HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Five Guys' Quality
Posted by: Hawaii ()
Date: July 17, 2006 09:29PM

Over the years, I grew up eating at Five Guys. While I lived in Alexandria, I always went to the location at King St. & Beauregard. While I'm very happy for a local chain to be successful, I have noticed that the quality/taste of the food has gone down. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's still good food, but it's def gone downhill a little. Anyone else notice this? Maybe it's just the locations around me, because they're all new ones (the two in Manassas, and the one in Gainesville). Does anyone here eat at the one on King St.? Is the food still the same as before?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Five Guys' Quality
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 17, 2006 10:24PM

I haven't been to that King St. one in 3 years. But I reluctantly went to their Nags Head, NC location 2 months ago while I was on vacation, and it was freekin great! No quality issues whatsoever, it was fantastic. I don't eat at 5 Guys very much, but when I have it's always been pretty awesome as far as burgers go. I think alot of the negativity the place gets is due to overhype and anticipointment; people have started to expect too much.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 17, 2006 10:53PM

Yeah I hit the Chantilly one by the Costco/Target/Office depot occasionally and it is good. They kill you on the fries though... too many!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2015 03:49PM by pgens.

Posted by: from the 757 ()
Date: July 18, 2006 12:01AM

Yeah, for real man. That Coming Soon! sign has seriously been up for about a year, literally.

Posted by: 345 ()
Date: July 18, 2006 08:31AM

its a burger joint fer christ sake, get over it.

Posted by: Dude ()
Date: July 18, 2006 09:10AM

LOL

nooo, its a masterpiece of cooking extravaganza.

Hawaii Your Totally Correct
Posted by: The Real Five Guy ()
Date: July 18, 2006 12:29PM

The Alexandria location was the original, with the original excellent taste with outstanding quality by the real owners of the business.

I have been to the one in Chantilly and the taste of the meat is close Micky Dees now.

Date: July 18, 2006 12:39PM

Did you expect a good, quality beef for $3-5?
hehehe.

that beef aint from Whole Foods people.

Posted by: One Guy ()
Date: July 18, 2006 02:01PM

The one in Reston at Fox Mill is awesome. And yup on the fries, you need the stomach of 300lber to finish them.

Date: July 18, 2006 03:07PM

and if you do finish em, well, you will be 300lb

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 18, 2006 06:00PM

Five guys food is good enough but I hate waiting for anything. The one in Fox Mill is especially good at making it take way too fucking long to fill your order (ten minutes last time, and the place had one other customer in it!!!). Ten minutes to make a burger? Do they make sweet love to the thing first?

I understand it is made-to-order and all, but they have some slow-ass motherfuckers doing it, and nobody else pitches in to get shit done faster.

I veto five guys based on service, not taste. Combine the service of say, a Wendies with the taste of five guys and I may just come where I am standing.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 18, 2006 10:13PM

I noticed the same slow service at that Fox Mill one, I work near there and never go in there because it takes so long. Same story with the italian and chinese places in that plaza, slow as hell.

Date: July 18, 2006 10:31PM

I used to work at the giant there, lunches were torture because I had 30 minutes, and most of the places there fuck around and it takes your entire lunch just to get the food.

Now every restaurant in that center is pretty much new since I lived there, but I am sure the service still sucks. Fox Millers are some lazy-ass motherfuckers fo sho, and then you have people from the projects in reston working all over fox mill center also. yay.

Posted by: Kev ()
Date: July 31, 2006 10:59PM

The one at Tyson's mall is always flooded with people at noon. Go there at 11:30 and you can have your stuff in a few minutes. They also take fax and phone orders. The grease on the bag tells me it tastes good, plus never a stale bun or wrong looking lettuce or tomato. 5 Guys doesn't say they have food in a minute, and when they do we'll probably hate it.

I used to travel to the 5 Guys on Rte 1 in Woodbridge to get a good burger. I built myself up for it. Maybe the availability of it all cheapens the taste. Too many stores.

If you would rather food in a minute than great tasting food, don't go to this joint, or any other place that has a line or a wait. I mean really, it's just 5 or 10 minutes.

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: August 01, 2006 10:50AM

Hawaii Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Over the years, I grew up eating at Five Guys.
> While I lived in Alexandria, I always went to the
> location at King St. & Beauregard. While I'm very
> happy for a local chain to be successful, I have
> noticed that the quality/taste of the food has
> gone down. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's still
> good food, but it's def gone downhill a little.
> Anyone else notice this? Maybe it's just the
> locations around me, because they're all new ones
> (the two in Manassas, and the one in Gainesville).
> Does anyone here eat at the one on King St.? Is
> the food still the same as before?

They're still the greasy heart-attack bombs they've always been. Taste the same to me. Regardless of which one you go to, the line still sucks and it takes too friggin' long.

Date: August 01, 2006 01:42PM

I just don't think they taste THAT great. they are good but not worth the wait for me.

Posted by: henry ()
Date: August 01, 2006 03:01PM

they are not as good as a wendy's burger.

Posted by: 345 ()
Date: August 01, 2006 08:25PM

"I used to work at the giant there"

I bet you did. Cleanup on aisle 5.

Posted by: almost dinner time ()
Date: March 10, 2015 03:40PM

Sounds good.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 10, 2015 03:53PM

When the trolls bump these 9-10-year-old posts at least I can correct horrid grammar and spelling issues from back then.

Posted by: burger nazi ()
Date: March 10, 2015 04:05PM

Their burgers are too greasy, it is much healthier to buy say 85/15 or 90/10 ground beef. Besides the bun and toppings make the burger, not the grease.

Posted by: Transfatty ()
Date: March 10, 2015 04:36PM

Burgers are okay, nothing special but much better than the fast food joints. The fries are greatly improved. They used to tout that they made them from scratch and they were always way too greasy. Now they're better. Not the greatest, but better.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Deathwatch ()
Date: March 10, 2015 10:01PM

The problem with Five Fags is you can't order your burger cooked a particular way, e.g. ''medium rare'' because they cook them all the same. So fuck those guys.

I think it's good that they have peanuts because people with peanut allergies are a new phenomenon that needs to be culled from the herd.

Posted by: 10 years strong! ()
Date: March 10, 2015 10:15PM

pgens Wrote:
> When the trolls bump these 9-10-year-old posts at
> least I can correct horrid grammar and spelling
> issues from back then.

An OG poster chimes in!

Re: Five Guys @ King & Beauregard
Posted by: uberX ()
Date: March 10, 2015 10:56PM

It's funny this thread got bumped because the second-original location at the corner of King & Beauregard in Alexandria is no more. They closed up shop about two years ago, and I'd imagine it was mostly due to terrible parking and the too busy intersection.

And a Five Guys burger is still as greasy as it ever was.

Posted by: Breakfast----- ()
Date: March 11, 2015 06:44AM

pgens Wrote:
> When the trolls bump these 9-10-year-old posts at
> least I can correct horrid grammar and spelling
> issues from back then.

Isn't it fun to look back on what you did 9 years ago?

Posted by: Nice Guy Eddie ()
Date: March 11, 2015 06:51AM

These gourmet burger places keep popping up but they are not worth the high prices. Five Guys continues to be the number one seed for good burgers and fries.

Posted by: kev ()
Date: March 11, 2015 09:49AM

If you want a truly gourmet burger go to Teds Montana grill. Sure you can spend $15 on a burger, but so worth it. Best burger I had in the area hands down.

Posted by: Old Virginian ()
Date: March 11, 2015 12:33PM

Or just put forth some effort and make your own burgers!

As a family, we made the most delicious burgers with manchego cheese over the weekend.

We topped our burgers with sauteed onions in balsamic and apple cider vinegar, sautéed sliced jalapenos in olive oil, lettuce, tomato, pickles & mayo and served them on toasted fresh sesame rolls.

Made a homemade roasted potato dish and a broccoli and corn casserole as accompaniments and we ate like Kings and Queens.

Sure it took up about 3 hours of time between shopping and preparing everything but the food was fantastic and we knew what we were eating because we made everything from scratch. All ingredients were fresh/farm raised and it was well worth the trouble.

Preparing the meal and eating it together was a great family bonding experience, even had the grandparents over to enjoy the food as well. It's a shame cooking together is something most families don't care to partake in these days.

Posted by: j66t9 ()
Date: March 11, 2015 01:56PM

Old Virginian Wrote:

> Sure it took up about 3 hours of time between
> shopping and preparing everything but the food was
> fantastic and we knew what we were eating because
> we made everything from scratch.

^^^^ 3 MOTHERFUCKING HOURS. ^^^^

OK gramps. TLFO.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.