HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Going to a travel soccer game to teach kids work ethic and team work.
Posted by: Sports develop work ethic. ()
Date: April 26, 2015 03:43PM

I'm the coach and I teach these kids how to succeed in life and how to work with one another.
Suck it libs!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Going to a travel soccer game to teach kids work ethic and team work.
Date: April 26, 2015 04:06PM

COOL

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: April 26, 2015 04:13PM

Sports develop work ethic. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm the coach and I teach these kids how to
> succeed in life and how to work with one another.
> Suck it libs!

How long until we read ''Local soccer coached charged with child molestation''?

Suck it kids!

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: April 27, 2015 08:10AM

The importance of youth sports here in NOVA is disproportionate to sports' importance in the overall cycle of an individual's life. Youth sports fans like to talk about how they're giving kids "life building blocks" and teaching them "more than just sports". And there's some truth there...I played 6 sports annually growing up here in NOVA from the time I was 5 until I was 18. I made it to travel hockey and that was about the extent of my "greatness". And I have continued playing and coaching sports into my adulthood.

But somewhere in the late 1990's, things really started to change. Instead of youth sports being about getting out there and having some fun with your friends, it got way too serious. I was shocked to hear a friend of mine worried about which infant soccer program would be best for their son. I'm sorry...I forgot to mention that none of the kids who play infant soccer CAN EVEN WALK YET!

Youth sports and childhood in general here in NOVA is now all about "finding out what my kid does best as soon as possible...and then? SPENDING EVERY WAKING MOMENT DOING THAT ONE ACTIVITY AND NOTHING ELSE!" I get that it's a competitive world and it's important to figure out your strengths and weaknesses but whatever happened to developing a weakness being a challenge to one's life journey?

Every youth coach I ever had always told the families of my teams something to the effect of, "Sports are fun. They teach us a lot. At the same time, there's is more...much more to growing up than sports. Very few of you are good enough to play in high school, 90% of those athletes won't play in college and 99% of those athletes won't play professionally. Enjoy playing and participating...it's meant to be fun."

Posted by: xCYWb ()
Date: April 27, 2015 08:18AM

You coaches need to advertise more!!!! I find wonderful signs on the side of the road, call to inquire- and signup is already over! Need better ads than that!!!

Posted by: mjs82 ()
Date: April 27, 2015 08:25AM

does your arm hurt from patting yourself on the back...

Posted by: soccer dad.. ()
Date: April 27, 2015 02:07PM

Sadly, my experience with local soccer involves a lot of "Daddy ball". Every coach's kid is the striker or central midfielder. The travel teams are either run for the benefit of the coach's son, or the financial benefit of the coach, or sometimes both. It's not enough that the team win, the right player has to score too. I sure it gives kids a life lesson, just maybe not the one that's advertised - I guess understanding greed and narcissism are important too.

Not saying it's all of them, but it is an awful lot.

Posted by: same old song ()
Date: April 27, 2015 02:25PM

This is the same self serving crap pervert band coaches like Laurence Einuis probably dished out, or the same rationalization for horrible behavior at fraternities, just ask Brett Trapp, the Boosterthon man.

Posted by: humility ()
Date: April 27, 2015 10:16PM

as long as you don't tell them that kicking a ball well makes them better than the next person or entitle them to be an ass like their ego driven parents

Posted by: Eunuis is a typical republican ()
Date: April 27, 2015 11:57PM

That's great!

If the team are girls, they'll all grow up to be Democratic-voting soccer moms.
If they're boys, playing that girls' game will turn 'em queer, and they'll probably all vote Democratic.

And if you want to be sucked, ask one of the team members - I don't roll that way.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.