery.

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: oaktonmom ()
Date: May 12, 2009 02:31PM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't it wierd they'd take a right on 29, Away
> from DC? In the morning? And I'm still puzzled
> with the whole "behind Michaels/Microcenter for
> 10-15 minutes" thing...truly a mystery.


sounds Foleyesque

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: May 12, 2009 02:33PM

oaktonmom Wrote:

> sounds Foleyesque


Hey, I looked in all the vehicles the other day. No 16 year olds. Well, not that I could see, anyway. (smirk)

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Minataur! ()
Date: May 12, 2009 02:50PM

.
Attachments:
Keepoutofchild.JPG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Tinfoil Hat ()
Date: May 12, 2009 03:09PM

I saw them today at taco bell in tysons, they looked to me like they were having a taco eating competition! the lead car was blue with sirens, and a black SUV

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Furfur ()
Date: May 12, 2009 03:10PM

I drive to the Vienna Metro everyday, and I have seen this numerous times.

It is usually around 10AM I see them at Nutley and Lee.

The first car is a Crown Victoria, the second is a heavily armored Cadillac Seville (the windows look a foot thick) and the third vehicle is a Suburban.

What caught my eye is the fact that the Suburban keeps its windows down and on both sides agents are looking out the windows staring at cars passing them. (They dress like the Matrix agents.)

If they didn't want to draw attention, they shouldn't make themselves so conspicuous.

Also, taking the same route everyday is dangerous in itself. If someone truly wanted to attack this convoy, they know the schedule, direction, and amount of people that make up the caravan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: May 12, 2009 03:42PM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Junes Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > There's got to be a burger joint somewhere
> around
> > there that Obama and Biden REALLY like.
>
>
> I think Obama and Biden (well at least Obama) get
> WAY more than a 3 car caravan. Just guessin on
> that.
>
> The thing is, the restaurants there are sorta at
> the other end. And its a 10-15 minute stop--so
> it'd have to be take out. Take out Glory Days?
> UGH. It's bad enough to eat it there.
>
> Pampered Prune Donuts? LOL Pho? doubt it.
> Shitty Chinese place? not likely.


Yep, when POTUS comes rolling through, they will shut the streets down to through and cross traffic. A secret service helicopter will scout out the route; one or two squad cars will lead well out in front of the pack, followed by a procession of squad cars and/or motorcycles, then POTUSs limo (plus decoy limo), several Secret Service armored suburbans, the RF jammer vehicle (it will wipe out basically ANY RF communications within a couple hundred square feet), several more armored Secret service vehicles, an ambulance, and then more police squad cars.

Its quite a procession and it COMPLETELY fucks up traffic for 10 to 20 minutes.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 03:42PM by ITRADE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: tinfoil hat ()
Date: May 12, 2009 04:15PM

MAN THEY JUST DROVE PAST MY OFFICE, BLUE LEAD, BLUE MIDDLE, BLACK SUV

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: *Yawn* ()
Date: May 12, 2009 04:36PM

.
Attachments:
Obama_gotTHIS.JPG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: May 12, 2009 07:27PM

Take pics next time. I've heard of secret service training in tysons standing on rails that come out under the SUVs but this sounds different. Probably some dipshit Afghan or Pakistani diplomat that we offer protection to so State makes sense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: WAIT ()
Date: May 12, 2009 08:02PM

Caravan at Pan Am?



Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: scottydfl422 ()
Date: May 12, 2009 08:53PM

A few months ago I saw an un-marked dark green (or dark blue) Explorerat Braddock Raod and Guinea Road under lights and siren. What got me was that it had MARYLAND tags. No other official vehicle was in sight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Seann ()
Date: May 12, 2009 09:36PM

Have seen these jokers before, how about the guy in the back seat w/the window down and his head 1/2 way out the window. WTF are you looking fore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: May 12, 2009 10:03PM

scottydfl422 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A few months ago I saw an un-marked dark green (or
> dark blue) Explorerat Braddock Raod and Guinea
> Road under lights and siren. What got me was that
> it had MARYLAND tags. No other official vehicle
> was in sight.

Feds have jusrisdiction in the whole US, doesn't matter what state the vehicle is registered in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: ZW ()
Date: May 13, 2009 09:51AM

It was just El Presidente Purplelips and his faithful sidekick Slow Joe going out for some Grey Poupon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: May 13, 2009 02:47PM

Michael's sells Grey Poupon? Awesome, no need to go to Safeway then.

In related news, spicy mustard manufacturers across the USA reported a large spike in sales this week, and readied themselves to make large contributions to the DNC.

Thanks, Sean! Thanks, Rush!

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: dcbullets ()
Date: May 13, 2009 04:50PM

I've seen them too. They actually cut me off on Nutley as they were leaving 66 and merging. The dude in the SUV motioned for me to back off as they cut in front of me. I was taking my daughter to Apple Tree off of Nutley and they turned into the neighborhood also.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: GovtWrkr ()
Date: May 13, 2009 05:29PM

It was Jill Biden. Saw the same group of cars at PF Changs in Fairfax. She waved back at me too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: May 13, 2009 09:51PM

dcbullets Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've seen them too. They actually cut me off on
> Nutley as they were leaving 66 and merging. The
> dude in the SUV motioned for me to back off as
> they cut in front of me. I was taking my daughter
> to Apple Tree off of Nutley and they turned into
> the neighborhood also.



Good idea that you backed off.

Those guys are heavily armed.

I think they are State Department security.

I believe they protect someone in Greenway Hills on Old Lee Highway in Fairfax City.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: May 13, 2009 11:31PM

Interesting. I go to Micro Center alot and it always seems like there are three or four unmarked LTD's in the middle of the parking lot parked together. Nobody is ever in them. I thought maybe this was some type of staging area for nearby SWAT raids or there was a sub station in the Pan Am shooping center.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2009 11:32PM by Lurker..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: May 13, 2009 11:49PM

I live right around there and haven't seen them before. I'm sure it will be very interesting to see how much money they're spending protecting whoever the hell they're protecting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Furfur ()
Date: May 14, 2009 12:01AM

Just the fact a lot of us have seen them and are talking about it on the internet means THEY HAVE FAILED in their mission.

Its better to be inconspicuous in their protection rather than be driving around like they are in the middle of Baghdad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: May 14, 2009 08:30AM

Lurker. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting. I go to Micro Center alot and it
> always seems like there are three or four unmarked
> LTD's in the middle of the parking lot parked
> together. Nobody is ever in them. I thought maybe
> this was some type of staging area for nearby SWAT
> raids or there was a sub station in the Pan Am
> shooping center.


I think thats just the FCPD detectives getting their Fractured Prune on.

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: TROLL ALERT! ()
Date: May 14, 2009 11:24AM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lurker. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Interesting. I go to Micro Center alot and it
> > always seems like there are three or four
> unmarked
> > LTD's in the middle of the parking lot parked
> > together. Nobody is ever in them. I thought
> maybe
> > this was some type of staging area for nearby
> SWAT
> > raids or there was a sub station in the Pan Am
> > shooping center.
>
>
> I think thats just the FCPD detectives getting
> their Fractured Prune on.
Attachments:
Troll.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: May 14, 2009 12:43PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^

INKY-DINKY-DOO's new contribution to FFXU.

whutta massive douchebag..HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: TROLL ALERT! ()
Date: May 14, 2009 01:30PM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> INKY-DINKY-DOO's new contribution to FFXU.
>
> whutta massive douchebag..HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Attachments:
Troll.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: May 14, 2009 01:43PM

INKY-numbnuts, you really should register that name.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: TROLL ALERT! ()
Date: May 14, 2009 04:35PM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> INKY-numbnuts, you really should register that
> name.
>
> LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Attachments:
Troll.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: just for roach infested food ()
Date: May 15, 2009 11:44PM

Lurker. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting. I go to Micro Center alot and it
> always seems like there are three or four unmarked
> LTD's in the middle of the parking lot parked
> together. Nobody is ever in them. I thought maybe
> this was some type of staging area for nearby SWAT
> raids or there was a sub station in the Pan Am
> shooping center.

They actually love to eat at the Pan Am Family restaurant. Cops are there throughout the day, almost every day

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: break ()
Date: May 15, 2009 11:46PM

You guys ever seen the blue passenger vans that park in the side parking lot? All the people get out of all the vans, they clap and laugh about things, get back in and drive off. What the hell is that?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: NOMAN ()
Date: April 02, 2010 09:29PM

NO MAN.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: bernie fife ()
Date: April 03, 2010 09:01AM

I think use to be a police substation at Pan Am. Not sure the sub station is still there anymore but see lots of police cars still hanging around that shopping center.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Robonscanner ()
Date: April 03, 2010 11:08AM

I saw a Suburban last time at the York Town Starbucks. there was a hot teenage like 17 to 19 year old hot girl getting coffee. One Suburban was outside with the rear door ajar and an additional suburban was 2 spaces back and to the side. Inside was a man in black keeping an eye o everybody, a small microphone on his wrist. You could see his driver was keeping a Keene eye on the dude inside. Inside the teenage girl and her hot mom got some fancy coffee stuff that added up to 15.00 on 2 cups. On the way out they all went to rt 50 and towards Pan Am area. The SUV in the rear had the 2 rear door ajar.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: Jazzy Juice ()
Date: April 05, 2010 01:19AM

I just posted about this last week.. I see it all the time as well. I also see them gather outside Michael's [in the vacant lot on the side].
Having' worked for years in DC I've seen hundreds of motorcades in my life. I've never seen one with the level of "urgency" [men in earpeaces - peaking out windows and shooing away cars that get to close] and the level of casualness [gathering outside a 2-bit crafts store and openly yapping and laughing] - very strange.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: panamania ()
Date: April 05, 2010 02:12AM

They are training...probably from DSTC. They used to do training simulations at cedar park as well. If it were really a high value package they wouldnt do this with such regularity at the same place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 05, 2010 02:55AM

panamania Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are training...probably from DSTC. They used
> to do training simulations at cedar park as well.
> If it were really a high value package they
> wouldnt do this with such regularity at the same
> place.



That would make sense since the training center is near Dunn Loring.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Govt Caravan at Pan Am
Posted by: OMG_,-= ()
Date: April 05, 2010 05:04AM

WOW! Bourne Supremacy shit! OMG! OMG! GTFO!

OMG!

I think you people need to chill out. Wille and Jen were getting coffee.

Think Geek needs frictionless and immediate access to caffeine at all times. They have a long-standing Executive Branch order giving them the highest order of secret service privileges, in the interests of keeping really cool office gadgets available for sale online.

Hell, just look at this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/about-us/

if that isn't a "who's who" of international mystery and espionage, what the fuck are you smoking?

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  ********   ********   **     **  **        
 ***   ***  **     **  **     **  ***   ***  **    **  
 **** ****  **     **  **     **  **** ****  **    **  
 ** *** **  **     **  ********   ** *** **  **    **  
 **     **  **     **  **     **  **     **  ********* 
 **     **  **     **  **     **  **     **        **  
 **     **  ********   ********   **     **        **  
This forum powered by Phorum.