HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What are some cool places in/around Fairfax?
Posted by: WockaFlockaForPrez ()
Date: April 26, 2015 06:00PM

What are some cool places in or around Fairfax besides like the obvious such as D.C. and stuff? Like fun places where I can take my gf and she'd enjoy it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What are some cool places in/around Fairfax?
Posted by: DonkeyDong ()
Date: April 26, 2015 06:14PM

Great Falls...that's about it.

Posted by: 3b6kw ()
Date: April 26, 2015 06:15PM

There aren't any unless you're a wetback or a nog.

Move now.

Posted by: mark j ()
Date: April 26, 2015 06:17PM

that's correct..Fx is boring

Posted by: Dog Walker1 ()
Date: April 26, 2015 07:56PM

WockaFlockaForPrez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What are some cool places in or around Fairfax
> besides like the obvious such as D.C. and stuff?
> Like fun places where I can take my gf and she'd
> enjoy it?

I agree with the suggestion that Great Falls is a good place to try. I have a park pass, but if you'd rather not pay to go to Great Falls Park, you can go to Riverbend Park (free at least for FFX residents). Park there, and walk to Great Falls Park (no entry fee for hikers). Maybe 1 mile or so each way.

Also, across Potomac from Great Falls Park is C & O National Historical Park. Good place for views, hiking, picnics. Downside is that you have to drive across often congested American Legion Bridge to Maryland.

Numerous other great parks along the river and throughout the area. Algonkian Regional Park has regular golf, mini-golf, hiking, picnic tables, river access for boating.

South of Fairfax County is Prince William Forest Park with some nice hiking, camping, picnic tables and also a bike-only road if you are so inclined. http://www.nps.gov/prwi/planyourvisit/bicycling.htm

If your GF wants something less vigorous, a nice restaurant in Old Town Alexandria (near where King Street goes to the Potomac) can be fun, especially eating in an outdoor part of the restaurant on a nice day or evening. You can walk over to the river & watch boats go by.

==========
==========
(Dog Walker81 was my former unregistered screen name, but I promoted myself to #1 when I registered my current name.)

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Cassis on manners

Ignoring juvenile attacks and remarks on the internet for over two decades.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.