HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Don and Mike Video Game
Posted by: VicodinES ()
Date: May 08, 2009 01:20PM

Does anyone remember buying and playing the Don and Mike video game that they put out around 96 or 97? Was it any good? I remember them touting it like it was the second coming, and then it kind of died out after the release party.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don and Mike Video Game
Date: May 08, 2009 01:22PM

I seem to recall them talking about it a couple of years ago and saying it sucked and that the whole thing was a debacle.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 08, 2009 02:08PM

LOL, I remember them talking about that, the year would've been 96. I did not consider buying it and never played it. If I recall correctly, there was something in the game that involved Mike's Larry King impression. Christ, talk about total lamerness.

I used to really like their show back then though.

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: May 08, 2009 02:29PM

I played it. In terms of game play, it is a lot like the old school Leisure Suit Larry games.

I believe the ending involved Strip Trivia, but I could be wrong. You had to listen to the show for clues on how to find items/locations and such.

Basically...it was worthless.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: May 08, 2009 02:48PM

I owned it and broke my copy years ago.

It was in the format that is the forerunner of today's flash games, and played just like one. You would wander the halls of JFK, and each door had a mini-game or a short bit behind it. Some of the puzzles were fun. In one, for instance, you had to find your way out of purgatory and you were in this cloudy room. In another, you had to organize carts in a cart machine in a difficult way. Other games were less involved.

At the end, you got to watch a strip trivia match with 4 of the most heinous people ever. Don and Mike never mentioned on the air that because it was a flash type game, the video files for the strip trivia and all of the sound clips were in unprotected files on the game cd. I don't think I ever bothered to beat the game after that... what was the point?

All in all, the game was not the worst ever, and for its time, was very amusing. But, the catch is, you have to be super into Don and Mike to get it. If you aren't into the show, it will not make sense.

Posted by: Doni G ()
Date: May 08, 2009 02:54PM

It was called "The World of Don and Mike"

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: May 08, 2009 02:58PM

I forgot all about that game. Never played it, but I remember them talking about it. I have an old cassette tape that has their "best of the year" from the old WAVA Morning Zoo days. Probably circa 1984 or so. Sold in local chains like Kemp Mill Records. Bart was just wee young lad on that tape.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: May 08, 2009 03:46PM

I fit were circa 1984, bart would not be alive if I am correct, and Don and Mike were not on the air, in any event.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: May 09, 2009 04:44PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I fit were circa 1984, bart would not be alive if
> I am correct, and Don and Mike were not on the
> air, in any event.

Could be of later vintage. But it definitely has a toddler Bart on it. Maybe it's more like 1988 or so. The cover is D&M sitting with their stooges stnading around a guy in a suit who is bound and gagged. Probably the GM or someting.

Posted by: Mel ()
Date: May 09, 2009 05:03PM

Heh, I still have that game. Went to Erols for the release and got me an autographed copy.

I liked it -- it was amusing at the time. You had to listen for clues.

Posted by: Ryanwaard ()
Date: November 15, 2022 11:13AM

I have a lot of favorite video games and everywhere I try to keep my rating at the highest level. When I can't handle it myself, I go to apexboosting.eu, where professional boosters help me boost my game account, it's very convenient when we don't have enough time.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.