HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Never got my restricted license,,,
Posted by: Toolazy4dmv ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:26AM

So I got a DUI just about a year ago and part of my sentence was getting a restricted license. I never went to the dmv to get the photo ID restricted license, and now enough time has passed that the restricted would be over (it was for 6 months). Can I just go into the DMV since the restriction time is over and get my license reinstated, or will I need to go to the courts or my PO for a resolution; there's only 3 months left of my probation.

TL;dr: was supposed to go to dmv to get restricted license, didn't, time has passed that I wouldn't be restricted anyways, can I just go to dmv? Or do I need to go through the courts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Never got my restricted license,,,
Posted by: Go to the DMV ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:32AM

Just go to the DMV. You'll have to pay a license reinstatement fee of $160 and prove that you have an "FR22", which is just a special insurance policy for people who've had DUI's in Virginia.

Date: May 21, 2015 06:46AM

Why bother after a year?

Posted by: Driver's Ed. ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:33AM

If you're Mexican you no need no stinking license.

Posted by: 2lazy4dmv ()
Date: May 21, 2015 05:23PM

Why bother getting my license? Besides driving legally, using my passport as photo ID is getting old

Posted by: 2lazy4dmv ()
Date: May 21, 2015 05:25PM

So since the time has passed for how long the restricted would have been valid for, I can just go through the regular reinstatement process?

Posted by: hsee ton ()
Date: May 21, 2015 05:57PM

I might be going out on a limb here, but wouldn't it make much more sense to pose this question to someone at the DMV as opposed to the retards that congregate on FU?

Posted by: someguy12 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 06:32PM

If you were actually convicted of DUI then your license is suspended for a year (the whole probation period) and if you want a restricted before that year is up you will need to go through the whole song and dance of court motion for restricted, interlock, etc.

If you pled the dui down to a reckless with only a six month suspension you can go to the DMV and get your regular license back.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.