HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tap Room
Posted by: buddha ()
Date: May 11, 2009 04:29PM

Does anyone know what happened to the tap room in gainsville? The sign on the door says "closed due to issues beyond their controll"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tap Room
Posted by: PWC retard ()
Date: May 11, 2009 04:32PM

I heard it's closed.

And it's not in Fairfax, either.

So who gives a shit?

Posted by: buddha ()
Date: May 11, 2009 04:37PM

Sorry, i didnt realize you never left Fairfax County!! And thanks, i guess you didnt see that I actually saw the sign on the door thus i know it is closed...thanks for the clarification.

Posted by: PWC retard ()
Date: May 11, 2009 04:45PM

From one retard to another, you're welcome!

Anytime!

Is it still closed? Drive by and check for us.

Date: May 11, 2009 04:49PM

buddha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know what happened to the tap room in
> gainsville? The sign on the door says "closed due
> to issues beyond their controll"

First, it's doubtful that the issue was "beyond their control." If they lost their liquor license or had health code violations or too much shit going on in their parking lot after hours, it was all pretty much "in their control."

Second, it was basically like going to a TGI Fridays, so I'm not sure why anyone would miss it.

Posted by: maddog ()
Date: May 11, 2009 07:49PM

PWC retard Wrote:
> I heard it's closed.
>
> And it's not in Fairfax, either.
>
> So who gives a shit?

AGREED

Posted by: Answer ()
Date: May 11, 2009 08:25PM

American Tap Room used to be a single unit restaurant company, with its first unit in the Reston Town Center. They eventually decided to expand and opened their second (and last) unit in Gainesville. The owners, 3 of which I know and have spoken with on a regular occassion (no I am not a Tap Room barfly), have had some bad blood among them and some have pulled out of the investment. In fact, the American Tap Room in Reston sold to Thompson Hospitality a little better than a year ago, but the Gainesville location was kept by the original owners. As some of the owners began pulling out, the company began to realize a cash flow problem. As any entrepreneur knows, no cash flow no business! I have been friends with the former general manager for many years prior to the American Tap Room concept. He left the company in anticipation of the Gainesville location closing when he noticed the cash flow problem.

Posted by: laughingsam ()
Date: May 12, 2009 11:32AM

i went to the one in reston recently. saw "tap Room" and expected decent beers on tap. nope, nothing but macro brews. how can you call yourself a tap room and proudly serve stella as a fancy beer??? having one starr hill on tap does not a tap room make. you'd think there'd actually be decent places for craft beers around here....

[/good beer rant]

Date: May 12, 2009 11:33AM

laughingsam Wrote:
> i went to the one in reston recently. saw "tap
> Room" and expected decent beers on tap. nope,
> nothing but macro brews. how can you call yourself
> a tap room and proudly serve stella as a fancy
> beer??? having one starr hill on tap does not a
> tap room make. you'd think there'd actually be
> decent places for craft beers around here....
>
>
>

I went to the "Tap Room" in Reston recently thinking I would "tap some ass." It didn't happen! How can you call it a "Tap Room?"

Posted by: laughingsam ()
Date: May 12, 2009 11:35AM

there's a morse code joke in here somewhere...

Posted by: just what i heard ()
Date: May 12, 2009 12:08PM

I was told by people that worked there, that they closed because someone got stabbed.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: May 12, 2009 12:35PM

..--..

Date: May 12, 2009 12:40PM

I heard someone took a really bad shit in the bathroom and didn't flush. I mean, it was so bad that nobody would go in and clean it up. The health department had to shut it down.

That's what I heard, anyway.

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: May 12, 2009 12:50PM

I heard that too. Obviously a reason for "closed due to issues beyond their control".

But I also heard the Westfield HS kids had turned it into a heroin den. With black light posters and everything.

Date: May 12, 2009 12:55PM

I heard there really was "ass tapping" going on in the Tap room, too. When families would go there on Saturdays, the wives and kids would leave. Strangely, the fathers always stayed behind and watched.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.